Emotional anyone? What set it off? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-07-2010, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone have anything funny to share about what gets them weepy these days?  It's pretty easy to set me off in general, but it's definitely been worse the past week or two.

Today it was a commercial for the upcoming movie of The Tempest with Helen Mirren.  I am a Shakespeare dork (my grad degree centers around it) and the thought that Shakespeare was being marketed to a mainstream audience, and that lots of people would get exposure to such beautiful poetry over the holidays...I dunno, I got all verklempt!

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurine View Post
 the thought that Shakespeare was being marketed to a mainstream audience, and that lots of people would get exposure to such beautiful poetry over the holidays...I dunno, I got all verklempt!

ROTFLMAO.gif

I am such a sap myself, but that one will be tough to beat. Love it!

::: Just another WAHM using this forum to put off picking up toys and cleaning my house.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:54 AM

I got all misty reading about Elizabeth Edwards last night.  I usually am not a sap like that.  Oh, and DS gave me a huge hug while we were playing, looked me straight in the face and said "I looooooooove YOU Mommy"...  Waterworks from that! then I had to explain happy tears versus sad tears :)

Erin photosmile2.gif  treehugger.gif, DH jammin.gif ,  Mumma to Chase 7/08 superhero.gif and babyf.gif Griff 3/13

MTHFR C677T Homozygous, M/C 2/07 @ 6wks, 12/10 @8wks, 10/11@7wks, 2/12 @4wks.... 

Old 12-08-2010, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownBaby9 View Post

I got all misty reading about Elizabeth Edwards last night.  I usually am not a sap like that.  Oh, and DS gave me a huge hug while we were playing, looked me straight in the face and said "I looooooooove YOU Mommy"...  Waterworks from that! then I had to explain happy tears versus sad tears :)

Oh!  That reminds me!  DH is getting it, too.  The other day I remarked to him "You're a good man."  He got all teary!  orngbiggrin.gif

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:10 PM

We watched Home Alone the other day I was so emotional about Kevin's mom trying to get home to him bawling.gif

And, my sister just had her 3rd baby last Friday and every time she updates her facebook page or sends me a text with an update on how she's doing (wonderfully!) I get all weepy, happy, misty-eyed, too.

knit.gifKara~ Rockin' Granola wife to Christopher and mama to J (Nov. '01), M (June '06), L (May '08) and stork-girl.gif (edd 8/3/11)
2011:  a year to Make Do, Do Without, or Do It Ourselves 

User Tag List