cravings/aversions - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 322 Old 02-03-2011, 05:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh my goodness crazycatlady, I eat a jimmy dean sausage sandwich every morning. I am also addicted raspberry lemoade by crystal light, cookies and cream ice cream, chicken nachos with jalapenos and tacos.

Suprisingly the smell of chocolate chip cookies baking makes me sick and so does bbq.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#302 of 322 Old 02-04-2011, 04:13 PM

I have been happy that I have actually been craving green stuff and fruit this go around, but yesterday I had to have Oreos, I made Dh stop on the way home. We also got chocolate milk from the milk an this week. I had Oreos and chocolate milk after lunch today while the kids were napping... it was so good!

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

#303 of 322 Old 02-04-2011, 06:46 PM

I want nachos and I have none. gloomy.gif

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#304 of 322 Old 02-04-2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

I want nachos and I have none. gloomy.gif

I'm not sure if that's legal.

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#305 of 322 Old 02-05-2011, 04:33 AM

I wanted nachos and raspberry lime soda. That did not end well for me last night. greensad.gif

Now I want a cinnamon roll, but I am afraid to eat. Blah.

Jen, music nerd mama to two kiddos with one more on the way in August 2011!
#306 of 322 Old 02-05-2011, 05:21 AM

Nacho fixings are a staple in this house!  I eat them most days.

#307 of 322 Old 02-05-2011, 10:30 AM

We are slowly running out of food because we are moving next week. I don't want to go grocery shopping until after we move. We never have enough food for what I want!

treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

#308 of 322 Old 02-05-2011, 11:54 AM

I feel left out of the whole nachos thing.  Nothing about nachos sounds appealing to me at all lol.

Never in my life have I been a soda drinker.  Just never picked up the habit I guess.  But now it tastes SO good!  I keep stealing my boyfriends soda and it's just the best tasting stuff ever.  Everything about this pregnancy is just so different for me.

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#309 of 322 Old 02-05-2011, 05:02 PM

Mmmm... Nachos, wish I would have read this before DH went to the store, he is on his way home now... guess I might have to go back later in the week.

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

#310 of 322 Old 02-05-2011, 05:16 PM

Speaking of nachos.......I want to know how everyone makes theirs.  Mine are usually just chips, cheddar cheese, salsa, and sour cream.  I add scallions and cooked chicken if I have it, but that's about as adventurous as I get.  Nachos sound yummy. 

Right now I want a Caesar salad, grilled chicken fettucine alfredo, roasted broccoli, and tons of garlic bread.  Or Pizza Hut breadsticks.  I'm not going to get any of them tonight.  :-(  Ok, I could go roast some broccoli, but it doesn't sound quite so good all by itself!  I usually am not a big bread eater, but I think I could eat an entire loaf of a crusty artisan loaf right now.  If it was garlic bread or cheesy breadsticks I could eat my weight in them!

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (10) and Nathaniel (9) and Olivia (3).
#311 of 322 Old 02-05-2011, 05:27 PM

Mmmm, breadsticks!! Last week I had papa johns deliver me a whole order of 'em with garlic dip and orange soda.

Nachos for me usually is chips, cheese (vegan daiya cheddar), black olives, and guac. Yum! Despite my nausea I ate a plate of them today.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#312 of 322 Old 02-05-2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jessica* View Post

Speaking of nachos.......I want to know how everyone makes theirs.  Mine are usually just chips, cheddar cheese, salsa, and sour cream.  I add scallions and cooked chicken if I have it, but that's about as adventurous as I get.  Nachos sound yummy. 

Right now I want a Caesar salad, grilled chicken fettucine alfredo, roasted broccoli, and tons of garlic bread.  Or Pizza Hut breadsticks.  I'm not going to get any of them tonight.  :-(  Ok, I could go roast some broccoli, but it doesn't sound quite so good all by itself!  I usually am not a big bread eater, but I think I could eat an entire loaf of a crusty artisan loaf right now.  If it was garlic bread or cheesy breadsticks I could eat my weight in them!

I like them best with taco meat - beef or bison - that I season myself, refried beans, plastic cheese and shredded cheese. On chips :)

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#313 of 322 Old 02-06-2011, 03:50 AM

My nachos are chips, cheese, black beans, guacamole, sour cream, fresh tomatoes, fresh romaine, and jalapenos!  yum!

#314 of 322 Old 02-06-2011, 04:43 AM

I am still struggling with morning sickness, but starting to love salads again.

I want things that are really cold and juicy and fresh and crunchy!!!

The sound of most meat (especially sausage) makes me cringe.

Mexican food is delicious.  Loving nachos too and bean burritos.

Can't get enough frozen fruit, especially frozen cherries.  I eat them every night before bed.

#315 of 322 Old 02-06-2011, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine9 View Post

I am still struggling with morning sickness...

Sigh, me too.  I love fresh pre-cut fruit. Even at the worst of it, some fresh melon and pineapple appealed to me!!

#316 of 322 Old 02-06-2011, 04:59 AM

Yum...melon!!!  Maybe I need some right now.  :)

#317 of 322 Old 02-06-2011, 05:16 AM

DH fixed me up a bowl of strawberries and kiwi last night. Oh, it was so delicious!

Unfortunately my craving today isn't nearly as healthy. I want to go to DD for a chocolate cruller and and an iced caramel swirl coffee!

Jen, music nerd mama to two kiddos with one more on the way in August 2011!
#318 of 322 Old 02-06-2011, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiemomto2 View Post

My nachos are chips, cheese, black beans, guacamole, sour cream, fresh tomatoes, fresh romaine, and jalapenos!  yum!

Ok, these actually sound fairly healthy!  I didn't think to eat refried beans with my nachos, either.  I make huge batches in the crockpot and freeze them, so I always have yummy homemade ones on hand.  The next time a nacho craving strikes I'll make sure to eat them with beans!

I didn't eat enough yesterday, which made me sick.  At 11:30pm Marc went and made me a grilled cheese, cheddar on ww bread with yellow mustard.  It tasted so good that I had another one for breakfast!  If I wasn't afraid of overdoing it with the cheese I would have another for lunch.  lol

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (10) and Nathaniel (9) and Olivia (3).
#319 of 322 Old 02-07-2011, 06:14 AM

I just went to Costco on Saturday and spent way too much money!  I am going to have to go back soon (even though it is 45 minutes away) just for ONE thing.  I purchased a 6 pack box of Garden lites roasted zucchini souffle and it is so good!  And only 140 calories per souffle.  I've been trying to find more ways to get a little more protein and these are a really good source since they have egg whites. 

Has anyone had island way sorbet?  So good, addictive and dare I say cute?  Something about eating sorbet in a fruit shell!

#320 of 322 Old 02-15-2011, 06:15 AM

FRUIT!  Particularly melons and pineapple.  Anything that requires prep it seems.  :)

And orange Tic Tacs!

Lauren (28) married to DH (28) 11/4/2007.  Expecting our little peanut August 22, 2011!
#321 of 322 Old 02-15-2011, 08:43 AM

MMMMMMM, fruit!  Marc brought home a box of fruit last night.  I have three huge bunches of bananas, a pineapple, nectarines, and oranges.  Unfortunately most of it needs to ripen.  I keep stalking the pineapple to see if it is ripe enough to eat.  lol.gif   Breakfast was a bowl of strawberries, raspberries, and sliced bananas with whipped cream.  I had two slices of cheddar, also, because I knew I would be starving if I didn't have more protein than the little bit of whipped cream offered.  Now it's almost lunch time and I'm starving, anyway.  I guess I should have had a snack.  All I want for lunch is a Caesar salad and another bowl of fruit. 

#322 of 322 Old 02-15-2011, 04:55 PM

DH cooked up this vegan italian sausage that he found a recipe for, and the shape of it triggered this insane craving for kielbasa with sauerkraut that my Mom used to make.  I used to pick out just the kielbasa and put it on a kaiser bun with yellow mustard.  OMG.  I had to have it but figured the sausage would taste nothing like it. 

I was wrong.  It was PERFECT!!  I'm still in shock and floating on cloud 9 over here! eat.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page