First Time Mamas' Chat **January** - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 105 Old 01-14-2011, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well, ladies, I took a "sick" day yesterday, and it was just what I needed.  I wasn't really sick, but somehow I just felt like I needed to stay home.  Wednesday night I had thrown up what I had eaten that evening, and I didn't eat any semblance of a real dinner.  I have plenty of sick time built up, so I just decided to stay home and rest.  I also feel like I can accomplish more when home alone.... granted I only crossed two things off my to-do list!  I seriously contemplated taking today as well.  We have Monday off for MLK day, so it would have given me a 5-day weekend.  But this morning I felt really guilty, so I figured I should go to work.  I anticipate taking "mental" days periodically until the baby is born!

Then today my boss was talking about scheduling out our vacation time for our department.  He (boss) has been terrible at taking vacation the past two years (and he REALLY needs to get away, for all our sake!), and I think he's going to actually plan some vacation this year.  We have 3 people in our dept, him, me, and the secretary, and has an irrational fear of more than two of us being out at once.  Both me and the secretary were off the week between Christmas and New Year's, and it seems like he nearly had a meltdown.  Sec and I discussed in our experience that week is absolutely dead in the office..... but the boss seemed to not handle as well.  Secretary always takes that week off, and 2010 was the first time I had done it since DH gets that week off for his current job.  Anyhow Boss was saying he thinks we need at least two people in the office that week, and secretary was getting upset.  I didn't say much because I know I won't even be working here then and it will be a non-issue for me.  I plan to let my boss know I plan to resign in August with plenty of advance notice, though.  I want them to be able to get a replacement for me and I certainly don't want to leave anyone high and dry.  I'm not sure how long I will wait to tell them... probably until I can't physically hide it anymore.  But it was weird having the vacation conversation knowing that I won't be here the full year!

Anyhow, on to the questions:

Have you "come out" yet on Facebook?

Not yet, but I have given this a RIDICULOUS amount of thought.  I have a number if international friends, and Facebook is the main way we keep up with each other.  I'm also friends with a lot of extended family on Facebook.  When we told both our families on Christmas, we were CLEAR that no one was to post ANYTHING on Facebook until we posted it there first.  SIL later that day posted "I got the best Christmas present ever but I can't share it yet!"  DH was not happy about that at all.  MIL has avoided telling most of her family for fear they will post congratulatory remarks on our walls and upset us.  I know my parents haven't told any of our extended family.  So, part of me is a little concerned if some family members will be unhappy they saw it first on Facebook.  I may just make sure those people can't see whatever we post.  I've been thinking we'd wait to make it "Facebook Official" until after our appointment on Monday.  See, I told you I have given this a ridiculous amount of thought!  I've even poured over exactly what I want to say, lol.

Have you registered anywhere yet? If so, where and for what, etc.

Okay, so this is kinda funny and kinda freaky.  The weekend before I got my unexpected BFP, I was bored and I decided to make a "pretend" baby registry online.  I made one at Babies R Us and Target.  Then literally a few days later found out I was actually pregnant.  Talk about weird.  Must have been the hormones rather than boredom that spurred me to make a registry!

What has been your most annoying first tri symptom?

Nausea, no question about it.

What books are you reading (about pregnancy, childbirth or not)?

Gosh, I started reading pregnancy books probably almost a year ago.  The first I read was Ina May's Guide to Childbirth (and I HIGHLY recommend it), and I have since read Birthing From Within.  I bought Sheila Kitzinger's Complete Book of Pregnancy and Childbirth after seeing her books rec'd a lot.  I read a little of the beginning and was turned off by it and have quit reading it.  I found it to be too negative for me.  I think I got an older edition because I got it at a used bookstore, so don't know if that has anything to do with it.  I browsed through Henci Goer's Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth but most of it applies to understanding medical interventions in a hospital.  I felt like I got the same info from Ina May, but in a more positive way.  I have several most in my basket waiting to be read.  I have an older version of the Bradley book that I just started.  Again, got it used, but I figure the core info is probably mostly the same.  Some stuff is outdated, though.  I have a few BFing books to read, and I want to get some on childcare since I know nothing about caring for babies, and I'd like to also get something that discusses how your marital relationship will grow/change.  Been meaning to search the threads on MDC for some rec's/.

Are you birthing at hospital or home or have you decided yet, etc?

Have hired a homebirth midwife and planning a homebirth.  Yay!

Married to DH partners.gif since 2007. Mommy to babyboy.gif 7/2011.  We bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif.

#62 of 105 Old 01-14-2011, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

Hooray! It worked!! joy.gif

mkat83 - I loved reading the story about your work. I took last Friday off as a vacay day because I had two appointments that day and I didn't want to have to explain anything because I haven't told yet either. I have my first MW appointment Wednesday and I'll have to make something up and I HATE doing that. I'll just try to be super vague. It's really awkward for me when my boss talks about stuff in the future, because even though I'll probably have to work after maternity leave, I am desperately trying to figure out a way to avoid that. We'll see.

Beckily - I'm with you on the exhaustion!! It's absolutely awful.

bonadl2 - Rhinitis? Oh no! Is there anything you can do for that?

AFM, I realized I didn't post my own responses, so:

I'm like Beckily, in that I did it too early last time and then had all sorts of people to tell about our loss that I would have rather not, so we're waiting to hear a heartbeat until we tell.

I created a registry on MyRegistry.com. It lets you add anything you see on the internet to the registry, which helps me keep track of everything I want to buy. I have only shared it with DH so he gets an idea of what we need, etc. And I also put a note on it that if anyone wants to buy it elsewhere, just to let us know they did so we can delete the one on the site to prevent duplicates. It's pretty nice, but like I said, we haven't shared it with anyone yet and probably won't for a while. It's just nice to have.

Besides exhaustion, I cry at everything, which is beyond stupid most of the time. I just don't seem to have any emotional stamina.

mkat83 I am currently reading Ina May's Guild to Childbirth and loving it! The only reason I have time to read is because I take the train to work, otherwise the only reading I'd get is on the internet at work. LOL Up next is Your Best Birth by Rikki Lake and ?? which is based on her documentary The Business of Being Born, which is awesome.

Provided all goes well, we are trying for a home water birth. I see the midwife on Wednesday. I feel super lucky to live in uber liberal Portland, because she lives and works literally down the street from us. Seriously, when I did a search on midwives in my neighborhood, there were more than twenty within a mile of me. I could not possibly be in a better place than here.

Moo.

#63 of 105 Old 01-14-2011, 08:20 PM

Okay, Miss Mommel, this is all your fault! Now I'm all registered on MyRegistry, but.. what on earth do you register?? So far I have some awesome glass bottles and flannel and terry cloth wipes!

We're very picky about.. well, everything, but at the same time.. lost!

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#64 of 105 Old 01-15-2011, 05:46 AM

Yes, we came out at around 11 weeks.  I had seen the baby moving, heard the heartbeat, it felt safe. 

We haven't registered anywhere yet because it feels too early.  I've started talking a little bit about the shower with my mom and best friend.  I made the list of people I want to be there.  But registering feels weird for some reason.  I did however see the bed set I want on Target's website.  Maybe if anyone feels like it they could help me out with it, because I'm in a predicament with it.  I DO NOT like bright things or things with ABCs and little animals on them.  We are not finding out the gender of the baby (I"m not gonna lie-I'm hoping for a girl=)...so it's hard to get gender neutral things.  I like this bedding but I don't know if it's too "girly" or not.  Anyone have any thoughts??  (Obviously we wouldn't use a pink blanket if it's a boy--) (the dust ruffle at the bottom is striped)shabby_chic_candy_patchwork_set_from_target.jpg

I think I'm going to take nausea on this one.  Wow I don't know, actually the exhaustion was pretty terrible too.  The first trimester just sucks altogether.  I am 12w2d and I'm so excited to say "good riddance!!" and move on to the 2nd.  The other annoying "symptom" is the weight gain...and my boobs.  I started at a 34D, I had to buy a 36DD yesterday.  DD!!!!!!  That is insane.

I've been reading a Mayo Clinic book and my husband and I both got copies of What to Expect.  We just went to a local thrift store a grabbed a couple when we found out we were preggo.  We've also gone to the bookstore and paged through some, but they all sort of seem to say the same thing.  And I'm not into reading other people's personal journey through pregnancy, I'm more of a facts and statistics kind of gal so I really like the Mayo Clinic one. 

We are having a hospital birth.  This was a hard decision.  Before I got pregnant I thought for sure that I would be using a birthing center, because there is one about an hour from us that is FANTASTIC.  But when it came down to it, it felt more important for us to be closer to the place to give us peace of mind, and insure that my mom and best friend could make it there ok (they will both be in the room with me along with my husband). 

Danielle (29)reading.gif married to my best friend Lou guitar.gif since 9/10/10 stillheart.gif ,mama to Ada Adelleenergy.gif since 8/5/11, and expecting a new addition around 4/19/14 stork-boy.gif
#65 of 105 Old 01-15-2011, 09:28 AM

I don't think it's too girly - but then, if it's a boy and he's in it he isn't going to care! I think it's lovely. Seems good for washing, too, nice soft colors.

I feel weird about registering, too! I'm not a "thing" person and it seems too much like a "GIMME!" list or something.

I'm horrified at boob growth as I started at a 40DD. >< Haven't been brave enough to go get refitted yet, but I'll have to soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yell View Post

We haven't registered anywhere yet because it feels too early.  I've started talking a little bit about the shower with my mom and best friend.  I made the list of people I want to be there.  But registering feels weird for some reason.  I did however see the bed set I want on Target's website.  Maybe if anyone feels like it they could help me out with it, because I'm in a predicament with it.  I DO NOT like bright things or things with ABCs and little animals on them.  We are not finding out the gender of the baby (I"m not gonna lie-I'm hoping for a girl=)...so it's hard to get gender neutral things.  I like this bedding but I don't know if it's too "girly" or not.  Anyone have any thoughts??  (Obviously we wouldn't use a pink blanket if it's a boy--) (the dust ruffle at the bottom is striped)shabby_chic_candy_patchwork_set_from_target.jpg

I think I'm going to take nausea on this one.  Wow I don't know, actually the exhaustion was pretty terrible too.  The first trimester just sucks altogether.  I am 12w2d and I'm so excited to say "good riddance!!" and move on to the 2nd.  The other annoying "symptom" is the weight gain...and my boobs.  I started at a 34D, I had to buy a 36DD yesterday.  DD!!!!!!  That is insane.

I've been reading a Mayo Clinic book and my husband and I both got copies of What to Expect.  We just went to a local thrift store a grabbed a couple when we found out we were preggo.  We've also gone to the bookstore and paged through some, but they all sort of seem to say the same thing.  And I'm not into reading other people's personal journey through pregnancy, I'm more of a facts and statistics kind of gal so I really like the Mayo Clinic one. 

We are having a hospital birth.  This was a hard decision.  Before I got pregnant I thought for sure that I would be using a birthing center, because there is one about an hour from us that is FANTASTIC.  But when it came down to it, it felt more important for us to be closer to the place to give us peace of mind, and insure that my mom and best friend could make it there ok (they will both be in the room with me along with my husband). 

Becky

Married to Dusty

#66 of 105 Old 01-15-2011, 12:35 PM

Have you "come out" yet on Facebook? No, I don't want tons of people to know until we are in the 2nd trimester.

Have you registered anywhere yet? If so, where and for what, etc. - No, and won't. We only need a few nb diapers for this baby, thats really it. 

What has been your most annoying first tri symptom? nausea :(

What books are you reading (about pregnancy, childbirth or not)? Your Best Birth - Ricki Lake and loving it. Can't wait to read The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth.

Are you birthing at hospital or home or have you decided yet, etc? Vbac in the hospital. Super bummed about that but I couldn't find a midwife that would do a homebirth that wasn't booked up :(

#67 of 105 Old 01-15-2011, 03:33 PM

No, not yet.  I want to wait until we tell in person a few more people before they find out on Facebook.  We're just not quite ready to tell some people yet.  I should say, my husband is not quite ready.  He's very private and reserved and he's going to feel so weird telling his friends and coworkers that we're having a baby.  It's so personal to him.  I understand.  I think he's going to tell them in the next couple weeks...then we'll go public.  I think I'll post a pic of my dog in her "Big Sister" shirt and tell people that way.  I'm all about the dog and she's been there for all our firsts (moving in together, when my husband proposed, our wedding, when we got our BFP, etc)...it's only fitting especially since my hubby has always called her my first born. :)

No, but I can't wait!!!  I have looked at things, but no registry.  I feel like I'd jinx it, which I know is silly, but at least I can look forward to it later.  I bet that is way more fun than doing the registry for a wedding.  That was fun, but this doesn't even compare!

Lack of appetite or when absolutely nothing sounds appetizing, but I'm hungry. 

I have read or am reading: The Idiot's Guide to Natural Childbirth, Mayo Clinic's Guide to Pregnancy (or something like that), The Pregnancy Bible, and a baby name book.  I plan to get one on hypnobirthing, vaccinations, and other things like that.

Definitely home unless my midwife finds a reason I cannot (i.e. twins, breech, etc).  I'm psyched!

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

#68 of 105 Old 01-15-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:

Yes, we came out at around 11 weeks.  I had seen the baby moving, heard the heartbeat, it felt safe. 

I'm trying to picture it as a boy bed, and I just don't see it.  Even if you used a blue blanket, aren't those flowers all over the bumper?  Is the dust ruffle pink striped?  It's very pretty, but I do think it looks too girly for a boy...not that he would care.  However, it might be that I can't really see the detail.  It's very classy looking though.

Just my two cents.

Bree

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

#69 of 105 Old 01-15-2011, 03:42 PM

I got my nursery bedding 4 years ago!!!  LOL.  I was helping a friend register at BRU and I fell in love with this set.  I just loved it soooo much.  It was exactly what I wanted and had our wedding colors in it too!  It was going to be discontinued so DH told me I could go ahead and get it as long as I was sure it was what I really wanted.  It was...so I got it.  It has in fact been discontinued (long ago) and there is no doubt in my mind that it is exactly what I want.  Winnie-the-Pooh was the theme for my nursery as a baby.  My mom handmade some things back then that I will use in the nursery for our baby. 

I thought it would be good for a boy or a girl because it's neutral colors.  It is sage, cream, and brown patches with handstitched little Pooh characters.  It has some blue edging that I could use to bring out blue for a boy, and it has some pink Piglets on there that would match girl stuff.  In the picture, the brown patches look pinkish, but in real life, they really are just brown or dark khaki.  Wel, here it is:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51C7hKd%2BPvL.jpg

I can't wait to put it up!

Bree

#70 of 105 Old 01-16-2011, 12:28 AM - Thread Starter

Ha! I registered for cloth diapers and wooden teething rings and co-sleeper sheets and little things like onesies and pajamas and baby first aid kit and baby bubble bath... *shrug* It sounded good. Oh yeah! And pregnancy massage gift certificates from my local place that does that. Have fun! (BTW, I think I worked out my little glitch from earlier today... at least for now. Have I mentioned that my worst first tri symptom is emotional crap? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post

Okay, Miss Mommel, this is all your fault! Now I'm all registered on MyRegistry, but.. what on earth do you register?? So far I have some awesome glass bottles and flannel and terry cloth wipes!

Moo.

#71 of 105 Old 01-16-2011, 12:30 AM - Thread Starter

Want to know what's insane... before I even GOT pregnant, I wore a 36GG. How's that for insane!? I have NO idea what the heck I'm going to do now.

Quote:

The other annoying "symptom" is the weight gain...and my boobs.  I started at a 34D, I had to buy a 36DD yesterday.  DD!!!!!!  That is insane.

Moo.

#72 of 105 Old 01-16-2011, 04:24 AM

Bree that is perfect!! I love it!!! :)

Lauren (28) married to DH (28) 11/4/2007.  Expecting our little peanut August 22, 2011!
#73 of 105 Old 01-16-2011, 09:35 AM

Ah, that makes sense! We are going to do a diaper service because the thought of adding even MORE, stinkier laundry to my to-do list is traumatizing. Those are good things, though! I like the first aid kit. I'm actually really excited about the cool glass bottles I found, too.

Also, GG? Oh, honey. Please get lots of those massages and do pec stretches coooonstantly. (Though that makes me feel better about starting at DD!)

I'm glad you worked out your glitch. I'm really with you on that emotional crap :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommel View Post

Ha! I registered for cloth diapers and wooden teething rings and co-sleeper sheets and little things like onesies and pajamas and baby first aid kit and baby bubble bath... *shrug* It sounded good. Oh yeah! And pregnancy massage gift certificates from my local place that does that. Have fun! (BTW, I think I worked out my little glitch from earlier today... at least for now. Have I mentioned that my worst first tri symptom is emotional crap? LOL

Quote:

Becky

Married to Dusty

#74 of 105 Old 01-16-2011, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

I missed the link yesterday... that IS beautiful!! I want... :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonToBe View Post

I got my nursery bedding 4 years ago!!!  LOL.  I was helping a friend register at BRU and I fell in love with this set.  I just loved it soooo much.  It was exactly what I wanted and had our wedding colors in it too!  It was going to be discontinued so DH told me I could go ahead and get it as long as I was sure it was what I really wanted.  It was...so I got it.  It has in fact been discontinued (long ago) and there is no doubt in my mind that it is exactly what I want.  Winnie-the-Pooh was the theme for my nursery as a baby.  My mom handmade some things back then that I will use in the nursery for our baby. 

I thought it would be good for a boy or a girl because it's neutral colors.  It is sage, cream, and brown patches with handstitched little Pooh characters.  It has some blue edging that I could use to bring out blue for a boy, and it has some pink Piglets on there that would match girl stuff.  In the picture, the brown patches look pinkish, but in real life, they really are just brown or dark khaki.  Wel, here it is:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51C7hKd%2BPvL.jpg

I can't wait to put it up!

Bree

Moo.

#75 of 105 Old 01-17-2011, 05:06 AM

Haha thanks Bree, the boy might get girly bedding then because I can't find anything else I really love.  I like the shabby chic baby line at Target and it's aimed at girls I guess. 

PS--your bedding is very nice, subtle which I like.

Danielle (29)reading.gif married to my best friend Lou guitar.gif since 9/10/10 stillheart.gif ,mama to Ada Adelleenergy.gif since 8/5/11, and expecting a new addition around 4/19/14 stork-boy.gif
#76 of 105 Old 01-17-2011, 05:08 AM

Are you kidding Mommel?!  That sounds horribly painful-although I'm sure your husband doesn't complain =) 

And I thought I had it rough with starting at a D! 

Quote:

Want to know what's insane... before I even GOT pregnant, I wore a 36GG. How's that for insane!? I have NO idea what the heck I'm going to do now.

Quote:

The other annoying "symptom" is the weight gain...and my boobs.  I started at a 34D, I had to buy a 36DD yesterday.  DD!!!!!!  That is insane.

#77 of 105 Old 01-17-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:

Haha thanks Bree, the boy might get girly bedding then because I can't find anything else I really love.  I like the shabby chic baby line at Target and it's aimed at girls I guess. 

PS--your bedding is very nice, subtle which I like.

I do like it!!  I'm sure you can boy it up, but I just thought a lot of it was floral...it's hard to see the detail.  Either way, I know it will be a beautiful nursery.  Very elegant.  Good luck!

Bree

#78 of 105 Old 01-17-2011, 03:54 PM

Hi Mamas!

I had my CNM appointment today.  It was rather uneventful for the most part.  DH went with me, so I went back first and did all the routine stuff including my annual pap.  I didn't really have a lot of questions for her since I know I won't be sticking with her for the whole pregnancy, and plus I feel pretty well-read at this point.  The high point at the end was getting to hear the heartbeat!  DH got to come back with me to hear.  She had a little difficulty getting to my cervix for the pap, so she warned me that it might be hard to hear the heartbeat.  When DH got there she commented again that it might take a while, but the want was on me for about 3 seconds before we heard what sounded like a washing machine!  So baby is there (not that I doubted) and heart is going strong!!

When we got home we both made it Facebook official.  We are such nerds-- we both critiqued what we were going to post and then clicked "share" at the exact same time.  I posted "Heard a tiny heartbeat today stillheart.gif.  <DH's name> and I will be parents in August!"  He posted, "<My Name> and I just heart the heartbeat of the newest addition to the family!"  I've been loving watching all the congrats and responses get posted.  Yes, yes, such a nerd!  orngbiggrin.gif  I think I just like the attention.

It would be my appointment after next (so 2 months from now) when I'd have an ultrasound, so we're thinking of keeping the homebirth to ourselves until after that.  DH thinks that may especially be a good idea since we're likely going to keep my mom in the dark about our birth plans.

My first appointment with my homebirth midwife is next Thursday.

Married to DH partners.gif since 2007. Mommy to babyboy.gif 7/2011.  We bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif.

#79 of 105 Old 01-17-2011, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Nope. Not kidding, unfortunately. And believe me, he finds plenty to complain about on a regular basis. LOL

Quote:

Are you kidding Mommel?!  That sounds horribly painful-although I'm sure your husband doesn't complain =) 

And I thought I had it rough with starting at a D! 

Moo.

#80 of 105 Old 01-17-2011, 07:08 PM

hug2.gif

Quote:

Nope. Not kidding, unfortunately. And believe me, he finds plenty to complain about on a regular basis. LOL I'm really not so sure we're going to make it through this pregnancy. 

Becky

Married to Dusty

#81 of 105 Old 01-18-2011, 05:44 AM

mkat -- Congratulations on hearing the heartbeat!  How exciting!

Lauren (28) married to DH (28) 11/4/2007.  Expecting our little peanut August 22, 2011!
#82 of 105 Old 01-19-2011, 01:06 PM

Hi ladies.  If it's not too rude, I'm going to thread crash for a minute.  I'm not a first time mama, but I've been lurking on this chat for a while because I love reading about all the first time mama excitement.  It makes me think back to my pregnancy with my DS with fond memories winky.gif

Anyhoo..I wanted to take your poll because I have a few amazing books that I'd really like to throw out there as recommendations.  They were very inspirational and helpful to me as a first time mama.  Feel free to ignore the second time mama if you are so inclined and I promise I'll lurk quietly after this post redface.gif

Have you "come out" yet on Facebook?  No.  We had a missed miscarriage last year at 14 wks, so I'm a little gun shy this time around.  Planning to wait a couple more weeks for that announcement.

I have a registry on Amazon, but it's mostly a place to keep track of the stuff I want to buy.  If this one turns out to be a girl, I may make a public registry, otherwise, we have just about anything boy related we could possibly need already.

What has been your most annoying first tri symptom?  I'm an emotional train wreck!

The Birth Book

Husband-Coached Childbirth,

A Child is Born,

Pushed:The Painful Truth About Childbirth and Modern Maternity Care, 

The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding,

The Happiest Baby on the Block,

Birth Without Violence

Are you birthing at hospital or home or have you decided yet, etc?  Planning a homebirth!!!!!  Yay!!!

~Erica~ Married to the love of my life ~ Mama to Nickolas jog.gif6/14/09 and Alexander 8/4/11 and Aiden brokenheart.gifgone too soon at 14 weeks~    

fly-by-nursing1.gifselectivevax.gifnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif
#83 of 105 Old 01-19-2011, 02:03 PM

Thank you very much! I personally don't even feel it's thread crashing. I hope things go beautifully for you this time :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by egmaranian View Post

Hi ladies.  If it's not too rude, I'm going to thread crash for a minute.  I'm not a first time mama, but I've been lurking on this chat for a while because I love reading about all the first time mama excitement.  It makes me think back to my pregnancy with my DS with fond memories winky.gif

Anyhoo..I wanted to take your poll because I have a few amazing books that I'd really like to throw out there as recommendations.  They were very inspirational and helpful to me as a first time mama.  Feel free to ignore the second time mama if you are so inclined and I promise I'll lurk quietly after this post redface.gif

Have you "come out" yet on Facebook?  No.  We had a missed miscarriage last year at 14 wks, so I'm a little gun shy this time around.  Planning to wait a couple more weeks for that announcement.

I have a registry on Amazon, but it's mostly a place to keep track of the stuff I want to buy.  If this one turns out to be a girl, I may make a public registry, otherwise, we have just about anything boy related we could possibly need already.

What has been your most annoying first tri symptom?  I'm an emotional train wreck!

The Birth Book

A Child is Born,

Birth Without Violence

Are you birthing at hospital or home or have you decided yet, etc?  Planning a homebirth!!!!!  Yay!!!

Becky

Married to Dusty

#84 of 105 Old 01-19-2011, 02:18 PM

Thanks so much, Becky!

Quote:

Thank you very much! I personally don't even feel it's thread crashing. I hope things go beautifully for you this time :)

~Erica~ Married to the love of my life ~ Mama to Nickolas jog.gif6/14/09 and Alexander 8/4/11 and Aiden brokenheart.gifgone too soon at 14 weeks~    

fly-by-nursing1.gifselectivevax.gifnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif
#85 of 105 Old 01-19-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by egmaranian View Post

The Birth Book

A Child is Born,

Birth Without Violence

yeahthat.gif

#86 of 105 Old 01-20-2011, 09:27 AM

I have heard a lot about many of these books.  I have an older edition of Husband-Coached Childbirth that I have recently began reading through.  I also have the Womanly Art of Breastfeeding that I haven't gotten to yet.  I think I've done a good deal of reading on birth, so now maybe I need to read more on things pertinent to after baby arrives!  I've also heard great things about The Happiest Baby on the Block, so I am going to try to snag that one as well.  We have a great used bookstore here with two locations, and I love going there and checking for hidden treasures in the pregnancy and birth sections.  I make a b-line to that section as soon as I walk in!

And when I really want a book and can't find it there, I usually go to half.com to get it used.

#87 of 105 Old 01-20-2011, 09:49 AM

Hi All,

Joining in this thread after reading it for a while. Well. for the first time I actually posted something on DDC forum. I've been having terrible nausea, vomit, round ligament pain, and just recently terrible mood swing...u name it I got it! Nausea has improved much...Oh, I'm pregnant for the first time ever! We are very excited. I'm 12 weeks as of today! yay! I will write more later...for now that's about it. I've joined the roll call thread too! Good luck everyone! :)

belly.gif heartbeat.gif   computergeek2.gif  
#88 of 105 Old 01-20-2011, 10:49 AM

Welcome! :) Sounds like fun! Why did we all want to do this again??

Becky

Married to Dusty

#89 of 105 Old 01-20-2011, 09:34 PM

The baby in the apartment above me is crying and crying.. and it about has me crying along with it. Gah. Sleepless nights and headaches and screaming to come. The helplessness when they're sick and you can't make them feel better.

I want a baby, but can't help but wonder (two posts in a row!) what am I getting myself into??

Becky

Married to Dusty

#90 of 105 Old 01-21-2011, 09:39 AM

Welcome noorjahan!  At least we have each other to commiserate with :)

Beckily-- I think we must gain super powers once we give birth.  That's all I can figure!

For days I've had this weird pain basically deep inside the left side of my butt.  Its as if the pain is coming from the very point where my leg bone must connect to my hip.  I feel it when I take a step.  Its not debilitating, but feels sore.  I've been trying to figure out if it has to do with the way I am sleeping or what.  I've been sleeping with a small round neck bolster pillow hugged to my chest for a while to support my boobs, and last night I put another one between my legs to see what impact that would have.  DH says its like having a small furry animal between us, lol.

And oh, I bought a box of maternity clothes from a lady off of Craigslist.  I tried on all the pants last night, and I think I may be in love with maternity pants.  Seriously, why don't we wear these all the time?  Most of the pants are slightly too long for me, though, so gotta decide if I want to get them hemmed.  It was at least 20 plus items from Motherhood and other similar places.  I got it for $150, which seems like a really good deal.  It also included a Bella Band, which is nice for right now!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page