I am feeling so scared all the time... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-02-2011, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Mamas...I am hoping maybe you can share how you handle the stress of the first trimester? I am so so scared most of the time and its taking a toll on me. I felt ok up until a week or so ago, and now it seems like people all around me are losing babies at 9, 10, 11, 13 weeks! It is really making me terrified and it also makes me wonder why I would get to keep my baby when they don't you know?

I have a Drs appt Monday (tomorrow) night so I hope that helps me a little. I had heard that you are 98% in the clear once you see a heartbeat so I was feeling really good since I saw a heartbeat in my December ultrasound, but all these losses so late? Surely they had seen or heard a heartbeat too? I just can't wait for my ultrasound tomorrow...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 01-02-2011, 05:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hugs mama!  I get that stress very much.  I was one of those unlucky 2% when I lost my Riley at 12 weeks...we'd seen his heartbeat twice.  And I've lost three other babies too.  So each time I get pg, I'm kind of a basket case.  And not necessarily all of those later losses saw heartbeats.  Usually it takes a couple of weeks after the baby passes for the m/c to start, at least in most cases I've seen.  I think we just have to trust our bodies and believe in the process, as terrifying as it is.  Hang in there!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page