Wish me luck! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-09-2010, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My doctor said my numbers were fine, but I'm paranoid so I asked for another round of tests.  I am getting HCG and progesterone run again tomorrow just for reassurance.  At 4 weeks, 6 days (or 5 weeks, 0 days...not sure how to calculate it), my HCG was 1811 and my progesterone was 18.8.  Doc's office said the HCG was just fine and the progesterone was okay, but a tad on the low side.  We increased my progesterone dose.  Tomorrow I will be 5 weeks, 6 days (or 6 weeks, 0 days).

I really hope to come back with a super high HCG so I can rest a little more easy.  I am so excited and want this baby so bad.  I waited so long for it (as I'm sure many of you have experienced). 

Basal temps are aren't budging from 98.9-99.1.  No spotting.  No bleeding.  No heavy cramping.  All looks good, right?

Bree

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2010, 09:58 PM

Sounds good to me - all the best to you!

Old 12-10-2010, 08:12 AM

Bree- let us know what you find out.  Your numbers are similar to mine.  On 12/6 (I would have been 4 weeks 1 day) My beta was 22154 and my progesterone was about 7-8 (my nurse did not remember, only that it went up).  She told me to continue my progesterone supp. and I go back on Monday for an u/s and more labs.  I would love to see how much your numbers came up.  Today I am 4 weeks 5 days.  Good Luck!!!

Old 12-10-2010, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

What worries me is everyone's HCG is so much higher than mine.  I should have results by the end of the day.  I didn't sleep all night.  I hope, I hope, I hope...

Bree

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

Old 12-10-2010, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

Okay the numbers are in.  Progesterone is up to 20.2 from 18.8.  HCG went from 1811 to 12,000!!!  It's not as high as many others have reported, but it's definitely doubling when it's supposed to I think.  The first lab was last Friday and the second was today...so that doubled 2.5 times and I read that after 2000, it takes 72-96hrs to double.

Does this look good?

Bree

Old 12-10-2010, 06:28 PM

I think it looks good!  Now you can have a good week-end!!!    When do you have to go back?  I am hoping for good numbers on Monday.

Old 12-11-2010, 12:31 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Awesome!! Congratulations & Happy Saturday. :)

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
Old 12-11-2010, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks.  I'm going to try to take a break from stressing about something.  :)  Not gonna happen, but I'll try.

Bree

User Tag List