I had my first appt today. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-29-2010, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had my first appt today. My bp was 160/100. I've dealt with hypertension for the past 2 years, but it's never been that high. I'm usually somewhere in the 130/90 range. My primary dr has done bloodwork, I've had a kidney u/s and there is no cause that they can find for why my bp is so high. I was super anxious today at my appt and I also think the nurse had the cuff too low on my arm so I don't think the reading was totally accurate, but the dr gave me a prescription for Aldomet. Has anyone taken this? Was it effective in lowering BP? Any nasty side effects I want to look for?

I also have my first u/s scheduled for Monday. I will be 7 weeks 2 days. The nurse told me that I can call the office the day after the u/s to get the results. I am very nervous, as our last pregnancy was a loss at 15 weeks.

My dr also wants me to have a 1 Hr GTT done next week when I go in for my labwork, because I have family history of diabetes (I've never had GD myself, though). I started feeling nauseated a few days ago (which the nurse assured me is a very good sign that the pregnancy is progressing normally -- but then again, i was very sick with landen's pregnancy too so I can't even really count on that) and the last thing that sounds appealing right now is a cup of disgusting flavored syrup.

I hope to see a flickering HB on Monday smile.gif

erika w/ds geek.gif(10.5), ddhearts.gif(8.5), dss sleepytime.gif(3.5)
Missing angel2.gif9/1/10 @ 15 weeks, and angel.gif2/14/11 @ 13 weeks
#2 of 3 Old 01-04-2011, 09:04 PM

Howdy mama!! Just popping in to suggest looking into the Brewer's pregnancy diet or something smilar to control blood pressure/GD/development of Pre-e. BP meds so early on would sound the alarm for me. I have been through a pregnancy using BPmeds which I can admit that I caved to out of fear and being pressured... and I was not proactive about becoming informed on the meds while taking them because I was scared. I was stoked about this diet when I hooked into it. I wish I had come accross it earlier.

Ima to Mizz.Jonas- 14, Isman- 12,Javsar- 9, Nani Gweesa- 4 and Baby Micah born into the Universe sleeping at full term Oct. 19th 2008 and Partner to Abba ~ belly.gif8/2011  Grateful to be Dead  broc1.gif
#3 of 3 Old 01-05-2011, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I have had HBP for a few years now, and no cause has been pin pointed, so my dr is concerned esp with the loss of a baby at 15 weeks a couple months ago. I was on metoprolol awhile back, but I can't take that while pregnant. I haven't heard of the diet you mentioned, off to google.. thanks for the tip!

erika w/ds geek.gif(10.5), ddhearts.gif(8.5), dss sleepytime.gif(3.5)
Missing angel2.gif9/1/10 @ 15 weeks, and angel.gif2/14/11 @ 13 weeks

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page