Recipes! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-12-2011, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Several of us have posted recipes of things that have been making us happy, why not make it official? Then we can have our pregnancy recipe guide all together for later! :D

For breakfast this am:

http://www.food.com/recipe/whole-wheat-pancakes-47669

I add in some spoons of cottage cheese (for fabulous moistness and protein), ginger and cinnamon powder.

These are great for kids, too, as they have honey in them so there is no need for syrup - in fact, that would probably be gross.

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2011, 07:07 PM

mmmmm.... sounds yummy!

My new favorite breakfast is a whole wheat bagel sandwich with an egg over medium, Morning Star sausage, and a slice of Tilamook sharp cheddar cheese. If I don't eat a lot of protein first thing in the morning, I get very cranky these days. :)

One of my favorite dinners is falafel pitas with hummus. Usually I just buy the Fantastic brand falafel mix at the store (you must have to add water), make little patties and bake them on a cookie sheet at 400 for about 20 minutes (flip them halfway through) instead of frying them. Then make a pita sandwich with chopped red onion, cucumber, tomatoes, spinach or lettuce, and top with plain yogurt or hummus.

Someday when I have more time on my hands I'm going to try to make the falafel homemade with this recipe: http://naturalparentsnetwork.com/yummy-baked-falafel/ .

I can't wait to see what you all suggest, I'm getting tired of my same old recipes!

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

Old 01-13-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat13 View Post

mmmmm.... sounds yummy!

My new favorite breakfast is a whole wheat bagel sandwich with an egg over medium, Morning Star sausage, and a slice of Tilamook sharp cheddar cheese. If I don't eat a lot of protein first thing in the morning, I get very cranky these days. :)

OMG.  this is EXACTLY what i've been craving!  Except we eat meat, and dh makes his own venison breakfast sausage and it's DIVINE.  Actually, I think I know what I'm having for dinner tonight! lol

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

Old 01-24-2011, 01:06 AM

I just tried a new recipe yesterday for tomatoe bisque, and it is now my absolute new fav soup! I found it on allrecipes.com and only made a few substitutions...

I sauted the onions in olive oil instead of butter, and used half and half instead of cream, though it would prob work with milk or even nothing. And I pureed the whole batch, cause I like it creamy. Also, I sprinkled fresh chopped basil on top just before serving... YUM!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Tomato-Bisque-III/Detail.aspx

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

User Tag List