PAL Mamas Chat - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 130 Old 12-23-2010, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Erica - that is why I have been hesitant to post. winky.gif

Add me to the list of staring at the TP every time. This is my tenth pregnancy. bigeyes.gif Our youngest took 16 months of TTC including six rounds of fertility treatments. Imagine my surprise when I was four days late and those two lines popped up! DH wants to announce tomorrow and I will admit I am slightly concerned. I don't think anyone IRL actually knows how many times we have lost a pregnancy. Thankfully my midwife and her nurse do know my history and did not hesitate when I called to ask for bloodwork. My HCG and progesterone levels are pretty high right now and I have a sono scheduled on Monday. Overall, I am oddly relaxed about the whole thing. fingersx.gif

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#62 of 130 Old 12-23-2010, 05:38 PM

New(ish) here.  We had a loss in August and had several years ago.  I have a good feeling about this one, which feels weird to say but I find myself occasionally obsessing about the past.

I'm glad I'm not alone.  This has been a long journey to get where we are now (we started trying when my 10 year old was 3, but had a break in there after 3 consecutive losses).  My body is far healthier than it was and my symptoms are strong.  I feel pretty good about it.

I am, however, concerned about my progesterone levels.  For complicated reasons it might be a little bit before I can get it tested, and I know with low progesterone time is of the essence.

OK, well, Thanks for the thread.  Again, nice to not feel alone.

-=Johanna=-

-=Johanna=-
  Mom to Marshall (06/00), wife to Brett, welcoming the new little one August 2014! joy.gif
#63 of 130 Old 12-24-2010, 12:28 PM

so i've been in this thread a few days, but just found out my EDD is sept. 2nd (or 3rd, depending on who you ask). i'm just gonna stay in here tho, cuz it's pretty close to august still & i need this PAL thread.

so despite my previous resolve to not tell anyone until we had a heartbeat, i caved & told our parents. have some regrets, my dad & my MIL didn't have the best reaction, but screw it- we're happy & thankful & i'm gonna cherish every day with this baby. besides, i also said i wouldnt hide my belly, & unless i did it would be OBVIOUS, as my body is totally treating this as pregnancy #3 & by the end of the day i can compare my tummy with pictures of DD1 when i was pregnant with her at 5 or 6 months. also cant help the niggling fear that cuz we've told people we're gonna lose this baby.

hope everyone has a merry, sticky christmas.

Mohawk Mamma is wife to viking hardcore hottie husband, mommy to amazing 3 year old daughter & Molly angel.gif(11/24/10), & new baby EDD 8/28/11

#64 of 130 Old 12-24-2010, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

Janie:  I'm sorry for your losses...welcome to the thread!  I will be thinking about you on Monday.  Please keep us updated on your ultrasound results.

Johanna:  I'm sorry for your losses as well, mama.  Welcome to the thread.  I'm happy for you that you feel so confident about this pregnancy.  Feeling healthier can do wonders to improve your physical and mental state of mind. 

Mohawk:  Glad you're sticking around. I totally get feeling more pregnant that you should given how far along you are.  I just can't believe how much my tummy is protruding already.  I haven't been able to button my pants for two weeks already...and I'm only 7w6d!

AFM:  Thanks, everyone, for all the words of encouragement.  I made a decision a couple of days ago to just go with whatever is in the cards for me and this babe.  I've really felt in denial about this pregnancy because DH and I were so resolved to not tell anyone until we were reasonably sure the danger period had passed, but it has begun to feel really, really wrong in my gut.  So we decided to go ahead and tell our immediate family this weekend.  That decision feels good, even if they weren't very supportive about my loss.  I've even posted a few things in the general DDC community!  Baby steps...

I'm really not looking forward to all the holiday festivities this weekend.  I'm not usually a grinch or anything, but it seems like so much work this year.  I want it to be fun and happy for DS, but I really wish I could just sleep through it all. 

I hope everyone has a nice weekend.  I probably won't be on the forums much, but I'll be reading all the posts on my phone.  Happy holidays and lots of stickiness to all!!!

~Erica~ Married to the love of my life ~ Mama to Nickolas jog.gif6/14/09 and Alexander 8/4/11 and Aiden brokenheart.gifgone too soon at 14 weeks~    

fly-by-nursing1.gifselectivevax.gifnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif
#65 of 130 Old 12-25-2010, 06:24 AM

Hi all! I've been reading this thread for the last few days and keep meaning to introduce myself. I'm pregnant with #3, EDD September 1st. #1 is two years old and #2 was a loss at 5 months.

Mohawk - I'm planning to start a PAL thread in September once there are a few more moms over there.

Heading over to the in-laws for Christmas later. Not really looking forward to presents and all that.

goldfish.gif Mischa 9.30.08, ribbonpb.gif Willow 7.4.10 (21 weeks), rainbow1284.gif Nate 8.27.11

#66 of 130 Old 12-25-2010, 12:25 PM

Jessifish, so sorry to read about the loss of your precious Willow greensad.gif

Busy sad happy mum to DD 7, our beloved son lost in childbirth, DD 1.5, and expecting #4 August 2011
#67 of 130 Old 12-26-2010, 08:20 PM

Hi everyone! I hope those of you that celebrate Christmas had a wonderful day! We actually had a great time, i am so tired, it has been a really long weekend. We told DH's parents about the baby. Despite the fact we told them we are not sharing with everyone I know MIL probably told the whole family after we left, she always does. At this point though she knows it is her job to untell and I probably wont go visit again until I know for sure things are OK. I have scheduled an OB appointment and also an initial visit with my home birth midwife. I kept putting it of, but i want to get on the midwifes August list because they only accept a certain number of clients each month. I am nervous now that I have booked appointments, calling to cancel them is the worst. Although contacting the OB is nice because I am far enough along now that if I had bleeding they might let me come in for an ultrasound and it is so much easier when i have already established care. I hate worrying!

Welcome to the new gals, sorry you know PAL, but so happy you are expecting again! I hope you have peaceful pregnancies. Hopefully you will stick around and chat some even after the September thread gets started.

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

#68 of 130 Old 12-26-2010, 09:42 PM

We had a good christmas, we chose a bit more wisely who to spend it with this year, though, friends who have been supportive through our loss and remember our little boy.  They even wrapped a gift for him, some beautiful beeswax candles which we burn so many of in his honour.  That was one of the sweetest things anyone has done for me.  Last year christmas was spent with a larger group of people some of whom I'd never met and we had to deal with those difficult questions like "how many children do you have?"  I spent the whole time fighting back tears.

And of course it helps to be pregnant again over Christmas, we are just so grateful and overjoyed to have a chance to have another child, it helps ease the sadness a bit. I can't wait for my ultrasound in a couple weeks, I've got the referral from the doc, just need to go along there, i think I'll go around 11.5 weeks as its covered by medicare before 12 weeks. 

Busy sad happy mum to DD 7, our beloved son lost in childbirth, DD 1.5, and expecting #4 August 2011
#69 of 130 Old 12-26-2010, 10:39 PM

its makes me feel somewhat comforted to see other PAL moms not-so-much enjoying the holidays, sad that it's this way for us, but makes me feel a bit more "normal". all our family knows we're expecting again, mostly cuz i cant keep my g*d* mouth shut. having moments that i regret telling them, then there were the "ooohh. i wouldn't keep telling people if i were you, you should wait a few months." ARGH!!! pissed me off so bad, but i guess at this stage in the game i should just take the good with the bad & keep treasuring each day without bleeding. funny PAL moment you gals will appreciate: i ate SOOOOOOO much yesterday, seriously seemed like i could not stop putting food in my face, then this morning we were hitting the 50% off sales at walmart & i started freaking out, feeling crampy. turned out i REALLY had to poo, having ate so much yesterday & this morning & it had nowhere to go, LOL. so i felt better after the bathroom & even was able to laugh at myself a bit.

we have an appointment with a new midwife tomoro, and another with a different MW tuesday .the MW i was working with when we were TTC & then lost Molly is choosing to not renew her licensure in January, which means insurance won't pay her, & thats the only way i can have the homebirth i dream of, (plus there's some other issues popped up that don't have me sitting too comfortable with her now either). so we begin the search for a homebirth midwife again. wish us luck!

JessiFish- once the PAL thread's up for september DDC i'll probably hop on over there. looking forward to it!

Mohawk Mamma is wife to viking hardcore hottie husband, mommy to amazing 3 year old daughter & Molly angel.gif(11/24/10), & new baby EDD 8/28/11

#70 of 130 Old 12-27-2010, 12:00 PM

Thank you for this thread, Erica!

I experienced an ectopic pregnancy that ended in emergency laparoscopy just two months ago, so I am super terrified right now (and a bit shocked that we got pregnant again so soon!!). I'm waiting to see when I'll go in for bloodwork, as I just got my BFP on Christmas.

Also, I'll be tracking your symptoms, as your EDD is about three weeks before mine, so according to your post on when you started really feeling your ms symptoms, I should be really feeling it in about a week or so. As it is, I have been feeling ms every morning (and some afternoons), so I have a feeling my hcg levels are going up appropriately. H&H 9mos to all!!

Moo.

#71 of 130 Old 12-27-2010, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Jessifish.  I'm so sorry for the loss of your Willow.  (((Hugs)))  I hope you made it through the holiday without too much yuckiness.

Hi Mommel.  Welcome to the thread.  I'm sorry for your loss.  An ectopic sounds really scary.  I;m glad to hear that your body healed well and you were able to get another BFP so soon.  What a nice Christmas present! smile.gif  My ms and fatigue are still going strong.  I hope you get some relief faster than I am...although the symptoms are a comfort as well.

Sarah2881:  sounds like you had a nice Christmas despite having a gossipy MIL.  That's great that you got your appointments scheduled.  Good luck with scheduling your MW!

Adore4:  I'm glad you had a nice Christmas!  It sounds like you have wonderful and supportive people in your life.  That candles sound just wonderful and what a perfect way to remember your son!  Good luck with your u/s in a couple of weeks.

Mohawk:  Rest assured, you are quite NORMAL, mama!  I can't imagine how anyone could expect any of us to not be affected by our losses through the holidays.  Your poop story is great!  I've done that myself a couple of times redface.gif  I'm sorry you're having to go mw hunting all over again.  What a pain!  I hope you find one you can connect with.  Please let us know how your appointments go.

AFM:  Christmas was about as good as can be expected.  Unexpectedly, I was so focused on giving DS a wonderful holiday experience that I didn't think too much about the fact that there should have been a huge baby kicking the daylights out of me from the inside right now.  My EDD with Aiden was 2/2/11, so I would have been 35wks right now.  I think it helps knowing there's a new life inside me now and I'm trying to focus on that and DS.  We ended up telling our immediate family...my MIL/FIL, my mom and my brother.  I chose not to tell my dad because he's in and out of our life very sporadically and I just didn't want to go there right now.  Of course everyone was thrilled and both moms swore they knew already...whatever.  Now I just need to get through my u/s on Wednesday and I'll feel so much better.  Once I get confirmation that this pregnancy is progressing as it should I'll make an appointment with my homebirth MW.  I don't even want to bother calling her until I see a strong heartbeat this time around. 

~Erica~ Married to the love of my life ~ Mama to Nickolas jog.gif6/14/09 and Alexander 8/4/11 and Aiden brokenheart.gifgone too soon at 14 weeks~    

#72 of 130 Old 12-27-2010, 06:09 PM

Erica.. I didn't realize you were in the 2/11 DDC also. My Landen was due 2/23/11 and i know exactly what you mean about thinking about how you should have a big baby kicking your guts right now. I try not to dwell, and am really excited for this pregnancy. We did end up telling my parents, my best friend, and my aunt and uncle on Christmas Day, and they were all SO excited. We also told my grandmother, who told me to "Take better care of yourself this time", now being 90, she gets a pass. Anyone else would have gotten a kick in the shin for that comment ROTFLMAO.gifAnyway, I have my first appt on Wednesday. SO nervous, I know they will send me for an u/s shortly after, and I'm excited but scared. Trying to stay positive.

erika w/ds geek.gif(10.5), ddhearts.gif(8.5), dss sleepytime.gif(3.5)
Missing angel2.gif9/1/10 @ 15 weeks, and angel.gif2/14/11 @ 13 weeks
#73 of 130 Old 12-27-2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by egmaranian View Post

Janie:  I'm sorry for your losses...welcome to the thread!  I will be thinking about you on Monday.  Please keep us updated on your ultrasound results.

I am happy to report we saw a strong fluttering heartbeat! joy.gif

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#74 of 130 Old 12-27-2010, 07:14 PM

Yay!  Wonderful news!  You must be thrilled!

#75 of 130 Old 12-27-2010, 11:52 PM

appointment with the new potential midwife tonight was a huge success! we have a winner!

we were so sure about the connection with her that i'm calling in the morning to cancel the appointment with the other gal we had set for tomoro afternoon.

filled out the records release form so she can get my chart notes from DD1's labor, etc. & she gave me the confirmation letters i need to get insurance, & all the assistance business taken care of. this lady has had 8 m/c & has 8 children, i really feel like she knows where i'm coming from (so much so that i started crying in her office, that's when i knew she was the one, lol!)

DH & i feel really good about our decision to go with this MW.

1st prenatal appt. wont be til Feb 4th, i'll be 10 weeks, but she is gonna get me an u/s mid january.

tomoro is my "milestone" day of when we lost Molly. i cant believe i'm already nearly 5 weeks, its almost a new year, then just a few weeks & i'll get to see this baby on the u/s!

just now hit me, as i'm typing, how HUGE a thing it really is for/to me that if i wake up tomoro without bleeding i will have passed my mark (not denying that we could suffer loss at anytime, it's just that i was so scared i couldn't even get to this place again. i would have been 9w3d tomoro with Molly. Peace to you, my angel. i feel blessed to be carrying your brother or sister though.)

#76 of 130 Old 12-28-2010, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eakelly5 View Post

Erica.. I didn't realize you were in the 2/11 DDC also. My Landen was due 2/23/11 and i know exactly what you mean about thinking about how you should have a big baby kicking your guts right now. I try not to dwell, and am really excited for this pregnancy. We did end up telling my parents, my best friend, and my aunt and uncle on Christmas Day, and they were all SO excited. We also told my grandmother, who told me to "Take better care of yourself this time", now being 90, she gets a pass. Anyone else would have gotten a kick in the shin for that comment ROTFLMAO.gifAnyway, I have my first appt on Wednesday. SO nervous, I know they will send me for an u/s shortly after, and I'm excited but scared. Trying to stay positive.

I actually never joined the DDC for that pregnancy.  I got really involved on MDC when I was going through my loss.  I wish I would have been able to experience the joy of being in a DDC without it being tainted by loss because ti's a wonderful community too be a part of and I have very few friends IRL.  I'm very happy to be here now, though, and the loss forums were truly a lifesaver at time when I felt alone and desperate to talk to someone who "get's" it.

Your grandmother sounds a lot like mine (88 yrs old).  After I had my loss, she said "Now next time you get pregnant, just don't tell anyone for three months.  Even if you decide to tell other people, I don't want to know."  So, we haven't told her yet.

#77 of 130 Old 12-28-2010, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

Janie:  Congrats on the heartbeat!!!!!!!

Mohawk:  So happy that you found a mw you like.  That must be such a huge relief!  Also, today is your milestone...how is it going so far?

AFM:  I had a horrible day yesterday. After lunch I started feeling really, really sick.  It was so much worse than the ms I usually have.  I ended up going home from work a little early and sleeping for a couple of hours.  While I was sleeping, DH somehow managed to let DS fall asleep for a 4 hour nap starting at 5pm!  Needless to say, despite feeling sick and crappy, I was up with DS until midnight.  I feel horrible again today, just not quite as nauseated.  I can't imagine how I'm going to make it through a full 8 hr day at work.  Ultrasound and prenatal appt with my doc is tomorrow morning.  Wish me luck.

#78 of 130 Old 12-28-2010, 12:18 PM

Oh Erica, what a night!  hug2.gif to you.  I had a few nights like that last week when DD2 had a cough and needed to sleep upright in her pushchair, I pushed her from 130 in the morning for literally hours, while I was ill with the same virus myself!  Us mama's don't get a break when we are ill, do we.  Hope you get better sleep tonight and fingers crossed for your u/s.

#79 of 130 Old 12-28-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamerle View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by egmaranian View Post

Awesome news!!

#80 of 130 Old 12-28-2010, 01:46 PM

Adore4 - I am glad you had a wonderful Christmas and the candles are a beautiful idea, how sweet of your friend. If I had a choice of who I could spend Christmas with it would certainly be with more gentile and understanding people.

Mommel -  I am sorry to hear of your loss. Congratulations on your Christmas blessing though! I will be praying for you, keep us posted!

egmaranian - now that you mention it I did not think once about how PG I should be right now. I do think about it here and there. My Chiropractor has the same due date as my previous PG so there is no escaping it once a month and a visual reminder at that!

eakelly5 - I suppose 90 years old get a pass! My MIl always says stuff like that too, she is only 63, but I do not think I can kick her butt either. She is always saying 'make sure you are taking it easy'... you know what lady, I will take is as easy as anyone else who has a 4yold and a 2yold and a house to run! It is really about the most useless thing she could say! 1 - I really have no control over how easy I get to take it and 2- she is implying that not taking it easy has caused my m/c's when it has nothing to do with anything!

mamamerle Congratulations!!! How many weeks are you now?

Mohawk Mamma  - congratulations on finding a MW! How are you doing today? Is today the milestone day? And about the poo story, it is so funny that I just read that! The same thing just happened to me! I had some cramps last night and this afternoon and just wet to the bathroom and figured out why. Glad I am not the only one! The cramps scared me! Feeling better now.

egmaranian - I am sorry you are not feeling well, I hope you feel better soon and I hope your appointment goes well! I will be thinking about you!

AFM - Just feeling generally icky the past few days. I think the exhaustion from the holiday weekend caught up to me. I went to bed at 8 last night and still do not feel caught up on sleep and am having some intense bouts of nausea mixed in with the all day icky feeling. It is reassuring, and I do not mind much. But it will still be nice to have an ultrasound and see the heartbeat and know I am actually feeling sick for a reason. My U/S is not until the 18th, it feels like forever away! I will be seeing the MW the 21st, so hopefully I will know for sure then that things are going well and I hope I do not have to call an cancel the appointment at the last minute.

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

#81 of 130 Old 12-28-2010, 02:15 PM

Hi Mamas.  I had a loss in July, I think I was about 6 weeks.  I had only known I was pregnant for about a week.  I had felt okay with it, even though I didn't want it to happen obviously.  It was an unexpected pregnancy and I wasn't feeling ready to give up on my time with just me and DD yet.  This time though, this was planned and I would be really devastated if I had another loss.  I just found out my BFF that found out she was pregnant 2 weeks before me had a miscarriage.  She went into the midwife and the baby had no heartbeat.  I am so sad about that and it makes me paranoid for my own pregnancy.  It's kind of weird how you can through a loss but still somehow not expect it to happen.  I just did not see this coming for her. Which makes me wonder if I am reading myself all wrong too.

Jenna in love with my DH Jon, loving our 2.5 year old, Caroline Tulip, and expecting another little one in August!
#82 of 130 Old 12-28-2010, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Jenna:  I'm so sorry for your loss and for your friend's loss.  Welcome to our group.

I had a missed miscarriage that was discovered at our first u/s appointment, so I know what your friend is going through.  I also know how it feels to have an unexpected pregnancy turn into a loss.  At first, I felt so bad all the time thinking I didn't embrace that pregnancy enough and appreciate it for the blessing it was.  I was just so distraught in teh first few weeks over not being "ready" and then, BAM, no heartbeat and it was all taken away from me.  I know better now and I feel grateful and blessed for each day that I get to remain pregnant this time (no matter how awful I'm feeling from the ms). 

BTW: You are the first mama I've seen in the DDC who is geographically relatively close to me.  I'm in Fresno. What part of Sac are you from?

#83 of 130 Old 12-28-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:

We also told my grandmother, who told me to "Take better care of yourself this time", now being 90, she gets a pass. Anyone else would have gotten a kick in the shin for that comment ROTFLMAO.gif

No kidding!! I've already gotten more than one of these comments and it makes me want to punch someone.

As for DH, he is bending over backwards to make sure I don't lift anything and get enough rest... poor thing. He is terrified... probably  more so than me. And despite what he knows, somehow thinks he can prevent a loss by coddling me. In retrospect I think it was too soon for him, but he was the one who insisted we (someone else here put it so well, can't remember who though, sorry!) remain "open to life". 

Erica, so sorry you are having such a rough day from lack of sleep last night. Yucky!! I'm not feeling too sick just yet, though the waves of nausea are definitely getting stronger and increasing in frequency. I looked at the calendar again and think my EDD might be 8/31 instead of 8/29, so I'm only 5 weeks as of tomorrow.

Sarah, thanks! Even though I tested on Christmas, I wasn't sure if I should tell DH that day or not, because I was so nervous he would be too freaked out and I didn't want to ruin his day. As it was, he was excited at first and we told our couple friends when we got to their house for dinner. It was so funny... he was all like, "It's too soon. Let's wait to tell them." and then he spilled the beans when they went out into the garage to find something and I spilled the beans to her in the kitchen. Then afterward we confessed to each other that we had told. LOL

AFM, I am having leg cramps, pulls and twinges, major awkward flatulence (those last two may be related - thank heavens I have my own office where I can close the door! Haha), and I have to pee every hour on the hour, and the nausea is coming along with heartburn. I feel the waves creeping up as I enter the sixth week already. My sister had awful nausea from what I remember, so I think I'm in for it when it hits. I've almost puked a few times already, but not actually thrown up just yet. Also, I have been strangely silly and my brain is super foggy/slow/flakey... I completely forgot an entire (very important) recent conversation with a friend when she brought it up last night, and she was really hurt by my forgetting it, so I had to confess to her that I'm just not myself lately. Hopefully, that made her feel a little better. Oy. And maybe I'm paranoid, but I think my boss knows something is up already. His wife is 7 mos PG with their 4th, so he seems to know a lot about the whole process... I'm going to wait until I hear a heartbeat before I tell, but are any of you mamas working outside the home and if so, when are you telling your boss?

Moo.

#84 of 130 Old 12-28-2010, 03:52 PM

And Mohawk Momma, you are in Oregon too, eh? I'm in Portland. Are you close? If so, we should share resources for baby gear and whatnot!!

Moo.

#85 of 130 Old 12-28-2010, 05:01 PM

today, being my milestone day, has gone real well. feeling good, some nausea so i haven't done so well with my new goal of eating good. for example, as i type i'm eating a huge bowl of my grandma's home-canned greenbeans, lol.

in other news, the boob fairy came last night, i swear they were bigger when i woke up today than when i went to bed last night! being a  push-up loving A cup girl all my life (except when pregnant & nursing DD1) , i am excited for the new additions, but a bit alarmed at how fast they are growing! i actually discovered today while getting dressed that my "daily driver" bra is ripped out in the back, the part that goes around you & hooks. i know i have a bunch of C cup bras from DD1, but gonna have to look for something in between there & where i am now, i think with DD1 that before i got to the C i pretty much lived in my sports bra but thats not all that attractive, so.

#86 of 130 Old 12-28-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommel View Post

AFM, I am having leg cramps, pulls and twinges, major awkward flatulence (those last two may be related - thank heavens I have my own office where I can close the door! Haha), and I have to pee every hour on the hour, and the nausea is coming along with heartburn. I feel the waves creeping up as I enter the sixth week already. My sister had awful nausea from what I remember, so I think I'm in for it when it hits. I've almost puked a few times already, but not actually thrown up just yet. Also, I have been strangely silly and my brain is super foggy/slow/flakey... I completely forgot an entire (very important) recent conversation with a friend when she brought it up last night, and she was really hurt by my forgetting it, so I had to confess to her that I'm just not myself lately. Hopefully, that made her feel a little better. Oy. And maybe I'm paranoid, but I think my boss knows something is up already. His wife is 7 mos PG with their 4th, so he seems to know a lot about the whole process... I'm going to wait until I hear a heartbeat before I tell, but are any of you mamas working outside the home and if so, when are you telling your boss?

I WOH and I will probably tell my boss around 10-12 weeks. Haven't decided yet.

#87 of 130 Old 12-28-2010, 06:53 PM

I'm having a lot of cramping tonight. Feels different than my usual ligament pains. I'm hoping it's nothing but I'm doing an fabulous job of stressing myself out. I have my first OB appointment tomorrow.. hopefully an u/s sometime next week. I wonder if there is ever a point in this pregnancy where I will relax.

#88 of 130 Old 12-28-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:

I'm having a lot of cramping tonight. Feels different than my usual ligament pains. I'm hoping it's nothing but I'm doing an fabulous job of stressing myself out. I have my first OB appointment tomorrow.. hopefully an u/s sometime next week. I wonder if there is ever a point in this pregnancy where I will relax.

hug2.gif

#89 of 130 Old 12-28-2010, 09:17 PM

I'm out.  Thanks for being there.  Good luck, ladies.

-=Johanna=-
  Mom to Marshall (06/00), wife to Brett, welcoming the new little one August 2014! joy.gif
#90 of 130 Old 12-28-2010, 09:36 PM

So sorry, Johanna, such sad news.  hug2.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page