Chat Thread! 12/22 - 12/31 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 53 Old 12-27-2010, 09:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We were married right at the end of 2006 in December!  Four year anniversary is this week, actually.  Need to go get DH something!!

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 53 Old 12-27-2010, 09:12 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

oh, hey, happy almost-anniversary!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#33 of 53 Old 12-27-2010, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter

Happy anniversaries!! Mine and DH's 5 year anniversary is in May.  We also got married in '06.  Hmm, wonder what we'll do.  I really wanted a babymoon but with needing a new car for me and paying for the homebirth, I don't think it's going to happen! 

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#34 of 53 Old 12-27-2010, 10:10 AM

Happy anniversary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Happy anniversaries!! Mine and DH's 5 year anniversary is in May.  We also got married in '06.  Hmm, wonder what we'll do.  I really wanted a babymoon but with needing a new car for me and paying for the homebirth, I don't think it's going to happen! 

We were married in '06 too! :) July '06.

treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

#35 of 53 Old 12-27-2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love4bob View Post

Oh!  July what?  We were the 30th.  orngbiggrin.gif

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#36 of 53 Old 12-27-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by love4bob View Post

Oh!  July what?  We were the 30th.  orngbiggrin.gif

The 8th! There are a lot of 2006 anniversaries on here!

treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

#37 of 53 Old 12-29-2010, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone!

Hope everyone is doing well.  I'm super tired and pukey but hanging in there!

AAM - Decided against the early u/s and canceled my appt with the OB today.  I actually called another mw and chatted with her -- and am going to meet with her next week. She is significantly less expensive and drives to my house for all prenatals -- and she was my first choice originally.  So, now I'm stuck b/c although I didn't sign anything with the first mw, I did tell her I liked her and  that I wanted to work with her, and made an appt with her for a prenatal, etc.  Always a hard conversation to have to tell someone you've decided to go with someone else.  But we'll see, maybe I won't choose the other mw after all.  Just keeping my options open.  Only 7w2d so I have time!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#38 of 53 Old 12-29-2010, 03:14 PM

I had my first MW appt. this morning and she was able to get the HB on the doppler!  I am 9.1 weeks.  That was nice to hear.

Now I am trying to figure out if I want to do prenatal screening for Downs or not.  I won't do amnio or CVS (we worked really hard for this pregnancy and I am not about to endanger anything), and wouldn't terminate regardless of the results (unless it's life-threatening for me).  So, on one hand it seems like I don't need any testing.  But, on the other hand I'd like to be prepared if something seems likely to be wrong.  I'd like to make sure I deliver in a good NICU hospital, and also prepare myself to parent a special needs child.  Ugh!  Decisions!!  Oh, and since I have a hematoma I need to get an ultrasound at 12 weeks anyway...so "invasiveness" isn't really an issue.

#39 of 53 Old 12-29-2010, 05:02 PM

carrie, I've had to tell someone no thanks before too....kind of awkward!

maurine: YAY for the hb!!!! I've never done prenatal testing before, but my bff just found out both she AND her husband are cystic fibrosis carriers...their little girl had a 25% chance of having CF now.   So I'm kind of freaked.  On one hand I'm "I've been fine three times before!" but the other side is...it's just bloodwork!

Called my m/w today.  She is the BEST!  I had her for both dd2 and dd3...we transferred w/ dd3 and she stayed with me there AND when we moved her to the NICU 2 hours away that night.  I LURVE her.  She's super excited. :)

and wow there ARE a lot of 2006 anniversaries!  We were July 2004, and we've been together almost 12 years this next summer.  HOLY cow, that seems like forever!  lol, getting close to that point where we've been together longer than we haven't!  He was my high school sweetie, are there any more of those on here?

So who else is having almost no symptoms?  I'm a bit tired, but we've got five little girls in the house right now.  Plus dd1 is sick.  I'm def. bloated because my once loose jeans are now having to be unbuttoned and bella banded! lol

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#40 of 53 Old 12-30-2010, 03:49 AM

Maurine, so glad you heard the heartbeat!!! joy.gif

I'm gonna be brief today because I've been down and under with the stomach flu the past few days. oooooooof. I ate a bowl of chicken soup last night, and though I suffered for hours it stayed down. This morning I had eggs, and so far so good. So now I'm sitting here finally having enough energy to think, and hoping that our babies are still growing strong and healthy after several days of deprivation. Hear that, little ones? Keep it up, you two!!! praying.gif

Remembering our 3 losses

#41 of 53 Old 12-30-2010, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

Maurine, so glad you heard the heartbeat!!! joy.gif

I'm gonna be brief today because I've been down and under with the stomach flu the past few days. oooooooof. I ate a bowl of chicken soup last night, and though I suffered for hours it stayed down. This morning I had eggs, and so far so good. So now I'm sitting here finally having enough energy to think, and hoping that our babies are still growing strong and healthy after several days of deprivation. Hear that, little ones? Keep it up, you two!!! praying.gif

Glad to hear that you're feeling better!  One good thing about the babes, they will sooner take from your reserves and stores of fat/energy/protein and leave you to suffer!  So, I am sure they felt just fine the past few days.  :)

#42 of 53 Old 12-30-2010, 11:10 AM

Yes, Maggie was fine after two similar bouts of the flu that caused me to lose weight the first trimester.  No stressing--you sound like you're doing well.  Just keep packing it in as much as you can.  Chicken soup is great for you right now.

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#43 of 53 Old 12-30-2010, 01:55 PM

Jillybean, I'm with you on the lack of symptoms. I'm run down, but I'm also trying to get over bronchitis...so I don't know if I really count being so tired as a preg issue. lol I'm putting on weight already...but I've been down with bronchitis almost a month, so the lack of activity is probably the real culprit.

There's something going on in my belly, though. I keep alternating between thinking it's cramps starting in and this whole preg thing is a giant misunderstanding, or something's wrong, or what my gut says...my reproductive system has basically been on standby for the last decade and is just grumbling a little as it warms up. ;) (Like when you leave a car sit too long!)

OMG the SMELLS, though! I can't take it! I have to spray air freshener ALL the time. I can't even use the bathroom in the RV because the septic smell (that no one else smells) makes me gag. Suddenly, the fridge has a horrible odor! And any food that comes out of it tastes like the fridge smells to me. Yuck! I'm making the family store everything we can in cabinets now and only buying small amounts of things so they won't go bad.

Don't even get me started about the space or bed in the RV. DH has started talking about taking out a loan to get a bigger one, even though we both HATE loans, because it's going to be so incredibly uncomfortable for me to be preg in this thing. I'm trying to find a way to just put the extra money into renovations instead. We could trick this thing out majorly for what it would cost to buy another one!

Affordable organics delivered from GREEN POLKADOT BOX

Wife to jammin.gif Beast 

Mama to guitar.gif Crash (14) and hippie.gifSpritely (12)

#44 of 53 Old 12-31-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post

carrie, I've had to tell someone no thanks before too....kind of awkward!

maurine: YAY for the hb!!!! I've never done prenatal testing before, but my bff just found out both she AND her husband are cystic fibrosis carriers...their little girl had a 25% chance of having CF now.   So I'm kind of freaked.  On one hand I'm "I've been fine three times before!" but the other side is...it's just bloodwork!

Called my m/w today.  She is the BEST!  I had her for both dd2 and dd3...we transferred w/ dd3 and she stayed with me there AND when we moved her to the NICU 2 hours away that night.  I LURVE her.  She's super excited. :)

and wow there ARE a lot of 2006 anniversaries!  We were July 2004, and we've been together almost 12 years this next summer.  HOLY cow, that seems like forever!  lol, getting close to that point where we've been together longer than we haven't!  He was my high school sweetie, are there any more of those on here?

So who else is having almost no symptoms?  I'm a bit tired, but we've got five little girls in the house right now.  Plus dd1 is sick.  I'm def. bloated because my once loose jeans are now having to be unbuttoned and bella banded! lol

DP and I are HS sweethearts. Well I was still in HS he graduated two years before me. We will have been together 15 years in Feb.  I'm also not having very many symptoms. Just a little nausea in the morning, but I had that before I was pg so I can't really blame it on the pregnancy.

#45 of 53 Old 12-31-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrigible View Post

OMG the SMELLS, though! I can't take it! I have to spray air freshener ALL the time. I can't even use the bathroom in the RV because the septic smell (that no one else smells) makes me gag. Suddenly, the fridge has a horrible odor! And any food that comes out of it tastes like the fridge smells to me. Yuck! I'm making the family store everything we can in cabinets now and only buying small amounts of things so they won't go bad.

I KNOW!!! Even things that *taste* good smell bad usually! It's brutal.

Lately I've been trying to practice more gratitude. We're in the middle of moving to our new house (renting) and I'm too sick/tired from the antibiotics to be of much help. I can pack, put the box on the dolly, and then unpack when they're brought into the new house but that's it. Last night I wiped down a bunch of furniture that will be moved today, but I'm totally useless in terms of actually moving objects. We have several friends who are going to come help us and I just feel so grateful for all these wonderful people in our lives.

We also managed to find a beautiful dining room table set, a steamer trunk for cords/mic stands (my husband is a musician, and rehearsal is in the house but we're trying to "hide" everything in plain sight so the house is more homey), an awesome dresser and giant bookshelf at a reuse center the past few days. Pretty much all of our furniture will come from this place! Everything is just working out so well and I feel much more calm about moving.

Now I just need to figure out what to eat for lunch and I'll be set! :)

#46 of 53 Old 12-31-2010, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

OMGGGG I'm so tired!!!  I just got home from work.  I don't know how you guys are doing it -- working full time.  I mean, I used to work full time, and when I was pg with DD I worked full time and I remember basically putting my head on my desk and dozing all the time.  

Well, today I had 3 facials and 4 wax clients -- and OMG a bikini wax from HELL!  And she showed up 40 min late!!  Ugh!  Normally I don't do bikini waxes but the regular wax lady was out so it got thrown to me.  It's not worth the commission!  I hate doing body waxing!!  UGH!

Anyway, I barely stayed awake thru the facials.  I even took my iron and ate a decent lunch thinking it would perk me up but I was just not in good shape.  At least it was just exhaustion.  No nausea, no weird tummy issues.  Just BEAT.  

Also DD had me up a few times last night so it didn't help matters that I started the day tired!

OP- I applaud you for doing THAT much with the moving!!  I can't even get laundry sorted and put away.  I'm SO BEAT.  I feel awful b/c DH has been doing my chores...it makes me feel so guilty.  Makes me realize the house really is going to pot.

Savah - DH and I are HS sweethearts too!!  We went to different high schools, but worked at the same movie theater when we were 17, and will have been together for 12 years this coming May. 

Tear - How are you feeling? All better I hope!

#47 of 53 Old 01-02-2011, 10:58 AM

Aw, more HS sweethearts. That sucks about being so tired at work. I don't blame you at all for not wanting to do body waxes, it is definitely not something I would enjoy doing either. And oh the tiredness has hit me, I took a nap yesterday and slept for 12 hours last night. 

#48 of 53 Old 01-02-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:

MUCH better, thank you! love.gif That was ROUGH. I'm mostly back to "normal" nausea and stuff. btw, I don't blame you for not wanting to do waxes either. eew! I think I'm getting the exhaustion now too: just in time for school to start up again tomorrow! upsidedown.gif

Remembering our 3 losses

#49 of 53 Old 01-02-2011, 11:26 PM

Okay, this it totally off topic, but I must know.  What makes a bikini wax a bikini wax from hell???  Lots of hair?  Fussy client?  Are all bikini waxes awful?  I'm seriously curious over here (having never had courage nor money to try it myself redface.gif)

Quote:

OMGGGG I'm so tired!!!  I just got home from work.  I don't know how you guys are doing it -- working full time.  I mean, I used to work full time, and when I was pg with DD I worked full time and I remember basically putting my head on my desk and dozing all the time.  

Well, today I had 3 facials and 4 wax clients -- and OMG a bikini wax from HELL!  And she showed up 40 min late!!  Ugh!  Normally I don't do bikini waxes but the regular wax lady was out so it got thrown to me.  It's not worth the commission!  I hate doing body waxing!!  UGH!

Anyway, I barely stayed awake thru the facials.  I even took my iron and ate a decent lunch thinking it would perk me up but I was just not in good shape.  At least it was just exhaustion.  No nausea, no weird tummy issues.  Just BEAT.  

Also DD had me up a few times last night so it didn't help matters that I started the day tired!

OP- I applaud you for doing THAT much with the moving!!  I can't even get laundry sorted and put away.  I'm SO BEAT.  I feel awful b/c DH has been doing my chores...it makes me feel so guilty.  Makes me realize the house really is going to pot.

Savah - DH and I are HS sweethearts too!!  We went to different high schools, but worked at the same movie theater when we were 17, and will have been together for 12 years this coming May. 

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#50 of 53 Old 01-03-2011, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlyle View Post

Okay, this it totally off topic, but I must know.  What makes a bikini wax a bikini wax from hell???  Lots of hair?  Fussy client?  Are all bikini waxes awful?  I'm seriously curious over here (having never had courage nor money to try it myself redface.gif)

Haha!  No, all bikini waxes are NOT awful! This particular woman was very VERY hairy, the hair was very coarse, it was the end of the day after she'd been on a plane for 12 hours, and she SMELLED.  I'm nauseous to begin with and I had to breathe thru my mouth so I didn't gag.  

By comparison, a good bikini wax might be someone who waxes often or keeps the hair trimmed to a reasonable length, has a line already defined from previous waxes and BATHES before coming in!!  I would say the most important thing for me is hygiene!!

LOL, guys!!  Sorry if it grosses you out!!  It grossed me out hardcore!!

#51 of 53 Old 01-03-2011, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I just about died, or rather my bladder did. I was just stuck at a place for over 3 hours where the pipes had froze so no bathroom. Not cool when I am still peeing every 5 minutes. 

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#52 of 53 Old 01-03-2011, 02:20 PM

oh man that's torture peony! 

Carrie:   GROSS!  I have NO desire to EVER wax another woman's crotch, let alone a stinky one!  And I'd NEVER go in without sanitizing the area first! lol, kudos to you?

I couldn't get my u/s rescheduled, bummer!  So Friday it is!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#53 of 53 Old 01-03-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:

Haha!  No, all bikini waxes are NOT awful! This particular woman was very VERY hairy, the hair was very coarse, it was the end of the day after she'd been on a plane for 12 hours, and she SMELLED.  I'm nauseous to begin with and I had to breathe thru my mouth so I didn't gag.  

By comparison, a good bikini wax might be someone who waxes often or keeps the hair trimmed to a reasonable length, has a line already defined from previous waxes and BATHES before coming in!!  I would say the most important thing for me is hygiene!!

LOL, guys!!  Sorry if it grosses you out!!  It grossed me out hardcore!!

OMG....I can't believe she came in in that state! The times when I've had them done I made sure to shower thoroughly right before. I mean, EW!!! Poor you!

jillybeans, good luck Friday!

Remembering our 3 losses

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page