I hurt myself moving - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-08-2011, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I did a lot of moving this morning.  Including carrying heavy boxes and things.  Now I have a sharp/crampy pain in my lower belly that has me nervous.  I am pretty sure lifting stuff can't cause a miscarriage, but boy do I feel dumb right now.  It's just me and dd though, so I really don't know how else I am supposed to get stuff like this done.

Heavy sigh.  Does anyone know if the pain sounds normal?  Kind of feels like a pulled muscle in my tummy I guess.

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#2 of 5 Old 01-08-2011, 05:04 PM

I get a horrible stabbing pain if I roll over wrong or get up in an incorrect fashion. You've made the Pelvic Gods angry but if you can relax rub your belly gently and apologize, maybe it will help?

If you're still having stabbing pains tomorrow, talk to a doctorish person about it, I'd say. Unless you felt something tearing while moving something I wouldn't worry too much, though. And don't do that again! :)

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#3 of 5 Old 01-08-2011, 05:18 PM

I'm in the middle of moving right now, as well, so I know how you feel!! I've moved some things, but I do try to limit myself on how much I can carry. Anything that *needs* to be touching my stomach for me to move (say, a box that I need to balance on my torso - if that makes sense) is strictly out. Is it a possibility to limit yourself to carrying things like that?

Can you ask friends for help? We've been extremely blessed to have a handful of friends come over and help us move. I mainly direct, pack boxes, and unpack them once they're moved in. It seems to work well for us, but I absolutely know how hard it is to get friends to commit.

I hope you feel better soon!

#4 of 5 Old 01-08-2011, 05:38 PM

The muscles, ligaments, joints, and tendons are all just looser and you're more prone to pulling things. You probably haven't done yourself major damage- lie down and take it easy and you'll probably feel better tomorrow. =)

~Rose

#5 of 5 Old 01-08-2011, 05:43 PM

I get crampy in my pelvic region when I move around a lot too. The midwife said that the cramping is ok, as long as it's not accompanied by any spotting/bleeding. The cramping is just because the uterus is growing, and when you move you are stretching it around a little. We're moving at the end of the month, and I am wondering how I am going to get this stuff done too!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page