The Appointment Thread - Page 12 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#331 of 340 Old 04-05-2011, 05:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My U/S at 16 weeks showed boy, but I just want to be positive. lol! After 3 girls it is hard to imagine having a boy! Still doesn't seem real. haha!

treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#332 of 340 Old 04-05-2011, 07:11 PM

Yuck for the news Carrie!  big hugs...hope it all turns out!    We have our anatomy scan on Friday.  I'm sure it's a boy, but  it will be so nice to see him again!  Dd1 is coming too and is really excited!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#333 of 340 Old 04-05-2011, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post

Yuck for the news Carrie!  big hugs...hope it all turns out!    We have our anatomy scan on Friday.  I'm sure it's a boy, but  it will be so nice to see him again!  Dd1 is coming too and is really excited!

Thanks.  Me too.  I'm already freaking out that I won't be able to nurse this baby.  I had SUCH a hard time when we got this news with DD when she was a week old, and I'm just devastated.  I'm reliving the same fears and feelings again.  Though, I'm getting ahead of myself and need to wait for DH's test results before panicking.  My heart is just so, so heavy.  I'll love this baby no matter what, but bf'ing is SUCH huge part of who I am and how I parent that I'll be beside myself if I can't do it.

GL at your scan!  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#334 of 340 Old 04-05-2011, 09:55 PM

I had my appointment today. Mostly it was good! Saw a different midwife than I was schedule with, but it was perfect. Went over the ultrasound results and all - it's good for baby! He's great, placenta is in the back, looks good, I have good amniotic fluid levels, yay. She's the cautious one, so she was careful to say that a lot of small abnormalities don't show up on ultrasound, so we can't expect him to be perfect. I like that about her :)

The cyst is still not good. It's about 8cmx7cmx3cm and she went through more detail with me. It's got walls in it and sends back echos. So that could mean that it's lots of little simple cysts together - that'd be fine. If it were just echos, that's fine too - that could just be a rather nasty type that contains charming things like teeth, but with the walls and the echos.. Could be... *dramatic pause* cancer. So. That's fun. Still have the same meeting with an OB set up so she'll talk to me about it some more and plan what to do after I've de-babied (I said that to a friend and she loved it, so I'm going to keep saying it when I can remember). If she's worried, I get to go see a gyno oncologist. The hope is that whatever it is, it stays how it is and doesn't explode! My mom had a very large cyst explode ones, it also took out a fallopian tube, so nice calm cyst gets the vote.

I'm pretty calm about the whole thing, oddly. It's less likely to blow up since it's a cyst with stuff in it - mostly the explody ones are just fluid-filled. So then we'll see!

Oh! And a funny thing! I've been measuring my uterus up really high and the student midwife agreed, but the midwife double-checked her and it's lower. It's just that my intestines are all bunched up at the top so it's really hard to tell. So I'm just measuring 24 weeks. Groovy :)

Charlie is kicking like mad.

Also. I've finally gained weight! I'm up two pounds from my conception weight. Pah, I say!

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#335 of 340 Old 04-06-2011, 04:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post
 The hope is that whatever it is, it stays how it is and doesn't explode! My mom had a very large cyst explode ones, it also took out a fallopian tube, so nice calm cyst gets the vote.

I'm pretty calm about the whole thing, oddly. It's less likely to blow up since it's a cyst with stuff in it - mostly the explody ones are just fluid-filled. So then we'll see!

Oh! And a funny thing! I've been measuring my uterus up really high and the student midwife agreed, but the midwife double-checked her and it's lower. It's just that my intestines are all bunched up at the top so it's really hard to tell. So I'm just measuring 24 weeks. Groovy :)

Also. I've finally gained weight! I'm up two pounds from my conception weight. Pah, I say!

About time you gained some weight! winky.gif

I like your attitude about the cyst.  Yes, it can stay nice and quiet and calm.  I am hoping it's not cancer, though.  I feel in my gut like it isn't, that it's just something to keep an eye on.  Hugs.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#336 of 340 Old 04-06-2011, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post

I had my appointment today. Mostly it was good! Saw a different midwife than I was schedule with, but it was perfect. Went over the ultrasound results and all - it's good for baby! He's great, placenta is in the back, looks good, I have good amniotic fluid levels, yay. She's the cautious one, so she was careful to say that a lot of small abnormalities don't show up on ultrasound, so we can't expect him to be perfect. I like that about her :)

The cyst is still not good. It's about 8cmx7cmx3cm and she went through more detail with me. It's got walls in it and sends back echos. So that could mean that it's lots of little simple cysts together - that'd be fine. If it were just echos, that's fine too - that could just be a rather nasty type that contains charming things like teeth, but with the walls and the echos.. Could be... *dramatic pause* cancer. So. That's fun. Still have the same meeting with an OB set up so she'll talk to me about it some more and plan what to do after I've de-babied (I said that to a friend and she loved it, so I'm going to keep saying it when I can remember). If she's worried, I get to go see a gyno oncologist. The hope is that whatever it is, it stays how it is and doesn't explode! My mom had a very large cyst explode ones, it also took out a fallopian tube, so nice calm cyst gets the vote.

Beckily, you have the most amazing attitude about the cyst. I'm praying that it stays nice and calm and is easily resolved once you are de-babied. (I think I might have to steal that term, its so cute)
 Glad everything else is going so well, and that you've found out your not as big as you thought. And yeah for gaining a few pounds. I keep gaining and loosing the same 2 lb so some days I'm 2lb up on my pre-pregnancy weight and some days I'm up by 4lbs. I'm just glad I'm not gaining rapidly like I did with DS.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#337 of 340 Old 04-06-2011, 09:14 AM

Thanks, guys :)

I just don't feel scared about it. Even when I try to or my mom tried to, I just can't. I guess it might be because I've had the "cancer" thrown at me before and everything turned out fine.

Still, will certainly be signing up for life insurance soon ;) Got to beat any icky labeling.

And I agree! This whole not gaining weight thing was fun, but very confusing! I'm a lot bigger now! I get to have something to show for it so I don't think I'm having an inflatable baby or something! ;)

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#338 of 340 Old 04-06-2011, 10:47 AM

I had my anatomy scan today, and he is still very much a boy! orngbiggrin.gif We got a great shot of it! He has big ears too because in the top of the head shot they were sticking out the side. lol! He grew a lot since last scan a month ago. He is 10 ounces now. He was very cooperative, and we saw his hands, feet, heart, face, and she even showed me his eye lenses that are forming! It was cool to see little white circles in the big black eye sockets!

Baby is fine all over, the only thing they are worried about is that I have a growth on my placenta. It looks like it has pockets of fluid in it as well. The cord is attached next to it, not on it though, so they aren't really worried about the baby. The placenta itself looks good, so he is getting his nutrients fine. They are referring me to perineonatologist or something like that to do another ultrasound and see where to do from there. Most likely I will just have to have growth scans every 4 weeks to keep an eye on it.

treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

#339 of 340 Old 04-18-2011, 10:02 AM

This is really late but I just wanted to announce that my 18 week sono showed another little beautiful little girl. I haven't really been able to get on here with being in school full time and being SO sick still. I am getting ready to be 23 weeks on Thursday and my next appointment with my OB is next Wednesday. I am still feeling very uneasy because at my 16 week ultrasound, the dr and nurse practioner had suddenly brought up possibility of twins. They were both so sure I was having twins this pregnancy and yet, the 18 week ultrasound only still showed one baby. So I don't know how I feel right now. I am very uneasy mainly because there have been certain aspects through my pregnancy that made me suspect twins all along and then when the dr and nurse both said they were sure and everyone around me keeps bringing it up. It's just very unnerving. In my heart, I know it's nearly impossible for me to be this late and not see twins yet. But on the other hand, my own dr told me a story about a woman last year that he took care of who had hidden twin syndrome and he didn't know until it was too late. I guess one of the babies basically suffocated the other which caused the one to be stillborn. So yes, the possibilities are slim but I still worry every single day, especially with my previous pregnancy complications and with the risk being very high of twins with me. Hopefully I get some relief soon from this fear because it is literally eating away at me. I love this little girl with all my heart and soul but since she was unplanned, I haven't exactly been able to enjoy this pregnancy much especially with being as sick as I am and no medicines are helping me. I want so much to be able to enjoy the rest of my pregnancy. greensad.gif

Rachellove.gif wife to Michaelsuperhero.gif, mommy to Trey(2)blowkiss.gif, mommy to Genesis(1)thumbsuck.gif, an angel baby lost on March 17th 2008angel.gif and Gracelyn Savannah 1sttri.gif coming around August 11th 2011
#340 of 340 Old 04-19-2011, 01:38 PM

I had my 5th appt today, and only have one more before the timing picks up to every 2nd week. Another boring appointment (which is a good thing!). Baby's HB is good, she's moving around. My blood pressure is good. Midwife answered all my very simple questions & that was all. After my next appt I will have had 2 with each of the 3 midwives on my team.

~SynEpona~

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page