It should be illegal.... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 45 Old 10-10-2008, 01:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katfka View Post
I think its a biological instinct to look for vital men. They make my uterus twitch.
Love it!

Nancy, Mom to Kyra (2005), Zoe (2006), Callie (2007) (2008), and Xavier (2009)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 45 Old 10-10-2008, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemomma View Post
I'm such a party pooper, I know, but I was trying to imagine how I would feel if I came across this exact same thread written by fathers/husbands about a college girl working in his yard. I would be disgusted, personally.
Maybe because men would be talking crude and nasty (sexually) about a woman? We're just appreciating the male form

Amy ~ Web Designing Single Mom to 4: DD14, DS12, DS5, DS3
#33 of 45 Old 10-10-2008, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthea™ View Post
Maybe because men would be talking crude and nasty (sexually) about a woman? We're just appreciating the male form
riiiiiiiight......................
#34 of 45 Old 10-10-2008, 02:16 PM

Quote:
I'm such a party pooper, I know, but I was trying to imagine how I would feel if I came across this exact same thread written by fathers/husbands about a college girl working in his yard. I would be disgusted, personally.
Yet another double standard in our world. *sigh*

Hey, I was working on the day the firemen came by to check the restaurants fire safety.

5 men in uniform hanging around the restaurant paying attention to me only because I was the manager on duty.

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif
#35 of 45 Old 10-10-2008, 02:25 PM

Quote:
riiiiiiiight......................
Maybe the men I know are just all crude pigs and the women are more respectful?

....actually, that's probably it

My spidey senses are telling me my sense of humor is falling on deaf ears. I'm just teasing here!

Amy ~ Web Designing Single Mom to 4: DD14, DS12, DS5, DS3
#36 of 45 Old 10-10-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't. As long as it's a legal adult being admired, like in this thread, I see nothing wrong with it. Nothing disgusting or inappropriate is being said. Why is it SO wrong nowadays to say outloud that you think someone is incredibly attractive?
#37 of 45 Old 10-10-2008, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amydidit View Post
I wouldn't. As long as it's a legal adult being admired, like in this thread, I see nothing wrong with it. Nothing disgusting or inappropriate is being said. Why is it SO wrong nowadays to say outloud that you think someone is incredibly attractive?
I don't think it is SO wrong, and I'm not trying to pick a fight, but for *me* it would disgusting to hear HUSBANDS having this conversation- for example "spill juice on her pants and then she'd have to take them off and sneak a peak! Take pictures! I'm married...I'm married...I'm married..."

I know there are much bigger issues in life then this fun, fluff thread, but I just wanted to point out the double standard I saw, and see what others thought.
#38 of 45 Old 10-10-2008, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry ladies, no pics By the time he got back, dh was home and he was wearing his shirt again....ahhh, never to be seen again. Oh well, I had fun watching, just wish I had more windows

I don't think there is anything wrong with this thread. If men could keep it clean (like everyone here has) then why would anyone see a problem with it? :

single mommy to identical twin girls (3/06) Non-traditional mama just : through life.
#39 of 45 Old 10-10-2008, 03:26 PM

Teh Intarweb: A magical place where anything, absolutely anything, can turn into a debate.

p.s. pics!

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

#40 of 45 Old 10-10-2008, 03:54 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoGranola View Post
I believe his shirt IS already off!
Then she needs to spill it on his pants.

Ah, well, it sounds like the work is done and he won't be coming back.

Ruth, single mommy to 3 quasi-adults
#41 of 45 Old 10-10-2008, 05:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was hoping there'd be pics today. Sorry you weren't able to get any so all of us could live vicariously.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#42 of 45 Old 10-11-2008, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

They start siding the house on Monday, SOOOO I'm hoping for a little more eye candy and if there is, I'll definately snap some photos!!!

single mommy to identical twin girls (3/06) Non-traditional mama just : through life.
#43 of 45 Old 10-11-2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
I don't think it is SO wrong, and I'm not trying to pick a fight, but for *me* it would disgusting to hear HUSBANDS having this conversation- for example "spill juice on her pants and then she'd have to take them off and sneak a peak! Take pictures! I'm married...I'm married...I'm married..."

I know there are much bigger issues in life then this fun, fluff thread, but I just wanted to point out the double standard I saw, and see what others thought.
Maybe because in a patriarchy men have the power and therefore oggling a college girl is actually threatening and territorial.
#44 of 45 Old 10-11-2008, 08:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaomiLorelie View Post
Maybe because in a patriarchy men have the power and therefore oggling a college girl is actually threatening and territorial.
I thought objectifing people was wrong?

Also have you asked him how he felts be thought of as a peice of meat?

Two wrongs don't make a right.

I also think this is a strong reminder that women are and can be just as visual as men. I think it is in our biology to look for health and stregnth for survival. That is natural. Just as it is natural for men to enjoy the view. This can be done respectfully.
#45 of 45 Old 10-12-2008, 01:39 AM

Why do my next door neighbors have to hire the guy who looks like super mario?

Yeah, gimme the addy so I can have a little eyecandy too! :

Cindy + DH Paul = DS1 (4/26/06), DS2 (11/30/07), DD (12/20/10) & surprise 4th edition coming in April 2014.

Bradley Method Natural Childbirth Educator, Doula, and Breastfeeding Counselor

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page