Bizzaro Dreams - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 56 Old 02-05-2011, 09:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

How did I miss this thread?? I looooove dreams! I'm one of those people that remembers my dreams every morning and as I wake up throughout the night, I usually fall back into the same dream. So my dreams sometimes end up being crazy long.

I have been having tons of dreams where I have the baby (or two) and then I immediately leave the hospital and go about my life, then a day or two later I will realize that I in some manner have not been taking care of the babies. Sometimes I have left them in the car (!!!), other times I just notice I haven't nursed them at all since they were born. The great part is that at this point I panic, but when I get to the babies, they are sleeping, so I still don't feed them. Perfect!

My other constant dream (pregnant or not) is that my DH is really horrible. Sometimes he cheats on me. The cheating is always right in front of me, he'll move her into our house and make me give her all my clothers. Other times he's just mean. One time, in a dream, he made me stand naked in front of his friends and brothers while they made "improvement notes" on clipboards for him to review. I have these all.the.time. I'll curl up into him in the morning and he'll kind of sigh and say, "I would never do whatever it was".

Two nights this week I have woken up on the verge of the big O hide.gif This has never happened to me ever, but I have heard about it...crazy

#32 of 56 Old 02-08-2011, 06:03 AM

Oh my God.  I had one of THOSE dreams.  I had my first ever pregnant orgasm dream.  Holy crap.  Weirdest thing ever.  Awesome, but so weird.  I woke up to it.  And it must have been all in my head because I wasn't "doing" anything.  So strange!  I almost think I dreamt the whole thing, but I know I didn't.  Has anyone else had one of these yet?

Lauren (28) married to DH (28) 11/4/2007.  Expecting our little peanut August 22, 2011!
#33 of 56 Old 02-08-2011, 06:18 AM

Um...yep.  Quite a few actually!  Aren't they weird!?  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#34 of 56 Old 02-08-2011, 06:30 AM

YES!  Totally weird!!! 

Lauren (28) married to DH (28) 11/4/2007.  Expecting our little peanut August 22, 2011!
#35 of 56 Old 02-09-2011, 12:56 PM

Ugh what's the deal with the dreams????  I had one that an 8-10 year old child was running around the house killing people and we were all terrified and hiding not knowing what was going on.  Later I found a young couple hanging from the ceiling in a small closet sized room and eventually we figured out it was the little boy murdering everyone but at that point we were all locked in the same room with him!

And why is sleep so restless even when not dreaming?  I go to bed around 9 or 10 and get up around 7am, I'm completely exhausted and I get headaches every day now.  Do you guys feel the same?

First time mama!  belly.gif
#36 of 56 Old 02-09-2011, 01:19 PM

YES. I am sleeping 9-10 hours a night and it is not enough.

Last night in my dream, DH went to go ice fishing in India and took me with him. I was needing to do laundry so I was looking in people's garages to see if anyone had a washer and dryer I could use without getting caught. I found one, but I chickened out and knocked on the door to ask if I could use them and I gave her 20 dollars. So I left to go get my laundry and when I got to the hotel, my friends wanted to go out to clubs to celebrate one of them getting engaged. So we went out and we were all admiring her ring, which instead of a diamond, it had a dorito on it lol.gif

This dream and most of the lately have horses dying, being killed, or in danger of being killed. I don't know what that means. We live on a ranch, I have horses right outside my window and they have always been a part of my life, so it's not totally random. I just think it is really odd.  

#37 of 56 Old 02-09-2011, 01:39 PM

I dreamed that someone was giving me a baby and that it hadn't been nursed for awhile, so they weren't sure if it would nurse.. but it did. And it was really awesome :)

And then lots of other weird things, but I just am loving the memory of the sweet little new baby nursing.

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#38 of 56 Old 02-09-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakemama579 View Post

Wow, these dreams are all too great/weird for words!  Amazing!  Keep em coming.

Last night I dreamt about the apocolypse again.  I wish my dreams were a little less dramatic and depressing.  The world ended, and my family and I were walking around like vagrants through the city.  I lost my husband because he stopped to look at some old lady's box full of bunny rabbits for sale, so it was just my DS and I wandering around and there were others wandering around too but they were all theives because we were all starving for food,etc.  I don't want to dream it again!

I keep having dreams about the apocolypse as well! Mine aren't too bad though, my family goes and lives on this island in Lake Michigan that has an old orchard on it to escape all the craziness. The only time it was bad is when I had to give birth on the island and for some reason we couldn't cut the cord. There was something wrong, and then I woke up.

This also maybe TMI, but is anyone else having sex dreams? I told my husband we don't need to have sex because I'm having enough with him in my dreams haha

#39 of 56 Old 02-09-2011, 02:47 PM

I have been having a ton of baby related dreams.  It's so weird because all of them are so reassuring - every single time I give birth to a perfectly healthy child, which is what I fear is not going to happen!

Last night (actually early this morning) I woke myself up in hysterics because in my dream I beat my husband up!  WTH?  He told his mom I was pregnant.  We have agreed not to tell anyone yet and he told her.  In the dream he rationalized it by saying "well, she would find out anyways since you aren't riding the rollercoasters". lol 

I am also having weight related dreams which is very realistic for me since it's all I think about! 

I know I have had major weird dreams but I can't remember them!

#40 of 56 Old 02-10-2011, 07:51 AM

I keep having dreams that things like nails and rocks have been birthing out of my body.  They usually come out of the skin in my hands and arms.  I think I've been reading too many graphic birthing stories!

Erin
Married to my best friend joy.gif  Waiting patiently for our first baby  whistling.gif due on Aug. 28.

It's a energy.gif!
#41 of 56 Old 02-10-2011, 10:16 AM

I have never had dreams that were particularly coherent or made sense, so I'm not surprised to have those kinds of dreams in pregnancy.  I have had maybe two dreams so far where I think I had an orgasm in my sleep.  I wonder later if I was making noise or moving, but DH has never noticed anything.  Last night I dreamed that we had a baby boy and I was nursing him.  Later there were some kittens doing something, a 4 wheeler with a trailer behind it, and I think some of it took place at my parents' house/farm.  Seems like there were some guinea pigs and hamsters in the chicken coop.  I always seem to have my parents house in my dreams somehow.  I also often dream about my grade school, but haven't so far during pregnancy.

I plan a lot of events, and I often will start dreaming about them before they occur...about things going wrong.  I haven't had any event dreams in a while, but a few nights ago I had a dream about an event I am planning in May.

Married to DH partners.gif since 2007. Mommy to babyboy.gif 7/2011.  We bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif.

#42 of 56 Old 02-10-2011, 10:19 AM

I just had my first dream with a baby in it! It was so weird, I was just carrying around this child, maybe 6-7 months old, and everybody kept telling me it was my baby and I kept saying "I just don't remember giving birth to this baby at all, how is this my baby?" It's funny because before we got married I kept having dreams that the wedding would be happening without me and people would tell me after that I was married. They are kind of similar in a way, like I am afraid of missing out on the big event?

#43 of 56 Old 02-10-2011, 10:26 AM

I had a dream Mt. Rainier erupted and we had to go and stock up on supplies lol!  (we're in the ash zone, but out of major danger though)  I was fighting people for water and canned beans!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#44 of 56 Old 02-10-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeans View Post

I had a dream Mt. Rainier erupted and we had to go and stock up on supplies lol!  (we're in the ash zone, but out of major danger though)  I was fighting people for water and canned beans!

Gah. I really hope it doesn't do that anytime soon. I keep telling myself that I'm not in the way, but you never know how they'll blow!

And if it erupts, I'll loan you some canned beans - no fighting ;)

Becky

Married to Dusty

#45 of 56 Old 02-10-2011, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, so for the first time ever I dreamt last night that I gave birth!  From start to finish-- the dream must have lasted for hours with the amount of detail.  And I totally fell in love with baby (which is something I'm nervous about because it is so hard for me to imagine loving anyone as much as DS)

Good news to report from my dream-- it was a VBAC!! ;) and a GIRL!! ;)

Let's hope it comes to fruition in real life.

#46 of 56 Old 02-10-2011, 05:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I love this thread!  I always have bizarre dreams, but lately they're even weirder.  Many involve stressful baby-related situations.  In one, I brought the baby home, then realized I didn't have any diapers, nor did I have a car seat.  So I asked my sister to watch the baby while I went to the store, but she just wanted to talk on the phone and ignore the baby.  In another dream, I gave birth, unassisted, to twins.

I've had dreams that I was dating guy friends that I've never been into in that way in real life, and in one dream I was dating Bruce Springsteen!

Last night, I had a dream that my friend's father died, and my friend and his siblings (3 beautiful sisters that don't exist in real life) wanted a "unique" funeral.  They invited my family, some gypsies, and some taxi drivers.  The sisters dumped bowls of cereal (Fruit Loops and Rice Krispies) over their heads while chanting and dancing.  Then they showed a clip from a movie their dad had had a bit part in, back in the 80s.  He was driving a Suburban that was inside of a huge van, and talking on a big old-fashioned cell phone.  He was yelling "I'm in a Suburban, IN A VAN!"

Yeah.  No clue where that one came from.

Working mom and grad student with a weird husband, a few cats, and a nifty kid!   Anton, born 8/9/11 jog.gif

#47 of 56 Old 02-10-2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaika View Post

I love this thread!  I always have bizarre dreams, but lately they're even weirder.  Many involve stressful baby-related situations.  In one, I brought the baby home, then realized I didn't have any diapers, nor did I have a car seat.  So I asked my sister to watch the baby while I went to the store, but she just wanted to talk on the phone and ignore the baby.  In another dream, I gave birth, unassisted, to twins.

I've had dreams that I was dating guy friends that I've never been into in that way in real life, and in one dream I was dating Bruce Springsteen!

Last night, I had a dream that my friend's father died, and my friend and his siblings (3 beautiful sisters that don't exist in real life) wanted a "unique" funeral.  They invited my family, some gypsies, and some taxi drivers.  The sisters dumped bowls of cereal (Fruit Loops and Rice Krispies) over their heads while chanting and dancing.  Then they showed a clip from a movie their dad had had a bit part in, back in the 80s.  He was driving a Suburban that was inside of a huge van, and talking on a big old-fashioned cell phone.  He was yelling "I'm in a Suburban, IN A VAN!"

Yeah.  No clue where that one came from.

I'm a very big fan of that last dream, can I have it next??

Becky

Married to Dusty

#48 of 56 Old 02-11-2011, 06:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Sure, Beckily.  I'm done with it :)

Working mom and grad student with a weird husband, a few cats, and a nifty kid!   Anton, born 8/9/11 jog.gif

#49 of 56 Old 02-15-2011, 12:02 PM

I dreamed that the baby kicked so I poked it back and then it went nuts, kicking up a storm. So I ran to show Dusty and when we looked, we could see the whole shape of the foot through my skin, and Dusty grabbed it. And it was cool. I was looking forward to posting, until I woke up again and realized it was a dream ;)

Becky

Married to Dusty

#50 of 56 Old 02-15-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckily View Post

I dreamed that the baby kicked so I poked it back and then it went nuts, kicking up a storm. So I ran to show Dusty and when we looked, we could see the whole shape of the foot through my skin, and Dusty grabbed it. And it was cool. I was looking forward to posting, until I woke up again and realized it was a dream ;)

That one will probably happen for the most part towards the end. You'll be able to sit there and watch your belly swift and bulge in pretty dramatic ways. It's not uncommon to be able to see outlines of different body parts.

#51 of 56 Old 02-15-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatha_Ann View Post

That one will probably happen for the most part towards the end. You'll be able to sit there and watch your belly swift and bulge in pretty dramatic ways. It's not uncommon to be able to see outlines of different body parts.

I'm so looking forward to that!

I was massaging a woman once, during her third trimester. Rubbing her belly and being all blissful, because that part is awesome, and then the baby kicked me! I was so surprised that I jumped back! We both laughed at me a lot. Usually I'm not so startled by it, but that one got me ;)

Becky

Married to Dusty

#52 of 56 Old 02-15-2011, 03:32 PM

Ok - my dreams are so awful, I'm hating it!  last night I woke myself up CRYING, not once, but twice!  I'm reverting back to my worrying ways that were before dh and I even got married - over 12 years ago.  I was dreaming about him cheating on me.  Ugh!  I also am non stop dreaming about losing my children.  It is AWFUL.  I hate it.  I wish I could program my brain to have better dreams.  Even bizarre dreams, but not dreams that wake you up crying in a cold sweat.  I wonder if it has anything to do with the B6 I've taken the last few days.  Hmmm...

#53 of 56 Old 02-15-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiemomto2 View Post

Ok - my dreams are so awful, I'm hating it!  last night I woke myself up CRYING, not once, but twice!  I'm reverting back to my worrying ways that were before dh and I even got married - over 12 years ago.  I was dreaming about him cheating on me.  Ugh!  I also am non stop dreaming about losing my children.  It is AWFUL.  I hate it.  I wish I could program my brain to have better dreams.  Even bizarre dreams, but not dreams that wake you up crying in a cold sweat.  I wonder if it has anything to do with the B6 I've taken the last few days.  Hmmm...

This happened to me the night before last. I had two horrifying, violent dreams right in a row, and I woke up crying from the second one.  I don't think I've ever actually cried while dreaming.  It was miserable.  I was scared to go to bed last night, but I didn't have (or at least didn't remember) any nightmares. 

My favorite weird dream from my first pregnancy (this is my second--eight years later) involved my giving birth to a solid chocolate baby, which I ate. dizzy.gif

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#54 of 56 Old 02-15-2011, 07:32 PM

So my theme of people killing/threatening horses continues, but now skunks have entered in as well. Three nights in a row there have been skunks in my dream. One night there was one on my porch and I couldn't figure out how to get in the house around it. The next night there was a skunk chasing one of my little daycare girls and baby skunks were clinging to her, clawing and biting, and I couldn't pull them off. Then last night there were skunks trying to get into my house, windows and doors. Ugh! I don't get it. We have tons of skunks where I live, but this isn't really the bad season. Plus, they've never scared me! My dogs take care of them pretty quickly, and I've only ever encountered one that was rabid...I just don't know why they are in my head so much!

#55 of 56 Old 02-15-2011, 10:03 PM

Veggiemom: I'm sorry you're having such bad nightmares :( When I get stressed out I start to have really disturbing nightmares too, I know how traumatizing it can be, even if you know they aren't real, you still have those feelings and it really sticks with you. Do you have any kind of MP3 player you can listen too as you are falling asleep? I started listening to classical music (I like Dvorak and Motzart) and also listening to some guided meditations as I lay there falling asleep and it really did cut down the number of nightmares significantly. I think if you can listen to something that will make your mind feel relaxed and safe, it helps.

#56 of 56 Old 02-16-2011, 10:03 AM

I think the B6 could definitely be part of the culprit. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiemomto2 View Post

Married to DH partners.gif since 2007. Mommy to babyboy.gif 7/2011.  We bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page