The Appointment Thread - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#301 of 340 Old 03-04-2011, 09:26 AM
 
egmaranian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Central California
Posts: 1,023
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know what you mean Angie.  I love my OB too and if there was a way to guarantee that she could be with me during my whole labor and delivery, I probably wouldn't even care so much about homebirth.  However, her practice uses a hospital rotation with her OB group and another practice's OB group and the doctor that ended up being on shift for my DS's delivery was horrid. 

 

So to get the best of best worlds I'm planning a midwife attended homebirth with concurrent care the entire pregnancy with my OB.  I'll have to pay a little out of pocket for the MW, but I'm pretty sure my insurance won't cover 100% of midwife fees even without the concurrent care.  It also means I go to a few more appointments than normal as well, but my MW is flexible and has agreed to take cues from me if I'm feeling too "examined" at any point and we can back off a little on the number of visits as long as I'm progressing without complications.

 

This was also the only way for me to convince my DH that we could HB safely.  He feels like having the OB visits make it more likely that complications will be caught sooner and minimize the risk of midwife attended delivery. 

 

Good luck with your ultrasound next week!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by love4bob View Post

I had my OB physical today, and the OB was so great! Almost makes me not want the home birth..... almost. lol. She was very supportive of me wanting to do a home birth, and told me I should probably switch as soon as I can if that's what I want to do. I have an ultrasound scheduled for Wednesday, and I'll be 15.5 weeks, so I'm hoping they can see the sex too!



 


~Erica~ Married to the love of my life ~ Mama to Nickolas jog.gif6/14/09 and Alexander 8/4/11 and Aiden brokenheart.gifgone too soon at 14 weeks~    
 
  fly-by-nursing1.gifselectivevax.gifnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif
egmaranian is offline  
#302 of 340 Old 03-04-2011, 09:40 AM
 
jillybeans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: in a little hole by the mountain
Posts: 3,556
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by egmaranian View Post

I know what you mean Angie.  I love my OB too and if there was a way to guarantee that she could be with me during my whole labor and delivery, I probably wouldn't even care so much about homebirth.  However, her practice uses a hospital rotation with her OB group and another practice's OB group and the doctor that ended up being on shift for my DS's delivery was horrid. 

 

So to get the best of best worlds I'm planning a midwife attended homebirth with concurrent care the entire pregnancy with my OB.
 



 


Us exactly!  Last time, when I had to deliver dd3 in the hospital (PROM at 35 weeks) the doctor was horrid...she didn't even make it to the birth was terrible.  But by contrast, I LOVE the other ob! 

Now that we're looking at losing this homebirth, I'm trying to find peace with the fact that I might not get "my" ob.

 


Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4
 

jillybeans is offline  
#303 of 340 Old 03-04-2011, 10:05 AM
 
Beckily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 2,598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post


 


Us exactly!  Last time, when I had to deliver dd3 in the hospital (PROM at 35 weeks) the doctor was horrid...she didn't even make it to the birth was terrible.  But by contrast, I LOVE the other ob! 

Now that we're looking at losing this homebirth, I'm trying to find peace with the fact that I might not get "my" ob.

 



I'm very impressed that your midwife will come as a doula, though, so no matter what, you'll have her. That's huge. And maybe you'll catch this one break and get your OB!


Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

Beckily is offline  
#304 of 340 Old 03-04-2011, 12:54 PM
 
Beckily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 2,598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had an appointment today! It went really well!

 

Planning my ultrasound for 2 weeks from now, very excited. It's going to be a bit intense as we'll scan the baby and then probably do the EV one to look at my right ovary again - it was really big last time.

My baby is huge! I'm 18 weeks tomorrow, and he's (still guessing gender) at +1 - so my uterus is above my navel! I'd been feeling that, but in denial. As DF said, this baby is going to just pop out my mouth :P

 

Heartbeat was at 140 and he was so not having that doppler! We'd find him and he'd run away. He's always hanging out on my right side and he first went down and then up to the left. So she got the number and quit before he came out to yell at us ;)

 

So yay :) everything's good, having a gigantic, opinionated baby and I'm all giddy :D


Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

Beckily is offline  
#305 of 340 Old 03-04-2011, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter
 
Baby_Cakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post

I had an appointment today! It went really well!

 

Planning my ultrasound for 2 weeks from now, very excited. It's going to be a bit intense as we'll scan the baby and then probably do the EV one to look at my right ovary again - it was really big last time.

My baby is huge! I'm 18 weeks tomorrow, and he's (still guessing gender) at +1 - so my uterus is above my navel! I'd been feeling that, but in denial. As DF said, this baby is going to just pop out my mouth :P

 

Heartbeat was at 140 and he was so not having that doppler! We'd find him and he'd run away. He's always hanging out on my right side and he first went down and then up to the left. So she got the number and quit before he came out to yell at us ;)

 

So yay :) everything's good, having a gigantic, opinionated baby and I'm all giddy :D



Hooray!!  What's the date of your big u/s??  That's awesome that you're carrying high.  You will really appreciate it later in the game.  Trust me!!

Gigantic opinionated babies are awesome!


Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Baby_Cakes is offline  
#306 of 340 Old 03-04-2011, 05:31 PM
 
SouthernStormy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 781
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiemomto2 View Post

Thanks for the responses. I think I've pretty much convinced myself something is pretty wrong. It's not even really distorted - everything is there, it just doesn't look right or like any other photo I've seen at this stage. Time will tell I suppose. He looks perfect (well as perfect as he can in a 3d) in the profile, so I'll just focus on that. I just wish I didn't even have the other pictures. :(  And I tried to post the profile but it won't work?  I tried the code I typically use but I have no clue why it won't post. 


I had to stop looking at my U/S pics I got at 15 wks (it was elective). At first they looked good, til I started looking closely at them, then I was sure there was something wrong. One of her hands always showed up in the u/s as MASSIVE. So I spent over an hour googling what kind of disorder that could be. My DDG on another board assured me that it was normal, they just look a little off at this age due to not have fat yet. The u/s tech didn't get an up close of the face, which is probably good b/c then I'd be worried even more. Though for awhile I'd convinced myself the reason she didn't do an up close of the face was b/c something was wrong.

Mama to a adoreable August '11 baby and two great dogs
SouthernStormy is offline  
#307 of 340 Old 03-04-2011, 08:03 PM
 
MovingMomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Eastern North Carolina
Posts: 2,340
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by egmaranian View Post

This was also the only way for me to convince my DH that we could HB safely.  He feels like having the OB visits make it more likely that complications will be caught sooner and minimize the risk of midwife attended delivery. 

 

 


This is so funny, b/c at least w/my HB MW & parallel care regular practice, my HB MW visits are soooo much more thorough!  

 

 

 


-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

 


 
   

MovingMomma is offline  
#308 of 340 Old 03-05-2011, 10:07 AM
 
Beckily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 2,598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post





Hooray!!  What's the date of your big u/s??  That's awesome that you're carrying high.  You will really appreciate it later in the game.  Trust me!!

Gigantic opinionated babies are awesome!


They're making it for me so I don't know! Two weeks and not on a Monday or Thursday. Gah!

He's down at the bottom since yesterday. Goofball! All stretched out from hip to mommy hip :P

 

I swear sometimes he stands up, though. On my spine when I'm laying down. It's really very weird, growing a human. I like him :D

 


Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

Beckily is offline  
#309 of 340 Old 03-05-2011, 10:39 AM
 
jillybeans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: in a little hole by the mountain
Posts: 3,556
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

yay for a good appt Becky!  First babies are the best...so new and so exciting!

 

I have an appt wed.  16week bloodwork and most likely an u/s to check gender and cervical length. 


Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4
 

jillybeans is offline  
#310 of 340 Old 03-05-2011, 10:43 AM
 
Beckily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 2,598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post

yay for a good appt Becky!  First babies are the best...so new and so exciting!

 

I have an appt wed.  16week bloodwork and most likely an u/s to check gender and cervical length. 



I've only done blood work once! I like that because I have a bunch of brown spots in the elbowpit they took blood from last time. Boo. Good luck! :D:D


Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

Beckily is offline  
#311 of 340 Old 03-05-2011, 01:09 PM
 
earth-mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 556
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My next appointment with my MW in on Tuesday.  I will be 19w 5d at that point.  I hoping to hear this babes heartbeat with the fetascope!  


Partner  partners.gif(10 years) Mother to Lily hearts.gif (4 years), Jonas babyboy.gif (1.5 years),  1 dog , and 1 cat 

 
 
 
     

earth-mama is offline  
#312 of 340 Old 03-05-2011, 01:22 PM
 
veggiemomto2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post





I've only done blood work once! I like that because I have a bunch of brown spots in the elbowpit they took blood from last time. Boo. Good luck! :D:D


I've only had it done once as well (first visit).  I doubt I'll have any more until the nasty diabetes test....

 

veggiemomto2 is offline  
#313 of 340 Old 03-05-2011, 04:47 PM
 
Beckily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 2,598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiemomto2 View Post




I've only had it done once as well (first visit).  I doubt I'll have any more until the nasty diabetes test....

 


Me too! We declined all the screening tests because it doesn't matter to me. Nooot looking forward to the diabetes test ;)

 


Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

Beckily is offline  
#314 of 340 Old 03-06-2011, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter
 
Baby_Cakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had an appt this am and it went well.  16w5d today.  Babys hb was a good 144 (glad they found it this time!) and got my blood taken as well as a pap done.  My urine showed nitrites though.  So, she wants me to drink a ton of water (a gallon a day is what she said) plus get Cran-Actin as well as NO SUGAR for 3 days.  UGH.  I'm already starting to feel the tickle in my throat for sugar!  I didn't realize how many little snacky things I grab for - swedish fish, soda, juice.  She said normal sugar found in things like in bread are ok, etc. but no baked things, junk, candy, ice cream that sort of thing.  Yikes it's going to be a long 3 days!!


Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Baby_Cakes is offline  
#315 of 340 Old 03-07-2011, 08:25 PM
 
Agatha_Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

I had an appt this am and it went well.  16w5d today.  Babys hb was a good 144 (glad they found it this time!) and got my blood taken as well as a pap done.  My urine showed nitrites though.  So, she wants me to drink a ton of water (a gallon a day is what she said) plus get Cran-Actin as well as NO SUGAR for 3 days.  UGH.  I'm already starting to feel the tickle in my throat for sugar!  I didn't realize how many little snacky things I grab for - swedish fish, soda, juice.  She said normal sugar found in things like in bread are ok, etc. but no baked things, junk, candy, ice cream that sort of thing.  Yikes it's going to be a long 3 days!!



Boo! No sugar?????!!! That is the majority of my diet some days! I'm on the drinking an entire lake of water a day plan too. I hope it takes care of your issues and Yay for hearing the heartbeat!

 

Agatha_Ann is offline  
#316 of 340 Old 03-08-2011, 06:47 AM - Thread Starter
 
Baby_Cakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatha_Ann View Post

I'm on the drinking an entire lake of water a day plan too.

 

For real, that's exactly what it feels like. OMG!!  I sure hope it clears up whatever I have too.  FXed!!

 

Is it march 22 yet???  C'mon I NEED to know what this critter is!!
 

 


Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Baby_Cakes is offline  
#317 of 340 Old 03-09-2011, 12:36 PM
 
love4bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 614
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Had my appointment today! I'm about 15.5 weeks like I thought. I found out what we are having, and I'll post it in the boy/girl thread!! biggrinbounce.gif

 

 

Smiling baby! Photobucket

Legs! Photobucket

 

treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

 
 
 
 

love4bob is offline  
#318 of 340 Old 03-18-2011, 08:03 AM
 
Lynann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sunny South Florida
Posts: 1,357
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had my 16w prental appointment yesterday.

 

So far I'm still only 2lb heavier than my prepregnancy weight, but my midwife also went over my 3 day food diary and said its the best diet she has seen in a long time. She did say that it is good that my weight is just maintaining  as I am eating really well and the baby is growing, so my body just doesn't need to store up extra weight at this point. Hopefully this means I won't put on 46lb like I did with DS.

 

I also think the LO was sleeping when she checked the heartbeat, as it was 144bpm and the baby didn't run away from the doppler this time. Last time all she could do was confirm there was a heartbeat as the baby kept moving away from the doppler. I also have to make an appointment for my one u/s to check that the placenta is in a good position. She is only concerned because of how recently I had the c/s with DS, as that increases my chances of placenta previa or of the placenta growing through the uterus.

 

She did a pelvic exam too, and offered to show me what my cervix looked like. It would never have even crossed my mind to want to take a look, so I didn't, but she did show me where to start doing perineal massage once I get to about 35w to prevent tearing during birth.

 

So today I need to make my appointment for the u/s, and then I have to make my final decision about finding out the gender. I'm pretty sure we're going to stay team green, but there is a tiny part of me that is tempted to look.


Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

Lynann is offline  
#319 of 340 Old 03-24-2011, 02:44 PM
 
karalynnskies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 442
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had an appointment this morning. Everything went really well. I love the midwife group I am working with. They are so awesome and are on the same page with me about everything. She checked the heart beat and it is still in the 150s she said everything sounded good. I am measuring bigger then I should though which kind of makes me worry, but then of course I worry about everything... redface.gif  I am 18 weeks and measuring 22. She didn't seem really concerned, she made a comment that since I have a short torso this could be the reason. I don't really understand why that would make a difference, I guess I should have asked her. I also know from my first ultrasound that I do have a fibroid so it could be that as well. Either way my ultrasound is next week so we will see if anything is out of place then. Have any of you measured ahead? If so what was the reason


Wife to N for 6 years, mama to jog.gif Jude 08/11, angel.gif 03/13, angel1.gif 09/13
karalynnskies is offline  
#320 of 340 Old 03-24-2011, 03:36 PM
 
Beckily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 2,598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by karalynnskies View Post

I had an appointment this morning. Everything went really well. I love the midwife group I am working with. They are so awesome and are on the same page with me about everything. She checked the heart beat and it is still in the 150s she said everything sounded good. I am measuring bigger then I should though which kind of makes me worry, but then of course I worry about everything... redface.gif  I am 18 weeks and measuring 22. She didn't seem really concerned, she made a comment that since I have a short torso this could be the reason. I don't really understand why that would make a difference, I guess I should have asked her. I also know from my first ultrasound that I do have a fibroid so it could be that as well. Either way my ultrasound is next week so we will see if anything is out of place then. Have any of you measured ahead? If so what was the reason

Oooh yes.

I'll be 21 weeks on Saturday and my uterus is up in my ribs. Sometimes I can't feel the top very well because it's filling up the whole abdominal space ;)

It's just how I'm carrying. My baby is in the 49th percentile - completely average sized. My mom carried this way, too, so it's not terribly unexpected.

If you have a long torso, you have more room - those of us with short torsos with a short pelvis might actually measure the same by inches as a long torso-having person, but on us, that puts the baby up in our armpits ;)

 

Not a big deal, don't worry :) I make a fuss about it, but mostly because I'm enjoying the body changes so much... and because it makes me feel overfull when I've eaten ;)
 

 


Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

Beckily is offline  
#321 of 340 Old 03-25-2011, 02:27 PM
 
karalynnskies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 442
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It makes me feel better that someone else is measuring larger as well. My midwife didn't seem concerned at all and she did say she thought it was due to my short waist. And I also feel overfull when I eat too. I just can't wait till next Thursday when I get to see my tiny baby and know for sure everything is perfect! Thanks for the reassurance though orngbiggrin.gif


Wife to N for 6 years, mama to jog.gif Jude 08/11, angel.gif 03/13, angel1.gif 09/13
karalynnskies is offline  
#322 of 340 Old 03-25-2011, 04:37 PM
 
Beckily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 2,598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by karalynnskies View Post

It makes me feel better that someone else is measuring larger as well. My midwife didn't seem concerned at all and she did say she thought it was due to my short waist. And I also feel overfull when I eat too. I just can't wait till next Thursday when I get to see my tiny baby and know for sure everything is perfect! Thanks for the reassurance though orngbiggrin.gif


You're very welcome! Our babies are just starting out really spoiled - all that extra room! ;)

 


Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

Beckily is offline  
#323 of 340 Old 03-26-2011, 10:55 AM
 
SoonToBe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,029
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had an appt today.  I'm 21 weeks and 1 day.  Everything looks good.  I'm up 16-17lbs total.  I am measuring 20-21 weeks, but I was measuring a week ahead 4 weeks ago.  My midwife said it's just perfect for a first time mom.  We heard the heartbeat with a fetoscope.  Very cool.


 


Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

SoonToBe is offline  
#324 of 340 Old 03-26-2011, 11:08 AM
 
Beckily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 2,598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonToBe View Post

I had an appt today.  I'm 21 weeks and 1 day.  Everything looks good.  I'm up 16-17lbs total.  I am measuring 20-21 weeks, but I was measuring a week ahead 4 weeks ago.  My midwife said it's just perfect for a first time mom.  We heard the heartbeat with a fetoscope.  Very cool.


 


Awesome! Glad it went well. Cannot stand to wait for my next appt!

 


Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

Beckily is offline  
#325 of 340 Old 03-26-2011, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter
 
Baby_Cakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonToBe View Post

I had an appt today.  I'm 21 weeks and 1 day.  Everything looks good.  I'm up 16-17lbs total.  I am measuring 20-21 weeks, but I was measuring a week ahead 4 weeks ago.  My midwife said it's just perfect for a first time mom.  We heard the heartbeat with a fetoscope.  Very cool.


 


Great news all around!  Love a good, normal, typical prenatal visit!!

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post




Awesome! Glad it went well. Cannot stand to wait for my next appt!

 


When's your next one?  Mine isnt til April 5th (which my preggo brain thought was this coming tuesday until yesterday, boo).

 


Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Baby_Cakes is offline  
#326 of 340 Old 03-26-2011, 09:48 PM
 
Beckily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 2,598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post




Great news all around!  Love a good, normal, typical prenatal visit!!

 




When's your next one?  Mine isnt til April 5th (which my preggo brain thought was this coming tuesday until yesterday, boo).

 



Same! Copycat! :D It's a looooong tiiiime from now..!


Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

Beckily is offline  
#327 of 340 Old 03-30-2011, 02:24 PM
 
frankenstella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Went for our 20 week scan today, everything was normal, he's definitely a little boy. He weighed a full pound! I don't even know how much weight I have gained, like 20 lbs probably, so I probably need to slow it down, haha.


Andrea, 22, wife to DH Chase, 27, parents to 2 wonderful dog2.gif, one cat.gif,  expecting our rainbow1284.gifstork-boy.gif, Roman, in mid-August.
frankenstella is offline  
#328 of 340 Old 04-05-2011, 11:26 AM
 
veggiemomto2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Had fetal echo today.  My word.  It was FIFTY MINUTES long.  I had to lay there on my back and not move.  The kicker - the girl doing it was in training and took forever.  The other tech kept saying "well, if you can't get such and such measured, I can do it" but she kept on trying.  Again, still terrified that something is terribly wrong (I can't get over it - I've gone from diagnosing one thing after the other!), but the echo was normal!  The cardiologist came in for a second and said everything looked great in the heart so that's good.  My 24 week appt is next Tuesday.  This is the first real appointment I'm having with my regular OB in the practice and I'm worried what she'll say about my weight!  The Peri hasn't said anything. Oh and no one has measured my fundal height yet.  Weird.

veggiemomto2 is offline  
#329 of 340 Old 04-05-2011, 12:19 PM
 
love4bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 614
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have my anatomy scan tomorrow, so I will feel good about taking tags off the clothes I bought after tomorrow! lol. 


treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

 
 
 
 

love4bob is offline  
#330 of 340 Old 04-05-2011, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter
 
Baby_Cakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiemomto2 View Post

Had fetal echo today.  My word.  It was FIFTY MINUTES long.  I had to lay there on my back and not move.  The kicker - the girl doing it was in training and took forever.  The other tech kept saying "well, if you can't get such and such measured, I can do it" but she kept on trying.  Again, still terrified that something is terribly wrong (I can't get over it - I've gone from diagnosing one thing after the other!), but the echo was normal!  The cardiologist came in for a second and said everything looked great in the heart so that's good.  My 24 week appt is next Tuesday.  This is the first real appointment I'm having with my regular OB in the practice and I'm worried what she'll say about my weight!  The Peri hasn't said anything. Oh and no one has measured my fundal height yet.  Weird.

 

Great news on the echo being normal!  Whew!  Scratch another worry off your list, mama! 

An apprentice did my sutures after DD's birth.  I only had a tiny 2nd degree tear and it took her over an HOUR.  So I hear you on being a little impatient with someone in training doing something so incredibly important.  



Quote:
Originally Posted by love4bob View Post

I have my anatomy scan tomorrow, so I will feel good about taking tags off the clothes I bought after tomorrow! lol. 


I thought you knew it was a boy already!?  Did I miss something?  GL tomorrow!!

 

AFM - had a prenatal today.  Got my bloodwork back and I'M a carrier for galactosemia!  OMG I cannot believe it.  All this time we thought it had to be only DH.  He's incredibly lactose intolerant which is mostly why he became vegan as a teenager.  So, now DH has to get tested, and if we are both carriers, we really have to hope and pray and wear our pjs backwards that this baby is fine and doesn't come out full blown galactosemic.  DD is a carrier only, so we can get lucky again if we are both carriers.  Still, not something I even thought about!  I just had this gut feeling DH was the only one.  Sigh.

And, my platelets are low.  So now I really have to overhaul my diet and my mw rec'd yellow dock tincture.  I'm hoping the HFS in town has it, otherwise I'll order it online.  She wants me to start right away.  If my number doesn't go up, I get risked out of homebirth.  Double sigh.

 


Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Baby_Cakes is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off