I swear I can feel the baby... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-03-2011, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yesterday and today, I have had these little tiny pokes in my uterus for a quick second and then they stop. I am about 10 weeks now. Like I have butterflies inside my uterus.

I felt my daughter at 15 weeks with a much more obvious kick. I know what gas feels like, and this is too subtle for gas.

Anyone else or am I crazy?

I'm one of those women who feels ovulating. I feel lots going on inside me, if that makes me sound less crazy.  : )

::: Just another WAHM using this forum to put off picking up toys and cleaning my house.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2011, 10:10 PM

I felt my second starting at 11 weeks.  I thought I was crazy, but my m/w felt her that week too when checking me!  My uterus was tilted way forward, and she was (and still is) a super active little one.  I should have been scared lol, she crawled at 5mo, walked at 8mo!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

Old 01-04-2011, 07:43 AM

I believe you!!

I'm only 8 weeks and could *swear* I felt something the other day.  DH was like, "No way, the baby is the size of a blueberry, there's NO WAY you could feel anything."  Well, he may be right, but whatever, I felt what I felt.  

And I'm SURE you felt what you felt too! 

BTW, that's awesome!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 01-04-2011, 09:49 PM

I am fairly certain that I have started feeling some movement.  I first noticed sometime last week, so probably right around the 10w mark.  I started feeling my DD at about 12 weeks and she was my first heartbeat.gif

Partner  partners.gif(10 years) Mother to Lily hearts.gif (4 years), Jonas babyboy.gif (1.5 years),  1 dog , and 1 cat 

Old 01-04-2011, 11:58 PM

There have been times I swear I feel the baby too.  With my DD I didn't feel movement until 20 weeks or at least didn't recognize it.  This time there have been moments where I am certain it has to be baby movement. 

Jenna in love with my DH Jon, loving our 2.5 year old, Caroline Tulip, and expecting another little one in August!
Old 01-05-2011, 06:57 AM

I felt something again last night - it's just like the tiniest, subtle, little tickle.  It's different this time around b/c having had a baby move inside me before, I totally know what it feels like!!  DH still doesn't believe me, but I told him, whatever, I know what I'm feeling!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 01-05-2011, 08:29 AM

I think I've felt it too, it's like a quick little poke then nothing! :) I was totally shocked because I didn't think I could feel it so early!

treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

Old 01-05-2011, 01:26 PM

I think I've felt something too.  Just like little pokes every once in a while.  It has to be the baby, I can't think of anything else it could be!  I'm glad other people are having movement already too!  It is the most awesome feeling!

Kristen treehugger.gif mama to Chris(15)eat.gif, Kaitlyn(10)blahblah.gif, TJ(8)sleepytime.gif and Natalie(5)thumbsuck.gif & Emily(2)diaper.gif

Old 01-05-2011, 09:44 PM

I described it the exact same way. I am 8wks, and feel "little pokes" here and there.  I'm sure it's not actual movement yet, but I'm guessing its the already expanding uterus [ummm... ] expanding. LOL  I had my first u/s today and saw the heart beat! Most amazing experience!!!   So happy to be part of this thread and meeting other moms who are due in August as well!

Expecting first child1sttri.gif with DP in August 2011joy.gif eager to be a breastfeeding, winner.jpg baby-wearing femalesling.GIF mama! delayedvax.gif
Old 01-06-2011, 08:07 AM

Wow, I can't imagine that.  I've had an anterior placenta both times so I couldn't feel anything until about 19 weeks.  On the up side, I was never kept awake by kicking or anything like that that lots of people complain about.  But I would be cool to feel movement earlier!

Sarah, mother to Eloïse (5/2005), Lucas (3/2008) and Ilias (7/2011), and due with #4 (March 1, 2014)

User Tag List