Anyone else feel their uterus? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-26-2010, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone else feel their uterus yet? Mine is clearly above my pubic bone, and it seems a  little early.

Another sign that comes faster in subsequent pregnancies?

::: Just another WAHM using this forum to put off picking up toys and cleaning my house.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2010, 09:38 AM

I think so. I seriously couldnt believe my belly yesterday. I had to wear a big sweater to hide it since we havent told anyone yet. This is my second, but I am only 8 weeks! It is hard to the touch, not like my usual bloat. My husband thinks it's twins, but I think it's just because it's my second.

It'll be interesting to see how we progress. If I keep growing at this rate my belly will be huge!

Anyone else feeling this way?

Old 12-26-2010, 09:46 AM

Idk if this is just me, but when we dtd I can totally feel it.  It feels like a softball.  And it's really firm and hard after orgasm -- it's all coming back to me now.  Just that general feeling of awareness and that telltale hard bulge -- amazing that it's happening already.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 12-26-2010, 12:52 PM

I can fell mine and it's about the size of a grapefruit.  I'm 8 weeks today.  But this is my 5th baby so I guess it's to be expected!  I already have to unbutton my jeans or it feels terrible!  Good thing my whole family already knows we are expecting again because you could totally see that my belly is bigger.

Kristen treehugger.gif mama to Chris(15)eat.gif, Kaitlyn(10)blahblah.gif, TJ(8)sleepytime.gif and Natalie(5)thumbsuck.gif & Emily(2)diaper.gif

Old 12-27-2010, 08:15 AM

I don't think I can feel mine.  It's my first, so I might be slow to pop out.  It's supposed to be above the pubic bone, right?  There is something hard there, but I can't tell if that's my pubic bone or not!  :)  I am definitely showing though.  Just under my belly button I am huge!  Of course I know it's not the baby yet, but my organs are definitely getting pushed up.  It's especially bad at night after I eat.

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:38 AM

Okay, after reading this yesterday, I went home last night and tried to tell if I could feel mine. This is my second pregnancy (the first was a loss), but it's definitely there...

Moo.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:32 PM

Definitely. Maybe grapefruit size? It's super firm, especially when I have to pee. It changes a little through the day. I'm just starting to feel it when I lay on my belly.

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

Old 12-30-2010, 08:06 AM

DId anyone's stomach muscles bother them?  I am about 9 1/2 wks and off and on for a couple of weeks it feels like I've been doing sit ups (and I definitely haven't been).  It is strange.  Has anyone else had this or have an idea of what it is?  I read that it could be ab muscles pulling apart making room, but it seems to early?  This is my first pregnancy.

Danielle (29)reading.gif married to my best friend Lou guitar.gif since 9/10/10 stillheart.gif ,mama to Ada Adelleenergy.gif since 8/5/11, and expecting a new addition around 4/19/14 stork-boy.gif
Old 12-30-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yell View Post

DId anyone's stomach muscles bother them?  I am about 9 1/2 wks and off and on for a couple of weeks it feels like I've been doing sit ups (and I definitely haven't been).  It is strange.  Has anyone else had this or have an idea of what it is?  I read that it could be ab muscles pulling apart making room, but it seems to early?  This is my first pregnancy.

It's probably because they are getting ready to separate. I had the muscle separation right around 11 weeks when I was pregnant with my first.

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

User Tag List