Forum Jump: 

#301 of 323 Old 04-26-2011, 02:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redroxy2911 View Post

Hi! My name is Kerrin and I'm due with my first--A GIRL!--on August 1st! I'm planning a home waterbirth with my midwives and family. I've always wanted a homebirth and now I'm hoping and praying that I can live that dream! My pregnancy came as a very unexpected, but welcome surprise. Nonetheless, I will be a single mommy. I have an amazing family and support system, so I do not have many worries on that front. I am trying to keep a positive and relaxed attitude during this pregnancy and enjoy every moment! I'll be starting my HypnoBabies classes in May, and am really looking forward to them. I'm hoping they'll prepare me somewhat for what's about to come in a few months! I'm so happy to be here and am looking forward to meeting lots of other mommies-to-be due around the same time! 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#302 of 323 Old 04-26-2011, 06:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Name: (whatever you would like to be called or like us to know)- Kaila

* EDD:8-20 but asking to be induced on 8-13

* How long it took to you to get your BFP: wasnt trying lol.. i was exactly 1 month and 1 day when i found out i was preg though

* What number child is this for you: 5th pregnancy.. 4th live baby.. in 4 yrs.. 

* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): husband-rich (30 yrs old).. kids- Analiese-4, MaKenzie-3, Zachary-1, angel baby i lost in aug.. and this one (he has no name yet lol)

* Birth plans/preferences: i choose a non medical induction with epi. :)

* Anything else you'd like to share:i am adopted.. i am alaskan stuck in virginia... i homeschool... i circumsize..i use CIO with my kids and it works... if u wanna know me thats fine but dont bother judging me. :)

#303 of 323 Old 04-27-2011, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

For those new members, here is a useful link...should help with an introduction to Mothering.com and what it's all about!

http://www.mothering.com/community/wiki/pleased-to-meet-you-forum-guidelines

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#304 of 323 Old 04-27-2011, 04:43 PM

Hi Mamas,

I'm new here and really looking forward to getting to know you all!

* Name: (whatever you would like to be called or like us to know) Kirstin
* EDD: August 19

* How long it took to you to get your BFP: 5 cycles
* What number child is this for you: Second. I have a beautiful 2 year old little girl.
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Husband, we will have been married 4 years this August 18th (he's hoping that baby isn't born on our anniversary!)

* Birth plans/preferences: Homebirth

* Anything else you'd like to share: We are sticking with Team Green! This baby is my 3 pregnancy as my second pregnancy was a molar pregnancy.  It has been a wait to try again but we are thrilled to be expecting!

Kirstin belly.gif, wife to wonderful husbanddh_malesling.GIF (married 08/18/07), and mom to DDdust.gif(04/18/09), angel.gif CMP (12/16/09) and expecting stork-suprise.gif Mid August 2011.
#305 of 323 Old 04-27-2011, 05:17 PM

Welcome to the best Due Date club ever! If you want to join in on the birthing bead exchange, (to make a necklace) Hop on over to the "birthing bead" thread, and send egmaranian your address with a PM...when we have a total head count, we will each buy a bead for each person, mail them to me along with a postage paid padded envelope and I'll distribute all the beads to everyone! Hoping you'll join in the fun!

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

#306 of 323 Old 05-06-2011, 09:38 AM

Hello! I am new to this, but am looking forward to getting to know other mamas who are due around the same time as me!

* Name: Jenny

* How long it took to you to get your BFP: 1 cycle of actual trying at the correct time of month. We weren't preventing for about 3 cycles before that.
* What number child is this for you: First and Second! Twin girls!
* Family: My wonderful husband, Brett. We will be married 2 years on May 16th.

* Birth plans/preferences: I had always thought I would have a homebirth, but there isn't anyone in this area who will go along with that for twins. Current plan is to stay at home for as long as possible, then go to the hospital, which is a 3 minute drive from our house. I hope to have a natural birth.

* Anything else you'd like to share: I'm excited to be a mama to twins! I will admit that I had always pictured having one at a time, but the idea of twins has started to grow on me (literally). babyf.gifbabyf.gif

Jenny - First time mama, expecting babyf.gifbabyf.gifgirls in August!
My baby blog: http://thebabymakesfour.blogspot.com
#307 of 323 Old 05-06-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajgos View Post

Hello! I am new to this, but am looking forward to getting to know other mamas who are due around the same time as me!

* How long it took to you to get your BFP: 1 cycle of actual trying at the correct time of month. We weren't preventing for about 3 cycles before that.

* Birth plans/preferences: I had always thought I would have a homebirth, but there isn't anyone in this area who will go along with that for twins. Current plan is to stay at home for as long as possible, then go to the hospital, which is a 3 minute drive from our house. I hope to have a natural birth.

* Anything else you'd like to share: I'm excited to be a mama to twins! I will admit that I had always pictured having one at a time, but the idea of twins has started to grow on me (literally). babyf.gifbabyf.gif

I was a nanny for two years old twin girls one summer - so much FUN! Congratulations and welcome :)

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#308 of 323 Old 05-06-2011, 10:47 AM

Hi I'm also new here!

*Name: Bethany

*Due Date: Aug. 18th.

*Expecting our 2nd girl!

*Family: My husband Wilson and my daughter Sara Beth 2yrs.

*Birth plans/preferences: will have a hospital birth...probably will be rushing there since the labor with my first was pretty fast

*So excited to be a mommy to another little girl.  I absolutely cannot wait to hold her and kiss her! 

#309 of 323 Old 05-06-2011, 01:14 PM

A warm welcome to everybody new!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajgos View Post

Jenny, a specially warm welcome to you, just because I am excited to see someone else in the group due with twins, three days after me!  (Also, our conception - 1st try to really nail the time, after two or three months of no prevention; length of marriage; inability to avoid a hospital birth, but desire to minimize the time there and keep it as natural and calm as we can; and starting the family with a bang are very similar.)  I hope all's going well for you!  

Julie, wife to my dearest friend reading.gif reading.gif since August 2009.  Mama to babyboy.gif Oliver & Lydia babygirl.gif, born August 2011.  Enjoying: slingtwin.gif and femalesling.GIFdh_malesling.GIFnursex2.gif 2twins.gifcd.gif, and looking forward to making baby food carrot.gif, and continuing to watch my wee ones grow  babyf.gifbabyf.gif.  

#310 of 323 Old 05-06-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imprint View Post

A warm welcome to everybody new!  

Jenny, a specially warm welcome to you, just because I am excited to see someone else in the group due with twins, three days after me!  (Also, our conception - 1st try to really nail the time, after two or three months of no prevention; length of marriage; inability to avoid a hospital birth, but desire to minimize the time there and keep it as natural and calm as we can; and starting the family with a bang are very similar.)  I hope all's going well for you!  

Julie, how exciting that we are due only three days apart! You are having a boy and a girl? It does sound like we have a lot in common. I am also very exciting about being a first time mama to twins and just watching the amazing connection that they will have as they grow. The things that I've always been excited about doing with my first baby (breastfeeding, babywearing, cloth diapering/ECing), I am hoping I will still get to do with twins, at least a little bit!

Are you nervous about the birth? I am trying not to be, but there is some worry there. The hospital that I am planning to deliver at has a requirement that with twins, delivery is done in the operating room. I get tense in hospitals in general, so I am worried that the switch to the operating room will freak me out. If all is going well, we may be able to avoid it. I do feel lucky that we live in a fairly progressive area, and as long as my husband and I are able to stand up for what we want, I feel confident that it will be respected.

Jenny - First time mama, expecting babyf.gifbabyf.gifgirls in August!
My baby blog: http://thebabymakesfour.blogspot.com
#311 of 323 Old 05-06-2011, 02:52 PM

Yes - one of each!  love.gif   And congratulations - we have twin nieces, and they're marvelous fun - though twins seem exciting, in any pairing!  I really am happy that we not only get both of them, but our twins will have each other from the very beginning.

You're right we may have to adjust our desires in some ways, but I really feel like we shouldn't have to give up any of those longed-for approaches to their care, just because there are two.  (Except, in my case: I thought I would co-sleep with one baby, but there are several logistical considerations that makes sleeping the two in one crib, near our bed, seem the best option to me.)  With diapering, I might start with a diaper service, and then get inexpensive pre-folds, trying to buy enough not to do laundry every day.  wink1.gif   Milk production issues might mean harder work, or needing to see if I could get donated breast milk, and certainly I can understand someone not being able to produce enough and supplementing in other ways; though I am hopeful my female family members' overproduction for single babies means I won't struggle with feeding two.  Since my husband is happy to wear a baby, we can definitely do that, often, even if I should find wearing two at once hard.  I've heard wearing one while holding one is also a good option.... and I'm certainly up for trying both at once!

Sadly, the move from labor room to O.R. in all twin deliveries is the policy at my hospital, too.  I am afraid that, though I am used to hospitals, the move from a quiet room where I can control the lighting and bring things that make it feel more intimate and personal, to a different, bright, highly medical room stuffed with people is just going to be stressful.  And public.  Very public.  I am trying to think my way through that so I am able to be calmer, when the time comes.  I asked, not my doctor, but someone at the hospital, familiar with their practice, who said it was unavoidable, there.  (May you have better luck!)  I'll check with my doctor, too, but admit I cried about that, in a way I didn't about merely being in a hospital, and denied some of their low-risk alternatives.

I am a little nervous - with two babies, no experience, and a strong desire to avoid so much that's 'routine'. We've hired a doula, whose experience and familiarity with birth make me feel much more at ease, vs. having only my sweet, lovely, completely inexperienced husband, who might panic, if we're alone!   scared.gif    As the presence of a woman with good experience in birth is said to correlate with less pain perception, less stress, shorter labor, and fewer interventions, I figured, though it guarantees nothing, it's one asset I really want in trying to make the birth as natural, healthy, and uncomplicated, as I can.  smile.gif   It'll also reassure me, so I feel able to stay home, longer.  (She'll come, here, first.)  And I am busily stocking up on labor aids and comforting things for use at home and at the hospital, trying to be ready early, and as prepared as I can be as far as general knowledge and things I can do to help labor or ease its pains.  Knowing, not what it will be like, but ways I can respond, makes me feel very much more peaceful and happier.  But that's definitely an effort to manage my anxiety!

Julie, wife to my dearest friend reading.gif reading.gif since August 2009.  Mama to babyboy.gif Oliver & Lydia babygirl.gif, born August 2011.  Enjoying: slingtwin.gif and femalesling.GIFdh_malesling.GIFnursex2.gif 2twins.gifcd.gif, and looking forward to making baby food carrot.gif, and continuing to watch my wee ones grow  babyf.gifbabyf.gif.  

#312 of 323 Old 06-06-2011, 03:27 PM

* Name:  Rach
* EDD: 7.31

* How long it took to you to get your BFP: about 6 cycles after a m/c
* What number child is this for you: 3
* Birth plans/preferences: Home water birth.

* Anything else you'd like to share: Baby #2 was a VBAC that was born at 40 weeks 4 days, so I wouldn't be surprised to see an August birth day with this little one.

We've chosen not to find out the sex so it will be a surprise at birth. stork-suprise.gif

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#313 of 323 Old 06-07-2011, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome, Rach!  I added you to the list.

Wow, our DDC seems HUGE!  :)

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#314 of 323 Old 06-07-2011, 01:17 PM

Put me down for August 11, please!

Navy wife to my stillheart.gif since 2005, Mommy to dd L hearts.gif since 2009 and ds R babyboy.gif arrived via water birth 8/6/2011

#315 of 323 Old 06-07-2011, 01:30 PM

Hi! 

I don't know if I ever posted on this thread or not... But my name is Cortney and my husband and I are expecting our first baby (they tell us its a girl) Two days after our 1 year wedding anniversary, August 23rd!  good thing we had two "weddings" ;-)

First time mama!  belly.gif
#316 of 323 Old 06-09-2011, 08:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

* Name: Skye

* EDD: Aug 26

* How long it took to you to get your BFP: Unexpected!!
* What number child is this for you: First joy.gif
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Married to a wondeful man.
* Birth plans/preferences: Home birth. Was planning on an unassisted birth, but DH would rather I have a midwife. So I compromised. 
* Anything else you'd like to share:  I have a strong feeling I'm going to be going late with this babe, so I'm probably going to be envying you all when you guys go before me!

-Skye    http://sunnashearth.blogspot.com
Mama to L (08/11)

#317 of 323 Old 07-08-2011, 11:55 AM

* Name: Tiffany
* EDD: 8/17

* How long it took to you to get your BFP: 3 months after the last pregnancy ended in a 19 week miscarriage

* What number child is this for you: 2
* Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): fiance Daryl and 9yr old daughter, Athena

* Birth plans/preferences: Will attempt a natural birth in the hospital (AL is not a natural childbirth friendly state!)

* Anything else you'd like to share: I'm happy to be here!

#318 of 323 Old 07-08-2011, 12:51 PM

Welcome, Tiffany! I think you'll love our little group of wonderful, supportive mamas!

#319 of 323 Old 07-08-2011, 05:17 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Name: (whatever you would like to be called or like us to know)-  Jordan

EDD: 8/28

Location: Another Portland, OR mama, although we'll be relocating to Denver, CO shortly after baby makes his debut

How long it took to you to get your BFP: Baby was a surprise, but we got the BFP on New year's day

What number child is this for you: 2nd baby! DD is 4.5 years old

Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DF Mark (26), DD Clementine (4.5) and Malcolm will be joining us sometime soon(ish). Plus two cats, Wash and Scout.

Birth plans/preferences: Waterbirth! I prefered to labor at home with my daughter and got to the birthing center around 7cm. Not sure how it will go this time. I was a single mama with DD, and I'm very excited to give birth with the partnership of someone I love so much. I think it will be really incredible. That being said, DD's birth was a dream.

Anything else you'd like to share: We're looking forward to keeping our boy intact, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, baby wearing, and breastfeeding. All the things I loved with DD. I'm so excited to join you August mamas!  You seem like such a tight-knit, supportive group.

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
#320 of 323 Old 07-08-2011, 05:23 PM

Welcome Jordan! Welcome.gif

#321 of 323 Old 07-08-2011, 08:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareseatoats View Post

How long it took to you to get your BFP: Baby was a surprise, but we got the BFP on New year's day

I took my test on new years, too! Seen you around a bit, welcome!

-Skye    http://sunnashearth.blogspot.com
Mama to L (08/11)

#322 of 323 Old 07-19-2011, 01:18 PM

Realize this is a little late, but I'm due August 24.

read.gif + REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif =babyf.gif9/2011

#323 of 323 Old 08-13-2011, 07:26 AM

im due on 13/8/11

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page