HcG advice - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-06-2010, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok, so I got a call from my nurse this afternoon about my blood that I had drawn at lunch.  (wow!)  She said that my numbers were at 28,000.  I was at 14,000 on Thursday.  So my numbers are going up but there obviously not doubling like they should.  She said that she did not know why they were low but it could be because I am earlier than we thought.  tech AF was due yesterday so I am about 18 days PO (estimate).  So my question is this.  Is this HCG variable?  Could I be earlier along?  She said to keep doing the progesterone thing (yay...) and come in for my u/s on Monday to check for viability.  We all know what that means.....gloomy.gif

Anyone have any advice?

#2 of 7 Old 12-06-2010, 04:14 PM

My advice is to sit patiently and wait. Hcg numbers are so inexact. Fingers crossed for you.

::: Just another WAHM using this forum to put off picking up toys and cleaning my house.
#3 of 7 Old 12-06-2010, 08:12 PM

I read that when HCG is over 2000, it takes much longer to double.  I think it said 72-96 hours.  If that's the case, I think you're good to go.  Those seem like really high numbers, so I think you're okay. :)  Were they concerned?

Bree

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

#4 of 7 Old 12-07-2010, 06:44 AM

hug2.gif Crossing my fingers for you mama!!!

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#5 of 7 Old 12-07-2010, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter

Xmas-  Thanks.  I really needed that advice.  I had just received the call and was still trying to get my brain around it.  I am in a much better head space today and I am just going to wait.  I cant do anything about it either way so I am going to keep on keeping on because it is what it is...

Bree- the nurse just said that she did not know why the numbers were a little low.  I was wondering if it was because I have been so sick.  I had a mean infection last week that really knocked me low.  When they drew blood on thursday, she also said my prog. was low at 5.0.  I have been doing the suppository thing since Friday so maybe since my prog was low then my Hcg would be a little low also?  I am so new to this...  Thanks for the advice.  I like it thumb.gif

Ursus- Thanks Momma.  I am praying for good news...

#6 of 7 Old 12-07-2010, 09:08 AM

I actually think those numbers sound really good and high for 18dpo...   At 19dpo mine was only 860.  Have you taken a look at http://www.betabase.info/

Don't worry too much about it though.  There is a HUGE range for what counts as a viable pregnancy...

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#7 of 7 Old 12-07-2010, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

Oh Maurine!!!  Thank you so much for that info and web site.  I feel tons better now that I have a list of comparisons to look at.  I so appreciate it!!! bouncy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page