Mood Swings from Hell - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-31-2010, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It's not just me, right? I've been a little snappy lately, but I'm just ALL over the place today! I'm a basket case and totally freaking my poor family out. I'm usually the rock, and I'm a mess. DS has been through this before, so he is a smart one...he's been gone at a buddies house all day. He's home now and making a point of finding the most uplifting music, shows, and activities he can, in hopes it will rub off on the household. Dd started hanging out w ds but came home for lunch and got sucked into my emotions. She's been bouncing from super cheerful to raging to laying in her bed crying all day, right in sync with me. Dh just doesn't know what to do. He keeps trying to tell me I have every reason to feel however I do, which is just adding fuel to the fire. If I'm freaking out about something, the last thing I need is for someone to give me more reasons to panic!

I'm so tired of feeling like this. I'm too upset today to find any joy at all in my pregnancy. And then I feel soooo guilty about it now, too. =(

Affordable organics delivered from GREEN POLKADOT BOX

Wife to jammin.gif Beast 

Mama to guitar.gif Crash (14) and hippie.gifSpritely (12)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2011, 08:26 AM

Not just you... redface.gif

I just tell people I need a LOT of space...

Old 01-01-2011, 08:47 AM

Nope, not just you! I have been so angry and snapping at my kids lately. I have no help since DH is deployed, so it is just me and them ALL day and night!!! We are all sick too, I am miserable.

treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

Old 01-01-2011, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

love4bob, that's gotta be rough. do you have anyone to help out with all the littles?

And just like that....it's gone! Today is a beautiful day. I'm a little cranky w dh, but it's not completely unwarranted. He's being a grouch (wonder why? not like he had to deal with his wife alternating between sobbing and screaming at people all day yesterday)...and its taking a real effort to keep the household pleasant this morning in spite of him. And he totally bailed on his part of our morning routine so I've had to do all of it so far. And am about to get up and do the rest of his chores! We should all be eating breakfast right now...and last nights dishes are still in the sink so I'll have to wash them, clean his mess off the table, and of course cook the breakfast before anyone can eat...what's dh doing while I tend to both of our responsibilities? Playing video games. =/

I'm hoping if I just give him a little space, he'll come around on his own soon. That's usually how it works...

Affordable organics delivered from GREEN POLKADOT BOX

Wife to jammin.gif Beast 

Mama to guitar.gif Crash (14) and hippie.gifSpritely (12)

Old 01-01-2011, 09:34 AM

Oh, it stinks! I have managed to be even tempered and kind to the kids but poor DH! He is getting the brunt of it all. I am trying to control it, but it is hard. I am hoping to be past this stage soon!

Jen, music nerd mama to two kiddos with one more on the way in August 2011!
Old 01-01-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemistryClass View Post

Oh, it stinks! I have managed to be even tempered and kind to the kids but poor DH! He is getting the brunt of it all. I am trying to control it, but it is hard. I am hoping to be past this stage soon!

yeahthat.gif

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 01-01-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love4bob View Post

Nope, not just you! I have been so angry and snapping at my kids lately. I have no help since DH is deployed, so it is just me and them ALL day and night!!! We are all sick too, I am miserable.

I feel ya, my DH is deployed too. I'm not sure that it would be better if he was here though, just one more person to annoy me. lol.gif

Old 01-02-2011, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My dh claims that living with a pregnant woman for 9 months is harder than being pregnant for 9 months.  Of course, he had more sense than to say that to me WHILE I was pregnant lol.gif  And he was just joking. mostly. (as in, he doesn't really think it's harder, but it sure isn't any cake walk).  I kept telling him that he had it easy, he could get away from me for 8 hours a day while he was at work...I had to be with me ALL THE TIME!  Hugs to you ladies going it along with dh's out of town and kids in the house.  You have all my admiration!

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

Old 01-02-2011, 01:44 PM

No, it's not just you. I stormed out of dinner at my parents' house yesterday and took a 2.5 hour nap because I didn't feel like people were being sensitive to my MS. eyesroll.gif DF made a joke about fried tomatoes at the dinner table (I can't even handle a mention of them, seriously. And he knows this) and it sent me over the edge. I can roll my eyes today, but yesterday I was reduced to tears. I have been a LOT more sensitive than usual.

erika w/ds geek.gif(10.5), ddhearts.gif(8.5), dss sleepytime.gif(3.5)
Missing angel2.gif9/1/10 @ 15 weeks, and angel.gif2/14/11 @ 13 weeks
Old 01-03-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrigible View Post

what's dh doing while I tend to both of our responsibilities? Playing video games. =/

Mine's been spending all his time plastered in front of the computer doing the same. It drives me crazy. I keep thinking "what the hell was I thinking??" We don't have any kids yet, and the doubts about whether or not I can handle this are starting to creep in... I have to remember that this is all normal and that he is grieving the loss of his childless days and I have to let him be a kid for a while and just suck it up until he comes around, but oh! Some days it's all I can do not to kick him in the head. I think I need to adopt a daily meditation practice... *sigh*

Moo.

User Tag List