So so tired - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 12-27-2010, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am 6 weeks this week and all the sudden so tired and so nauseous.  Anyone else feel like they have been hit by a ton of bricks?

Jenna in love with my DH Jon, loving our 2.5 year old, Caroline Tulip, and expecting another little one in August!
#2 of 24 Old 12-27-2010, 06:12 PM

I turned 6 weeks on Saturday and I am also exhausted! I haven't had much nausea, just little twinges here and there. But I could probably sleep all day. I've spent much of the past few days relaxed on the couch.

erika w/ds geek.gif(10.5), ddhearts.gif(8.5), dss sleepytime.gif(3.5)
Missing angel2.gif9/1/10 @ 15 weeks, and angel.gif2/14/11 @ 13 weeks
#3 of 24 Old 12-27-2010, 06:55 PM

I have always heard the six week mark is where things get icky for many people.  I always start feeling exhausted and sick just days after conception though. 

And I can relate to the exhaustion.  I was just texting my boyfriend and whining about how lazy I feel.  I have so much to do and zero energy to do any of it.  It really sucks.

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#4 of 24 Old 12-27-2010, 07:00 PM

Yes!  I remember being tired with my oldest, but I don't remember it being this bad!  Being at work is so hard, but I've been lucky to have 2 weeks off for Christmas break, so I've been taking naps and sleeping in a bit.  I'm 6w6d, today.

Wife to Bri, mom to G (8), R (6), I (5). Expecting #4 - 8.16.11
#5 of 24 Old 12-27-2010, 07:03 PM

Me too! I'm so tired and just plain LAZY! I've sat on the couch all day. My house is a disaster, and I need to start packing! We are moving in about 3 weeks, and I don't have a single box packed!

treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

#6 of 24 Old 12-27-2010, 07:09 PM

I napped for almost three hours today. whistling.gif

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#7 of 24 Old 12-27-2010, 08:51 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I'm only 5ish weeks and have felt like crap for about 2 weeks now. The nausea comes and goes, the big issues are vertigo and being soo tired. My toddler has been refusing to sleep at night which means I am up with him, have to get up with the other kids, and then no change of a nap in this house. 

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#8 of 24 Old 12-28-2010, 06:31 AM

Exhaustion is the only major symptom that I have.  I have sore breasts intermittently, and I've felt nauseated for a couple of days, but the exhaustion may just destroy me.  My house needs a good cleaning after the holidays and I have so little energy.  I wake up and can manage to put in a load of laundry and unload/reload the dishwasher.  After that I'm pretty useless.  I've been sitting around watching stuff on Netflix, then taking an afternoon nap.  It's been great, but I homeschool my son and we're back to school next Monday.  I'm sure we'll be fine, but I wonder if I'll have the energy to keep up with the laundry and dishes, too!   And dinner!  We've had Christmas leftovers for a few days, but once they are gone I'll have to go back to figuring out what to cook or feeling guilty when my husband does the cooking for me. 

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (10) and Nathaniel (9) and Olivia (3).
#9 of 24 Old 12-28-2010, 07:43 AM

I've been tired since week 6...and I am 9 weeks today!  Yesterday I got off work early and came home and slept for 2 hours.  Could have slept for more, too!

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#10 of 24 Old 12-28-2010, 10:23 AM

Yep.  Same here.  I think I could sleep for a decade. 

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#11 of 24 Old 12-28-2010, 10:53 AM

I am 9 weeks tomorrow and the fatigue isn't letting up! I am so lazy, falling asleep constantly.

::: Just another WAHM using this forum to put off picking up toys and cleaning my house.
#12 of 24 Old 12-28-2010, 10:57 AM

You aren't being lazy, you're gestating. Looks a lot like sitting on your ass, only you get a baby at the end of it. =P

~Rose

#13 of 24 Old 12-28-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseRedHoofbeats View Post

You aren't being lazy, you're gestating. Looks a lot like sitting on your ass, only you get a baby at the end of it. =P

~Rose

yeahthat.gif

Remember, our bodies are working really hard (think running a marathon) while we're sitting on our asses!  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#14 of 24 Old 12-28-2010, 01:11 PM

It's true. As I keep nodding off today with my daughter, I explain I am building a placenta on the inside.

::: Just another WAHM using this forum to put off picking up toys and cleaning my house.
#15 of 24 Old 12-29-2010, 12:46 PM

I was really sick and exhausted for weeks 3-4, but it's disappeared (5.5 weeks now)  So I'm waiting for my bricks eagerly!  It'll probably hit next week if I go like I normally do.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#16 of 24 Old 01-03-2011, 04:05 PM

O. M. G. I am so tired today. I slept a solid 11 hours last night and I just CANNOT wake up today. My toddler is fortunately being cooperative and has been watching Scooby Doo while I doze, but HOLY CRAP I CANNOT STAY AWAKE. I'm so exhausted I can barely stand. It doesn't help that I'm going off my antidepressant either. ugggggh.

~Rose

#17 of 24 Old 01-03-2011, 04:10 PM

I know! It is crazy! I took two long naps yesterday and then thought to myself, "There is no way in hell I will be able to sleep tonight!" But then I slept a solid 10 hours more. Good heavens! All of that sleeping must have helped because while I am tired today, I've gone the whole day without napping AND managed to clean my house. I chalk this day up as a true victory!

Jen, music nerd mama to two kiddos with one more on the way in August 2011!
#18 of 24 Old 01-03-2011, 09:20 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Add me to the "can barely stand" list. I've NEVER been this exhausted during pregnancy and this is my fourth. I don't know what's going on but please let it be short lived. 

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#19 of 24 Old 01-04-2011, 05:00 AM

Add me as well - it started to hit just around 6 weeks for me, but luckily I was off that week for the Christmas break.  Now, at 7 weeks, I am struggling to balance work and fatigue.  It's tough.  Last night I managed to stay up about half an hour after dinner but then just could not get my body to stay awake and went to bed at 8.  Then slept till 6:00, skipping my morning walk, and still woke up tired.  It doesn't help that we can't use caffiene to help! :)  Or that it's January and it's dark when I leave work -- yuck!!! 

Lauren (28) married to DH (28) 11/4/2007.  Expecting our little peanut August 22, 2011!
#20 of 24 Old 01-04-2011, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseRedHoofbeats View Post

O. M. G. I am so tired today. I slept a solid 11 hours last night and I just CANNOT wake up today. My toddler is fortunately being cooperative and has been watching Scooby Doo while I doze, but HOLY CRAP I CANNOT STAY AWAKE. I'm so exhausted I can barely stand. It doesn't help that I'm going off my antidepressant either. ugggggh.

~Rose

This is me, except my toddler isn't being cooperative!!  I'm glad you got to doze off.  Yesterday Nora was playing a bit on the floor and I closed my eyes for two seconds and in that 2 seconds she got right up in my face and yelled, "Wake UPPPPP!"  OMG!  KIDS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingmommyhood View Post

Add me to the "can barely stand" list. I've NEVER been this exhausted during pregnancy and this is my fourth. I don't know what's going on but please let it be short lived. 

HUGS -- ditto!
I'm hoping as the placenta takes over we get some energy back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonadl2 View Post

Add me as well - it started to hit just around 6 weeks for me, but luckily I was off that week for the Christmas break.  Now, at 7 weeks, I am struggling to balance work and fatigue.  It's tough.  Last night I managed to stay up about half an hour after dinner but then just could not get my body to stay awake and went to bed at 8.  Then slept till 6:00, skipping my morning walk, and still woke up tired.  It doesn't help that we can't use caffiene to help! :)  Or that it's January and it's dark when I leave work -- yuck!!! 

I still have an occasional cup of regular coffee.  It's all I can do to keep my sanity!!  Though, I drink maybe half of it b/c it's sooooo grossss now.  Either way, hang in there.  We will all get thru this !!

#21 of 24 Old 01-04-2011, 07:18 AM

I just let my daughter eat Cheerios in my bed so I can lay here a little longer. eyesroll.gif If there were another adult in the house, I would soooooo be asleep right now. And that is saying a lot because I am starving!

*sigh* I guess I'll drag my butt out of bed for coffee and breakfast. eat.gif

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#22 of 24 Old 01-04-2011, 05:11 PM

Me too!  This morning I laid on the couch till 9:30 (WAY late for me!) and let the girls' destroy the house.  They had mini wheats EVERYWHERE lol!  Then I took a nap with them this afternoon...I'm home for a rare three days this week so I am looking forward to the daily naps. :)

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#23 of 24 Old 01-04-2011, 06:32 PM

Yep....layed on the floor in the playroom today and let the boys drive their race tracks up and down me to keep them amused.....not my best parenting day :-)

#24 of 24 Old 01-04-2011, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bntfam View Post

Yep....layed on the floor in the playroom today and let the boys drive their race tracks up and down me to keep them amused.....not my best parenting day :-)

LOL, I was chasing my toddler around trying to get him dressed. i was so tired and so dizzy, and he wouldn't sit still. I finally just laid down and figured eventually he had to come by me and I could nab him then but until then I was going to rest. 

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page