What time did your day start? And did it start good or bad? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 07-20-2008, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mine started at 4am, when I took the puppy out to pee and came back into the house to the sound of ds's feet pitter-pattering down the hall. :

Things have not improved much since then, sad to say.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 18 Old 07-20-2008, 01:00 PM

Sorry.

Its only 9am here. The kids slept till 8 and were quiet enough that I pretended to keep sleeping till 8:30. Its been okay so far.

As soon as my tea is done I need to get started on housework though

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#3 of 18 Old 07-20-2008, 01:01 PM

I got up around 9:45 and made coffee w/ my youngest (she's 6). We're just getting going, showered, dressed now. My day started well and I have no reason to think it won't keep going in the same way. The last couple of days were rough and I'm about done with that, thankyouverymuch.

We are a very lazy family, especially in the heat of summer. Plus, we're becoming a night-owl family. I used to get up at 6-7am everyday. These days, I'm lucky if I see the morning light before 9am. I kind of miss my mornings, actually.

I'm a morning person.  We actually do exist.
#4 of 18 Old 07-20-2008, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I'm not even sure what time it was, something like 7 AM. It started out great, big kisses from my 12-month-old, and he nursed for a looong time while I caught up on internet stuff.

I hope your day gets much better, OP.
#5 of 18 Old 07-20-2008, 01:06 PM

My day started nice and early. Lo slept in and I got up early to drive ds to work ( Mcdonalds breakfast shift ) made coffee, read the paper and chatted(ing) with lovely mamas on mdc coffee klatch thread. :
#6 of 18 Old 07-20-2008, 01:06 PM

6 a.m. when I got two hours alone time before my family called me in for snuggle time.
#7 of 18 Old 07-20-2008, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, I'm now hoping to absorb some of your good starts through osmosis!

It wouldn't be so bad except that ds isn't a napper, and when he gets overtired (which he already was at 8am due to his early start), he finds all sorts of mischief to get into. You would think he wouldn't have the energy to be so creative!

My two younger girls were both up by 7:00am, so they, too, are tired and grumpy -- holy man. It took dd#3 close to an hour to decide what she wanted for breakie b/c she was too tired to make the decision. She kept screaming at me to get it for her, though (before she decided what to have).

Dd#1 is gone camping for the weekend, and we are all missing her like crazy. She will be home tonight, and hopefully once our family is all together again we will be in a much happier place. Dh is working this weekend, too, so we're feeling that absence as well.

I wish I could come up with something fun and fabulous to put us all in a better mood, but on the 3 hours of sleep I got I'm pretty drained...
#8 of 18 Old 07-20-2008, 01:20 PM

I feel for you mama . . . there are some days when staying in bed is the only way to manage the day. Now, if only I can find a way to stay in bed and still 'run around' after a very busy 3yr old.
#9 of 18 Old 07-20-2008, 01:32 PM

6:45 AM. It was already around 70 degrees and horribly humid - the window fan wasn't helping much anymore. Woke up with my head feeling like a lead balloon.

Church was great, it was air-conditioned there. But now we're back at home and it's just oppressive, and raining to boot. I'm thinking of taking the kids to Barnes & Noble for a few hours. Poor DD is playing a softball tourney - 2 games in this awful heat/humidity. Ugh.

Every baptized Christian is, or should be, someone with an actual (disturbing) experience, ... a close encounter, with God; someone who, as a result, becomes a disturbing presence to others. - Fr. Anthony J. Gittins, A Presence That Disturbs
#10 of 18 Old 07-20-2008, 01:42 PM

it was a rough sleeping night...so I am not sure yesterday ever ended!
#11 of 18 Old 07-20-2008, 02:07 PM

i was woken at 3AM by DD2 climbing into my bed. then the dog started messing about. i had DH get out fo bed 3 tiems to sort him out while i nursed DD2 back to sleep. dozed offoand on till DH got up at 7.30 with kids. slept till 9AM (OMG that is late for me im normaly up at 7am) then rememebere i had a christening to goto so spent an hour dashing aroudn finding clothes for kdis and gettign ready. we were 10 mins late. was a good do. i was up set by my brother. he told me i was being "disgracefull" for BFing DD2 in teh churtch to stop her screaming and yelling her head off. i went to the after party had a too much alcohol, kids ate loads at the buffet, left at 1pm, walked home went did my weekly shop came home had a cuppa tea, and sat here ever since. all in all not a bad day.

Kiz
#12 of 18 Old 07-20-2008, 03:37 PM

6:00AM

To the sound of water on the roof. We though it had started raining, but after looking out the window and seeing no rain, we got suspicious. We looked out of another window and realized that a pipe to the watering system had a break in it and water was shooting 15' into the air. It took us about 20 minutes to figure out how to turn the main system off even though the the watering system was NOT on and hasn't been for weeks. Now we have to get it repaired. No telling how much water was wasted last night. Thank goodness we wasn't out of town when this happened.
#13 of 18 Old 07-20-2008, 03:40 PM

Don't remember what time I woke up, but my day so far has been slow. It's rainy and there's a head lodged in my pelvis.

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif
#14 of 18 Old 07-20-2008, 04:14 PM

1045am. It's Sunday - DH takes the kid and I sleep in.

We were going to drive to Presque Isle to go to the beach...about 2 hours away. Got everything ready and loaded, got half way there, and, big ol' thunderstorms. Like, the ones where they "interrupt this program to bring you a special weather bulletin". All of Western PA is under a severe thunderstorm watch until 8 pm. : So we turned around. We'll try next Sunday (DH works Sat, and leaves for South Carolina for two weeks then next weekend). It's raining here as well (so much for that 40% chance - it's 100% by my window's forecast).

DH has taken aforementioned child to the grocery store and is blowing money on gosh knows what. Pretty lazy Sunday in all. Will watch Big Brother tonight. No other plans.
#15 of 18 Old 07-20-2008, 04:40 PM

Mine started when the sun started peeking through my blinds to dive a spike through my skull. It's gotten a bit better since then. I've spent the day resting in the hopes that I feel better by evening so I can go see an old friend of mine play his sister's grad party.

Otherwise, we're indulging in a lovely lazy day.
#16 of 18 Old 07-20-2008, 04:47 PM

I woke up at 5am alert and ready to go. Thank god it didn't last and I fell back asleep before even getting up. At 9:30 I woke up for good - the 2 year old usually gets me up at 8 so it was a nice change. Did dishes, mopped, vaccumed, did some laundry, posted smack on MDC and made some iced coffee....yelled at the kids a dozen times (windows are shut, neighbors can't complain ) and that was my morning.

Amy ~ Web Designing Single Mom to 4: DD14, DS12, DS5, DS3
#17 of 18 Old 07-20-2008, 05:08 PM

4:15am when my 2 year old awoke with a high fever. I managed to get her back to sleep after getting her some water and getting her comfy. Unfortunately I never really managed to get back to sleep.

All in all though I'd say it started out good compared to yesterday when she woke up at 4:30am vomiting. I spent the rest of the day washing vomit out of stuff and cleaning it off the sofa cushions and rug. Thank goodness there has been no vomit today.

coolshine.gif

#18 of 18 Old 07-20-2008, 05:25 PM

At around 830am, but it was a night of broken sleep/nurseathon. It started out pretty good- I was able to get a nice long shower. DH and I have been doing housework all day.

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page