Anybody's belly expanding yet? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2011, 10:31 AM
 
CrazyCatLady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,556
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am so jealous.  I gave away all my maternity clothes cause I was done having babies and planning on tying my tubes soon.  So I got nothing and no money to buy anything at the moment.  All my pants still fit (low waisted), but shirts are another story.


Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

CrazyCatLady is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-03-2011, 10:35 AM
 
ChemistryClass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 362
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by egmaranian View Post

Well, I did it.  I pulled my box of maternity duds out of storage and am wearing a full blown maternity outfit to work today.  Pants are rather baggy in the rear, but I am oh so comfy!  I just hope it's not too obvious because I haven't broken the news at work yet!



Ahh, the joy of maternity clothes! I haven't made that step yet, but it is going to happen soon. I am wearing the very last pair of non-maternity jeans that I can still button today. They were always quite loose before I got pregnant and they are getting mighty tight now. I can't wait to wear stretchy, gentle on the tummy, maternity wear. DH calls them my "comfort pants". lol!  What stinks (kinda) is I lost 65 lbs this year so all the really nice maternity stuff I bought when I was pregnant with DS would be gigantic on me now. We really don't have money to go out and buy more at the moment. I think it is time to hit the thrift store and look for some half price tags!


Jen, music nerd mama to two kiddos with one more on the way in August 2011!
ChemistryClass is offline  
Old 01-04-2011, 07:17 AM
 
yell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 249
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Went to Old Navy yesterday and shopped the clearance racks....got 3 mat shirts and 1 mat dress for $18.30.  Boooo-yaa.


Danielle (29)reading.gif married to my best friend Lou guitar.gif since 9/10/10 stillheart.gif ,mama to Ada Adelleenergy.gif since 8/5/11, and expecting a new addition around 4/19/14 stork-boy.gif
yell is offline  
Old 01-04-2011, 07:47 AM
 
Baby_Cakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,879
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by egmaranian View Post

Well, I did it.  I pulled my box of maternity duds out of storage and am wearing a full blown maternity outfit to work today.  Pants are rather baggy in the rear, but I am oh so comfy!  I just hope it's not too obvious because I haven't broken the news at work yet!



I pulled down all mine too!  I admit, I tried on the jeans and they were so super comfy -- but I couldn't do it mentally.  I forgot how many cute things I had, and I'm pg thru the same part of the year so *hopefully* i'll be able to wear most if not all of it again.  Once I started looking thru the clothes, I finally started to get excited for the belly!


Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Baby_Cakes is offline  
Old 01-04-2011, 07:54 AM
 
Maurine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,308
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think I need to go to Old Navy.  I stopped by H&M to see what they had, and picked up some leggings.  They are still too big in the belly, but I can fold them down.  My old ones cut me across the middle very uncomfortably!  I also picked up two other things that I have to return...one sweater is super itchy and some pants fits really wonky...welcome to H&M!


#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

Maurine is offline  
Old 01-04-2011, 08:06 AM
 
mamamerle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: texas
Posts: 901
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemistryClass View Post

What stinks (kinda) is I lost 65 lbs this year so all the really nice maternity stuff I bought when I was pregnant with DS would be gigantic on me now. We really don't have money to go out and buy more at the moment. I think it is time to hit the thrift store and look for some half price tags!

 


That's where I am. I have listed all my large and x-large maternity pants for sale because I need mediums! I did pick up one perfect pair at a thrift store (while dropping off items to donate!).

 

 


janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
mamamerle is offline  
Old 01-04-2011, 09:06 AM
 
ChemistryClass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 362
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by yell View Post

Went to Old Navy yesterday and shopped the clearance racks....got 3 mat shirts and 1 mat dress for $18.30.  Boooo-yaa.



Score! I wish my ON had a maternity section. It is a teeny tiny store with hardly anything in it. I should check out the larger one a few towns over.



Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamerle View Post

 

That's where I am. I have listed all my large and x-large maternity pants for sale because I need mediums! I did pick up one perfect pair at a thrift store (while dropping off items to donate!).

 

 

 

I think I am going to have to try to sell mine to fund new ones in the proper size! Where did you list yours?
 


Jen, music nerd mama to two kiddos with one more on the way in August 2011!
ChemistryClass is offline  
Old 01-04-2011, 09:25 AM
 
mamamerle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: texas
Posts: 901
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChemistryClass View Post
I think I am going to have to try to sell mine to fund new ones in the proper size! Where did you list yours?


Craigslist and my local mom's forum. No love yet. I think it's too close to Christmas.


janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
mamamerle is offline  
Old 01-04-2011, 02:38 PM
 
RoseRedHoofbeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 911
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm in my size-up pants and looser shirts, but so far all I've got is a thicker waist- no real bump to speak of yet!


~Rose

RoseRedHoofbeats is offline  
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off