I reeeeeally wanna start buying baby stuff.... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 12-29-2010, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Okay so I may or may not have already made a baby registry before we even started TTC, and now it is TAUNTING ME. I'm only 5w4d but I am having clucky nesty urges and CUTE HATS OMG. And maternity clothes, and baby gear, AND SLINGS, and tiny newborn diapers....

I'm waiting until I'm 12 weeks to buy anything, but it's so hard! I'm chomping at the bit here. I waited two years for my BFP and I CANNOT WAIT.

So is it just me or is anyone else ready to get started too?

~Rose

#2 of 11 Old 12-29-2010, 09:45 AM

i'm there, sister! lol. for us this is a pregnancy after loss, & with Molly i hadn't shopped, nested, planned, etc. at all thinking "oh i have lots of time to do all that, lets just take it easy the first few weeks". but we lost her at 4w5d. so this time, i'm 4w6d, & i'm planning nursery decor, sewing maternity clothes, etc. i wasnt going to "just in case" but finally decided i'm not going to live in fear. i cannot live in the mindset of "lets not do anything because we might lose this baby". i laughed out loud about your "cute hats, omg" comment. for me with DD1 it was shoes, lol. especially after 20 weeks when we knew she was a little girl. happy nesting, mamma! & dont let anyone tell you it's too early to plan & dream like that cuz i did it the ENITRE time with DD1.

Mohawk Mamma is wife to viking hardcore hottie husband, mommy to amazing 3 year old daughter & Molly angel.gif(11/24/10), & new baby EDD 8/28/11

#3 of 11 Old 12-29-2010, 09:55 AM

I'm of the mindset it's never too early to start working on your nb diaper stash!! love.gif

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#4 of 11 Old 12-29-2010, 11:44 AM

I totally understand. We TTC for 5 years before we had a pregnancy stick. I didn't buy anything out of fear that something might go wrong. Huge mistake. I was totally stressed at the end of my pregnancy. Enjoy planning for your new arrival.

Emily

#5 of 11 Old 12-29-2010, 11:56 AM

The only thing we need this time around is new car seats for all the kids so we can fit three in the car, but we will wait a bit. I suppose I could also stand to get a few new diaper covers. I would totally be knitting already though if 1) I had the energy (knitting does not take much, but I do not even have that) and 2) I was not super behind on knitting for all the new arrivals among my family and friends!

If you are up for shopping, all the power to you! I never really had a baby shower for DD1 so it was up to DH and I to get all the gear and supplies and it got a bit overwhelming at the end when there was still so much to get.

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

#6 of 11 Old 12-29-2010, 12:44 PM

Me too! I walked around Babies R Us today with DD, and can't wait to start buying stuff. It's been 6 long years since I bought baby things, and I can't believe how much stuff has changed. I made a registry online already, mostly just so I can keep track of the things I like. I will be picking up random things at the thrift store I volunteer at since there's no telling when another will come in. I already got an Ergo, Hotsling, and Medela breast pump from there.

Mama to a 6 year old diva, and new little man July 2011.

#7 of 11 Old 12-29-2010, 02:05 PM

A healthy way to approach those urges: make stuff.  The pride of having your LO in things YOU have made is a pretty nice feeling.

There are tons of ways to make sweet little baby hats.  Knit or crochet, sewn from old t-shirts or recycled sweaters...  Stock up!

Baby blankets... yes please!  Pick out a few yards of beautiful gender neutral flannel and have fun!

Shaped diaper liners are pretty easy, made from recycled flannel, or even from flat diapers (which are outrageously cheap, even new).  Go check out your local cloth diaper store for ideas.

Sweet little baby pants!  You can buy soft organic cotton jersey online to make them.  Applique leaves, or add some gender neutral embroidery!

I just got this book, and it has some wonderful little projects in it: http://www.amazon.com/Handmade-Beginnings-Sewing-Projects-Welcome/dp/0470497815/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1293660192&sr=8-1

But yeah, we don't need anythink for LO2, but I still feel that tickle.  Especially with the clothes!

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#8 of 11 Old 12-29-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle283 View Post

I already got an Ergo, Hotsling, and Medela breast pump from there.

Wow, what luck, esp the Ergo!

We have tons of girl stuff, I couldn't justify buying more, we have a few boy things so when we find out gender, that's determine the extent of my shopping.  There are beautiful things to be found second hand dirt cheap here, so I'll be op shopping.  Its so exciting shopping (and making stuff) for baby!

Busy sad happy mum to DD 7, our beloved son lost in childbirth, DD 1.5, and expecting #4 August 2011
#9 of 11 Old 12-29-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohawk Mamma View Post

i'm there, sister! lol. for us this is a pregnancy after loss, & with Molly i hadn't shopped, nested, planned, etc. at all thinking "oh i have lots of time to do all that, lets just take it easy the first few weeks". but we lost her at 4w5d. so this time, i'm 4w6d, & i'm planning nursery decor, sewing maternity clothes, etc. i wasnt going to "just in case" but finally decided i'm not going to live in fear. i cannot live in the mindset of "lets not do anything because we might lose this baby". i laughed out loud about your "cute hats, omg" comment. for me with DD1 it was shoes, lol. especially after 20 weeks when we knew she was a little girl. happy nesting, mamma! & dont let anyone tell you it's too early to plan & dream like that cuz i did it the ENITRE time with DD1.

Here! Here! to not living in fear! I am waiting for test results and bloodwork and terrified, but I refuse to let that stop me from shopping or making stuff for baby. This is our first and we've had a prior loss, so I keep hearing, "you might want to wait a little bit just to be sure"... I'm done with that. If this one doesn't stick then OH WELL! I'll just have to use it next time or if we decide to adopt. What. Ever.

I already got a co-sleeper and a breast pump motor (replaced the attachments with new) on Craigslist last time and I kept them for this time, as well as fabric for two homemade Moby-style wraps... I bought a boppy body pillow last night (why oh why didn't I get one of those sooner - can you say heaven?), two maternity tanks that will grow with me, and I just ordered a dozen cloth diapers with inserts about an hour ago. I have an online registry from last time too that I plan to update soon to keep track of what I need/want, though honestly it's not much compared to everything "they" tell you to buy. Where's a "list of essentials" thread? orngbiggrin.gif

Moo.

#10 of 11 Old 12-29-2010, 05:17 PM

I plan on going to Babies 'r' Us this weekend. They are having a clearance event so I'll check it out. I already bought one maternity dress. I don't want to live in fear. I bought stuff before 12 weeks with DS and he was fine. I bought stuff early with River and that was a m/c. I don't think it makes a difference and I refuse to give fear any power.

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

#11 of 11 Old 12-29-2010, 05:49 PM

I bought a maternity dress and a pair of pants today, and knit the baby a little hat. TBH, my only fear is that this baby was a surprise - we weren't intending on having more, so if this pregnancy were to end, I would have a bunch of baby stuff sitting here that may never be used. But, I have a good feeling about this pregnancy and I'm just gonna let what happens happen.

Dawn, mama to D (3.06) & N (9.07) C (11.09) & Still-in-shock surprise due in Aug!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page