Weekly Chit Chat Thread 12/13 - 12/19 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-13-2010, 06:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Ladies! 

A new week is here.  I am 5 weeks today.  OMG already?  I feel like I should still be in the middle of week 4 or something!

So, how is everyone feeling?  What is everyone up to this week?  We have lots of appts this week, don't we?

AFM - I'm going to meet with a hb mw tmw just to get a vibe and see how I feel about her.  I'm thinking of questions I might have and that sort of thing.  It's exciting but a little overwhelming.

Also, DD (who is 2) just got over her first UTI a few weeks ago, and I thought she was all better but now she's telling me it hurts again when she pees.  I'm stressing over this b/c I know now the ped will want to do a catheter with dye and u/s to make sure the infection isn't in her kidneys.  I'm stressing majorly.  I can't help but feel out of control about it and I hate when she's sick.  And this could be a big deal.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2010, 07:04 AM

Hello! I am going to be 5 weeks this wednesday and I can't believe it either! I am calling the midwife group I am hoping to be seen by today. I am so excited to get my first appointment scheduled!

I have been fighting waves of nausea for the past couple of days but I haven't actually gotten sick yet. I have a feeling that will be changing too... Thats my only true complaint! I am just so happy! joy.gif  I have relaxed a little bit since the first couple days I found out. I was worrying about every little cramp or pain I felt. Everything is so new to me and I don't know what to expect since this is our first pregnancy. I just want this pregnancy to go smoothly. Which I'm sure thats all anyone wants!

Baby Cakes

I'm sorry about your daughter. I am a radiography student and I do those exams with the dye. They truly seem a lot worse than they are. Once they get the catheter in it shouldn't take very long. You probably won't be allowed in the room since your pregnant. I don't know if that will make it easier or not. I hope everything works out ok!

Wife to N for 6 years, mama to Jude 08/11, 03/13, 09/13
04/2014 08/2014
Old 12-13-2010, 07:39 AM

Thanks for starting a new thread, Baby_Cakes!  Sorry your dd is going through this hug.gif.  That is very stressful.

karalynnskies - Welcome and congrats!!!  Hope you and Baby_Cakes both get good vibes from your possible midwives to be! 

AFM - 7 weeks today!  I think I'm still in denial.  My symptoms have always been pretty mild and seem to be following the same pattern this time, so far.  So it's always pretty surreal until I hear or see the heartbeat.  OK, no messing around - I have to call to try to get an appointment with an OB who might take me.  I hate talking on the phone and I hate anything medical, so not a good combination.  I need to hire a personal administrative assistant just for myself, who will just do this stuff for me because I suck at it lol.gif.  We had a good weekend with the kids at my dh's company holiday party in Philly.  We then went to the old Wanamaker's building light show and then the new Comcast building holiday show.  Then we went to Dave & Busters and the kids had a blast.  Hope everyone's week is starting out well!

Professional Lurker kewl.gif. Married to my highschool sweetheart, "D" partners.gif. Mom to DS1 "G" (Sept. '04) blahblah.gif  , DS2 "W" (April '08) bouncy.gif , and ???? (August '11) 1sttri.gif
Old 12-13-2010, 07:56 AM

Yuck, sorry for your little daughter, Carrie.

I don't have much to report, I'm 6 weeks now and still sooooo exhausted! I have to nap every day and I'm still dragging.  My daughter is being very 2 right now; She's wonderful but sooo energetic and opinionated, it gets tiring.  I'm excited about the holidays, but a little nervous too - my classes start the first week of January!

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
Old 12-13-2010, 10:25 AM

Carrie - I hope your dd is going to be okay  hug2.gif

Am I the only who still hasn't called her care provider yet?  I know they won't have me come in until after the New Year, so I haven't been in a hurry.  Dh and I have just been enjoying our secret, but I suppose I'd better start making some phone calls this week and get an appointment in the books at least.

I'm having some morning/evening sickness but not feeling nauseous.  It hits me all at once, I throw up, and then I feel fine again.  Which I much prefer to laying around feeling like my insides are spinning.

I'm feeling really well still, but very very tired. I've been encouraging lots of low-key, quiet play and activities around here - things I can oversee from the couch wink1.gif

We had a family holiday party this weekend and my MIL was giving me, and my full wine glass, the eye during dinner and I think I caught her staring at me pretty intently a few times but she never said anything if she has her suspicions. 

The worst was that my poor son got carsick and, oh, boy.  I couldn't handle that.  Poor little guy couldn't help it, but I had to turn the clean up of that over to Daddy because I just couldn't do it without throwing up myself.

How was everyone else's weekend?

knit.gifKara~ Rockin' Granola wife to Christopher and mama to J (Nov. '01), M (June '06), L (May '08) and stork-girl.gif (edd 8/3/11)
2011:  a year to Make Do, Do Without, or Do It Ourselves 
Old 12-13-2010, 11:08 AM

Baby_Cakes-- hope your DD gets over her UTIs.  Those are no fun at all.

Last night we told a couple who are friends of ours and also expecting.  They are due in May, so they were really excited to know that we are only 3 months behind them.  I also told my friend in England who is also expecting- due in April.  I just couldn't seem to help myself from telling others who are also pregnant right now.

I have my first appt with my CNM on January 17.  That is MLK day and both DH and I are off work that day.  Do DHs usually go to the first appointment?  I know they will listen to the heartbeat, but other than that, I figure it will be pretty uneventful for him.

I've also been e-mailing a few homebirth midwives and trying to get contact info for more.  Lay midwives cannot be licensed in Kentucky, and so its basically illegal for them to practice.  You have to find them by word of mouth, so I'm working on it.  I went to a thing this past Saturday at a local AP store called Home Birth Stories-- hosted by a midwife for women to tell their stories or listen.  I got to talk to the midwife after, but I don't think she's the one for us, so still gotta get more names!  I'm already looking up all kinds of birth classes, breastfeeding classes, baptism classes at our church, classes, classes, classes!

DH is away all this week on a hunting trip, so I'm home alone.  I don't mind it much except at night I kinda get nervous, even though I have no reason to be.

As for symptoms-- boobs getting bigger and sore is really my only big sign.  Increased appetite somewhat, but that's about it so far!

Married to DH partners.gif since 2007. Mommy to babyboy.gif 7/2011.  We bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:18 AM

I have a midwife I'd like to work with, but I haven't scheduled my labs/ultrasound with the hospital yet. I don't have a main OB (I rarely go to the doctor!) and I'm horribly afraid of needles so I've been holding off on going in for a while. I'm 7w today, and I'd like to schedule it for next week when I'm past 8w so that we have a better chance of hearing the heartbeat.

As far as cravings, I'm making some mac and cheese right now... at 10am :) Everything tastes better in the morning!

Old 12-13-2010, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the vibes everyone.  Just got back from the dr with Nora -- turns out she has a double ear infection and yeast on her bottom.  They still want to do a urine culture but the dr wasn't jumping to conclusions with it being a uti.  So, somehow I have to get her pee into a cup, lol.  I'm not thrilled with another round of abx, but I don't want her in pain either.

Is it normal that for a minute there while I was dealing w/all this I totally forgot I was pg?? 

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 12-13-2010, 02:19 PM

Woooooo hoooooo actually got off the couch today! Major progress. Went to exercise class ( my instructor was laughing at me because I had to do half the exercises holding my boobs cos they hurt to bounce!), made it through the grocery store without gagging.......didn't buy much though. I may actually get some vacuuming done today! Amazing what you can get done when you don't feel like you have to hurl with every breath joy.gif

I drank a protein shake with fruit and yoghurt this morning......I am wondering if this would help anyone else. Not sure if this is the reason I feel better today but it's worth a try huh?

Babi cakes- good news about no catheter smile.gif hope she feels better soon

Hmmmm Mac n cheese does sound good smile.gif

Nugget - I'm 7 weeks today too:)

Had horrible nightmare last night about M/C'ing......just want to get my ultrasound done and over with tomorrow so I can relax and enjoy a nausea free day smile.gif Has anyone tried the preggo pops, I like them and certainly settle the stomach.....sour seems to help, I'm also putting lemon slices in my water bottle to give a sour taste too..... After this weekend I am trying all angles smile.gif

Very excited first time mama to be (due 1-2nd august).....together with nervous first time daddy and love of my life. Computer challenged and still hasn't figured out how to get tickers and smily faces in my signature LOL http://lbdm.lilypie.com/35Oz.png
Old 12-13-2010, 05:03 PM

Baby cake--sorry about your dd.  I hope she gets better soon and doesn't need a catheter and such.

Openpollination--you mentioning mac n cheese make me want it right now, but I like to make it from scratch and that take a little while.

knittingKara--I would probably be looking into who I wanted to work with, but I really liked the midwife that we worked with for DD and she likes to see people as early in their pregnancies as possible orngbiggrin.gif

AFM-- the nausea is definitely worse this time around.  No puking--thank goodness since I can't stand it, but I do have to say lounging around no feeling well is getting old.  I'm hoping that it will all be done with by 12 weeks or so--or before would be even better.  With DD I felt really good by 12-13 weeks.  

Partner  partners.gif(10 years) Mother to Lily hearts.gif (4 years), Jonas babyboy.gif (1.5 years),  1 dog , and 1 cat 

Old 12-13-2010, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

I really liked the preggo pops. Not too sweet, not too sour.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:50 PM

Hi Everyone!

I'm going to try out being social instead of just being a lurker. I'm 7 weeks today and I am starting to get waves of nausea which is especially difficult at work as no one knows I am pregnant so I have to pretend everything is great when I am trying not to vomit in my trashcan.lol I have had all those other annoying symptoms too but the nausea is the worst so far. I felt terrible this morning but eating small amounts almost constantly seemed to keep the trashcan away.

As for the appointments. We called the insurance and the provider as soon as we got our positive BFP because we knew it was going to be a pain. We had to argue with the insurance company for a few weeks but they finally approved the midwife and birthing center! We may have jumped for joy over that. So, I don't go until the week after Christmas to see her but I am very excited!

I hope everyone is doing well and feeling good.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:51 PM

Hi everyone!  Lurking until I'm a bit farther along, but I love hearing about your days!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

Old 12-14-2010, 05:45 AM

BabyCakes - sorry about your dd's hard time, glad they figured out what is going on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnittingKara View Post

Am I the only who still hasn't called her care provider yet? 

No. Part of the problem for me is that you don't really get your own care provider here - it's all at the public prenatal clinic and you see the midwife or nurse who's around at the time. The only continuous thing is your record. At the hospital they do mostly CNM births but you don't usually meet your midwife until you go there in labor. The system seems to work well but I would really prefer to have my own midwife who also does prenatals. What about the care provider getting to know you and your body? Anyway, they want you to go in for your first appointment between 7 and 10 weeks, but I'm 7 weeks today and going to be out of the country for a month starting Thursday. So I decided to put it off to 11-12 weeks. Also partially because I have had a couple of early miscarriages I didn't want to go in early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat83 View Post

I've also been e-mailing a few homebirth midwives and trying to get contact info for more.  Lay midwives cannot be licensed in Kentucky, and so its basically illegal for them to practice.  You have to find them by word of mouth, so I'm working on it. 

I hope you manage to find one that fits with you! I have a sort of similar situation. Finland is one of the few European countries where homebirth is alegal - it's not legal or illegal, it just technically doesn't exist. Midwives are free to attend homebirths but very few do so. It's definitely a word of mouth situation and since there are about 10 homebirths a year it's not that easy to just ask around either. I decided to put the whole situation off until January when I get back here - with the prenatal clinic and trying to line up a hb midwife on the side it's just sort of stressful.

On a lighter note, earth-mama homemade mac and cheese sounds incredible. I've never actually had it but looked at recipes and pictures and it sounds like just what I want right now.

Mamalimey, how did your ultrasound go?

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:32 AM

Hi everyone and welcome crunchybug and jillybeans!  I'm busy today scouring old threads in tribal areas for VBA2C info, so not much time for anything else, but thought I'd pop in and say hi.  I called the OB I am interested in yesterday and will probably at least start with them, but I was very offput with their "must have blood test to confirm pregnancy before you even make an appointment" stance.  I had never run into that before, and I am with you, openpollination, I am deathly afraid of needles, so adding yet another blood test on just to confirm pregnancy made me very upset, to say the least.  I will do it if they are my best option, but I'm trying to find someone that will let me try VBA2C without fuss (which I know doesn't exist - sigh). 

Professional Lurker kewl.gif. Married to my highschool sweetheart, "D" partners.gif. Mom to DS1 "G" (Sept. '04) blahblah.gif  , DS2 "W" (April '08) bouncy.gif , and ???? (August '11) 1sttri.gif
Old 12-14-2010, 10:50 AM

Good luck with your VBAC, nuggets mommy! I hope you find someone who will work with you.

Ursusarctos, that's cute that you've never had mac and cheese!  It's so good, super comforting and tasty.  You can mix broccoli or peas in it to make it "healthy" too. 

I"m doing pretty much the same over here, still tired, not nauseous but not exactly 100% either.  I'm really wondering what it will be like for my daughter when the baby is born.  I know she'll be a great big sister, but don't know if she'll have a hard time with the transition.  Good thing we have 9 more months!

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
Old 12-14-2010, 11:50 AM

I've been enjoying everyone's updates, just too busy/tired to post.  mamalimey - I had a miscarriage dream the other night also, and have been thinking about it ever since.  I never worried about it with DD, so I don't know if subconciously I think there's something wrong, or I just am more aware of all that can happen this time around. 

Is anyone else having leg cramps?  They're not bad yet, but I'm surprised they've started so early.  Does anyone know any tricks to prevent them?

It's really hard to focus at work.  I just want to think about having a baby.....

Old 12-14-2010, 12:39 PM

Hi everyone, I've been mostly lurking too, but thought I'd actually say hello. I'm 5w2d with my first right now and haven't told anyone except for DH and my doctor. I'm trying to decide when I want to tell people that I'm pg. Most people I know waited until 12 weeks, but I can't imagine waiting until the end of January! Maybe I'll tell my close friends sooner, but wait until 12w to tell everyone else.

So far my only symptoms are sore boobs (I may have to get a tighter sports bra for my workouts... ouch!) and lots of fatigue. I don't look forward to morning sickness, but I think when/if it hits I'll be trying all the stuff you all are recommending.

Like you, bookwormmommy, I can't seem to focus on work either. Hence the fact I'm on MDC right now!

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

Old 12-14-2010, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

I had my mw interview this morning and it went fantastic!  The homebirth bubble is pretty small around here in NJ, so she knew my previous mw and her back up mw is the woman who ran the childbirth class I took when I was pg with DD.  Small world.  I think that's neat.  That woman was in midwifery school then and is now a CPM, which I think is awesome.  I love when ppl achieve their goals!! 

Anyway I'm going to hire her.  I felt a good vibe, we are on the same wavelength.  I liked the answers she gave to the questions I had.  Whew.  Check one thing off the list.  

I'm still debating getting an early u/s.  I think I'm going to do it.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:35 PM

I'm sorry nugget'smommy, that sounds really stressful. I hope you find a more relaxed provider!

Welcome cat13!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie B. View Post

Ursusarctos, that's cute that you've never had mac and cheese!  It's so good, super comforting and tasty.  You can mix broccoli or peas in it to make it "healthy" too. 

Oh, I have had mac and cheese but only ever out of a box... homemade I have never had but it looks like a whole different animal! Btw I had ravioli for dinner in an attempt to hit the cheese and pasta spot, and it was good... but it wasn't creamy! Fettucine alfredo would be pretty good too. Anybody else craving the fat and carbs? Oh, does that mean anything for gender? ;) Like the citrus=boy thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Anyway I'm going to hire her.  I felt a good vibe, we are on the same wavelength.  I liked the answers she gave to the questions I had.  Whew.  Check one thing off the list.  

That's great! Congratulations!

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

I had my mw interview this morning and it went fantastic! 

Mine was last night and I felt really good about it, too. She was really open about our family situation and she listened to what I had to say about my first son's birth and was very supportive about the whole thing. I think that her style meshes well with how I'd like this next birth to go.

My first prenatal is set for week 9! 

Anyone else's midwife suggest a high protein nutrition plan?

DS 5yrs coolshine.gif DD 1.5 joy.gif Second mommy to 4 DD's jumpers.gif

Old 12-14-2010, 02:12 PM

Hey everybody!

@KnittingKara I'm going to be 7 weeks on friday and I haven't made an appt yet. I absolutely HATE doctors. They make me sooo anxious. :/ I am exciited to get an ultrasound though, so I should probably suck it up and set something up.

@bookwormommy I started having leg cramps a couple days ago in my sleep. Weird.

As for everything else. I've had a little morning sickness, been very tired, and my boobs are sore. I usually LOVE pasta, but lately not so much. I've been craving sour stuff too. yummy.

Riley, 21 Photographer Mom to Lilah Mae (8/13/11)
Old 12-14-2010, 02:47 PM

Babycakes, that's great that you clicked with your MW so well. I'm meeting with a MW tomorrow morning and I hope it goes well, because there are not many options for my area. Fingers crossed!

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

Old 12-14-2010, 08:13 PM

Woooooo hoooooo........

Dear ladies of Aug 2010 DDC,
I am the proud owner of a healthy kidney bean with a strong healthy heart beat of 144!!!! Phew everything looked great. Soooooo relieved hopefully now the nightmares will stop and I can get some proper sleep!

On another positive note, thought I would share that VIT B6 has really helped my morning sickness ( suggested by my OB) 50 mgs daily, no more. Have taken it for 3 days and haven't had morning/all day sickness in 2 days joy.gif

I'm taking myself of to bed at a ridiculously early to relax in my early cautious happiness.

Hugs all around ladies

Very excited first time mama to be (due 1-2nd august).....together with nervous first time daddy and love of my life. Computer challenged and still hasn't figured out how to get tickers and smily faces in my signature LOL http://lbdm.lilypie.com/35Oz.png
Old 12-14-2010, 10:01 PM

RileyAnn - I know how you feel! I'm 7w1d today and I've yet to call the doctor... I wonder if I can request an ultrasound BEFORE a blood test, because I would be much more mentally prepared for giving blood if I knew there was a GOOD reason!

mamalimey - Congrats!!! That kind of reassurance is wonderful.

Today was a good food day! I feel so much better if I eat something (preferably high fat or protein) every few hours. At Costco today the sample woman was handing out basil parmesan chicken meatballs and it was like a godsend. I love knowing that there are precooked and organic snacks that are ready to eat essentially any time. I've been trying to keep peanut butter, apples, rice cakes, butter, yogurt and raw milk handy at all times so if I need *something* in my stomach I have healthy choices.

Old 12-14-2010, 10:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi girls!  Glad to hear everyone is tired and talking to midwives orngbiggrin.gif

DH and I interviewed a MW 2 weeks ago and have our first appt with her Jan 17.  I'll be 12 weeks then.  It seems so far away!  Someone asked about DHs going to appts; my DH went with me to all of them when I was pregnant with DS.  I liked that he was involved with the prenatal care, and that he was getting to know the MW as well.  He'll go with me to all of them this time too; I feel it's esp important since we're planning a HB. 

Where do you get preggo pops?  I've never tried one, but they sound great.  I'm not really sick per se, but I feel icky now and then.  And hungry.  For heavy, dense, carb-y food.  I feel like I've gained 10 pounds already greensad.gif

Re: leg cramps, I've heard calmag really helps.  I've been taking 2/day for a year now, and haven't had any leg cramps yet.  I remember them waking me up when I was preg with DS, but I can't remember if it was this early.  I also had a lot of restless leg syndrome with him and it was TORTURE, I wonder if calmag helps with that too?  I've also noticed that taking the calmag does not make me sick like PNV.  They are very easy to take.  Hope that helps!

I am so dang tired.  I feel like a broken record. All I say is "I'm so tired".  Poor DS!  I told him I was tired the other day, and he said to me "because of that baby in your belly?"  lol.gif  Poor kid, I think he's already feeling some sibling rivalry!  Anyway, so tired.  I'm working tonight and didn't get a nap today.  I'll be awake for 25 hours by the time I get to bed.  t i r e d.

I also worry about how this will affect DS.  He is SUCH a mama's boy.  We are such a team, my boy and me.  We have something really special; I know it sounds silly to say, but we are really really close.  I cry thinking about our time getting divided.  He's my pumpkin pie, my baby, how can I take this away from him?  And how can I provide it for another?  OK, I'm getting really emotional now.  I just keep telling myself that I'm giving him a huge gift.  And I hold him extra tight these days.

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
Old 12-15-2010, 06:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper.kettle View Post

I also worry about how this will affect DS.  He is SUCH a mama's boy.  We are such a team, my boy and me.  We have something really special; I know it sounds silly to say, but we are really really close.  I cry thinking about our time getting divided.  He's my pumpkin pie, my baby, how can I take this away from him?  And how can I provide it for another?  OK, I'm getting really emotional now.  I just keep telling myself that I'm giving him a huge gift.  And I hold him extra tight these days.

I could have written this!!  I look at DD differently these days, like our days together, just me and my bubba, are numbered. Ugh, this is going to be much harder than I anticipated.  For both of us!  We do everything together and it's really going to cramp her style to have to share me.  And I'm going to miss her.  I'm thankful we have many months to get used to the idea and we'll explain to her that she can help when the new baby comes.  I just didn't even really think about these things -- I only saw giving her a sibling as a blessing.  I have to focus on that, because it's true.  She'll have a built in playmate, someone to grow with and learn with, someone to teach things too.  It gets me thru! 

Oh - and I got the pops at babies r us!  They have a whole section of pg stuff - tea, pops, vitamins, etc.  Its worth a look.

Old 12-15-2010, 07:40 AM

Well I had an interesting appointment at a clinic yesterday.  They think that I am nine weeks along already...which would make my due date July 19th.  I always go about three weeks over though so I would stay in this DDC if that's ok with everyone. 

I go in this morning for an ultrasound.  After the miscarriage last June, I really need one for peace of mind.  Plus I'd like to know how pregnant I am.  In my luck though I'll only be like three weeks along lol.  I will update when it's done.  :)

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

Old 12-15-2010, 08:35 AM

Wow do I have some catching up to do.

Babycakes - with your DD's YI, is she on probiotics? I would suggest that to speed up her recovery. Sorry she's in pain :(  I am glad though that your MW appt went so well, yay! Its so good to feel the MW warm and fuzzies

karalynnskies  - welcome, and its so cute how happy you are

nugget's mommy - glad I am not the only one in the mild symptom club.  Good for you for starting your VBA2C research so early.  I would be put off by the blood test thing too

Birdie B - hopefully by the time classes start, you'll be on the other side of this feeling yuck.

KnittingKara - do you have an ipod or iphone? I just downloaded some great toddler apps and they are wonderful for what my friend coined "couch parenting"

mkat83 - I say bring DH, its fun, plus he can have a comparative for care standards if you end up wanting to go the HB route

ursusarctos - the fact that you haven't had mac n cheese, especially our horrid but quite yummy fromt he blue box kind, is adorable.  You don't know the chemical mess of deliciousness you are missing.  In some ways, I think CNM care in the hospital is GREAT, but I guess I can see how Finland's policy has the mum's missing out on the connection and trust with a MW.  I am sure there are stalled labors and interventions because things aren't clicking or comfy between them.

bookwormommy - I second cal mag for the leg cramps.  Natural Calm from Whole Foods will do the trick.

Miranda2r14 - I am glad you found your MW too, yay! Mine doesn't want necessarily high protein, just making sure I get it consistently

mamalimey - I am so glad everything looks great. Yay!  Thanks for the tip on the B6, with my lacking M/S I was wondering if my Thorne's B was enough, its only 10mg of B6 but maybe it is enough to keep is minimal for me. 

copper.kettle - I know, with DS, down in our play room, its always "Get me get me".  He wants to run around and me chase him, and I just want to sit and read books.  These poor guys, it will be better in the spring when we feel better and they can run ragged outside.

CrazyCatLady - is that 2 weeks later than what you were thinking?  GL with this morning's US.

AFM, I met with the HB MW I was wanting to go with last Thurs but had some reservations going in (you can see my post on the HB group), but walking out of there after a 90min+ chat I felt so comfortable in her care, so I am going ahead with her.  OMG, I am actually having a homebirth!!!! I am so excited and happy about it.  My symptoms have been waining, obviously anxiety inducing and I can't take my own advice on the subject. 7 weeks today and I have to wait 4 more to hear the HB.  I have the creamy undies (sorry TMI), bigger boobs, and some back soreness, but the M/S from the past two weeks is gone.  I want it back! I know I'll regret that, but maybe I am just on top of the eating enough to prevent it.  Like you all, I can echo the sentiments with loosing the 1-1 with DS.  With how rough his 1st year was, we got so close and I am so in tuned with him.  Because it was so rough, its just now that I am really getting to enjoy mothering him with out all the medical stuff in the way, its under control enough now to not be the major focus anymore, and I am LOVING IT.  I really wonder what #2 will do to our relationship, even if a sibling is a gift he can't understand until he's older. I got down all the baby clothes from the attic and am sorting and reorganizing, (and selling the ugly crap).  So EMO to see my favorite outfit I first bought for Chase that says " I like trucks and dirt" and another little boy may wear it or I may be selling all these preppy cute things come spring. 

Erin photosmile2.gif  treehugger.gif, DH jammin.gif ,  Mumma to Chase 7/08 superhero.gif and babyf.gif Griff 3/13

MTHFR C677T Homozygous, M/C 2/07 @ 6wks, 12/10 @8wks, 10/11@7wks, 2/12 @4wks.... 

Old 12-15-2010, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Beantown - I have DD eating yogurt but I think it would be better for her to have probiotics.  There's so much sugar in the yogurt that I think it's counterproductive.  I'm going to look into it, thanks!!

Oh, I wanted to tell u guys, my midwife gave me a few days worth of samples of floradix to help with my fatigue.  I'll let you guys know if I think it's helping.

User Tag List