Scared, but joining. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-11-2010, 06:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I got a very faint positive test last night and a definite positive test this morning.  I am in total shock.  I've only been dating the guy since late August and we've been using protection.  Pregnancies are very hard on me, so I'm scared to death really.  I also had a miscarriage back in June and because of that I'm kind of nervous about trying to process this pregnancy...just to end up losing it again.

I have all the symptoms.  Tired, starving, sore boobs, thirsty, night sweats, insomnia, constipated, waves of bad nausea.

Anyways thanks for letting me process.  You all are the first to know.  My family is not going to be thrilled and I don't even know how/when to tell the dad involved.  Congrats to everyone here!

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#2 of 6 Old 12-11-2010, 08:41 AM

Hi! I had a miscarriage back in April and I know the fear. I am constantly reminding myself to just relax. I hope all goes well for you. smile.gif

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

#3 of 6 Old 12-11-2010, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Well then let us be the first to say Congratulations!! I hope everything goes smoothly for you and I'm sorry to hear about your previous miscarriage. 

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#4 of 6 Old 12-11-2010, 03:24 PM

Welcome!  You have some extra challenges - I'm sorry you're family isn't supportive.  Wishing you a peaceful pregnancy.  hug.gif

#5 of 6 Old 12-12-2010, 12:48 PM

Welcome!

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
#6 of 6 Old 12-12-2010, 10:06 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for the welcome.  It's been a crazy weekend.  My hormones have definitely kicked in and it's not helping me act very rational lol.

My family is actually taking it well.  The father is being very supportive.  I feel pretty good which is nice for now (until the hg arrives, if it does again).

Every cramp or weird feeling has been expecting a miscarriage, but I know there is nothing I can do other than wait and see.  Trying to be patient sucks sometimes lol. 

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page