Insomnia? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 12-05-2010, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there!  Anyone else with this symptom/problem?  I've never had an issue before, and I am tired enough to go right to sleep at the beginning of the night.  But in the middle of the night, I've been waking up for about an hour or more.  Sometimes I'm hungry, other times it's just my mind racing.  Anyone else get this?

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#2 of 10 Old 12-05-2010, 04:26 PM

Oh my yes! I usually don't have any issues sleeping through the night but I started waking up randomly throughout the night about a week ago. Sometimes I am starving and sometimes I just feel very awake. DW bought me some crackers to try eating when I wake up hungry but haven't tried it yet...

#3 of 10 Old 12-05-2010, 06:58 PM

me too! I usually can go to sleep at 9 and be out for the night, except for the dazed sleep walk 2 ft into DS's room whenever he calls MOOOOOOOMMMMMMAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY - but now, I have a hard time going to sleep, and I woke up the other night for an hour or so too. So completely odd for me.  I hope its not how this whole Pg goes, I really liked sleeping 12 hrs last time!

Erin photosmile2.gif  treehugger.gif, DH jammin.gif ,  Mumma to Chase 7/08 superhero.gif and babyf.gif Griff 3/13

MTHFR C677T Homozygous, M/C 2/07 @ 6wks, 12/10 @8wks, 10/11@7wks, 2/12 @4wks.... 

#4 of 10 Old 12-06-2010, 08:46 AM - Thread Starter

I read in a pregnancy book last night that this happens to us because our bodies start to mirror newborn sleeping rhythms--to prepare us for it.  Um, body?  Isn't this just a wee bit early??

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#5 of 10 Old 12-06-2010, 09:49 AM

Yes, I have it. : (

I had been a good sleeper all of my life until the first pregnancy, and if this hadn't been built into those 9 months I would have been toast. 

::: Just another WAHM using this forum to put off picking up toys and cleaning my house.
#6 of 10 Old 12-06-2010, 11:36 AM

Add me to the list irked.gif.  I've always been a pretty crappy sleeper, but it really kicks up during pregnancy.  I was awake from 2:30am til I had to get up @ 5 this morning.  BOO!  I remember last time taking our dane on a walk a few times at 4am.  I probably had it the first time, too, but I remember I would get up for work @ 8:20 and get there by 9:10 - ahh, those were the days. 

Professional Lurker kewl.gif. Married to my highschool sweetheart, "D" partners.gif. Mom to DS1 "G" (Sept. '04) blahblah.gif  , DS2 "W" (April '08) bouncy.gif , and ???? (August '11) 1sttri.gif
#7 of 10 Old 12-06-2010, 03:28 PM

Strange - I always have horrible insomnia, and since getting pregnant I've been sleeping for 7-8 solid hours.  It might be the progesterone cream I'm using.  I feel for all you night wakers, though, and will probably be joining you again when I stop the cream. 

#8 of 10 Old 12-06-2010, 08:27 PM

I have a slight insomnia problem anyway. It's strange now because I'm ready to fall asleep by 5pm, but then I end up staying awake and then I finally just can't sleep. Like now. I should be sleeping right now.

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

#9 of 10 Old 12-07-2010, 04:16 PM

I've been so tired every day that I want to nap all afternoon. I don't have trouble falling asleep at night, but I keep waking up at 3am and I can't get back to sleep. Or if i do get back to sleep I'll wake up again an hour later. It's frustrating me, and my poor DH, who is subject to all my tossing and turning. I had insomnia last time I was pregnant too. I hope this doesn't last through the whole pregnancy, these are my last nine months of decent sleep for probably a very long time. sleepytime.gif

Teetina
Expecting a little one in August! 
#10 of 10 Old 12-07-2010, 06:48 PM

I'm usually a great sleeper - 8-12 hours per night - but for the last few weeks I've been getting less and less because I just can't sleep! I can never get comfortable, and it keeps my husband up, too. He actually woke up at 5am this morning because I was bothering him so much, and when he left I got some great sleep!! This doesn't bode well for co-sleeping... haha.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page