Weekly Chat Thread 12/3-12/12 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 82 Old 12-03-2010, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I thought I would start a weekly chat thread.  

I am super excited because we have our first appointment with our midwife on Monday!  

Partner  partners.gif(10 years) Mother to Lily hearts.gif (4 years), Jonas babyboy.gif (1.5 years),  1 dog , and 1 cat 

#2 of 82 Old 12-03-2010, 01:12 PM

Great idea, earth mama!  Our first OB appointment isn't till 11 weeks, which is fine with me cos doctors make me nervous! Apparently, he's really lovely, but still...  I'm hoping to have every second appointment with our local GP down the road, save a bit on driving the 40 mins to the OB/hosp.

Busy sad happy mum to DD 7, our beloved son lost in childbirth, DD 1.5, and expecting #4 August 2011
#3 of 82 Old 12-03-2010, 01:24 PM

I need to get my butt to the Dr. so I can get a blood test. I can't make my first appointment till I get a referral, and can't get that till I get the test. I'm putting it off though because I hate needles!! Maybe Monday.

Mama to a 6 year old diva, and new little man July 2011.

#4 of 82 Old 12-03-2010, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

Adore4--doctors make me nervous too.  I feel like I always have to be really on top of things--asking specific questions and such.  I am seeing the same midwife we worked with for DD's prenatal and delivery.  We did a homebirth and really liked it.  I told DP that, barring any complications, all my future babies will be born at home!  

My midwife likes to start seeing her mom's right away, but I know that OBs and hospital based midwife groups often don't see their mom's until 10-12 weeks.  I was just excited and really like my midwife, also since DD is still nursing I want to make sure I am eating adequate amounts of food eat.gif

Partner  partners.gif(10 years) Mother to Lily hearts.gif (4 years), Jonas babyboy.gif (1.5 years),  1 dog , and 1 cat 

#5 of 82 Old 12-03-2010, 03:33 PM

Danielle, I still haven't gone in to my PCM to get the pg test & referral.  (But I've never had to have a blood test--they've always just done urine.)

I'm having a homebirth w/a MW and I already have my appointment with them (called first thing to make sure I'd get a spot!), but I'm also going to do dual care.  I did the same thing w/DD2 and all the appointments were a PITA, but I'm not comfortable showing up somewhere w/no prior care if I have to transfer at any point.  Sure wish this state was more homebirth friendly!  Hey, maybe we'll get the legislation passed before August!

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#6 of 82 Old 12-03-2010, 05:02 PM

I love chat threads, another way to blow my day and not work joy.gif

I made an appt with my OB for 12 weeks, so I will see the NP then, then b/c the appts are monthly, see them at 16 and 20 weeks and then be done with co-care, and move over to my MW.  I am just staying with the OB until the U/S to make sure there's nothing holding us back from a homebirth.

I have one trust issue/reservation about the MW I want to go with, so I have an appt with her next Thursday to chat.  I hope I like what she has to say and I can feel comfortable in her care. 

I feel sometimes like I am loosing symptoms, and its making me nervous.  Beta or no beta, what do you girls think?

Erin photosmile2.gif  treehugger.gif, DH jammin.gif ,  Mumma to Chase 7/08 superhero.gif and babyf.gif Griff 3/13

MTHFR C677T Homozygous, M/C 2/07 @ 6wks, 12/10 @8wks, 10/11@7wks, 2/12 @4wks.... 

#7 of 82 Old 12-03-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post

I'm having a homebirth w/a MW and I already have my appointment with them (called first thing to make sure I'd get a spot!), but I'm also going to do dual care.  I did the same thing w/DD2 and all the appointments were a PITA, but I'm not comfortable showing up somewhere w/no prior care if I have to transfer at any point.  Sure wish this state was more homebirth friendly!  Hey, maybe we'll get the legislation passed before August!

Wow, I could have written this myself! I met my MW last night and we discussed the midwife team. I will end up with 4 midwives if they all make it. One big estrogen fest. Can't wait! This time, though, I am doing my parallel CNM pre-natals sporadically the first 7 months and then stopping. I'll still be in the system should I need a transfer.

::: Just another WAHM using this forum to put off picking up toys and cleaning my house.
#8 of 82 Old 12-03-2010, 06:23 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Yay! A chat thread. :) I'm so excited for this DDC. It's been three years for me since I've been in one! My DH doesn't know I'm pregnant so I need somewhere to talk about all things pregnancy.

My first appointment is at 12 weeks, I wanted to wait longer but oh well. We're using an OB this time as we moved and it's really our only option. Hope you're all enjoying the start of the weekend.

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#9 of 82 Old 12-03-2010, 07:52 PM

I wish I had something set up! I am moving to Wyoming in March and am hoping to do a homebirth, but have no idea how to find a midwife out there where I know no one. I think i may ask around on the tribe boards. I just found out today, and I think I will do some check ups at the health department vs getting a OB and then stoping after 4 months. I dont know, a lot to decide. I guess I should probably tell my husband first ;)

#10 of 82 Old 12-03-2010, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter

Stephaniqua-  Where is Wyoming?  I am fairly certain that midwives for homebirths are not legal in Wyoming.  I do not know the details on this, but live in Northern Colorado and have heard of other mom's having a homebirth with midwives from Colorado--they end up renting a place for the birth in Colorado or use a friend's house.  Legislation may have changed recently in Wy, but just wanted to give you a heads up.  There may also be midwives that you could work with, but then claim to have had an unassisted birth shrug.gif  Good luck!

#11 of 82 Old 12-04-2010, 05:16 AM

Hooray, another way to spend time not working! winky.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownBaby9 View Post

I feel sometimes like I am loosing symptoms, and its making me nervous.  Beta or no beta, what do you girls think?

I know what you mean... Will a beta help you relax? Is the stress of going in for it less than the stress of wanting to know? If so, then I would go for it.

Because DH and I are planning to leave for my parents' place in the US in 12 days I am not making any appointments until we come back in January, assuming I am still pregnant then. It will be just faith and symptom-watching till then for me. Bring on the morning sickness! Seriously, I would be glad to be throwing up every day for the whole first trimester. In a way I'm glad we're getting away because this way I don't have to go in at all if I miscarry, but on the other hand I'm also paranoid that I'll go in at 12 weeks and the baby would have stopped growing at 8 or something. On the other hand, I don't want early ultrasounds so it's probably good that I won't be around to just get them anyway because I am obsessing wink1.gif I guess I am a little nervous about actually going in to the prenatal appointments too. Homebirth midwives don't do prenatal care here so you have to go in to the public maternity clinic like everyone else, and it makes me anxious. I don't like the institutional environment and I'm not looking forward to being pressured to get the nuchal fold test, which I already know I'm going to decline. Not to mention not being able to tell them that I'm planning a homebirth if I want to avoid a condescending lecture. Fortunately DH agreed to go in with me and I know he will support me. But anyway, that's still weeks and weeks in the future so no need to stress about it now! 

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#12 of 82 Old 12-04-2010, 10:18 AM

I'm not feeling pregnant today. Nothing hurts, not even my boobs. I have energy and feel great, and my jeans are buttoning just fine.

#13 of 82 Old 12-04-2010, 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ursusarctos View Post

Hooray, another way to spend time not working! winky.gif

Quote:

I know what you mean... Will a beta help you relax? Is the stress of going in for it less than the stress of wanting to know? If so, then I would go for it.

Because DH and I are planning to leave for my parents' place in the US in 12 days I am not making any appointments until we come back in January, assuming I am still pregnant then. It will be just faith and symptom-watching till then for me. Bring on the morning sickness! Seriously, I would be glad to be throwing up every day for the whole first trimester. In a way I'm glad we're getting away because this way I don't have to go in at all if I miscarry, but on the other hand I'm also paranoid that I'll go in at 12 weeks and the baby would have stopped growing at 8 or something. On the other hand, I don't want early ultrasounds so it's probably good that I won't be around to just get them anyway because I am obsessing wink1.gif I guess I am a little nervous about actually going in to the prenatal appointments too. Homebirth midwives don't do prenatal care here so you have to go in to the public maternity clinic like everyone else, and it makes me anxious. I don't like the institutional environment and I'm not looking forward to being pressured to get the nuchal fold test, which I already know I'm going to decline. Not to mention not being able to tell them that I'm planning a homebirth if I want to avoid a condescending lecture. Fortunately DH agreed to go in with me and I know he will support me. But anyway, that's still weeks and weeks in the future so no need to stress about it now! 

you know probably not, b/c even a heartbeat isn't a guarantee, just better odds.  I can't do anything to help or hurt it one way or another, I should just have faith its going to be ok. 

Man, I though europe was a lot more homebirth friendly.  It is totally annoying to be the black sheep and stick out when you decline things.  But like you said, weeks away from needing to stress about it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danielle283 View Post

I'm not feeling pregnant today. Nothing hurts, not even my boobs. I have energy and feel great, and my jeans are buttoning just fine.

that was me yesterday and thursday and it had me freaking out - but then today my uterus feels huge, I am tired, lightheaded, and was a little vom on the way home from the grocery.  maybe in the next few days it will kick up a notch for you

Erin photosmile2.gif  treehugger.gif, DH jammin.gif ,  Mumma to Chase 7/08 superhero.gif and babyf.gif Griff 3/13

MTHFR C677T Homozygous, M/C 2/07 @ 6wks, 12/10 @8wks, 10/11@7wks, 2/12 @4wks.... 

#14 of 82 Old 12-04-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earth-mama View Post

Stephaniqua-  Where is Wyoming?  I am fairly certain that midwives for homebirths are not legal in Wyoming.  I do not know the details on this, but live in Northern Colorado and have heard of other mom's having a homebirth with midwives from Colorado--they end up renting a place for the birth in Colorado or use a friend's house.  Legislation may have changed recently in Wy, but just wanted to give you a heads up.  There may also be midwives that you could work with, but then claim to have had an unassisted birth shrug.gif  Good luck!

They just passed a new legislation, but they are not taking applications for liscensure until July 2011. Just read up on it last night. A hospital birth wouldn't be terrible, if I dont have to have an IV. I tore mine out last time while pushing, and I would not like to experience that again.

#15 of 82 Old 12-05-2010, 03:28 PM

I'm feeling so bloated and kind of crampy in my abdomen.  I don't remember it starting this early last time.  Not comfortable, but I guess it is reassuring. 

Have you all started telling people yet?  I've only told a couple of my closest friends.  I'd kind of like to keep it quiet a little longer, if my DD doesn't spill the beans. 

#16 of 82 Old 12-05-2010, 04:26 PM

Weird.  I quoted a bunch of things, but my replies disappeared...trying again...

Quote:

I say Beta!  (Although I've already had two since I'm in a fertility program.)  Let us know what you decide, Mama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle283 View Post

How are you feeling today?  Sometimes my symptoms come and go, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwormommy View Post

I'm feeling so bloated and kind of crampy in my abdomen.  I don't remember it starting this early last time.  Not comfortable, but I guess it is reassuring. 

Have you all started telling people yet?  I've only told a couple of my closest friends.  I'd kind of like to keep it quiet a little longer, if my DD doesn't spill the beans. 

We've told parents and siblings, and I've told two close friends.  We're trying to keep it secret for everyone else until mid-January (as long as my bloating doesn't get so bad that I look pregnant.  I sort of do already!).

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#17 of 82 Old 12-05-2010, 04:57 PM

Today I'm feeling good, but just not wanting to eat. Nothing sounds good, so I'm drinking smoothies and eating toast.

I've told all my friends. I don't live near family, so I have to call them all to tell and I'd rather wait till I'm a little farther along so I don't have to make 100 calls if something bad happened. I'll probably tell them on Christmas!

#18 of 82 Old 12-06-2010, 02:42 AM

So the day before yesterday in the evening I had a very sharp twinge in my womb area and then saw a little pink blood when I wiped. I was pretty sure that that was it, because spotting has always equalled either period or miscarriage for me. But yesterday only a tiny bit of brown spotting and today nothing so far. I am really wondering what is going on. I still feel wet-mouthed and queasy and my boobs are still sore... But that spotting really made me wonder and I am not terribly optimistic. Argh, now I am thinking I might just see if I can finagle an u/s before we leave. If it's a missed miscarriage then I won't have to tell anybody (the reactions of others are the worst). Sigh. Anyway, sorry for the bring-down - I hope you all are feeling very pregnant today! smile.gif

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#19 of 82 Old 12-06-2010, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwormommy View Post

Have you all started telling people yet?

I have.  our parents know, and all my girlfriends know, Phil told his 2 BFFs, waiting for callbacks from my closest cousins and then the early birds will know.  I am actually really ok if we have a mc, so telling people it didn't work out wouldn't be as heart breaking as it was the first time.  Everyone else will find out with my new years resolution FB post.  "...to gain 50lbs, and loose it all except for about 8lb 14oz"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurine View Post
I say Beta!  (Although I've already had two since I'm in a fertility program.)  Let us know what you decide, Mama.

I have to call my doc anyway today about my boob, so I may as well ask for the beta. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusarctos View Post

So the day before yesterday in the evening I had a very sharp twinge in my womb area and then saw a little pink blood when I wiped. I was pretty sure that that was it, because spotting has always equalled either period or miscarriage for me. But yesterday only a tiny bit of brown spotting and today nothing so far. I am really wondering what is going on. I still feel wet-mouthed and queasy and my boobs are still sore... But that spotting really made me wonder and I am not terribly optimistic. Argh, now I am thinking I might just see if I can finagle an u/s before we leave. If it's a missed miscarriage then I won't have to tell anybody (the reactions of others are the worst). Sigh. Anyway, sorry for the bring-down - I hope you all are feeling very pregnant today! smile.gif

i have friends that have spotted throughout the first tri and all has been ok.  I hope everything is fine.  maybe get that us if you can before you hop on the plane. 

the only part of my boobs that is sore is the stupid spot I had an ultrasound on last month.  Its REALLY sore from yesterday to today.  I am going to call my doc and just make sure she thinks its normal bc of the pregnancy hormones.

#20 of 82 Old 12-06-2010, 05:15 AM

oh and PS, GO PATRIOTS!!!!!

#21 of 82 Old 12-06-2010, 05:53 AM

Good Morning ladies smile.gif

I'm 6w2d today, and still not feeling sick.  I suppose I should be happy, but I was def sick by this time with DS.  Oh well.  My breasts hurt so badly I wince when something touches them, or even just when I move and don't have a bra on.  By 7pm I feel like  a big bloated, chubby, lame, exhausted slug.  I work nights; I think the next few weeks are going to be very challenging wrt work.

In more fun news!  We put up our Christmas tree last night!  I was in Target yesterday, and I came so close to buying something for the baby!  The sleepers were calling my name, but I resisted!  DH is so giddy about the new baby, it's really cute.  DS is still unsure, he just wants to make sure the baby isn't going to take all his toys ROTFLMAO.gif

GO PATS!

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
#22 of 82 Old 12-06-2010, 06:04 AM - Thread Starter

cooper kettle--I hardly felt sick with DD, but started yesterday or maybe the day before I have been feeling increasingly nauseous.  I'm hoping it doesn't get much worse, but I warned my DP because I think it might and he needs to be prepared winky.gif

Maybe I'm pregnant with a boy and that's why it's different--that would be fun since with already have a sweet (most of the time) girlhearts.gif

#23 of 82 Old 12-06-2010, 06:19 AM

ursusarctos - hug.gif   I have heard some spotting is really normal.  Hopefully there won't be any more to worry you. 

BeantownBaby9 - love your new year's resolution.  very cute!

I've had a hard couple of days.  My DP has started freaking out about having a 2nd child, and thinks she can't handle it, and has been having anxiety attacks about it.  It has made it hard to be excited about the pregnancy, since it's causing her so much distress.  And I'm kind of mad at her for it, which is irrational and counterproductive, but there it is.  I'm trying to not get too stressed myself, because I don't want to bathe my little one in stress hormones. 

#24 of 82 Old 12-06-2010, 06:44 AM

Earthmama, it's good to hear others have had pregnancies with no sickness.  I don't want to walk around worried, what will be will be, kwim?  (I'd be lying if I didn't let myself think "well, maybe this one is a girl..." tee hee!)

Bookwormommy,  I'm sure your DP will come around.  I think it's totally normal to have some freak outs, esp when it's your second and you KNOW what you're in for, haha!  I've had a few of my own, but thankfully we have until late summer to process, right?

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
#25 of 82 Old 12-06-2010, 07:05 AM

Bean-  I may have to steal that FB bit.  I may let my FB friends know about using that phrase.  Its cute!  

Ursus-  How are you today?  Spotting is always scary.  It is my understanding that with all of the increased blood flow.  Not just in your nose and gums but in your cervix also that a small bit of spotting is normal.  As long as it is not bright red or clots and occurs with cramps.  So just try not to stress and if it will make you feel better, get that u/s.  I am going for one next week just to be sure.  Keep us posted.

I got my Christmas tree somewhat up this week end.  It wore me out so I will finish today.  I am feeling OK.  I am still taking the progesterone and I will be glad when its over.  I wonder how long it will be?  I have to go back for more blood today so hopefully I will have an update on that tomorrow.  I am a bit bloated feeling today and I puked this morning.  I think it was the toothpaste.  Yuck...  And I am still pretty hungary.  I am stuck on the hot pretzel with mustard thing.  I am even planning on stopping on my way to the DR. and getting one.  Not just any one.  It has to be from Target because they keep them steamy hot and they are so yummy!

I also have pulled muscle pains in my womb area.  Anyone else have those?  They are almost like the day after a hard workout.  Stretching uterus maybe?

How was everyones weekend and how is Monday starting for you ladies!

dust.gif  sticky babies and good vibes to all!
#26 of 82 Old 12-06-2010, 07:12 AM

Hi everybody! I'm so excited there's a chat thread going - I love having people to talk to since we aren't telling people yet in real life! 

I"m 5 weeks today, approximately. It feels so early that I can't believe it's real yet. I didn't really connect with my daughter until the 2nd trimester, I think because I wanted to keep some distance in case anything happened.  I feel the same way now.  I don't have nausea or food aversions, or too many other pregnancy symptoms, which I'm thankful for. I made it through my last pregnancy without getting sick at all, so I hope I'm lucky again!

I am exhausted, just completely drained.  The breast tenderness comes and goes, but it is making nursing practically unbearable.  I don't know how much longer I can last...:(

I had some light light brown spotting yesterday, but that happened frequently during my last pregnancy, so it doesn't worry me too much.  I just want to be into the second tri already so I can feel some security!

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
#27 of 82 Old 12-06-2010, 08:31 AM

Ursa - I hope you're feeling better, and very pregnant today!

Beantown and Copper - Yes, go PATS!  But I am really excited for the Sox.  I think it will be neat to go to a game with a big pregnant belly.  My SIL went the day before she went into labor! 

BookworkMommy - I am sorry to hear about your stresses with DP.  I am sure she will come around.  DH and I had a big fight at 4 am on Saturday night (he was up drinking with a buddy in the house until 3 am and was keeping me up.  I was pretty pissed.)  I was stressed and he was tipsy and it was not a good scene.  But, time helped, and now we're back to being hunky-dory. 

AFM - I went swimming over the weekend.  It felt amazing!  I've been having sciatica (I know it's early, but I've never had it before so I can only blame the pregnancy) and it's about all I can do.  I loved it and want to go every day now.  If only it weren't so expensive at our community pool...

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#28 of 82 Old 12-06-2010, 09:03 AM

Hi everyone!  I just got a bunch of bfps this morning, thought I'd drop in and start to get to know you ladies! wave.gif

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#29 of 82 Old 12-06-2010, 09:18 AM

Carrie!  wave.gif  Congrats!!!  Glad you are here!  joy.gif

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#30 of 82 Old 12-06-2010, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurine View Post

Beantown and Copper - Yes, go PATS!  But I am really excited for the Sox.  I think it will be neat to go to a game with a big pregnant belly.  My SIL went the day before she went into labor! 

AFM - I went swimming over the weekend.  It felt amazing!  I've been having sciatica (I know it's early, but I've never had it before so I can only blame the pregnancy) and it's about all I can do.  I loved it and want to go every day now.  If only it weren't so expensive at our community pool...

We have a thing about Fenway, our first date, our engagement was almost there, our wedding was slightly sox themed (like in a classy way) we take a pic at Gate A every visit, so to have bump pics from last time,  and have Chase in my belly, was awesome.  He was at the World Series Game 2 in 07 as well, we just didn't know yet! You'll love taking preggo pics at fenway, if you haven't done so already, do the tour for your pics!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Hi everyone!  I just got a bunch of bfps this morning, thought I'd drop in and start to get to know you ladies! wave.gif

CONGRATS MOMMA, GLAD to have you here!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page