Chat Thread! 12/22 - 12/31 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 53 Old 12-22-2010, 06:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey ladies!  Another week, another chat thread!

AFM- So, it happened.  I woke up this morning at 5 am, and felt it coming.  UGHHGH.  I tried to stave it off, but I couldn't -- I puked for the first time.  I didn't throw up at all with Nora, just had nausea and some dry heaves that were awful but never actually threw up.  This....this was horrible.  Though, I did feel better immediately afterward and nibbled an odwalla bar.  Ugh.  This part of pg blows!!  Anyone else want to suffer with me?

How is everyone doing?  I know a lot of us are busy with Christmas this weekend.  I'm nervous to tell family but I have no choice at this point!! I feel horrible!! eyesroll.gif

Chat away!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#2 of 53 Old 12-22-2010, 07:13 AM

Baby Cakes I'm sorry you had a rough morning! I keep thinking my nausea is going to get worse and I will eventually be throwing up as well. Part of me loves that I am only slightly nauseous at times but it also makes me nervous. I feel like if I had some extreme nausea maybe I wouldn't worry as much. But then again I would probably be complaining about the extreme nausea...

I am still having SUPER sore breasts and sleeping pretty much constantly. It has been nice since I am on Christmas break from school and I don't work so I can sleep as much as I want orngbiggrin.gif

I believe we are going to tell my husbands family on christmas eve. I really thought about waiting but this being our first I just don't think I can hold it in any longer! I am 6 weeks today and I feel nervous about sharing the news but I can't think negatively and I am sure everything is going to be just fine. I of course told my parents and siblings as soon as we found out! We are all so close and they knew we were trying, I just couldn't hold it in. So dh feels like his family should know too. I agree with him but I am still just a little bit nervous to share the news with everyone.

I hope everyone is having a good week and feeling well. Can't wait to hear everyone's updates

Wife to N for 6 years, mama to jog.gif Jude 08/11, angel.gif 03/13, angel1.gif 09/13
#3 of 53 Old 12-22-2010, 07:35 AM

I am so nervous about morning sickness.  I had severe HG with my first and third.  I spent the majority of the last pregnancy in the hospital.  I only gained six pounds the entire pregnancy.  I was fine with my second though and hoping for the same this time.  I have had a few bouts of ick, but nothing terrible yet *knock on wood*.  Normally I would be violently ill by now...so maybe I lucked out again this time?  I really hope so because between being a single mom, homeschooling my dd, work, and school...I am too busy to deal with much morning sickness. 

I'm a nanny and working 13 hour days this week.  I'm exhausted and just want the week to end so I can get some sleep.  My boobs are killing me and it's weird cause they never really hurt during my other pregnancies.  At least we celebrate Yule, so my holiday obligations are already over.

Hope everyone feels good (as good as possible anyways) and has a great week.  :)

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#4 of 53 Old 12-22-2010, 07:55 AM

I'm so sorry for all you sick mamas! I'm not feeling great, but a little better than last week. Not so nauseous, and am sleeping better. I'm still scarfing down pickles like crazy though. And wow, dealing with a toddler while pregnant is HARD!

I am also excited to tell my parents. We'll be seeing them tomorrow night at the airport, and Meadow will be in her big sister t-shirt.  I can't wait! love.gif

I might not be around much this week, but Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to everyone. How wonderful to be pregnant at Christmas!

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
#5 of 53 Old 12-22-2010, 08:04 AM

babycakes:  UGH!  Don't tell me that!!! I almost puked last night...for some reason mine is worse at night.  I have a feeling it is going to be BAD this time.  I lucked out with my other five pregnancies!!

Karalynn, I kind of feel the same way about telling people...I want to wait a bit but the family will be together and all... And HOORAY for sleep!  SO jealous! lol

Crazycat:  Let's hope you don't get it that bad this time!  And I remember when i was nannying...oh my lord I was TIRED the first trimester.  I remember coaxing the little guy I was watching at the time to take naps like four times a day. lol!

AFM:  I *almost* threw up last night.  We were pulling in from being in town for a while (30min drive one way) and I had to RUN in the house and hug the toilet and count myself down.  I don't know how I'll survive!  I HATE throwing up!  I'm one of those that will do absolutely anything to avoid it!

And I'm already starting to bust out of my pants.  The bloat this time is really bad.  I suppose it's because it'll be the fifth time I'm showing, but DANG.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#6 of 53 Old 12-22-2010, 08:08 AM

I also wanted to add really quick: I have an appointment with my midwife the second week of Jan, and we were fighting with insurance to get it covered (she will accept my ins. but is not a preferred provider, so they didn't want to cover it :() She did some quick talking and wrote a letter, and told me yesterday that they have authorized it! Woo-hoo!!

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
#7 of 53 Old 12-22-2010, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie B. View Post
And wow, dealing with a toddler while pregnant is HARD!

yeahthat.gif

Lately we've been having a lot of days where we're in jammies all day long watching movies.  And my fuse is SO SHORT.  Ugh.  I've had to do the deep breathing/counting down thing so I don't explode at this poor girl.  

Thanks for all the commiseration, ladies.  I hope the next few weeks go by quickly!!  I'm ready to be done with this stage!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#8 of 53 Old 12-22-2010, 08:55 AM

I remember the toddler thing while pregnant.  It was so hard and that was my "easy" pregnancy.

Now I have a one year old, two six year olds, and sometimes a four year old here during the days.  It's exhausting and we actually watch some tv now (I never used to allow it).  But at least at the end of the day most of them go home!  Knowing that makes the days seem more tolerable.  And my fuse is short and cranky too.

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#9 of 53 Old 12-22-2010, 09:05 AM

Right there with you on the vomiting .... not the most fun ever.  I don't feel nauseous until seconds before, which is a good thing:  I've had pregnancies in the past where I felt like my stomach was turning constantly.  But, throwing up a couple of times a day is physically exhausting.  And I don't need anymore exhaustion, I already feel like I'm moving through jello  sleeping.gif

This week my dh is working 12 hour days right up until Christmas.  I'm thankful we're having a very simple holiday, because I'm just too tired to do much more than I already am and I miss having that second pair of hands around to help.  However, the flip side is that all that OT should make for some nice January paychecks, so I'm not complaining at all!

My appetite is pretty low, too.  Been trying to each lots of spinach salads w/ walnuts as that seems to be something that sounds good right now and I know is good for me.  And cantaloupe.  That is really hitting the spot these days!  Even Christmas cookies don't sound good to me this week, and that is definitely not like me this time of year!  My birthday was on Sunday and I didn't even want any cake.  All sweets just seem so .... sweet.  LOL

We're telling my family on Sunday, our family's Christmas party at my parents.  I think everyone will be pretty happy for us and my sister will be there with her new baby, so it is nice to have so many blessings to celebrate.  I'm still not exactly sure how we're going to tell though. 

Would you believe I still haven't called my Dr's office?  Bad, Kara!  hide.gif   I love my Dr., but I know they won't have me come in until January anyway, so I haven't felt in a big hurry. 

Hope everyone is having a good week!   Thanks for starting this thread Carrie!

knit.gifKara~ Rockin' Granola wife to Christopher and mama to J (Nov. '01), M (June '06), L (May '08) and stork-girl.gif (edd 8/3/11)
2011:  a year to Make Do, Do Without, or Do It Ourselves 
#10 of 53 Old 12-22-2010, 09:51 AM

I'm sorry to hear most everyone is still feeling rough! I am with ya, though. My boobs are so sore, especially when ds nurses. Ow! Ow! Ow! I only feel nauseous if I wait too long to eat. If I eat semi-constantly I am fine. I have already gained 4 lbs and I am only 6.5 weeks! I am so stressed about that. I lost over 60 lbs earlier this year and have managed to keep it off. This weight gain is so hard to deal with after trying to avoid it for so long!

I am terribly bloated. I was planning on waiting until 10 or 12 weeks to tell people about the pregnancy, but my belly is so big already that I am thinking that people are going to suspect anyway. Do you think I should just tell everyone at Christmas? WWYD in my case, ladies?

Jen, music nerd mama to two kiddos with one more on the way in August 2011!
#11 of 53 Old 12-22-2010, 10:23 AM

KnittingKara - I haven't called my doctor's office, either! I'm 8w2d but I have NO desire to get my blood drawn, so I'm waiting as long as possible.

I thought I was beginning to feel better now that I'm in my 8th week, but yesterday was awful. I was cranky, sore, extremely tired, very hungry, dehydrated and just generally feeling terrible. I slept in the car while my husband helped our friends move into their new place, but they know I'm pregnant so they said I had an honorary "supervisor" role :)

My husband and I put in a rental application to an ADORABLE 1930 home in the foothills. It has a cute yard, STORAGE (oh my god), and a garage. Moving in my first trimester wouldn't be fun, but we've accumulated a lot of moving favors from other people so I have no doubt we'd have 5-10 friends coming over to help us. I'm praying that it works out, because I would love to move there  - it seems like a house that we could raise our child in. It's also farther away from the freeway, but closer to a different freeway (one that doesn't have trucks on it, though) that would make it easier for my husband to go to work. If you could think of us I'd be very grateful!

Is anyone else starting to think of things to make for the baby? I'm currently knitting this laceweight silk blanket in this lovely peach/tangerine/soft pink to drape over the pram my parents had when I was a baby - it's from England, and while I'll probably never take it out of the house, it will be an awesome (free!) safe spot for the baby to sleep when not in our bed. I'm also planning on cloth diapering, so soakers, longies, etc are on the to knit list. I want to sew a bunch of shirts, pants, and probably a coat or two, as well. My goal is to have more than 60% of the wardrobe be handmade!

#12 of 53 Old 12-22-2010, 11:31 AM

I hope the morning sickness goes away soon for all of you!  I've had a few days where I've had some nausea, but mostly I'm just exhausted and peeing more often.  I took a two hour nap earlier.  It's really nice being pregnant with 7 & 5 year olds because they can entertain themselves!  Being pregnant with a toddler was hard; Nik was 21 months old when Nate was born. 

I made my first appointment for January 28th.  I swear I'm feeling movement, so I may have to hop due date clubs.  My last two periods were very light and short and my mother had her period for a couple of months into two of her pregnancies.  I tried to tell the receptionist that I think I'm farther along than it seems, but she just said, "So your last menstrual period began on November 18th?"   I'm seeing a different doctor than I saw with the boys, which makes me a little nervous.  I hope the doc is a little more with it than the receptionist was!  lol  I'm teasing, that was the absolute soonest appointment that she had.  We'll be closer to home with this new doctor, which will be nice for appointments and for the ride to the hospital while in labor.  Another MDC friend recommended him, and I wasn't entirely happy with my last doc.  (Well, I was, but he seemed nervous when I didn't deliver the placenta in what he felt was a reasonable time.  I can't remember how long it was, but I know it wasn't very long.  After all of the reading I have done, I knew that it was not time to worry about a retained placenta.  He told me that only two things make him nervous after all of the things he has seen delivering babies.....true knots, and Nate had one, and retained placentas.  I worry that he might be more intervention-happy than I thought.  They don't take our current insurance anyway, so the decision was taken away from me.)

We're having my family over for Christmas and my house is a disaster.  I planned to make fudge two days ago, still haven't found the energy to do that.  Thankfully our holiday meal is french dip sandwiches (the roast will cook in the crockpot) and other easy things.  I know my husband will help me get things cleaned up on Christmas Eve, but he's been working so hard that I wish I could have it all ready so he could just take the entire day off to relax.  I get myself motivated, do a couple of things, and then collapse on the couch.  It is not getting clean very fast, and the kids aren't quite big enough to be really helpful.  Nate dusted, though, that's his favorite job.  If only Nik could clean the guinea pig cage for me.  I guess I should go tackle unloading the dishwasher and reloading.  Marc is taking us out for dinner if I feel up to it and I still haven't showered.  I really need to get moving.

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (10) and Nathaniel (9) and Olivia (3).
#13 of 53 Old 12-22-2010, 01:49 PM

Hi ladies!

Sorry so many of you are feeling so yucky.  I'm still not feeling too badly in that department, and as it is it's hard to take care of a toddler just with the fatigue and crankiness.  I can't imagine trying to be patient etc with DS and feeling really sick!  That must be so hard!

AFM, I think my days of buttoning my jeans are officially over.  I got 2 bella bands in the mail today and I am IN LOVE!  I can't believe how awesome my pants feel again!  And is it weird that wearing one makes me feel kind of pretty?  What a dork I am!  I haven't gotten on the scale since before I was pregnant, but I'm sure I've gained weight.  I feel like I'm as big as I was at 16 weeks last time.  It might be almost time for a belly thread!  YAY!

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
#14 of 53 Old 12-22-2010, 05:36 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm gonna jump in here and say hi.  I'm feeling extremely quiet, and I know it's because of our previous losses and that it took freaking forever to get where we are, but I am thinking positive and believing in our little munchkins.  I wanted to pipe up and say that you ladies feeling nauseous HAVE to go get sea bands.  you can get them at your local pharmacy, they go on your wrists, and they totally help with nausea.  The only unfortunately side effect is that my students are starting to ask why I'm wearing them.  uh-oh.  I'm totally not ready to tell them.  We'll be 8 weeks tomorrow hopefully, and I want to try to hold out until at least 12 weeks.  I have no idea when I'll start to show, but we have two little ones in there competing for a growing contest, and my pants are starting to feel tight.  We got to see them yesterday, which is just the best thing.  We have to wait another 2+ weeks to peek in there again.  Sending holiday cheer and SLEEP vibes to everybody! orngbiggrin.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#15 of 53 Old 12-24-2010, 11:59 AM

Merry Christmas Eve biggrinbounce.gif

I just came "out" on Facebook, now it REALLY feels official, LOL!!

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
#16 of 53 Old 12-24-2010, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Merry Christmas Eve!!

OMG you did the fb announcement?!  It must be awesome to have everyone in the know!!  I'm just shy of 7 weeks and we still haven't told anyone.  Tomorrow that will change -- we're telling family.  I can't wait to announce on FB though!! 

My MIL (we are good friends) texted me twice this week telling me she got my favorite wine for christmas and that she just went on an extra wine run. Oh goodness.  Part of me feels bad but this other part of me knows she is going to be thrilled when we tell her.  It sucks that I'm known so much for my love of wine -- there's no way to hide this secret!! LOL!!

#17 of 53 Old 12-24-2010, 03:52 PM

Haha, my affinity for wine was why we told everyone at 4w, lol!  The family came over for a football game, and everyone enjoys some wine or beer during those get togethers, so they were all going to know anyway ROTFLMAO.gif  I'll be 9 weeks tomorrow, and I've been dying to tell on FB.  I have a birthson who is 12, and his adoptive dad is my friend on FB.  They were the last ones I had to tell in person, I really didn't want them to find out on FB, kwim?  Anyway, I'm rambling now, but it was so fun!  I keep checking to see how many comments I've gotten, tee hee bag.gif

#18 of 53 Old 12-24-2010, 07:50 PM

Well, we told both sides of the family today and everyone is pretty excited! joy.gif

And I think it's starting to sink in for me. If I stand up too quickly I get dizzy. Late in the day my jeans are tight and I want to change into my yoga pants. And I *almost* threw up while changing a poopy diaper tonight. That's not normal! LOL

I can't wait for our sono on Monday!

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#19 of 53 Old 12-25-2010, 08:57 AM

How exciting for everyone who has told their families!! All of our families and friends know now too. I was going to try to wait and tell everyone but this is our first and we have waited for this forever! We just couldn't hold it in anymore! Plus it being Christmas made it even harder not to tell.

I hope you all are having an awesome Christmas! This year I am exhausted and napped at both families houses. I kind of felt bad but now that everyone knows they were ok with it :)

I also had some shrimp cocktail yesterday and it was sooo good yummy.gif I am now wondering though if it is ok to eat that during pregnancy. I just feel like there are so many things I'm not suppose to have and I just don't know what half of them are. Is shrimp ok?

Wife to N for 6 years, mama to jog.gif Jude 08/11, angel.gif 03/13, angel1.gif 09/13
#20 of 53 Old 12-25-2010, 10:09 AM

Merry Christmas everyone...

I am still trying to get use to the idea of being pregnant. We were NOT trying and I am feeling overwhelmed, I am feeling that I can't do this again and I am scared.My DH is self employed and I have pretty much raised the little one on my own. My littlest is almost 3 and i really feel like I will be cheating her out of a great childhood having another one. My big kids are 17 and 15. 

Because of my age. 42. We will wait to tell anyone until I am tested to see if this baby is healthy. We have a history in our family of late bearing mothers. My grandma was 40 with her last, my aunt 43. So I think that everything should be ok but I want to be sure... I hope you know what I mean. 

GOSH am I soooo confused.

Sorry to you mamas that have been ttc for a long time if I sound ungrateful. It took me a long time with both my daughters to get my bfp so I know where you were when trying to ttc...

(((hugs))) to you all

#21 of 53 Old 12-25-2010, 11:47 AM

I have good news and bad news...

Bad news: On the 23rd I woke up to some extreme back pain so I went into the doctor for the first time. Turns out I have a kidney infection (ugh!) so now I'm on antibiotics which I strongly dislike. Also, the doctor on call was really short with me about not starting prenatal care yet... I have zero desire to use the hospital my insurance is linked to for prenatal care, nor do I want to birth with them. I'm already eating enough, taking my vitamins/supplements and exercising, so stop acting like I'm some negligent mother!

But the awesome news is that we got an ultrasound!!! We heard the heartbeat, got 2 pictures, and it was so amazing to really know that this is real. We're wrapping up the ultrasounds to present to my husband's family and his great aunt (who was like his mother) later today. I'm very excited :)

#22 of 53 Old 12-25-2010, 01:05 PM

Yay for the family announcements!  What a fantastic gift to give them all at Christmas :)

Jezzy, don't feel badly at all.  This will be my 3rd baby, but the first planned.  I totally know how it feels to be less than excited about being pregnant.  Heck, even with this planned one sometimes I think "man, what was I thinking?".  Hang in there, and feel free to vent whatever feelings you have hug2.gif

openpollination, OUCH!  Kidney infections are no fun!  Are the abx making you feel badly?  Or do you just dislike them in general?  I know you've been told this, but keep up with your fluids thumb.gif  And, have fun with your announcement!

AFM, yesterday and today were tough.  I ate too much Chinese food, which I'm sure did not help, but it's a Christmas Eve tradition.  So, I just went running and feel much much better.  Merry Christmas!

#23 of 53 Old 12-25-2010, 03:11 PM

Hiya girls :)

I keep on going back and forth between being super positive and stoked to being nervous and worried (history of loss).  I'm trying to be ridiculously positive.  Sort of willing it to happen.  Biochemically it can't be wrong, right?  It's the same reason I decided to tell everyone more or less right away.  Last time we only told a handful of people and when the loss came I didn't have that much support.  Seemed silly to mention the pg after the fact.  So we announced immediately.  I figure this way if something were to happen (and I'm hell bent that it WON'T) then I will have the support of the masses.  And presently I have a huge cheering section who has known the road we've come down to get here.

Heading out to the IL's in a few.  I really wish my ex's family would adopt my husband because I'd rather them be my inlaws than the ones I have. Not very kind people.  That's alright. I totally have a game plan.  If they start getting rude I'll just claim morning sickness and we'll go home ;)

I've totally been feeling all queasy and I'm a stomach sleeper so my owie boobs are making that difficult.  I totally stole my son's body pillow this morning and it is wonderful.  I honestly revel in all my sick feelings.  M/S makes me happy.  Yes it is lame, but it means my hormones are doing what they're supposed to.  My boobs being these melons-of-pain are another sign of the same.  Ask me again how I feel about all the symptoms in the 2nd trimester... I may act differently.. hehe.

BTW, HI KARA!   Kara is why I'm here.  I used to post on MDC all the time, back in the day.  I was sort of intimidated by the huge list of mamas here.  Pretty sad when I have social anxiety online.  So, Kara encouraged me to come anyhow.  Anyway.

Happy Holidays, all!

-=Johanna=-
  Mom to Marshall (06/00), wife to Brett, welcoming the new little one August 2014! joy.gif
#24 of 53 Old 12-25-2010, 05:35 PM

Welcome, Johanna!  It does take some getting used to a new group, even online, huh?  I am (was) a big poster in the TTC thread, and now there are so many new people to get to know!

Openpollination, so sorry to hear about the kidney infection,  Yikes!  But it's good that you caught it early.

Copper, I love Chinese food!  Mmmm....maybe that will be dinner tomorrow night?  Then again, I too can easily eat waaay too much of it...

Anyway, I've been quiet this past week.  We've been busy with Christmas and I only *just* found out that that we're really, truly pregnant (long story short, first ultrasound showed an empty sac but 6 days later all looked normal).  Nausea started last week, and I threw up yesterday.  But, in some ways, I welcome it!  I need all the assurance I can get that the little guy or gal is growing in there, healthy and strong!  Crazy, I know...wild.gif

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#25 of 53 Old 12-26-2010, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter

Not crazy!  I think we're all happy to be miserable in some ways!

I've been doing really well since the vomiting episode, and have been feeling pretty good.  Managing the ms takes some work and some thinking but I'll do whatever it takes not to throw up again.  Nibbling throughout the night really helps.  I was letting myself get way too hungry.

Christmas was wonderful.  DD (2) really understood everything and had so much fun opening her gifts from us and from my MIL/FIL.  We spent the entire day over there and, yes, told the news!  The second I said no to wine, the whole room went silent -- you could hear a pin drop.  I just said, "You guys will just have to save some for me to have...in about 9 months." My MIL cried and everyone was so happy for us!  Laughing, etc.  They were like, "As soon as you said no to wine, we knew!!!"  LOL!

Anyway, today is going to be spent indoors with DD playing with all her new toys, watching her new movies, and us watching snOMG that is about to hit our area.  I hope it's a good blizzard!!  I'm ready to see some snowww!!!

#26 of 53 Old 12-26-2010, 07:21 AM

Totally!  I am in Boston and we haven't really had any snow yet this year--very unusual!   I am sort of excited about this storm.

#27 of 53 Old 12-26-2010, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

We are just getting pounded with snow!!!  Good, b/c I'm not moving off the couch today.  I'm still in my jammies!!  DD and i have been just chilling all day, and it's so fun.  She's playing w/her new toys, we're watching lots of TV (hehe) and just hanging out.

The nausea came back a bit today, boo.  Was feeling so good for a few days, and still feeling decent, just a little averse to things and smells.  I think maybe I just overdid things yesterday and Friday.

My belly feels hugeeeee!!!

#28 of 53 Old 12-27-2010, 04:32 AM

BabyCakes, what a wonderful story with your in-laws!  I had a similar "outing" experience, but unfortunately at a neighborhood Xmas party where I did NOT want to share.    Within 30 seconds of arriving, we were offered drinks and I asked for just water.  My neighbor said "oh, and is there a REAAAASON for that?"  rolleyes.gif  I said, "yeah, I'm thirsty."  But he doesn't take the hint and says "oh, I just thoguht, y'know, maybe you're pregnant."  lol...I dodged the comment,so hopefully the neighborhood gossip train isn't whistling into the station as we speak.

btw, Maurine and BabyCakes, DH and I used to live in Jamaica Plain. Enjoy the snow!!!

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#29 of 53 Old 12-27-2010, 07:09 AM

Whoo hoo!  JP!  :)

I was outed at a holiday party, too!  My SIL came up to me and said "I think you're showing" and ((pat)) ((pat))-ted me on the tummy.  In front of 5 total strangers!  I was a little flustered and said "it's just fat."  It was sort of funny...everyone was dead silent.  You know, in that way where people know they aren't supposed to really react to a pregnancy that's too early, not sure if they should react or not.  Oh well...I'll never see them again!  :)

#30 of 53 Old 12-27-2010, 07:23 AM

lol...oh no!  Good thing it was in front of people you don't have to see again.  I definitely have a questionable bump too: is it fat?  is it organs?  is it uterus?  lol...  by the way, Maurine.  When in 2006 did you get married?  Hubby and I got married in July of 2006.  You're coming up on your 5-year anniversary, too!

Remembering our 3 losses

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page