Belly band - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 01-04-2011, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I have gained almost no weight (maybe a pound and that's after losing some initially), but all my pants feel tight.  I unbotton my pants at my desk at work everyday and change into my yoga pants or PJ pants when I get home.  I use a hair tie sometimes, but I want to look into a belly band.  I'm a first timer so I have no clue about these kinds of things.  From what I gather, it's a nice thing to have for in btwn the time your regular clothes fit and you start getting maternity clothes.  I'm not ready for maternity clothes, but I hate having my button done too. 

Do you recommend a particular brand?  When did you start using one?  Are they expensive?  Did you get more than one?  Should I just suck it up (or in wink1.gif) until I am ready for maternity clothes, or are they worth it?

Thanks ladies.  Edited to add that I will be 10 weeks on Friday.

Bree

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

#2 of 14 Old 01-04-2011, 12:28 PM

DDCcrashing from July. I bought the Target version, BeBand. I just bought one and wore it every day for 5 weeks. hide.gif It's pretty ratty looking now because it's kind of the same material as tights so it has some pilling on it. I had to switch to maternity pants at 11w.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#3 of 14 Old 01-04-2011, 01:24 PM

I wore mine even not pregnant when I needed a belt but didnt want a belt bulge! I just got one (white) but in hindsight wish I got black because it would look more like a layering tank if it happens to sneak out from under my shirt. But that's probably because my wardrobe is mostly dark colors :)

Wife to a wonderful man since June '04, mommy to a beautiful 3 year old son and 1 year old daughter.

#4 of 14 Old 01-04-2011, 01:48 PM

DDCC - I actually didn't get one until just a few weeks ago (33 weeks now) and I wish I'd had one sooner! It is extending the use of my maternity tops because my belly can still be covered despite the fact that I have outgrown my clothes...

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#5 of 14 Old 01-04-2011, 01:55 PM

I vote worth it!

I got the actual Bella band - either I got it online or I bought it in a Motherhood Maternity store, I can't remember.  I got a black one.  I thought about getting the beige, but I love the black b/c you can wear it under basically anything and it doesn't look like more than a tank top or a layered tee.  I felt the beige was too undergarment-y.

Anyway, I wear mine all the time.  It holds up your pants now, will help mat pants fit a little better, and you can use it postpartum too when you're not quite into your pre-preg clothes again.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#6 of 14 Old 01-04-2011, 02:01 PM

I just made one. I took one of the tight tank tops I normally wear under my shirts, cut it, and fold it in half over my pants and under my shirt. Works great for me!

Mama to a 6 year old diva, and new little man July 2011.

#7 of 14 Old 01-04-2011, 02:29 PM

Totally worth it! I use them when breastfeeding too, so I can pull up my shirt & my whole back/belly isn't exposed.

Dawn, mama to D (3.06) & N (9.07) C (11.09) & Still-in-shock surprise due in Aug!
#8 of 14 Old 01-04-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisie125 View Post

Totally worth it! I use them when breastfeeding too, so I can pull up my shirt & my whole back/belly isn't exposed.

Oooh!  Yes, I forgot about this!!  Very helpful!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#9 of 14 Old 01-04-2011, 05:08 PM

I got an actual bella band too...it has held up without any issues through my pregnancy and my sil's pregnancy and still going strong!  My bff bought the target brand and it seems pretty similar.  I'll probably buy one of those for backup.  I have black, and might get a white for summer.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#10 of 14 Old 01-04-2011, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys.  Does 10 weeks seem early to need it for a first time mom?  I just don't like having anything tight there now.  TMI, but I can't even have DH smoosh me during sex.  I haven't gained more than a pound, yet my pants all feel tight.  Normal?

Bree

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

#11 of 14 Old 01-04-2011, 06:34 PM

Totally normal! I'm only 8 weeks and feel the same, and I know it was about the same time last time, too. Besides, it's important to be comfortable! We have a long road ahead of us, so start now!

#12 of 14 Old 01-10-2011, 08:09 AM

I got a "Be Band" from Target over the weekend for $16.  Wearing it now and it's working fine!  My work pants are now fully unzipped, and I am not announcing until next week.  But boy, do I need help with my clothes!  I am sure almost everyone knows.

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#13 of 14 Old 01-10-2011, 08:17 AM

Yep, I have the Target one too, and I love it! All my maternity pants are still too big, so unless I want to be wearing stretch pants all the time (who am I kidding?) I like being able to wear my clothes longer.  Unfortunately, I have already busted out maternity tops because my t-shirts aren't long enough!

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
#14 of 14 Old 01-10-2011, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter

I am wearing my BeBand right now and I LOVE it!!!  I have my pants totally unzipped and I'm comfy.  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page