Week 9 Symptoms - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 12-28-2010, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone else in the 9th week with me? 

Right now the nausea is about the same (I've had it for 2 weeks), and I am still tired.  Breasts have stopped hurting, but are still sensitive.  But really moody this past week or so!  Poor DH...  :)

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#2 of 27 Old 12-28-2010, 08:30 AM

I'm in week six, so I'm watching you mommas that are ahead of me to make sure I'm on track! Thanks! wink1.gif

Moo.

#3 of 27 Old 12-28-2010, 09:37 AM

Essentially the same for me, Maurine! My chest isn't nearly as sensitive but it's still obviously much much bigger than usual. I am incredibly moody and this morning I actually yelled "why can't you just validate my feelings?!?" at my husband during an argument this morning.

Still have more aversions than cravings, and I'm struggling to keep up with my protein and probiotics intake.

We're going to start moving to our new house this week and I'm still totally exhausted - I'll be in charge of packing and directing, but thankfully no lifting!

#4 of 27 Old 12-28-2010, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by openpollination View Post

Essentially the same for me, Maurine! My chest isn't nearly as sensitive but it's still obviously much much bigger than usual. I am incredibly moody and this morning I actually yelled "why can't you just validate my feelings?!?" at my husband during an argument this morning.

Still have more aversions than cravings, and I'm struggling to keep up with my protein and probiotics intake.

We're going to start moving to our new house this week and I'm still totally exhausted - I'll be in charge of packing and directing, but thankfully no lifting!

Wow!  What a busy time for you.  We plan to move to a new house before June (we need to find it first).  I am hoping during the 2nd trimester.

Over the weekend I told hubby, since he was acting surprised by my moodiness "Well, if you ever read any of the 'for Dads' section of the pregnancy books, maybe you'd know that it's expected for me to be annoyed all the time!"

#5 of 27 Old 12-28-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by openpollination View Post

I am incredibly moody and this morning I actually yelled "why can't you just validate my feelings?!?" at my husband during an argument this morning.

This is EXACTLY how I feel!  OMG!  

And I don't like being criticized.  Dont call me "nuts" or "obsessive" just because I am an informed person and want to take part in my prenatal care!!! rant.gif

I'm only 7 weeks but my mood swings are all over the place.  Ugh, it's crazy.  I screamed at DH this morning b/c we only have 1 bathroom.  Like it's his fault or something??  Ugh, idk what I'm even SAYING half the time and I just want to crack up at myself after it comes out.  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#6 of 27 Old 12-28-2010, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Ugh, idk what I'm even SAYING half the time and I just want to crack up at myself after it comes out.  

You have such a healthy attitude about it, Baby_Cakes!  :)

#7 of 27 Old 12-28-2010, 11:42 AM

I'm also in week 9 and wondering how in the world I am going to get through the next 30!  Moodiness just started within the last week.  I've been exhausted and overly nauseous/hungry since day 1.  My newest pet peeve is my weight - I've already gained about 7 pounds.  August 1st couldn't come fast enough...

Danielle (29)reading.gif married to my best friend Lou guitar.gif since 9/10/10 stillheart.gif ,mama to Ada Adelleenergy.gif since 8/5/11, and expecting a new addition around 4/19/14 stork-boy.gif
#8 of 27 Old 12-28-2010, 11:48 AM

I have been soooo moody, Its horrible. I just snap at everybody for no reason! Then I feel bad and get all teary eyed about it. :/ Haha, I feel ridiculous! The other day my aunt was like "It's okay, Riley is just emotional right now." I just snapped "I am not emotional, you really hurt my feelings!" and stormed out of the room. lol I don't even remember what was said.

Riley, 21 Photographer Mom to Lilah Mae (8/13/11)
#9 of 27 Old 12-28-2010, 11:58 AM

I'm in week 9.  The dog tiredness  has set in in a big way, and DH is just starting 3 looooooong days of work, and it just won't stop raining here, so next 3 days are going to be interesting!  I've  never had much morning sickness before and it seems this pregnancy is the same, but I am a low-carb, high-fat, high-protein person so maybe that's why.  I also seem to have escaped the sore boobies this time, maybe cos b/feeding my LO.  Still drinking and peeing like a madwoman.   And belly expanding.  And bowels completely doing their own thing at weird times of the day and night!

Openpollination I'm also struggling to keep up with the probiotics, I give the girls their's but usually forget about myself. Plus DH got me the powdered probiotic last time and its just  not as easy as popping a pill.  Am loving my sauerkraut and yoghurt and just got some more kefir granules after DH looked at this dodgy container in the fridge and promptly threw out my precious grains! angry.gif

I haven't had too much moody stuff going on, but it was fun reading about all yours lol.gif.  Your poor DHs!

Busy sad happy mum to DD 7, our beloved son lost in childbirth, DD 1.5, and expecting #4 August 2011
#10 of 27 Old 12-28-2010, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I'm seven weeks but hear you on the moodiness. I wanted to cry last night because DH kissed my head in an attempt to be sweet and his whiskers dug into my scalp (they're not even very long.) I jerked my head away, repressed the urge to cry and said "You have no idea how much that annoyed me. I'm sorry." 

LOL. 

oops.gif

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#11 of 27 Old 12-28-2010, 03:29 PM

Oh great! Now my face is breaking out! shake.gif

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#12 of 27 Old 12-28-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamerle View Post

Oh great! Now my face is breaking out! shake.gif

Mine is a wreck!!  And I'm an esthetician -- I can't use any of my tried and true methods and it's driving me crazy.  I'm just washing, toning, and trying hard not to pick unless I know it's going to clean it out.  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#13 of 27 Old 12-28-2010, 10:58 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

ugh....stomach flu + morning sickness = oooooooooooog. any suggestions what I can eat?

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#14 of 27 Old 12-29-2010, 02:03 AM

Moody, yes.

Tired, yes yes yes.

Bloated and constipated, unfortunately yes.

Acne, double gross check.

BUT, my libido is through the roof!!  I've never had a libido like this during pregnancy, it's crazy!  So, I feel like a bloated, fat, moody, pimpley, unsexy nympho  lol.gif  *shrug* Pregnancy is weird.

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
#15 of 27 Old 12-29-2010, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper.kettle View Post

BUT, my libido is through the roof!!  I've never had a libido like this during pregnancy, it's crazy!  So, I feel like a bloated, fat, moody, pimpley, unsexy nympho  lol.gif  *shrug* Pregnancy is weird.

Ditto!! OMG **blush** pg sex is sooooo good.  EEEp!!  Either I didn't give it a chance last time or things are just plain different this time!!  

Tear - Oooh, that sounds rough.  Dry toast?  With peanut butter?  Or just dry?  Just try to stay hydrated, or maybe sip flat cola? 

#16 of 27 Old 12-29-2010, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

ugh....stomach flu + morning sickness = oooooooooooog. any suggestions what I can eat?

I replied to your other thread...must go...two fussy kids!  LOVE YOU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper.kettle View Post

Ditto!! OMG **blush** pg sex is sooooo good.  EEEp!!  Either I didn't give it a chance last time or things are just plain different this time!!  

Tear - Oooh, that sounds rough.  Dry toast?  With peanut butter?  Or just dry?  Just try to stay hydrated, or maybe sip flat cola? 

Oog...puking dry toast is like puking up cat food.  It does work for some people though!

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#17 of 27 Old 12-29-2010, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter

Tear, I always like chicken or veggie broth.  Nothing "solid" to throw up.  Good luck!!  Feel better soon!

#18 of 27 Old 12-30-2010, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlyle View Post

Oog...puking dry toast is like puking up cat food.  It does work for some people though!

ROTFLMAO.gif Now how in the heck would you know THAT?! Thanks for the responses, ladies. I'm feeling a lot better today, and I kept some eggs down this morning. Yay, protein!

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#19 of 27 Old 12-30-2010, 06:55 AM

I'm in week 8 and my nauseousness hasn't been bad lately, just like before I was pregnant where I can't stand eating breakfast. But boy am I emotional! I cried watching House Hunters when they said they got the house, and again watching Cougar Town and that's a comedy! I'm tired and in bed at around 8 to just watch TV, then I have to eat a snack because I'm STARVING around 9, and I wake up to pee about 3 times a night.

Mama to a 6 year old diva, and new little man July 2011.

#20 of 27 Old 12-30-2010, 07:00 AM

Sex???  Are you kidding me?  I barely even remember what that is like.  I would rather poke my eyes out.

Danielle (29)reading.gif married to my best friend Lou guitar.gif since 9/10/10 stillheart.gif ,mama to Ada Adelleenergy.gif since 8/5/11, and expecting a new addition around 4/19/14 stork-boy.gif
#21 of 27 Old 12-30-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:

Quote:

ROTFLMAO.gif Now how in the heck would you know THAT?! Thanks for the responses, ladies. I'm feeling a lot better today, and I kept some eggs down this morning. Yay, protein!

Enough people said it was "the thing to do" that I tried it.  BLEUCH!  For the record, saltines are just as bad.

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#22 of 27 Old 12-30-2010, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yell View Post

Sex???  Are you kidding me?  I barely even remember what that is like.  I would rather poke my eyes out.

yeahthat.gif

~Erica~ Married to the love of my life ~ Mama to Nickolas jog.gif6/14/09 and Alexander 8/4/11 and Aiden brokenheart.gifgone too soon at 14 weeks~    

fly-by-nursing1.gifselectivevax.gifnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif
#23 of 27 Old 12-30-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:

Enough people said it was "the thing to do" that I tried it.  BLEUCH!  For the record, saltines are just as bad.

ok, but does this mean that you've TRIED cat food? orngtongue.gif

Remembering our 3 losses

#24 of 27 Old 12-30-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yell View Post

Sheepish.gif  I have to respectfully disagree with this one.  OMG.

But, I'm 2 weeks behind you so maybe I just have to catch up!!

#25 of 27 Old 12-31-2010, 02:33 PM

I am 9 weeks today.  The last week has been really rough.  I've been INCREDIBLY tired...as in yesterday I couldn't even change out of my pj's and take a shower.  Today I managed to empty the dishwasher, take a shower, and actually get dressed.  I've been a slug on the couch.  We were at my husband's family's house for a week and I did nothing while I was there.  The moodiness has really set in too.  I wanted to rip DH's head off for no reason.  I have some appetite, but nothing sounds good.  I've having a hard time eating enough protein...or enough in general.  I have gained NO weight at all and may have even lost a pound.  Boobs are getting less sore.  Cramping is getting better.  Nausea is worse, but not horrible.  Today the mood is the worst.  I just feel sort of apathetic and emotionally numb.  I hate that.  I think my thyroid levels might be off.  I'm having them checked this week.  Hearing you guys say you are super tired and moody though makes me feel a little better...I might just be "normal".

I have decided the house is likely going to stay a mess until the 2nd trimester.  I'm just too tired.  I don't know how I'll go back to work on Monday.  Ugh.  I don't have a belly yet and I haven't gained weight, but my pants feel tight and I'm bloated a lot.

Bree

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

#26 of 27 Old 01-01-2011, 06:17 AM

Quote:

Me too :(

Isn't it horrible? It is so not fair to have the stomach flu in the 1st trimester. I feel for ya girl, hope you feel better soon. I have just eaten anything with white flour and no flavor (which is so not like me).

#27 of 27 Old 01-02-2011, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulawho View Post

Quote:

Me too :(

Isn't it horrible? It is so not fair to have the stomach flu in the 1st trimester. I feel for ya girl, hope you feel better soon. I have just eaten anything with white flour and no flavor (which is so not like me).

hug.gif oh man, it SUCKS. Broth helped me. and yes to the white flour! Applesauce, too, and yogurt. The hardest part was when I knew the virus was pretty much gone and the only remedy was that I HAD to eat, but I sooooo did not want to. I hope you feel better soon!

Remembering our 3 losses

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page