cravings/aversions - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 322 Old 12-10-2010, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

a new one to add to my coffee and tap water.... cat food.  blech!  I fed my cats this morning and had to hold my breath.

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

***4******12***16***20***24*** 28***32***36***40
#62 of 322 Old 12-10-2010, 05:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Dinner was veggie pizza and blue cheese potato salad.  YUM!  The potato salad was as good as I wanted it to be.

#63 of 322 Old 12-11-2010, 07:32 AM

I want, like, 10 cups of coffee a day. I'm limiting myself to 1/2 a cup or 1 cup, but I crave it throughout the day.

But now I really, really, really want sauerkraut.Either on a kielbasa sandwich or on a hot dog. Or both. Mmmm.

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

#64 of 322 Old 12-11-2010, 08:26 AM

gardein nuggets on a bagel dipped in ketchup is amazing!!! I'm at work and had to inhale my odd sandwich on the sly. I felt silly.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#65 of 322 Old 12-11-2010, 01:44 PM

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Kielbasa sandwich... now THAT sounds good.

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

***4******12***16***20***24*** 28***32***36***40
#66 of 322 Old 12-11-2010, 11:43 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

For me, the most consistent craving is red meat.  mmmmmmmm, it's 2:41am and I could SO eat a hamburger.

aversions?  alcohol...ew!  I went out tonight and was around people drinking it, and...ew!  Oh, and something in the lamb/collard greens dish we ordered was NOT going to go down.

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#67 of 322 Old 12-12-2010, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

For me, the most consistent craving is red meat.  mmmmmmmm, it's 2:41am and I could SO eat a hamburger.

aversions?  alcohol...ew!  I went out tonight and was around people drinking it, and...ew!  Oh, and something in the lamb/collard greens dish we ordered was NOT going to go down.

Is it wrong for me to be so totally thrilled that you're feeling so crummy?  I love you love.gif  (And good for you for trying to eat collards while pregs...very good for the babies orngbiggrin.gif)

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#68 of 322 Old 12-12-2010, 11:17 AM

Lately I've been waffling from "oh my god I want to eat everything there is NEVER enough food in the house!!" to "everything smells horrible and nothing sounds good and i think i'll throw up if I put anything other than water into me".

Today is thankfully one of the former days, and I ate two spicy cabbage/carrot/mango/cashew/tamarind thai 'cones' (they're in a spiced flax seed cone) from the farmers market. Then I ate a bavarian pretzel and now I'm thinking of a big glass of raw milk and probably some cheese with bread and an apple.

I find that I can eat easier in the morning, but around 4-6pm I get so queasy and everything starts to smell awful. So I guess I'm having afternoon sickness!

#69 of 322 Old 12-12-2010, 12:42 PM

Today I decided I needed A1 and am putting it on everything.  LOL.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#70 of 322 Old 12-12-2010, 03:29 PM

I think I'm also having on days and off days.  Today I woke up nauseous and have pretty much been trying to fight it off all day by eating small amounts.  But it's not really working.  I so don't feel hungry right now, but I'm thinking I might have to make some wontons and see if that helps.  Meat usually = good.

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#71 of 322 Old 12-13-2010, 05:07 PM

Okay, now and then I do want an entire cow. I, too, have a lot of red meat cravings. I've exhausted my steak supply in the last week. But, that's okay, because it looks like the all day nausea has made it's appearance. Nothing really sounds good to me right now except sauerkraut and lemonade.

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

#72 of 322 Old 12-13-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMike View Post

Okay, now and then I do want an entire cow. I, too, have a lot of red meat cravings. I've exhausted my steak supply in the last week. But, that's okay, because it looks like the all day nausea has made it's appearance. Nothing really sounds good to me right now except sauerkraut and lemonade.

ugh, sorry!  I mean, I know it's a really great sign, right?  But sorry.  I had acupuncture today, so hopefully that will help with the nausea.  She left in some tiny bandaid needles that are supposed to help.  My sister said they helped her. 

Remembering our 3 losses

#73 of 322 Old 12-13-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMike View Post

ugh, sorry!  I mean, I know it's a really great sign, right?  But sorry.  I had acupuncture today, so hopefully that will help with the nausea.  She left in some tiny bandaid needles that are supposed to help.  My sister said they helped her. 

I have thought about acupuncture. Right now I am loading up on acidil and papaya enzymes. And freezing cold lemonade....sour stuff seems to help. It IS a great sign.

#74 of 322 Old 12-13-2010, 09:08 PM

so how early can these aversions/cravings start?  Cause I'm REALLY early and cannot stand some things already.  It's never happened this early to me with my last five pregnancies!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#75 of 322 Old 12-14-2010, 05:19 AM

Jilly!  Hi!

I was craving protein before I tested, like 12 dpo.  Of course, I didn't realize I was (or didn't believe I was) but when I looked back it was definitely a protein craving.  

#76 of 322 Old 12-15-2010, 06:53 AM

Jilly, like Baby Cakes, I was also craving protein before I tested. I was insisting on hamburgers or steak practically nightly. That is really not like me at all. I do believe my cravings/aversions started before I tested last time as well.

Jen, music nerd mama to two kiddos with one more on the way in August 2011!
#77 of 322 Old 12-15-2010, 09:47 AM
pjs

I really want a tuna fish sandwich with onions and chips and a piece of chocolate sea salt cake.  Kielbasa sounds good too!

#78 of 322 Old 12-15-2010, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

I'm just craving protein.  Lots of protein.  It was actually one of the first things that made me go, "Hmmm..." last week b/c usually I'm a junk food carb eater, and all of a sudden I was buying tofurkey slices and extra gardein nuggets.  I'm vegan and am going to try hard to stay that way this pg.  I did it last time with just a few blips and was pretty satisfied...but we'll see.  If this protein craving keeps up this hardcore I may have to add eggs in or something.  

Hi Baby_Cakes - I'm Due Date Club crashing (going through IVF right now after 2 miscarriages), so hopefully I will end up joining August or Sept's DDC. Anyways, I'm vegan, and the first time I was pregnant, I craved eggs like CRAZY. What other protein, etc., did you eat for your previous pregnancy to help you stay on track? I'd love some tips!

Staying Zen om.gif for a healthy belly.gifand rainbow1284.gif babies via IVF after 2x angel2.gif

Grateful for my amazingsuperhero.gifDH!
#79 of 322 Old 12-16-2010, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songtothemoon View Post

Quote:

I'm just craving protein.  Lots of protein.  It was actually one of the first things that made me go, "Hmmm..." last week b/c usually I'm a junk food carb eater, and all of a sudden I was buying tofurkey slices and extra gardein nuggets.  I'm vegan and am going to try hard to stay that way this pg.  I did it last time with just a few blips and was pretty satisfied...but we'll see.  If this protein craving keeps up this hardcore I may have to add eggs in or something.  

Hi Baby_Cakes - I'm Due Date Club crashing (going through IVF right now after 2 miscarriages), so hopefully I will end up joining August or Sept's DDC. Anyways, I'm vegan, and the first time I was pregnant, I craved eggs like CRAZY. What other protein, etc., did you eat for your previous pregnancy to help you stay on track? I'd love some tips!

Hi!  Im so sorry for your losses and I hope get to join a DDC really soon! 

I remember eating lots of Boca patties (they really appealed to me then, this time, not so much), beans, peanut butter.  Soymilk.  I would drink a protein smoothie at least once a day just to get a little boost.  

It's odd, but this time none of those things appeal to me.  Could just be the nausea talking right now, though!!

This time, I'm doing more than I'd like to admit of Gardein nuggets, Tofurkey slices, and vegetarian "ham" from the asian food store. I'm also still drinking soymilk, and incorporating beans again.  I aim for 90 g of protein a day and usually come close if not go over.  Special K protein plus cereal is also really good and packs a nice amount of protein for a cereal.

#80 of 322 Old 12-16-2010, 06:43 AM

It seems like I can't repeat meals. I'm not talking leftovers...it's like, if I eat spaghetti one day I'm repulsed by it after that. I'm wondering how long it will last. I'm running out of new recipes!

#81 of 322 Old 12-16-2010, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneyls View Post

It seems like I can't repeat meals. I'm not talking leftovers...it's like, if I eat spaghetti one day I'm repulsed by it after that. I'm wondering how long it will last. I'm running out of new recipes!

I know what you mean! I'll make something, thinking it sounds delicious, and before I am even done eating it, I think it is gross and I never want to eat it ever again. It's kinda annoying!

#82 of 322 Old 12-16-2010, 06:48 PM

Blt's chased with chocolate milk. Ugh, but damn it was so good.

#83 of 322 Old 12-16-2010, 10:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by songtothemoon View Post

Quote:

Hi!  Im so sorry for your losses and I hope get to join a DDC really soon! 

I remember eating lots of Boca patties (they really appealed to me then, this time, not so much), beans, peanut butter.  Soymilk.  I would drink a protein smoothie at least once a day just to get a little boost.  

It's odd, but this time none of those things appeal to me.  Could just be the nausea talking right now, though!!

This time, I'm doing more than I'd like to admit of Gardein nuggets, Tofurkey slices, and vegetarian "ham" from the asian food store. I'm also still drinking soymilk, and incorporating beans again.  I aim for 90 g of protein a day and usually come close if not go over.  Special K protein plus cereal is also really good and packs a nice amount of protein for a cereal.

BabyCakes -- Thank you for the tips! I will keep them in mind, soon, hopefully!

Staying Zen om.gif for a healthy belly.gifand rainbow1284.gif babies via IVF after 2x angel2.gif

Grateful for my amazingsuperhero.gifDH!
#84 of 322 Old 12-17-2010, 04:06 AM

My new weird craving- Honey BBQ chicken fingers from KFC. I think I've eaten there once in the past 4 years, but if I don't get some soon I might cry. Maybe this weekend.

Mama to a 6 year old diva, and new little man July 2011.

#85 of 322 Old 12-17-2010, 04:15 PM

I haven't really been craving things since I never feel like eating anymore, but things that seem tolerable are carby foods, like cheesy creamy pasta, toast with jam, banana muffins. I miss being a foodie!

Teetina
Expecting a little one in August! 
#86 of 322 Old 12-17-2010, 04:56 PM

I HAD to have Mexican food tonight. My DH hates Mexican food, but he was a sweetheart and suffered through it for my sake. I ate 4 soft tacos! Each bite was heaven.

#87 of 322 Old 12-17-2010, 05:03 PM

This morning I had a craving for lemon chicken pasta.  So I made it and ate it for breakfast AND lunch!  lol.gif  I'm also craving steak and sweet potatoes.  The salad I had for dinner was awesome, but that could have been because I added plenty of cheddar cheese and two handfuls of croutons.  I think I'll have it again for breakfast tomorrow.  orngbiggrin.gif

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (7) and Nathaniel (6).  Expecting Olivia in August! 

#88 of 322 Old 12-19-2010, 11:51 AM

Totally just went thru KFC drive thru for potato wedges and dr pepper. redface.gif

#89 of 322 Old 12-20-2010, 11:11 AM

How cliche is this: I've been craving pickles like crazy! I had to send my husband to the store Sat night to get me some! Mmmmmm.....

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
#90 of 322 Old 12-20-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birdie B. View Post

How cliche is this: I've been craving pickles like crazy! I had to send my husband to the store Sat night to get me some! Mmmmmm.....

Yum!  I love pickles on a wasa sesame toast with a slice of muenster cheese.  

I have an intense craving for cheddar popcorn.  The junky bagged kind, not some sort of semi-healthy homemade concoction.  In fact, I've been craving it (and eating it) for the last couple of weeks!  I guess it was a symptom.  :-p   Actually, anything cheesy sounds good right now.  Homemade mac 'n cheese, quesadillas, spinach and artichoke dip, nachos.  Ack!  I need to lose weight, not gain it!

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (7) and Nathaniel (6).  Expecting Olivia in August! 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page