Vent! rough week, car trouble, friend trouble, now vandalism! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 08-02-2008, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
While DH and I were gone to work last night (in his car) somebody broke out the passenger side window in my truck. The radio is still here, the tools in the back are still here (which are locked up but still), the friggin doors were unlocked for cryin out loud. It appears that the window is just broken for no good reason.

ARGH! It's just the icing on the cake. I've had a rough week.
First one of my "friends" suddenly thinks I'm stealing her husband because when we all ate together I sat between her hubby and mine, and gasp! I might've sat an inch or two closer to hers! Ok I do not need friends who are stuck in middle school for cryin out loud!!! Friends are for the birds.

Moving on, for the weekend (Tue/Wed for me) I decided to leave ex-friends behind and DH and I went camping instead. Truck broke down 100 miles from home. Fortunately it broke down in town instead of 20 miles out at camp, and they had a part in stock. Could have been a LOT worse, so we are thankful it wasn't . . . but still. It was 95 degrees and we didn't get to swim or fish like planned, it was a rough weekend.

SO last night my only other friend decided she hates me. Backstory: she was abused by her dad and stepdad, so she doesn't like men much and doesn't date much. Several people at work have asked me if she was lesbian because she didn't date men, I told them 'no I don't think so' and they asked me why I told them it wasn't my place to tell them her life history, go ask her. So I told her privately at her house that people kept asking me and that they thought she was lesbian. Aparently it made her mad at me, even though I can't see that I did anythign wrong. Blabbing about her would have been wrong, but telling them to go ask her themselves and then telling her about it discreetly was the best thing I could figure.
Suddenly after she gets mad at me rumors start about me at work. Something that only she would have known. Gah! I am SO FRIGGIN TIRED OF THIS MIDDLE SCHOOL BULL!! Pleeeeease grow up!
In the middle of all that, we get home from work to find my window broken.

I hate everyone right now. I never had many friends growing up, I guess it's better to keep it that way. Lonely and depressing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 08-02-2008, 09:54 PM

When it rains it pours I guess. Normally things come in threes, but I guess you passed that one. Maybe you'll win the lottery next week.
#3 of 9 Old 08-02-2008, 10:51 PM

no great words of advice here, just wanted to offer a hug.

One by one the days are slipping up behind you ~ One by one the sweetest days of life go by :
-Woodie Guthrie
#4 of 9 Old 08-02-2008, 10:55 PM

s Hope the coming week is better.

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

#5 of 9 Old 08-02-2008, 11:42 PM

I think you handled the lesbian thing perfectly. Your friend is immature.

Sounds like you are a good friend who maybe needs better 'dysfunction' radar?

V

Happy Momma to DD (almost 3) Fall Coleslaw -- Simple Italian Stuffed Peppers -- - Fall Toddler Activities.- We Made a Play Kitchen Selling gently used books on all topics here.
#6 of 9 Old 08-02-2008, 11:46 PM

Sorry to hear you've had a rough week. Here's hoping it'll get better starting immediately!
#7 of 9 Old 08-03-2008, 02:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet2 View Post
I think you handled the lesbian thing perfectly. Your friend is immature.

Sounds like you are a good friend who maybe needs better 'dysfunction' radar?

V
Oh I knew she is dysfucntional/immature, usually I just tune her out and limit my time spent with her. I'm not too upset to lose her as a friend, just upset that she's spreading rumors about me.

It's the other one, who thinks everyone is out to steal her hubby, I didn't know she was like that. Again, I can handle losing that kind of a "friend".
#8 of 9 Old 08-03-2008, 02:17 AM

Somebody broke my car window rcently and tirns out it is really cheap to get a used one from a junk yard and put it in yourself. It took me about 30 minutes and cost me 40$ instead of the 200$ quoted from the car window repair place. You should look into that if you do not want to or cannot get your insurance involved.

As for your friend, I would call her out on her ridiculous rumour starting behaviour and end the friendship.

Single mom to E (2004) and D (2010)
#9 of 9 Old 08-03-2008, 02:27 AM - Thread Starter

ah yes, I get most my car parts from the junkyard It's just so friggin aggrevating to try and wrestle that glass into the track in the inside of the door (well, the glass came out of the track once, same side, so it was frustrating the first time even if it didn't take THAT long to fix) . . . I'm still very tempted to pay someone else to do it. Especially given that it's a million degrees outside and most repair places here have an a/c garage to do it in.

(and yes, all "friends" mentioned in the OP are now ex-friends)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page