Hi!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-11-2010, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi All!  I just wanted to give an introduction.  I took a Dollar Tree test on Wednesday night, Dec 8, one day after my missed AF and got a BFP!!  DH and I weren't trying, but we weren't preventing, either.  We've both always felt like we were meant to have one more baby, but thought we were a bit crazy, since I'm 39.  We also felt that, if we got pregnant with another, it was meant to be.  My youngest is almost 5 (Jan 2), so it's been a while since I had to think about all the needs of pregnancy and having a baby. 

It's really odd timing, because I just started a job on Dec. 1 and got my BFP exactly 1 week after I started.  Not really sure when I should tell my employer, but I'm thinking about waiting until I start to show a bit.  The only problem with it is, I am required to lift boxes up to 25-35 lbs.  It's not regular, but often enough.  Plus, I end up walking at least a few miles each day, plus 3 flights of stairs several times a day.  With my last pregnancy, I had bleeding problems right after my BFP, and had to take it easy for a few weeks, just to be careful.  I'm not sure what I'll do if it happens again. 

My kids are going to be so excited when we tell them.  We were thinking about telling them tonight.  With Christmas coming, it would be really hard to keep it a secret with all of my family around, so we'll be telling the family in a couple weeks.  It's only fair to tell the kids before that.  Here's to hoping they can keep a secret!!  :D

Anyway, I can't wait to get to know all of you and to have this great group of ladies to talk to during the next 9+ months.

~Ginny

Wife to Bri, mom to G (8), R (6), I (5). Expecting #4 - 8.16.11
#2 of 4 Old 12-11-2010, 03:09 PM

Congratulations, and welcome!

#3 of 4 Old 12-12-2010, 06:17 AM

Welcome!

Mama to a 6 year old diva, and new little man July 2011.

#4 of 4 Old 12-12-2010, 10:36 AM

Welcome!  I'm new here too!

Mamma to identical twin girls (June, 2006 born at 30 weeks), new bundle of joy due August, 2011

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page