cravings/aversions - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-28-2010, 08:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Salad, I had to have a huge mixed green salad, I ate 3 today alone. Complete with cheese, sunflower seeds and ranch so not super heathy. I am really hoping this craving doesn't last. I craved spinach salads during a good part of DD2's pg, I have never been able to eat another spinach salad since, and she is 4!

Yesterday I had to have fries and ranch, maybe it is a ranch thing. lol.gif

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2010, 08:34 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Same here with the salad...but I like it with oil and vinegar.  I think the vinegar settles my tummy actually.

And I really am loving breaded chicken...like chicken nuggets or chicken patties. Not the battered stuff....only the breaded...the frozen Tyson ones.  :-P  

Loving apple juice, too.  

Looking at leftovers makes me feel sick.  I have to keep switching it up because I can't eat the same thing more than once.  Except dry Cheerios.  Those are my go-to food!

Lauren (28) married to DH (28) 11/4/2007.  Expecting our little peanut August 22, 2011!
Old 12-30-2010, 06:09 PM

Grilled cheese with tomatoes and peach smoothies... and avocados. smile.gif

Moo.

Old 12-30-2010, 06:48 PM

My new obsession is sweet tarts!

Old 12-30-2010, 07:07 PM

I had myself a lovely dinner... steak, fries, cinnamon apple crisp, and strawberry lemonade! Jusssst what I'd been wanting ALL day. I love when that happens.

~Rose

Old 12-30-2010, 07:36 PM

Cheese.  Primarily Tillamook Cheddar.  I love it and want to eat it all the time.  Salads, I make myself eat because they are good for me, but they never sound appealing right now.  The same thing happened when I was pregnant with DD.

Partner  partners.gif(10 years) Mother to Lily hearts.gif (4 years), Jonas babyboy.gif (1.5 years),  1 dog , and 1 cat 

Old 12-30-2010, 08:05 PM

I have been eating a ton of chili the last couple of days.  It's some meat, tons of beans, and I like lots of cheddar cheese on top.  It smelled terrible to me when it was cooking and I'm not actually craving it.  But when I eat it it tastes so yummy and my m/s has been drastically reduced today so yay.

I still want my turkey and cranberry sandwich...but I still have not had the motivation to go and get it lol.

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

Old 12-30-2010, 08:28 PM

I'm starting to crave salad n veggies a bit, which is a good thing because you know what sounds SOOOOOO good right now? A big juicy steak, covered in chocolate sauce instead of steak sauce! OMG i can't stop thinking about it! I would be cooking one right now if we weren't stretched too thin to buy red meat for the next couple weeks. mmmm....

Affordable organics delivered from GREEN POLKADOT BOX

Wife to jammin.gif Beast 

Mama to guitar.gif Crash (14) and hippie.gifSpritely (12)

Old 12-31-2010, 02:40 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommel View Post

Grilled cheese with tomatoes and avocados. smile.gif

ohhhhhhh. omg. Thank you for this idea!!!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 12-31-2010, 07:19 AM

I cried over peanut butter today. I felt shaky and knew I needed to eat protein, but couldn't figure out what. Then I spotted an apple on the counter and it hit me: APPLE WITH PEANUT BUTTER, PERFECT!!! Angels sang and I swear a light came down from the ceiling. I cut up the apple and then opened the cupboards to discover: no peanut butter. Where's the crawl under the bed smiley?

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 12-31-2010, 07:30 AM

I have suddenly been craving beef, which I don't ususally eat. I HAD to have a rare roast beef sandwich yesterday for lunch which was yummy, and I bought good ground beef and stuff to make hamburgers. Meditated on those hamburgers ALL DAY. took one bite and wanted to gag.

FInally eating salad again. I realize raw vegetables sound fine, but cooked ones sound gross, except for potatoes, and I am a real veggie lover typically in all forms.

I used to do a fresh veg juice every morning before ttc with kale, beets, and loads of goodies, but in both pregs now, that sounds disgusting!!

::: Just another WAHM using this forum to put off picking up toys and cleaning my house.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I agre with the poster about leftovers. I live off of leftovers, I only cook dinner maybe every 2-3 days and then we eat until all of that food is gone. It isn't working out so well now. It hasn't been a huge issue other then all the food stacked up in my fridge that I am going to have to toss because of winter break. Regular life resumes on Monday though and I am not home every night in enough time to cook dinner, hence the real reason I don't cook every day. 

I did manage to choke down some posole for breakfast this morning but it isn't happening again. What really sounds good is Nacho Cheese Chicken Chalupas from Taco Bell, man I haven't had those in years.....

Hugs to Tear78 about the PB. 

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:57 AM

I do the same thing- I cook two days in a row, then we use those meals to make lunches and then one night of leftovers for dinner, then two more meals, etc.

Of course, sometimes it backfires and I just CANNOT EAT CHICKEN SALAD SANDWICHES AGAIN, and we end up getting Chili's for dinner... =P

I made French toast this morning. It smelled wonderful while I was making it and then I took one bite and didn't want it anymore. Boo.

~Rose

Old 12-31-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony View Post

biglaugh.gif Thanks. It sounds so silly now, but I really was devastated. orngtongue.gif

RoseRed, isn't that really the pits when you look so forward to eating and then you sit down and can't do it? humph!!! hug2.gif ps - mmmmm, french toast...

ps - speaking of aversions: I can NOT smell beer breath right now. I threw DH out of the room to brush his teeth last night. It was him or me. lol....poor guy. Did I mention I'm at a New Year's party? peeeeyu! Stinky breath all around...

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 12-31-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony View Post

biglaugh.gif Thanks. It sounds so silly now, but I really was devastated. orngtongue.gif

Not silly at all.  Food is no joking matter to a pregnant woman!

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

Old 01-01-2011, 08:09 AM

Blueberry Toaster Strudels make all of my dreams come true! I hadn't eaten one since I was pregnant with dd 7+ years ago. They are magic again.

Jen, music nerd mama to two kiddos with one more on the way in August 2011!
Old 01-01-2011, 09:04 AM

All I can think about is that bakery cake with the custard filling and the strawberries and bananas.  With whipped cream icing.  OMG there is very little hope that I"ll stay vegan this pregnancy, with all these cravings.  Though I'm not sure what nutritional void I'd be filling with cake.  lol.gif

Tear -  thanks for the apple/pb idea!  I hope you eventually got some!  I had that last night!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 01-02-2011, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

All I can think about is that bakery cake with the custard filling and the strawberries and bananas.  With whipped cream icing.  OMG there is very little hope that I"ll stay vegan this pregnancy, with all these cravings.  Though I'm not sure what nutritional void I'd be filling with cake.  lol.gif

Tear -  thanks for the apple/pb idea!  I hope you eventually got some!  I had that last night!

lol....ahh, but there's more than just a nutritional void. So much more. upsidedown.gif

btw, I woke up this morning back home from Germany and had a really yummy apple with globs of peanut butter. joy.giflol.gif

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 01-02-2011, 03:33 PM

Been having trouble eating AT ALL today, then all of a sudden it hit me.  I must have canned peaches!!  I sent DH food shopping for a few cans!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 01-02-2011, 03:57 PM

Pizza yesterday went very badly.

But today I finally got my turkey/cranberry sandwich and it was heaven.

I also have a new weakness for capri-sun pouches.  I never buy them for Zayla, but I have secretly been buying them just for me and they taste so awesome.  :)

Old 01-02-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:

Been having trouble eating AT ALL today, then all of a sudden it hit me.  I must have canned peaches!!  I sent DH food shopping for a few cans!!

lol, so glad you understand. My hubby asked me this morning if I needed him to buy eggs today when he went grocery shopping, or if I could wait for a few days until he went to the market. I looked at him and thought, "if only I could guarantee an answer, one way or another."

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 01-02-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:

Yum!! I had the same idea earlier this week!! They were delicious!!

Lauren (28) married to DH (28) 11/4/2007.  Expecting our little peanut August 22, 2011!
Old 01-03-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

lol, so glad you understand. My hubby asked me this morning if I needed him to buy eggs today when he went grocery shopping, or if I could wait for a few days until he went to the market. I looked at him and thought, "if only I could guarantee an answer, one way or another."

I know exactly what you mean!! I sent DH out for Mexican food the other day and by the time he got back I was asleep and totally not into it at all. I feel so bad that I've stopped sending him on food runs for me altogether. It's just terribly disappointing to both of us, and he has been so good so far with my mood swings, so I really don't want to push it.

Moo.

Old 01-06-2011, 03:57 PM

I got an edible arrangement for my birthday yesterday and it is the best thing I have eaten ever!  lol  So apparently fruit and chocolate are cravings of mine that I wasn't even aware of until now.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post

I got an edible arrangement for my birthday yesterday and it is the best thing I have eaten ever!  lol  So apparently fruit and chocolate are cravings of mine that I wasn't even aware of until now.

Yesterday was your birthday?  Aww, happy birthday!  

I would LOVE an edible arrangement.  Maybe I'll order one for myself, lol!  The fruit on those is always so fresh!!

AFM - The pickle cravings this time are so cliche but I swear.  I ate a whole jar of claussen dill pickle spears within 2 days!! OMG they just really hit the spot!! 

I work tmw and I'm already DYING for the portabello mushroom sandwich with roasted red peppers, balsamic dressing, and sundried tomatoes that I get from the deli down the block.  And a brownie sundae from the ice cream shoppe next door (which I shouldn't even be thinking about)!!!

Old 01-06-2011, 08:35 PM

For most of this, all I've wanted to eat was nachos - chips, seasoned ground beef, refried beans, shredded cheese, plastic cheese.. Mmmm.. Sometimes it's also good to put all of that in a burrito as well.

For a bit there it also included sour cream. I cried when my fiance didn't want to go to the store to buy it for me, so he went. It was heaven.

I'm currently in love with boiled eggs. I had one this morning before I ate anything else and I didn't have a sugar crash until 11 hrs later.. so I ate another one and I'm good again! Yay!

I'm having trouble eating at home. I made this amazing thick sauce with ground bison and tomato sauce and I could not eat it. I can eat salad out, but not in. I'm trying very hard to eat reasonably, but gah. All I want is restaurant biscuits and gravy and nachos!!

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

Old 01-07-2011, 06:26 PM

All day I was looking fwd to homemade pizza for dinner, amd now that it's in front of me I can't eat it. Huge, sucky, giant bummer.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:41 PM

This is so ridiculous! I can't eat ANYTHING. Anything that sounds good, by the time I get it, I don't want it and trying to eat it makes me gag. I NEED FOOD. I can't even eat RICE for crying out loud. Possibly the most innocuous food on the planet. WTF.

~Rose

Old 01-09-2011, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseRedHoofbeats View Post

This is so ridiculous! I can't eat ANYTHING. Anything that sounds good, by the time I get it, I don't want it and trying to eat it makes me gag. I NEED FOOD. I can't even eat RICE for crying out loud. Possibly the most innocuous food on the planet. WTF.

~Rose

grouphug.gif

Not cool!!  I hope you find SOMETHING to eat.  Even if it's the most unhealthy whatever in the world!  It's so frustrating not being able to eat anything, I so, so feel your pain!! 

AFM - All I wanted yesterday was chips and guacamole.  But I was at work and the only place that has guac and chips is the pub down the street -- but it's a whole thing of nachos.  So, I go, and i'm a big pain, I know.  I order the nachos with no meat, no cheese, no sour cream, just salsa, guac, jalepenos, and olives.  I wait.  I pay the lousy $9.  It comes and I'm SO excited!!  I open it up to check it and my guac is missing so I ask, "Oh, can I get guacamole?" and the guy says, "Oh, we are out of guacamole today."

WAAAAAT???

You could have told me that before I PAID $9 FOR CHIPS AND SALSA!!  

So I get back to work and realize they also tossed raw onion all over the top, and I don't eat onions.  Did I ask for onions??  NO.  Ugh it was the most ridiculous disappointing and emotionally hurtful lunch of my life.  

Old 01-09-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:

Not cool!!  I hope you find SOMETHING to eat.  Even if it's the most unhealthy whatever in the world!  It's so frustrating not being able to eat anything, I so, so feel your pain!! 

AFM - All I wanted yesterday was chips and guacamole.  But I was at work and the only place that has guac and chips is the pub down the street -- but it's a whole thing of nachos.  So, I go, and i'm a big pain, I know.  I order the nachos with no meat, no cheese, no sour cream, just salsa, guac, jalepenos, and olives.  I wait.  I pay the lousy $9.  It comes and I'm SO excited!!  I open it up to check it and my guac is missing so I ask, "Oh, can I get guacamole?" and the guy says, "Oh, we are out of guacamole today."

WAAAAAT???

You could have told me that before I PAID $9 FOR CHIPS AND SALSA!!  

So I get back to work and realize they also tossed raw onion all over the top, and I don't eat onions.  Did I ask for onions??  NO.  Ugh it was the most ridiculous disappointing and emotionally hurtful lunch of my life.  

hug.gif ugh! What a frustrating experience! If it helps, I now must have chips and guacamole. Wanne come over? winky.gif

Remembering our 3 losses

User Tag List