Thank God Christmas is over. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 12-28-2010, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I never want to be in my first tri over Christmas, ever, ever again!!! I was so tired the entire time, not to mention the nausea that ruined every family gathering (and there were a lot). Hopefully I can get some rest now! Was anybody else miserable? 

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#2 of 9 Old 12-28-2010, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I don't think I was as miserable as you but IKWYM.  I was pregnant that same time of year with my DD and that Christmas I had m/s' exhaustion on top of a bad cold.  This year I wasn't sick but I was nauseous and tired.  DD getting up at 2:30AM on Christmas morning and refusing to go back to sleep did not help either.  I sat down to Christmas dinner and almost threw up all over it.  Terrible.

Jenna in love with my DH Jon, loving our 2.5 year old, Caroline Tulip, and expecting another little one in August!
#3 of 9 Old 12-28-2010, 02:19 PM

I am sorry were not feeling well. I was definitely more tired and slightly nauseous at times, but the actual family gathering went pretty well. It was yesterday that it all caught up to me though, I could barely move and felt like total poo all afternoon until I went to bed at 8. I am still tired and don't want to do ANYTHING!

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

#4 of 9 Old 12-28-2010, 05:11 PM

lovingmommyhood I could have written the same post! Ugh, I dont think there's ever a "good time" to feel the way I do but it certainly took a lot of the joy out of Christmas for me. In general I have just been so nauseous and TIRED...I've been eating carb-y crap because that's all I can stomach which feels so weird and gross to me as I usually eat very healthy. My house is a complete disaster and my kids are bouncing off the walls as I lay on the couch. I'm very thankful the holiday is over and keep telling myself "only 3 more weeks".....

SAHM to my surprise bigeyes.gif twins M&W (7/06) twins.gif and my vbac.gif darling W (1/09) hearts.gif Expecting another little bean this summer pos.gif
#5 of 9 Old 12-28-2010, 06:47 PM

Lord have Mercy....i wish someone would have slapped me when we decided to have 17 people over for christmas dinner.....my parents flew in on christmas eve and we immediately broke the news to them ( i ahd this really freaky adrenaline response after the news was out, i went freezing cold and couldnt stop shaking for about 5 mins....then it did it again when i called my sister in england) 

Anyways....it turns out baby brain plus nausea plus exhaustion makes for a dry over cooked ham and a dry smoked turkey!!  Thankgod everyone was sooooo happy about the pregnancy that they hardly noticed the cardboard they were chewing :)

Its nice having mum around cos she keeps saying "rest...put your feet up....ill do that", why is it women know what to do and men just have nooooooooooooooooo clue......huh i think this may be my hormones talking

Very excited first time mama to be (due 1-2nd august).....together with nervous first time daddy and love of my life. Computer challenged and still hasn't figured out how to get tickers and smily faces in my signature LOL http://lbdm.lilypie.com/35Oz.png
#6 of 9 Old 12-28-2010, 07:55 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Well, out of 4 pgs, I have only missed being pg and miserable on X-Mas one time, but then that year I had a very ill newborn, we had JUST gotten out of the hospital, we spent X-Mas at home and then she went back in before New Year's. eyesroll.gif This one sucked as well. I was sick, either nauseous or severe vertigo, I got food poisoning from a party last week and was still recovering. Dh was all pissy still because I was pg. Yep, not a X-Mas to remember by any means!

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#7 of 9 Old 12-29-2010, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalimey View Post

Lord have Mercy....i wish someone would have slapped me when we decided to have 17 people over for christmas dinner.....my parents flew in on christmas eve and we immediately broke the news to them ( i ahd this really freaky adrenaline response after the news was out, i went freezing cold and couldnt stop shaking for about 5 mins....then it did it again when i called my sister in england) 

Anyways....it turns out baby brain plus nausea plus exhaustion makes for a dry over cooked ham and a dry smoked turkey!!  Thankgod everyone was sooooo happy about the pregnancy that they hardly noticed the cardboard they were chewing :)

Its nice having mum around cos she keeps saying "rest...put your feet up....ill do that", why is it women know what to do and men just have nooooooooooooooooo clue......huh i think this may be my hormones talking

I got all shakey and weird after I told, too!  So funny.

Yeah, and count me in.  I definitely over did it on xmas and paid for it on Sunday.  I spent the whole day on the couch, nauseous and soooo tired.  On xmas day itself I was ok -- somehow I wasn't too pukey.  But I couldn't eat much, only wanted mashed potatoes.  But I was really tired and so ready to go home by 8 pm.  Luckily that's also DD's bedtime so we were able to scoot out pretty early.  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#8 of 9 Old 12-29-2010, 07:48 AM

YES!  It was terrible!  I've been "blessed" with hyperemesis this time around, and I only got out to my parents' gathering.  Pretty much couch-bound and not very good company. 

Ah well, there's always next year (and hopefully with a cute new addition!).  Hopefully the spring holidays go more smoothly!

#9 of 9 Old 12-29-2010, 10:02 AM

Me too! It was bad. I couldn't properly clean my house, I had to have help with all of the cooking, I fell asleep on the couch not once but twice while my parents were here! I am thankful that everyone was so understanding. I was just completely tattered!

Jen, music nerd mama to two kiddos with one more on the way in August 2011!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page