Cramping -- Tell me specifically what is normal? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-09-2010, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok, ok...I've googled and googled, but I want to hear it from you.  smile.gif  Yesterday and today I started having more cramping.  I am 6w2d.  Prior to this I had some cramping around implantation.  I have no spotting or bleeding at all, and no lower back ache.  It feels like menstrual cramps, but more mild.  Only it's pretty continuous and hasn't really stopped.  (Note, I get menstrual cramps down way low, like almost inside my vagina.  That's what this feels like.)  Then there are also some cramps in my pelvic region, about halfway down below my belly button.  Normal?  It's my first time being pregnant...

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#2 of 5 Old 12-09-2010, 01:25 PM

It's also my first time being pregnancy and I'm a nervous wreck so I hear ya.  I have had cramping too.  I was so worried, but I have no bleeding or spotting of any kind.  My cramps feel like period cramps except sometimes they are more on one side (especially the right).  Sometimes I feel a sharp pinch, but it only lasts for a second.  I was worried about one-sided pain, but I sometimes feel it on the other side too.  I was worried about ectopic.  However, from what I have read, if it were ectopic, it's almost always accompanied by some bleeding and the cramping gets worse.  My cramping comes and goes although I have had days where it was there ALL day.  I worry when I cramp and worry when I don't. :)  My midwife said that cramping is part of a healthy and normal pregnancy as your uterus gets bigger and prepares to carry the baby.  Only worry when it's severe, worsens, or is accompanied by bleeding.  Even then, it could be okay.

Bree

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

#3 of 5 Old 12-09-2010, 02:05 PM

I would love to know more, too! I very rarely had cramps with my periods, but what I'm feeling isn't very crampy - it's like a soreness of my ab muscles from overstretching or after doing lots of sit ups.  I think it also has to do with the way I sleep, though. Most of the soreness is just below or near my belly button!

#4 of 5 Old 12-10-2010, 04:24 AM

I had cramping off and on in the first trimester w/ DD, like period cramps only milder, with occasional sharp twinges.  I remember googling it over and over, because I would get so worried.  My understanding is that they're really normal as the uterus is growing, and the round ligaments are stretching.  Isn't pregnancy fun?

#5 of 5 Old 12-10-2010, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by openpollination View Post

I would love to know more, too! I very rarely had cramps with my periods, but what I'm feeling isn't very crampy - it's like a soreness of my ab muscles from overstretching or after doing lots of sit ups.  I think it also has to do with the way I sleep, though. Most of the soreness is just below or near my belly button!

I have the same thing.  I think that it is round ligament pain and my uterus stretching and growing.  It feels exactly like that.  I thought I was sore from coughing because I have been sick.  But it is lingering and I am not as sick.  I am glad someone else has that symptom. I thought I was crazy!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page