The Appointment Thread - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 340 Old 02-07-2011, 06:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What a great pic! I wanna see my baby! greensad.gif I don't know when I'll get an ultrasound.

treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

#182 of 340 Old 02-07-2011, 06:54 PM

I'm so happy for everyone! :) I just had an an appt today. I had a physical and got to hear the heartbeat. heartbeat.gif  It was just as strong as it was in the first ultrasound, ( I had one very early for dating purposes. ) I scheduled my next appt / ultrasound for March 18th! I'm so excited to find out if its a boy or a girl. I feel like times going by alot quicker now! 

Riley, 21 Photographer Mom to Lilah Mae (8/13/11)
#183 of 340 Old 02-07-2011, 08:22 PM

Yay for everyone who saw or heard their babies today! It's so exciting and reassuring.

I had my first appointment today. We chatted for an hour. I got a great binder on everything pregnancy and birth. I also borrowed Pushed, which I've been looking forward to reading.
Oh, and we heard the heart beat right away!! It was lovely and I'm sad I have to wait 4 weeks to go back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lauren- geek.gif Hippie belly.gif wife to  S Mum to : babyf.gif D 11/09 and due end of August!

lactivist.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifcd.gifhomebirth.jpgsaynovax.gif

#184 of 340 Old 02-07-2011, 09:18 PM

hooray for good appts!  I can't wait for mine on wednesday!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#185 of 340 Old 02-08-2011, 09:50 AM

I know, I have my next appt on Thursday, and I can't wait! 

Carrie - what a cutie! How awesome to get to see the babe!

I'd love to see more ultrasound pics, if anyone else has them!  I'm not getting one until 20 weeks, so I have a while to wait.

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
#186 of 340 Old 02-08-2011, 12:15 PM

Pushed is a great book!  My husband was mad at me for reading it while I was pregnant because it got me so worked up over the medical system, but I couldn't put it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illumini View Post

Yay for everyone who saw or heard their babies today! It's so exciting and reassuring.

I had my first appointment today. We chatted for an hour. I got a great binder on everything pregnancy and birth. I also borrowed Pushed, which I've been looking forward to reading.
Oh, and we heard the heart beat right away!! It was lovely and I'm sad I have to wait 4 weeks to go back!

~Erica~ Married to the love of my life ~ Mama to Nickolas jog.gif6/14/09 and Alexander 8/4/11 and Aiden brokenheart.gifgone too soon at 14 weeks~    

fly-by-nursing1.gifselectivevax.gifnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif
#187 of 340 Old 02-08-2011, 04:33 PM

I just had my appointment with the midwife! It was really fun. All my tests came back good - except Vit D which is expected where I live.

My uterus is really high - 3cm below my belly button which is 3cm higher than she expected, but it's totally there. She thinks I'll probably sit at that height for awhile while the uterus expands to the sides - apparently it's looong and lean.

Baby is doing well! Heartbeat in the 160's - it was 171 at the 9wk ultrasound. He kept running away and kicking at the doppler. It was very fun! :D

4 more weeks! Six until my next ultrasound! Luckily time is going very quickly!

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#188 of 340 Old 02-08-2011, 04:41 PM

Oh! And she said the way my uterus is growing - high first - is probably why I'm getting the bad ligament pain.

Becky

Married to Dusty

#189 of 340 Old 02-08-2011, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Hooray for a great appt, Becky!!!

I still haven't had my bloodwork done. bag.gif

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#190 of 340 Old 02-08-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Hooray for a great appt, Becky!!!

I still haven't had my bloodwork done. bag.gif

She ordered it right after my first appointment - 9 wks - but I blanked it until twoish weeks ago. Totally forgot. Luckily, I work there so I could say "Ack! I think you sent me for blood work, did I make that up or do I suck?" and she could look it up ;) I hate needles, so I don't mind waiting :P

Becky

Married to Dusty

#191 of 340 Old 02-08-2011, 06:30 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post

I just had my appointment with the midwife! It was really fun. All my tests came back good - except Vit D which is expected where I live.

My uterus is really high - 3cm below my belly button which is 3cm higher than she expected, but it's totally there. She thinks I'll probably sit at that height for awhile while the uterus expands to the sides - apparently it's looong and lean.

Baby is doing well! Heartbeat in the 160's - it was 171 at the 9wk ultrasound. He kept running away and kicking at the doppler. It was very fun! :D

4 more weeks! Six until my next ultrasound! Luckily time is going very quickly!

That's awesome! Congratulations on a great appt. :D

I had one today as well and everything looked good. I have an u/s in four weeks and I'll be 17 weeks 2 days. I wonder if they'll be able to tell me the sex then?

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#192 of 340 Old 02-08-2011, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingmommyhood View Post

That's awesome! Congratulations on a great appt. :D

I had one today as well and everything looked good. I have an u/s in four weeks and I'll be 17 weeks 2 days. I wonder if they'll be able to tell me the sex then?

Thank you and yay! :D

Probably they can. Mine are having me wait for 20 weeks so they can see everything including the bladder (which, apparently isn't very seeable until 20), so I'll get to see most of you knowing before me! :)

Becky

Married to Dusty

#193 of 340 Old 02-09-2011, 06:24 AM

Glad you had a good appointment!  I have been seen a total of 4 times and they have yet to get out the little tape measure!  It seems like so many have had Vitamin D levels checked.  I'm thrilled that this appears to be common practice, but no one ever checked mine and I have been deficient in the past.

#194 of 340 Old 02-09-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post

Oh! And she said the way my uterus is growing - high first - is probably why I'm getting the bad ligament pain.

That explains a lot for me, thank you! My midwife felt for my uterus on Monday during our first real appointment and noticed I was very high (there is something like 9 inches between my pubic bone and my belly button - my natural waist line is very high). I have been having some crazy ligament pain, which I expected because I double jointed in nearly all my joints, but the fact I'm "carrying" high makes a lot of sense!

I've been absent from the group for a few weeks because I've been moving and we didn't have internet, but I'm so excited to be back! I had my first real prenatal with my midwife on Monday at 15 weeks (I've been emailing her from the beginning, and we've met before that, but we did all the health history stuff on Monday). It was really wonderful to hear the heartbeat again, and get to know her more. I'm feeling SO much better now that I'm securely out of the first trimester, and my appetite is BACK! Very very happy. I'm glad everyone else seems to be doing so well, also!

#195 of 340 Old 02-11-2011, 06:55 AM

Yay for good appointments! I had my second midwife appt yesterday, and listened to the heartbeat again! luxlove.gif It's so great to hear it and just feel reassured that babe's ok.  I am still waiting to feel movement, but I know it will come soon.  I am waiting until 20 weeks for an ultrasound, and it feels so far away, but I can't wait.

Ya'll, I just have to say how much I love my midwife! She is so great, and just takes such good care of all of us.  I am lucky to have her!

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
#196 of 340 Old 02-11-2011, 07:55 AM

I was supposed to have an appt today, but it might be canceled.  I just got an e-mail from my midwife saying the office burned down on 2/8!!!  OMG!!!  It's a home office that is attached to her house.  The house is fine, but might be a loss due to smoke damage.  Everyone is okay thank goodness.  She lost all her paperwork, books, test kits, computer, material, etc....EVERYTHING!  I feel just so awful for her.  She doesn't have her appt book either so she's asking everyone to call her.  I'll call later and let her know we can reschedule if she wants.  Wow!  Poor thing. 

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

#197 of 340 Old 02-11-2011, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter

Omg Bree!!! That's awful!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#198 of 340 Old 02-11-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonToBe View Post

I was supposed to have an appt today, but it might be canceled.  I just got an e-mail from my midwife saying the office burned down on 2/8!!!  OMG!!!  It's a home office that is attached to her house.  The house is fine, but might be a loss due to smoke damage.  Everyone is okay thank goodness.  She lost all her paperwork, books, test kits, computer, material, etc....EVERYTHING!  I feel just so awful for her.  She doesn't have her appt book either so she's asking everyone to call her.  I'll call later and let her know we can reschedule if she wants.  Wow!  Poor thing. 

Oh, that's so bad!

My fiance is a programmer and he says http://mozy.com is a great place where she can scan and upload her data so if it happens again she won't lose everything.

That's.. devastating.

Becky

Married to Dusty

#199 of 340 Old 02-11-2011, 01:58 PM

So I spoke with my midwife and it's just awful.  The office burned down to the ground so she lost everything...computer, vitamins, years of books she collected, equipment, etc.  Since it's attached to her house, the house got MAJOR smoke damage and will likely be inhabitable.  All her pets were killed.  Her mother lives with her and had a heart attack from it, but is okay now.  My midwife was home in the shower when it happened and had to run down the street naked because the flames came so fast.  It was from baseboard heating.  I feel so incredibly awful for her.  My husband and I are going to lend her a computer so she can do at least e-mails and stuff for now.  I'm also going to bring her some gift certificates for restaurants and some flowers.  She is in a hotel right now and dealing with insurance.  I feel soooooo bad for her. :(  Keep her in your thoughts.  Her poor animals.  They must have been so scared.  They didn't get out and I think died from the smoke, but I'm not sure.  Poor things.  I keep tearing up about it.

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

#200 of 340 Old 02-11-2011, 02:50 PM

Holy freaking cow! That's is so very heartbreaking. She lost her pets and her home and her business all at once. That is just too many things to loose at the same time. My heart goes out to her, thank goodness she has good people like you guys to help her out!

#201 of 340 Old 02-11-2011, 10:54 PM

So DH and I went to her hotel and set her up with some stuff.  She's doing okay, but not sleeping.  Poor thing.  DH fixed some things for her and we listening to her and her mom for awhile.  I feel so bad for her.  I'm going back tomorrow to bring her some toiletries and things.  They are still in shock so it's hard to know what they need until they need it. 

On a separate note, she felt my belly while I was there.  She said it feels perfect for 15 wks.  My uterus is 2 fingers below my belly button and she said it will be at about my belly button by 20 wks.  She said it's possible I felt the baby earlier this week and said many of her clients describe it as feeling a wet noodle moving around.  Sometimes I think I feel it and other times I'm not sure.

So it looks like it will be awhile before my next appt, but things are going just fine.  I just need to make better food choices consistently, but all else is good.

#202 of 340 Old 02-12-2011, 07:34 AM

Quote:

So I spoke with my midwife and it's just awful.  The office burned down to the ground so she lost everything...computer, vitamins, years of books she collected, equipment, etc.  Since it's attached to her house, the house got MAJOR smoke damage and will likely be inhabitable.  All her pets were killed.  Her mother lives with her and had a heart attack from it, but is okay now.  My midwife was home in the shower when it happened and had to run down the street naked because the flames came so fast.  It was from baseboard heating.  I feel so incredibly awful for her.  My husband and I are going to lend her a computer so she can do at least e-mails and stuff for now.  I'm also going to bring her some gift certificates for restaurants and some flowers.  She is in a hotel right now and dealing with insurance.  I feel soooooo bad for her. :(  Keep her in your thoughts.  Her poor animals.  They must have been so scared.  They didn't get out and I think died from the smoke, but I'm not sure.  Poor things.  I keep tearing up about it.

Oh man. I thought she just lost paperwork. That's so bad. Definitely keep her in our thoughts!

Becky

Married to Dusty

#203 of 340 Old 02-12-2011, 07:42 AM

Quote:

So DH and I went to her hotel and set her up with some stuff. She's doing okay, but not sleeping. Poor thing. DH fixed some things for her and we listening to her and her mom for awhile. I feel so bad for her. I'm going back tomorrow to bring her some toiletries and things. They are still in shock so it's hard to know what they need until they need it.

On a separate note, she felt my belly while I was there. She said it feels perfect for 15 wks. My uterus is 2 fingers below my belly button and she said it will be at about my belly button by 20 wks. She said it's possible I felt the baby earlier this week and said many of her clients describe it as feeling a wet noodle moving around. Sometimes I think I feel it and other times I'm not sure.

So it looks like it will be awhile before my next appt, but things are going just fine. I just need to make better food choices consistently, but all else is good.

That is so nice of you two to go support her. It must be such a difficult time for her, but the support of friends and family hopefully will lift her spirits. Let her know she is in our thoughts.

Lauren- geek.gif Hippie belly.gif wife to  S Mum to : babyf.gif D 11/09 and due end of August!

lactivist.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifcd.gifhomebirth.jpgsaynovax.gif

#204 of 340 Old 02-12-2011, 08:49 AM

Quote:

That is so awful!  It was very nice of you to take her some stuff at the hotel.  I'm sure she really appreciates it.

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (10) and Nathaniel (9) and Olivia (3).
#205 of 340 Old 02-12-2011, 10:05 AM

That's so sad, I hope she's able to get things figured out soon.

Might I add, having to run to a neighbors house/out of my home because of an emergency while naked is one of my biggest fears. yikes.gif

Mama to a 6 year old diva, and new little man July 2011.

#206 of 340 Old 02-12-2011, 11:02 AM

So, I've had a couple of appts with my family doctor so far. I don't really like him and am considering switching to his son, who is also a doctor. I can't see a midwife this time because I've already had 2 c-sections, and will be referred to an OB/GYN around 5 months.

At my last Dr. appt he had a nurse fill out the Integrated Prenatal Screen form for me....and she didn't even tell me what it was for. The testing is to check for Down's Syndrome and neural tube defects. I didn't get it done with any of my other pregnancies, and probably won't this time either. The doctor was pressuring me, saying "oh just get it done".

#207 of 340 Old 02-12-2011, 11:27 AM

Bree, that is so horrible :(  I hope she can get back on her feet soon.

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
#208 of 340 Old 02-12-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper.kettle View Post

Bree, that is so horrible :(  I hope she can get back on her feet soon.

Indeed it is.  Sympathies and best wishes for her.

I'm waiting for my third appointment, March 2nd, anxiously.  - Very anxiously, today.  Nothing seems to be wrong, and I remain very symptomatic, but having read too many mentions of missed miscarriages leaves me occasionally terrified.  Also, my next appointment includes a third ultrasound, at 16 weeks, added when one at 9 showed twins, and another at 11 failed to confirm two placentae.  They're trying to determine whether our twins are mono- or dichorionic, so as to rule out the chance of twin-to-twin transfusion, or catch it (and ratchet me up to a higher level of care) before it begins.  Even if our twins are monochorionic, the chance of transfusion syndrome looks like it's only 15%.  Yet if they do develop it, despite considerable advances in prenatal care, the risk of health problems or death are still significant.  My desire to take things well and not borrow trouble doesn't keep me from grave fear, at times... We really want these babies.

At 11 weeks, they looked great, though - well-grown, heart-rates 170 and 172, startling their daddy with their movement.  :)  Despite a lot of health problems in the past, all the tests run on me at the first visit came out clear.  (Both things to be grateful for!  )

Maybe I will feel better when I can feel them moving....  The obstetrician said that, though it's on the early side, we might see gender at this next visit.  I'm excited about that (even if we have longer to wait).  

I'm not sure whether I want to stay with the practice I'm visiting, right now; but they seem reasonably nice, competent, and careful without being panicky.

Julie, wife to my dearest friend reading.gif reading.gif since August 2009.  Mama to babyboy.gif Oliver & Lydia babygirl.gif, born August 2011.  Enjoying: slingtwin.gif and femalesling.GIFdh_malesling.GIFnursex2.gif 2twins.gifcd.gif, and looking forward to making baby food carrot.gif, and continuing to watch my wee ones grow  babyf.gifbabyf.gif.  

#209 of 340 Old 02-13-2011, 06:27 AM - Thread Starter

Bree - I could have sworn I commented yesterday but it looks like it didn't go through.  My heart really goes out to your mw and her family.  My goodness, what a horrible tragedy.  You are a real hero and friend to be helping her out so much, and I'm sure she really appreciates it.  I hope things work out for the best for her sooner than later.

Imprint -  Are you our only twin mama!?  How exciting!  I hope that all goes well with your appt and your babies are fine!  I don't know much about transfusion syndrome, only what I've caught online here and there, but I'm sure hoping there are two healthy placentas in there.  Hugs to you! 

Jessica - your u/s is TOMORROW!!  EEK I can't wait to find out!!

#210 of 340 Old 02-13-2011, 06:33 AM

Soontobe- That is so terrible :(.  My thoughts are with your mw.  So sweet of you to take her some things!

Good luck to all of you with appointments this week!  I am a nervous WRECK.  We go in Tuesday for our first level II ultrasound.  Any good thoughts (or prayers) you can spare are appreciated.  I'm terrified.  I just hope everything looks good. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page