Anybody's belly expanding yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-08-2010, 02:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Since a couple days ago, I've felt a definite enlargement in my belly.  Even DH noticed it, which is saying something LOL! Now I know this is my fourth and you're supposed to show earlier each time, but all 3 previous ones I've shown very late and been very compact.  I haven't been eating more and am mainly a veg and meat person, very little carbs. I'm only 5 weeks, can't believe there can be such a huge variation from the last 3 to this one.  Or maybe I've just forgotten what it was like the last times!  Anyone else feeling a bit swelly in the belly?

Busy sad happy mum to DD 7, our beloved son lost in childbirth, DD 1.5, and expecting #4 August 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2010, 06:00 AM

Well, you can't tell, but my jeans were too tight.  Just uncomfortable tight.  I had to put away my 4s and pull out my 6s!  I feel like I'm going to show early this time and I'm .. hesitant to get too excited about it!  LOL!  Funny b/c w/my first I couldn't wait for the belly.  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 12-08-2010, 06:49 AM

sitting here with my jeans unbuttoned, I am popping already at 6 weeks, its crazy.  Good for the belly pics though!

Erin photosmile2.gif  treehugger.gif, DH jammin.gif ,  Mumma to Chase 7/08 superhero.gif and babyf.gif Griff 3/13

MTHFR C677T Homozygous, M/C 2/07 @ 6wks, 12/10 @8wks, 10/11@7wks, 2/12 @4wks.... 

Old 12-08-2010, 10:02 AM

I had mild OHSS since my IVF retrieval, and was pretty bloated.  I was hiding my bloat at work with big sweaters and things.  I totally think people think I am pregnant.  As of now, the bloat is a little better, but I still can't wear my jeans!  Only pants with a good amount of stretch are comfortable.

And I've gone swimming, too.  Good thing I know inside that I am pregnant, or I'd die of embarrassment.

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:24 AM

Hi,

I'm 5.5 weeks.  Definately have been bloated, especially since I'm constipated from these iron pills (I'm anemic).  I also noticed my jeans already getting tight - I think alot of it has to do with me not wanting to put too much pressure in that area so I've been leaving them unbuttoned on the top when I'm home.  I think when I wasn't pregnant I didn't mind them being a little snug where they button.  But things are really sensitive in that area now.  So I think it's a combination of things.

Mama of 10yo dd, 7 yo ds, and 22 month old ds. No VAX, Anti-Circ, Lactivist, EC, UCB x 2. 

Old 12-08-2010, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Maurine:   I bloated after the retrieval as well and looked pregnant early too.  No one said anything thankfully.  

My bloating has gone down, so I'm feeling back to normal.  I have noticed a bit of pressure when I sleep on my tummy though, so I don't think it will be long.  

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

Old 12-08-2010, 12:46 PM

My pants are definitely getting tighter. I wear all of my jeans and pants low and am starting to feel a bit uncomfortable. I pulled out a pair of maternity pants yesterday for giggles and they were sooooo comfy....and they fit just fine.

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

Old 12-09-2010, 10:49 AM

This is my 5th baby and I'm already getting a belly.  I think I'm just bloated though, so hopefully it will go down some.  I'm about 5.5 weeks.

Kristen treehugger.gif mama to Chris(15)eat.gif, Kaitlyn(10)blahblah.gif, TJ(8)sleepytime.gif and Natalie(5)thumbsuck.gif & Emily(2)diaper.gif

Old 12-09-2010, 12:38 PM

This is my first and I feel... swollen? Not particularly big, but my jeans are just a little uncomfortable. What surprised me most was that my hips are getting much wider; I have very flexible joints but this is crazy! I feel at least an inch wider.

But the thing that is getting bigger fastest is my chest!!

Old 12-09-2010, 12:45 PM

When did you all start showing with your first? My pants have felt tight but I think it's due to all the junk food I've been eating, not my uterus unfortunately orngtongue.gif

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:17 PM

with chase, I could have faked not being pg till probably 14 weeks.  This time nope.  I look down thinking I need to unbutton my jeans while I sit here and work (MDC) and low and behold, they are ALREADY UNBUTTONED.  My maternity clothes can't get returned to me soon enough. 

Erin photosmile2.gif  treehugger.gif, DH jammin.gif ,  Mumma to Chase 7/08 superhero.gif and babyf.gif Griff 3/13

MTHFR C677T Homozygous, M/C 2/07 @ 6wks, 12/10 @8wks, 10/11@7wks, 2/12 @4wks.... 

Old 12-10-2010, 05:15 AM

With nora I noticed my own belly by 9 or so weeks but didn't really show obviously until probably 12-14 weeks. I didn't announce my pg at work until then, and most ppl said they thought I was bc I had gained some weight, but they weren't sure! Lol.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 12-10-2010, 05:16 PM

I am 7 weeks and definitely have a little belly.  I have been wearing my bigger pants (one size up) and that has been okay.  I also have been wearing my overalls a lot--super comfy and also make the belly less obvious.  We haven't told anyone yet, but are planning to just before christmas, so not too much longer.  I will probably see one of my friends next week and will tell her then--I'm tired of keeping this a secret since I am so excited, but also I have been feeling subpar--a bit on the nauseous side for about 1 week now and that is hard to hide huh.gif.  The other night I looked at myself in the mirror and was like whooa that's a belly and showed DP, then is went back down a bit.

Partner  partners.gif(10 years) Mother to Lily hearts.gif (4 years), Jonas babyboy.gif (1.5 years),  1 dog , and 1 cat 

Old 12-11-2010, 12:27 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

With my first three I was VERY small and showed late, I am tall so I wore my pre preg jeans all nine months all three times...THIS time... well, I'm  4 weeks 4 days and I just ordered maternity clothes. I feel so pudgy and bloated. It's making me incredibly nervous. I have no morning sickness and can't stop eating so I suppose that is contributing a tad. shy.gif

I lifted my shirt up to show DH and I was like "Look how big I already am." He says "I don't think you are." (Ha...I've got him trained apparently.) And I said "I think it's bloating, that happens..." and he says "OH yeah that's true." lol.

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
Old 12-11-2010, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusarctos View Post

When did you all start showing with your first? My pants have felt tight but I think it's due to all the junk food I've been eating, not my uterus unfortunately orngtongue.gif

I didn't start showing until right around 12 to 14 weeks. I was able to wear my pre-pregnancy jeans a bit longer than that, though - probably until the end of my fourth month. 

Last night I had a dream that I was shopping for maternity jeans. In the dream I visited Kohl's and Old Navy and maybe one more store. They had a sizing chart that said I was a size "O" (as in Oprah, not zero), but none of the stores had that size and I woke up pretty miffed. Hahaha. I definitely need to get more jeans. I have a couple of pair and only one fit me well during my first pregnancy. I want at least one more pair that I can wear with my awesome boots. Thankfully, the bulk of my bulk will be in the warmer months when I can live in dresses.

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

Old 12-13-2010, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMike View Post

Last night I had a dream that I was shopping for maternity jeans. In the dream I visited Kohl's and Old Navy and maybe one more store. They had a sizing chart that said I was a size "O" (as in Oprah, not zero), but none of the stores had that size and I woke up pretty miffed. Hahaha. I definitely need to get more jeans. I have a couple of pair and only one fit me well during my first pregnancy.

lol.gif I need more jeans too... and soon I'm going to be size "O" if things keep up how they're going winky.gif Seriously though, I've definitely gone up a pants size in the past month or so. And it's all bloat, yay!

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:19 PM

This is my second (kind of sort of) so I expected to be bigger sooner. But I am really getting puffy around the middle. I haven't gained any weight yet, but I am holding folders in front of my tummy at work, and thinking about looser clothing.

I am only 6 weeks 2 days, but my "tummy" if you can call it that, is bloated / extended from the bottom of my rib cage to below the knickers. With my first I only started showing at 12 weeks and had a "pot" instead of a full tum.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMike View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusarctos View Post

They had a sizing chart that said I was a size "O" (as in Oprah, not zero), but none of the stores had that size and I woke up pretty miffed. Hahaha. 

Size O as in Oprah-  Ha, ha, hablueman.gif

Partner  partners.gif(10 years) Mother to Lily hearts.gif (4 years), Jonas babyboy.gif (1.5 years),  1 dog , and 1 cat 

Old 12-13-2010, 07:39 PM

Okay, my dream came true. No, I'm not a size O as in Oprah yet, but I went to Kohl's and Old Navy and tried on 095745987357349574 pairs of jeans (slight exaggeration) and none fit and all of them were super-flare. You could hide a small child under the flares. I guess it's off to Motherhood. According to their website they have slim fit jeans (I want something to wear with boots).

Old 12-14-2010, 04:07 PM

*sigh* I suppose I'll show early again.  This is my sixth pregnancy, hopefully fourth baby.  I am tall but have this freakishly small torso, so show really early.  Last time it was obvious by 8 weeks.  I'm a lot lighter now, so I am guessing it'll be sooner.  Kind of bummed I won't be able to hide it!

this was 12 weeks with number two...so two babies ago.  You get the picture!  Someone convince me this won't happen again.  Please?

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

Old 12-15-2010, 07:51 AM

My belly looks so bloated. I don't even know what happened to it in the past week. I was zipping my jeans up no problem this time last week. Now all of my jeans are really uncomfortable and I've had to break out the next size up. Much more comfortable, but they hang off my backend! lol.gif With my last two, I had to be in maternity clothes full-time way before the second trimester. I am thinking it is going to be a similar story this time!

Jen, music nerd mama to two kiddos with one more on the way in August 2011!
Old 12-15-2010, 01:08 PM

My hubby says no, but I can tell I'm already puffing out a little bit.  I don't need a belt for my jeans any more, and I've been living in stretch pants or skirts all week; they're much more comfortable than proper pants. 

I don't know how much of it is that I'm pigging out constantly, or that I haven't worked out since before my daughter was born - last time I had a really flat stomach, but it's a lot rounder now - a mama tummy.

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
Old 12-16-2010, 07:49 AM

The scale says no, but I unbutton my jeans when I play blocks on the floor with my toddler. DH asked me if I wanted him to get my fat clothes out of the attic yet. In retrospect I know he meant well, but in the moment, I threw my toothbrush at him...

Old 12-16-2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneyls View Post

The scale says no, but I unbutton my jeans when I play blocks on the floor with my toddler. DH asked me if I wanted him to get my fat clothes out of the attic yet. In retrospect I know he meant well, but in the moment, I threw my toothbrush at him...

LOL I think I would have done the same (thrown something at DH)!!

Same here, scale says nothing different but I'm officially unbuttoning the jeans.  It's mostly just uncomfortable, not like they don't close.  I'm not in a huge rush to dive into mat clothes this time...

Old 12-16-2010, 11:18 PM

I'm still really early but starting to notice The Bloat a lot more already.  I have actually lost about 3lbs since I found out five days ago, but dh and I can def. see a difference already.  Of course it isn't belly yet, but def. bloat.  This is my sixth pregnancy and I'm sure that plays a big role.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

Old 12-18-2010, 10:45 AM

yup. 4th pregnancy (3rd baby) and im BLOATED. ugh. im only 5.2 weeks and my belly is sticking out. i had this with all my previous pregnancies though...

Lisa ~ Wife to Stephen caffix.gif (5/23/04) ~ Mama to Lincoln Barneswave.gif (10/10/07), Gabriel Normanbabyf.gif(12/8/09)  and Ella Louisette baby.gif(8/14/2011)~ CMP angel.gif (12/8/08 at 8.6 weeks).

Old 12-18-2010, 12:41 PM

I am lurking here, but ... Question for you mamma's who are expecting, but have had more pregnancies than babies (like me, grouphug.gif) do you think that each pregnancy brings earlier symptoms (especially the bloating) even though we've experienced loss? i guess what i mean is, (while trying to be delicate on this topic) do our pregnancies that have ended too soon still leave a mark on our body as well as our mind? AFM, we lost our Molly at 5 weeks the day before Thanksgiving & are waiting & watching my BBT chart, hoping to join this DDC or the next. This would be my 3rd pregnancy & though i may be imagining it, i'm feeling the bloat & other symptoms even earlier than I did with our previous lost pregnancy. I guess this is a question better suited for the "pregnancy after loss" thread, but from what i gather there are some mamma's in this DDC who have been down the same road as me.

Mohawk Mamma is wife to viking hardcore hottie husband, mommy to amazing 3 year old daughter & Molly angel.gif(11/24/10), & new baby EDD 8/28/11

Old 12-19-2010, 11:12 AM

mohawk hug2.gif  When I lost my Riley at 12 weeks, it was my second loss in five months.  When I got pg with dd2 a month after my d&c, it was CRAZY how fast I showed.  My body had already been practicing for weeks and weeks, so  I just popped right out.  And the other symptoms seemed more pronounced too.  I think when our bodies get in pregnancy mode it takes a long while for that to go away, so naturally when we get pg soon after, thing seem more obvious.  I hope you get that bfp double quick.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post

mohawk hug2.gif  When I lost my Riley at 12 weeks, it was my second loss in five months.  When I got pg with dd2 a month after my d&c, it was CRAZY how fast I showed.  My body had already been practicing for weeks and weeks, so  I just popped right out.  And the other symptoms seemed more pronounced too.  I think when our bodies get in pregnancy mode it takes a long while for that to go away, so naturally when we get pg soon after, thing seem more obvious.  I hope you get that bfp double quick.

thank you jillybeans.  i felt your hugs & your well wishes, because this morning at 10 DPO, & 26 days after losing Molly, i got a BFP. i knew 5 days ago, or atleast was hoping i knew, lol. i'm a little confused about my EDD since they usually count from LMP, which in this case was first day of my m/c. & i do know when we conceived this time, so i guess there's an optional EDD calculator using that info. so i'm thinking very late august to very early september. either way, i am SO scared i'm gonna lose this baby too. but at the same time i'm happy & excited. not telling anyone yet. maybe not til we see/hear a heartbeat, but i may not be able to "hide" it til then. in either case, i REFUSE to try to actually hide my growing belly. i am not ashamed & i will NOT change my appearance to conceal my tummy, whenever it shows it shows, i think. but if noone notices before we have a heartbeat then that's ok with us too.

Mohawk Mamma is wife to viking hardcore hottie husband, mommy to amazing 3 year old daughter & Molly angel.gif(11/24/10), & new baby EDD 8/28/11

Old 12-20-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohawk Mamma View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post

thank you jillybeans.  i felt your hugs & your well wishes, because this morning at 10 DPO, & 26 days after losing Molly, i got a BFP. i knew 5 days ago, or atleast was hoping i knew, lol. i'm a little confused about my EDD since they usually count from LMP, which in this case was first day of my m/c. & i do know when we conceived this time, so i guess there's an optional EDD calculator using that info. so i'm thinking very late august to very early september. either way, i am SO scared i'm gonna lose this baby too. but at the same time i'm happy & excited. not telling anyone yet. maybe not til we see/hear a heartbeat, but i may not be able to "hide" it til then. in either case, i REFUSE to try to actually hide my growing belly. i am not ashamed & i will NOT change my appearance to conceal my tummy, whenever it shows it shows, i think. but if noone notices before we have a heartbeat then that's ok with us too.

OMG!  YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!  This is GREAT news!  congrats mama!  And I was the same way...celebrate this baby for all it's glory!  EEEEEKkkkkkkk SO excited for you!

User Tag List