Wow - We have our very own thread! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 12-02-2010, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello August Ladies!  We can settle in and get to know each other now!

I'll start the intros:  I'll be 43 when this little one arrives, my DP is 47, and we have a 4year old DD.  We live in Seattle.  I'm thrilled to be getting to do this again!  We were trying for a homebirth with DD, and ended up transferring to the hospital, then had a pretty straightforward birth.  I'm hoping to have this baby at home.  Due 8/8.

I said this already, but I'm so happy to be going on this journey with all of you, and know this will be a great source of support and advice.  TIA!

If someone wants to start the official Roll Call Thread, go ahead, and I can move this over, but I just noticed the time and have to run.

#2 of 27 Old 12-02-2010, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm angela,32 yrs old. Married to troy, 31 and we have a cute little redhead named London Jacob who is 16 months today. We are expecting our second 8/10 and are very excited. Currently still BFing london..and I think just going to play it by ear on how that goes. We move around the world for my husbands work, normally living somewhere for a few weeks to a few months. Right now we are in AL, USA however we will be in Brazil once the Visas come through. We have been traveling like this for 4 yrs and love it. We had a homebirth here in the states with london and I hope to have another one. I think thats my basics :D CAn't wait to get to know you all <3

Traveling around the world with my husband and son (8/2/09). Extended BFing, Co-sleeping, ECing/CDing, Babywearing, alternative vaccination, non-circing mama
#3 of 27 Old 12-02-2010, 04:50 PM

I'm Danielle, 27. I have a little girl who will be 6 this month! My husband is a Marine, and he deployed at 5dpo, and will return when I'm around 36 weeks. We planned it that way! We swore we were only having 1 due to a traumatic birth (GBS infected, Shoulder Dystocia, 6 wks in NICU, etc.) but baby fever finally hit me about a year ago and I decided to suck it up and go through it again. I'm due 8/9.

Mama to a 6 year old diva, and new little man July 2011.

#4 of 27 Old 12-02-2010, 05:48 PM

joy.gif  Yay!  So glad we have our DDC up now!!!  

We have two DD's, 7 & 4, and this is our first pregnancy since my miscarriage nearly two years ago.  I'm a little nervous, but very optimistic b/c I'm having tons of symptoms from super early.  My super sonic smell turned on at 4 dpo, I had noticeable breast changes at 7dpo, and got my bfp at 9 dpo!  I'm due 8/7, which is the day after DD1's bday.

Danielle, it must have taken some careful planning to get your timing so close!  My DH is also a Marine...are you still in NC?

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#5 of 27 Old 12-02-2010, 05:53 PM

I'm Aja, 28, and with the grace of God this will be my first live birth. I live in michigan and am beyond excited to welcome this little one into the world.

I found out last night that my only brother's girlfriend is pregnant, too, so our family's first grandchildren will be born less than two weeks apart.

Body, I've been more than patient. Please make a baby. Please?
always loving my babies. (May 08)(April 09)(August 09)(September 09) (December 10)
#6 of 27 Old 12-02-2010, 05:54 PM

in the words of Elmo, YAHOOWEEEE! Can't wait to meet all of you!

I'm Erin, 29, married to Phillip, and we have our little buddy Chase Atticus who is 2, the baby is due a month after his 3rd birthday.  We have 2 dogs, black lab Guinness and choc lab Moxie.  We love Boston sports and music.  I'll do my damndest to make it to the U2 show in NJ a few weeks before I am due.  Chase's birth was 53 hours of madness and I can't imagine if I hadn't prepped and been firm with my wishes, what would have happened. Soooo......we're likely going the homebirth route this time, meeting with the MW next week to ease some last concerns.  Chase's infancy was also madness with food allergies and nutrition issues, and with some of the testing, I found out that I am MTHFR homo and DH is hetero, which means increased mc risk, allergies, tongue tie and more.  Taking lots of separate supplements instead of a prenatal, hoping that reduced stress and different diet (GFCFEFSF+) this time will make a world of difference. 

Erin photosmile2.gif  treehugger.gif, DH jammin.gif ,  Mumma to Chase 7/08 superhero.gif and babyf.gif Griff 3/13

MTHFR C677T Homozygous, M/C 2/07 @ 6wks, 12/10 @8wks, 10/11@7wks, 2/12 @4wks.... 

#7 of 27 Old 12-02-2010, 06:19 PM

Wooohoo, now we can get to know each other!

I'm 32, living with my DH and our two kitties. We've been trying for our first child for almost a year now. I'm totally shocked to be here since I thought I was out this month, but so very happy. I had a miscarriage in May so I'm a little bit nervous but I'm trying to stay calm and enjoy every moment. We're gonna try for a home birth.

I'm excited we have a place now to chat and share our experiences. I'm looking forward to hanging out with you all during the next year.

Bookwormommy - I live on the eastside. thumbsup.gif

Teetina
Expecting a little one in August! 
#8 of 27 Old 12-02-2010, 07:41 PM

Hi ladies,
I'm Jen. I'm 30. Hubbie and I are suprised and excited to meet our second baby. Our son is 2 1/2 and full of energy. We still cosleep and he is still nursing. I'm not sure how that will work out.
This early pregnancy tiredness is kicking my butt. I still feel like I'm pmsing. Sore breasts, cranky and clumsy lol. I have my first midwives appointment on the 13th. I think it will feel more real then.
Looking foward to getting to know you all
smile.gif
#9 of 27 Old 12-02-2010, 08:05 PM

So happy to be here, too!  This is my 4th pregnancy, a very much planned, calculated, and wanted pregnancy, as they've all been.  Trying not to go into complete panic as I was with our rainbow baby.  Still breastfeeding our 16 month old and hoping to tandem.  We have 1 precious son we lost in childbirth, and very grateful for the 2 beautiful fiesty girls who are with us, keeping me very busy with all their tricks.  Looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

Busy sad happy mum to DD 7, our beloved son lost in childbirth, DD 1.5, and expecting #4 August 2011
#10 of 27 Old 12-02-2010, 08:53 PM

hey i'm cait just got a positive test this morning!! baby's due early aug woohoo. i live up in BC and love it here. we are a young, creative, crafty, outdoorsey family with 3 wild boys 5, 2.5, 1.5. desperatley hoping for that curly haired girl i know is coming.....wishful thinking i know :)  we clothdiaper, breastfeed, eat wholesome, waldorf style toys and celebrations and all that good stuff. looking forward to another beautiful homebirth and looking forward to connecting with all you ladies!

#11 of 27 Old 12-02-2010, 10:21 PM

wave.gif I am Katie, full name Ekatherina, so glad to meet you ladies and congratulations to you all! I am not sure what is my duedate somewhere between july and august but I prefer to join in August since my prev pgs were 42 weeks and I was left alone in the thread lol.gif.....so I prefer to be first one to go! joy.gif

I am 33 and dh is 38 we live on the farm, have our own goats, chicken, geese, ducks and kitten...chicken3.gif.....dh plants everything organic so we can get the best to eat..! we live in lebanon (not US state but that of beirut lol.gif) . I finishing my phD thesis this year, finishing 7th year national conservatory (piano) and also am teaching at the local music school. I am also putting plays and choirs for the village, right now it's a x-mas play. 

we have two the most cutest kids in the world :Oussama (ds) and Petra (dd) and we are homeschooling, non-vax, home-birthing family (the only one in the whole lebanon BTW eyesroll.gif

did your nausea start yet? mine started 2 weeks ago and now is getting really terrible I am not able to keep anything down! but it was the same with all my pgs so I expected it. I like to move with my kids a lot, wandering in the village and making visits but this nausea just making everything impossible sleeping.gif......so sorry for the baby losses many of you had have! really hope everything goes great with you this time! hug2.gif

Katie, farmer's wife belly.gifmom to ds (9y) modifiedartist.gifand dd (6y)dust.gif and ds (3y) jog.gif   we goorganic.jpg    saynovax.gifhomebirth.jpghomeschool.gif 
#12 of 27 Old 12-02-2010, 10:59 PM

Hey ladies, my name is Lucy.....so nice to meet you all smile.gif. I am 34 (today) I live in Portland OR with my 43 y/o DH. I am about 5 weeks prego due aug 1st or 2nd. It is our first baby, miraculously conceived by IUI. I'm still a little shell shocked that it worked. I am a newbie to these forums and am just now realizing how much support is out there!

So looking forward to this journey....cannot wait to meet our little life changer joy.gif

Very excited first time mama to be (due 1-2nd august).....together with nervous first time daddy and love of my life. Computer challenged and still hasn't figured out how to get tickers and smily faces in my signature LOL http://lbdm.lilypie.com/35Oz.png
#13 of 27 Old 12-02-2010, 11:13 PM

Hi, my name is Ashley. I am currently 6w3d. I am excited to meet you all! My EDD is July 26th. DS1 was a week late and DS2 was 10 days late. So, I am preparing for an August arrival. 

I am 25, DH is 32. I am a stay at home crunchy homeschoolin' mama. We are planning on having a home-water-birth with a doula and are currently interviewing midwives. I look forward to getting to know everyone here! 

Oh and Happy Birthday Lucy!

Wifey buddamomimg1.png to DH jammin.gif, Mama chicken3.gif to DS 8, DS 6, DD 1

homeschool.gif   lactivist.gif    h20homebirth.gif    goorganic.jpg

#14 of 27 Old 12-03-2010, 04:42 AM

Hi everyone! I'm so excited we finally have our own thread.

I am 24, DH is 27, we live in Helsinki, Finland and are both finishing our MAs. DH is Finnish and I am American though I have been living here for over 6 years now. This is the first time I have been pregnant after 2 early miscarriages last year and long, irregular cycles. I am excited just to have gotten pregnant and trying not to think about it too much so I won't stress out too much. Probably hanging out here is not the best way to keep it relegated to the back of my mind wink1.gif But I can't resist! Based on my O date my edd is August 2.

Bookwormmommy, you asked what my username means. Well, it's the Latin name for the brown bear (Ursus arctos), which is the bear they have in Finland and the national animal. My name is Ursa, which means bear in Latin. So I sort of combined my name and location. 

Mamalimey, happy birthday!

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#15 of 27 Old 12-03-2010, 05:29 AM

Hi everyone! 

I'm Copper, 30.  DH and I have a DS who will be 3 tomorrow, and are expecting #2 7.30.  DS was born at 42w1d, though, so I'm really thinking this will be an August baby.  Although, I really hope he doesn't stay in for a full 42 weeks again, man that was hard!

We had a beautiful natural hospital birth with DS, and are planning a home birth this time.  I am so so so happy to be planning a hb!

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
#16 of 27 Old 12-03-2010, 07:28 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Hi everyone!! I'm so excited to be here and to read about all of you. 

My name is Darcy and I'm 26 (almost 27) and pregnant with my fourth little bean, due August 16th according to when I ovulated. We shall see, though! I'm married to my DH and have six and four year old boys and a two year old DD. I haven't told anybody yet as I just got my BFP two hours ago...I'm nervous and excited, this was our first cycle trying. I stay at home with our children and my DH owns an insurance agency. Can't wait to get to know you better. 

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#17 of 27 Old 12-03-2010, 07:32 AM

Welcome, ladies!!!  Feel free to post your due dates on the "official" roll call/due date thread!  (Hope that's ok I made one, bookwormommy!)

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1283270/roll-call-and-due-date-roster-august-2011#post_16090015

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#18 of 27 Old 12-03-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post

Danielle, it must have taken some careful planning to get your timing so close!  My DH is also a Marine...are you still in NC?

It did! We only had one chance, and he was home for 7 days in between training and deploying. I couldn't believe it all lined up so well. Yep, we're at CL. You?

#19 of 27 Old 12-03-2010, 01:09 PM

Yup, us too!  smile.gif  And 7 days...wow!!

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#20 of 27 Old 12-03-2010, 01:19 PM

Wow, small world! orngbiggrin.gif

#21 of 27 Old 12-06-2010, 10:29 PM

Hi Everyone!!

I'm Tara, BFP with my second LO. Partner to Alexander and mama to a  sweet five year old little girl. We currently live in Minnesota, but are planning a move back to California in early second trimester if all goes well. I am really excited, so is DP. We haven't told DD yet. We will wait until we are ready to make the announcement. She will definitely spill the beans, lol. Feeling really good so far......

Congratulations Mamas!!!   joy.gif

namaste.gif WAHSM to Ani (7) and Juddah (18mo.)

homebirth.jpggoorganic.jpgintactivist.gifwave.giflactivist.gif

#22 of 27 Old 12-07-2010, 06:38 AM

congratulations and welcome!

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#23 of 27 Old 12-12-2010, 11:15 AM

My name is Tamera and I live in San Diego, CA. We just moved here because my husband got out of the Army. We have a 6 year old son, a 14 month old daughter, and we were shocked to find out we're expecting Baby #3 on August 2. We're both full-time students. I applied for nursing school and I'm going to do a Lactation Consultant program at UCSD to become an IBCLC. My husband is working on getting into medical school. This baby is going to be born right before I start the LC program so I hope the instructors can be flexible. I'm guessing they will be supportive of me pumping ;)

Tamera winner.jpg - wife to Robb, mama to Aidan 1/2004, Evie 9/2009, and Augustus 8/2011

#24 of 27 Old 12-12-2010, 11:24 AM

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I'm Shelly and my husband's name is Trevor.  We live in Raleigh, NC and we're expecting our first.  Trevor is in grad school and I'm an undergrad.  He works for IBM and I'm a supervisor at an art supply store.  I'm hoping for a home birth and plan to sew/knit most of my baby things.  I'm working on socks atm.  :)

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

***4******12***16***20***24*** 28***32***36***40
#25 of 27 Old 12-16-2010, 05:44 PM

HI There

I am expecting my second.  My dd is 25 months old.  Very shy and worried about revealing the news w/ my first pregnancy didn't tell folks till I was 5 1/2 months (thought I was 3 1/2months- bled through first trimester-I thought I had a miscarriage & so did my doctor).  So I figure I will do things the other way around this time.  Also I didn't know about this forum.  It could have helped!  So here I am 4 weeks along already my parents know and I am trying to schedule a prenatal appointment.  Really excited!!!  Hoping for the best!  Just moved to Syracuse NY.  

#26 of 27 Old 12-17-2010, 04:45 AM

My name is Lauren and my husband's name is John.  We live in Hartford, CT and we are expecting our first child on August 22nd.  We are so thrilled to finally be expecting and looking forward to sharing the news with our families on Christmas Day!!  Wishing and praying for the best during these first few months...

Lauren (28) married to DH (28) 11/4/2007.  Expecting our little peanut August 22, 2011!
#27 of 27 Old 12-31-2010, 02:20 PM

Hi everyone! I am due August 7th with our 3rd baby. My son Moses is 3 1/2 and daughter Lucy is 19mo. We were very surprised this time, but are excited to make room in our little home for more love. I am more sick with this pregnancy than I was with either previous one, so I am glad that I am a stay at home mommy and don't have to mess with getting around and going to work (which was horrible when I had morning sickness with my son!).

Anyway, I am hoping to have a homebirth, but midwives are hard to come by here in central Illinois. If anyone has leads, let me know!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page