Short movie about car accidents...wanted to share. - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 08-15-2008, 12:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
READ THIS POST BEFORE WATCHING!!!

Just got this in mail today and wanted to share. It's really graphic and it is NOT for weak stomach. Make sure NO children are around. As much as it is really brutal and very graphic, it has really good message in it. I think EVERY person should see this, despite of how sick it's going to make them feel. This movie is extremely well done and simulates (looks more than real) few different situations how car accidents happen, due to alcohol, driving tired, not paying attention when you crossing street etc. I would not show it to my 5 year old, but I do wonder what age it would be good to see this at because I think it delivers the message very well that most teens and kids simply can not grasp.

here we go. http://patrz.pl/filmy/kierowco-nie-badz-bezmyslny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 08-15-2008, 01:19 AM

That video was good. Very sad. It makes me never want to leave the house again- as if I need to be more paranoid than I already am!

dd1 4/7/05 dd2 8/22/07 and b/g twins born 5/23/10
#3 of 5 Old 08-15-2008, 01:20 AM

I'm really not up for watching it, but I have seen movies/slides of graphic pictures in the past.

In high school we had a day dedicated towards learning about experiences outside of our community. We had a HIV+ man come in to tell us about his experience with the disease and losing his partner to it, we had a woman who had survived the holocaust talk to a group of students, etc. And one of the presenters was a local plastic surgeon who, with assistance of the police department, showed pictures and videos of car accidents and car accident victims due to drunk driving.

I'm good with that pretty much for life.

Rebecca, CPST, Navy wife to Chris, furmama to Fenway

#4 of 5 Old 08-15-2008, 01:36 AM

that's a great movie. thanks. two of my nephews are driving and another is approaching that age. i'll be sure to pass it along to them
#5 of 5 Old 08-15-2008, 01:42 AM

Only speaking from my own experience here, but I don't think a kid or teen that watches that video or any other is going to get much out of it.

Three other friends and I almost died in a car accident when I was 16. One friend was in a wheelchair for more than a year and I broke my neck and had to have reconstructive plastic surgery on my face and hand. None of us were drinking. Having that actual experience was the only thing that got through to us.

In our high school we lost friends and classmates to accidents, drunk driving, etc. A football star even became completely disabled for life (physically and mentally). That didn't even change people's driving habits.

Our high school had speakers, presenters, scary videos, and even a fake car accident outside our school with our real classmates as mangled, horrible, scary, dead accident victims. Everyone thought it was real. Police and ambulances came (they were "in on it") and they did the whole body bag thing in front of us. Did that change anything? Nope. Teens believe it can't happen to them. That stuff doesn't change behavior, IMO and IME. I think it makes them sad for a minute and maybe something really shocking might affect them for a day. The scenario might even pop into their heads sometimes, like when they're trying to sleep but I don't think it has the impact, at any teen or young age, that we wish it did.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page