the bloat - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-28-2010, 11:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I am only 5/6 weeks ( haven't quite figured out what I what to use as an EDD yet), and so bloated nothing fits. With #1 I was 15 weeks before I announced it to anyone, no one could guess and I was a size 0. I never had a pg like that again, with 2, 3, and 4, it is more like pee on a stick and wow, no clothes fit! I remember being 8 weeks pg with #3, met a friend at the park, I was wearing a loose shirt, she took one look at me, stared at my stomach and then asked if we were having more children soon. eyesroll.gif

I haven't been able to wear my regular jeans for 2 weeks now. I went a size up and those are uncomfortable after I eat. I strongly dislike anything tight on my stomach even not pg and during pg it is even worse. I have two elastic skirts that should last a few more weeks. My problem is going to be shirts, after going up and down in sizes after other babies, I am limited in decent wardrobe choices. All my shirts are clingy, not tight but that thin fabric they make shirts out of now just leaves no leeway. I have no stomach so this much bloat is obvious. I refused to take off my puffy jacket today but that isn't going to fly next week when I have work meetings. I wear a lot of long t-shirts, skirts, and leggings with my job. I might be buying a couple baggier shirts to pull it off for a while. Sigh. 

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2010, 02:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm with ya.  I got 2 bella bands last week and they have been my savior.  I can't believe how quickly I "grew" out of my pants.  I feel silly, though, because it's not uterus, it's all BLOAT.  I'm 9w4d today and look like I did at 17 weeks last time! 

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
Old 12-29-2010, 10:33 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

For me it's the worst at night after dinner.  I just get huge!  There is even a crease between my rib cage and my belly.  And this is my first!!  (And I have a right-smack-in-the-middle BMI.)

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

Old 12-29-2010, 01:13 PM

Ditto!  My jeans are currently being held together with a hair tie and I feel so silly.  But they're too tight!  And I don't feel like living in sweats or yoga pants. Well, thats a lie.  I DO feel like doing that, but I won't go out in public like that!  LOL!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 12-29-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

but I won't go out in public like that!  LOL!

Oh, I do!  I now wear only stretch pants on the weekend and skirts at work.  (I have two extra big pants I can also still get into, but they look pretty bad on me!)

Old 12-29-2010, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Ditto!  My jeans are currently being held together with a hair tie and I feel so silly.  But they're too tight!  And I don't feel like living in sweats or yoga pants. Well, thats a lie.  I DO feel like doing that, but I won't go out in public like that!  LOL!

That is my problem. I don't work every day, but I often have to pop into the office to drop off paperwork or I get called in for a last minute home visit so I feel like I have to look decent every day. Yoga pants are not acceptable medical professional wear! I have one pair of horrid cargo pants that I have wore during this period for the last two pgs but they just look so bad, I can't wear this this time around. 

Old 12-29-2010, 02:54 PM

Lol Peony, I hear you!!  I wore my jeans out to Target but then immediately came home and changed into yoga pants.  When I work on weekends, at least I just wear a scrub top and plain black somewhat comfortable work pants.  I'm hoping to make it another few weeks before spilling the beans at work but idk...I'm getting kinda fluffy.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 12-29-2010, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

I'm not due till the end of August and I don't make early announcements. At work it is tricky because it is a very small clinic, and now there are 3 of us that are pg, I don't even know if the first one will be back from maternity leave by the time the other ones have babies. I really won't get a maternity leave because no one else is qualified to run my program but my director still isn't going to be too pleased. I am not going to announce it there until 2nd tri.

So I just ate and I look like I am 4 months pg, it is insane, this big, bloated belly sticking out. Maybe I can blame it on holiday weight! 

Old 12-29-2010, 06:02 PM

I can still fit into my jeans but they are getting uncomfortable. I wear very low rise jeans, though, so maybe that's why they still fit. I only wear them when I go out. However, I am bloated soooo much. I look 6 months pregnant. The bloat is a little high up...towards the center of my short little torso. It's like my intestines notice the positive pregnancy test and said, "Holy Crap! Move up! Move up!" and got out of the way in preparation for the coming giant uterus season. When I sit, my boobs totally rest on my bloated belly.

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

Old 12-29-2010, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMike View Post

I can still fit into my jeans but they are getting uncomfortable. I wear very low rise jeans, though, so maybe that's why they still fit. I only wear them when I go out. However, I am bloated soooo much. I look 6 months pregnant. The bloat is a little high up...towards the center of my short little torso. It's like my intestines notice the positive pregnancy test and said, "Holy Crap! Move up! Move up!" and got out of the way in preparation for the coming giant uterus season. When I sit, my boobs totally rest on my bloated belly.

LOL, I had to laugh at the description because I totally feel the same. 

Old 12-30-2010, 09:48 AM

Just read that by 9 weeks your uterus is the size of a cateloupe.  Wow!  No wonder I look pregnant.

User Tag List