Mothering Forum banner

low grade fever

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  karalynnskies 
#1 ·
Today is the first day I have really been nauseated. I have been just laying around all day not feeling very well. I kind of started feeling feverish so I took my temp and it was up to 99.5. I don't really feel like I am sick but maybe I am not experiencing morning sickness, maybe it is the flu. Is it normal for my temp to be up like this or should I call the dr?

#2 ·
My temp being elevated was part of the reason I thought I should take a pregnancy test. I wasn't charting or anything, but I recalled that a somewhat elevated temp can be a sign of pregnancy. I got 99.5 the night before I tested (and I am usually around 97.6). But if you are unsure due to other symptoms, it might not hurt to call your doctor to make sure nothing else is going on.

#3 ·
I'm not having chills or anything else flu related. Just horrible nausea. I just feel awful today and this is the first time I have felt like this. Everyone kept telling me it was coming so here it is I guess. I have been taking my temp on and off today and it has went down to around 99.1. It fluctuates a little but has never went over 99.5. I read that if it hits 100 then you should get a hold of your Dr. The slight rise could just be the fact that I am pregnant. I will keep monitoring it and if I feel any other flu symptoms such as sore throat, chills, etc I will get a hold of my provider.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.