Bizzaro Dreams - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 56 Old 01-16-2011, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So, just like baby #1, I'm having the strangest dreams!  All night last night they were reoccuring dreams about the apocalypse (yuck!).  I thought I'd start a thread so we can all share any vivid and totally weird dreams we've been having. 

And any good interpreters out there??

#2 of 56 Old 01-16-2011, 08:59 PM

Ummm... how about "life as you know it is completely over"?  Sheepish.gif

Moo.

#3 of 56 Old 01-16-2011, 09:00 PM

And for the record, I had one last night about an alien baby emerging from my belly. Freaked me out big time! 

Moo.

#4 of 56 Old 01-16-2011, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommel View Post

spitdrink.gif

Last night I had a dream that I was giving birth to twins. But somehow after the first one my uterus came out, I could see into it, and the second baby sort of crawled out dizzy.gif Yet I was sort of pushing it out at the same time. Then I had the second placenta in my hands and I was telling DH urgently to get the placenta bowl. When I went to put the second placenta in it I saw that the first one was already there. I remembered meaning to eat the placenta but changed my mind because it seemed gross. Because the uterus was "out" and I could see it (sitting on my bedroom floor!) there was very little bleeding. Both babies were boys with big, clear blue eyes and blond hair and they were developmentally about 1 year old and running around. And clothed I think, right out of the womb. It was not a scary dream in any way, sort of interesting and enjoyable.

Later in the dream I was trying to give one of the boys (now several years older looking) a talking to for something and my mom kept interfering. I got really mad at her and kept trying to tell her that if she kept interfering I would never have any authority with the boys.

Next! lol.gif

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#5 of 56 Old 01-17-2011, 03:03 AM

I dreamed my vulva fell off. Like, I was going to the bathroom and wiped and it just slid off. There was a shiny new pink one underneath. It didn't hurt. It was REALLY WEIRD.

~Rose

#6 of 56 Old 01-17-2011, 07:05 AM

I had a dream last night that my mother was dying to come over to my house and look for You Tube videos of Elton John's "Tiny Dancer". We were both canceling important things left and right, because we really had to watch these Elton John videos. My brother kept telling us we were crazy, but I kept telling him he just didn't understand!

Jen, music nerd mama to two kiddos with one more on the way in August 2011!
#7 of 56 Old 01-17-2011, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseRedHoofbeats View Post

I dreamed my vulva fell off. Like, I was going to the bathroom and wiped and it just slid off. There was a shiny new pink one underneath. It didn't hurt. It was REALLY WEIRD.

~Rose

Ok that *is* weird!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommel View Post

LMAO! biglaugh.gif

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#8 of 56 Old 01-17-2011, 09:35 AM

The crazy/wild/vivid dreams is a pregnancy sign for me. lol.gif

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#9 of 56 Old 01-17-2011, 10:03 AM

Every night for the past week or so I have had "catastrophic" non-baby-related nightmares. I wake up all sweaty and feel like I'm not well rested, and I remember my nightmares very well which is not normal for me. I try to have my husband interpret them for me, but he's not amused. They are all kind of sad and horrific, and all different from each other. I hope they stop!!

Katie :: Our baby boy is due August 11, 2011!
#10 of 56 Old 01-17-2011, 10:20 AM

I had a dream that my husband joined the Army again, and then divorced me and married some Russian chick named Anya that was also in the Army (the US Army). I was SO irrationally mad at him when I woke up!

Tamera winner.jpg - wife to Robb, mama to Aidan 1/2004, Evie 9/2009, and Augustus 8/2011

#11 of 56 Old 01-17-2011, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I've had sooooo many weird dreams but one was where I was at a food stand trying to buy a dish of softserve with Oreos in it. The woman gave me three tiny tiny cones with ice cream and whipped cream and I was like..."I don't want these!" it went on and on until finally she ended up giving me a pizza which I then dropped on the floor and asked her for a banana as a consolation to which she gave me one wet slimy peach slice and a red gummi bear. I seemed happy with that. LOL.

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#12 of 56 Old 01-17-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamerle View Post

The crazy/wild/vivid dreams is a pregnancy sign for me. lol.gif

ditto. I never remember my dreams unless I'm pregnant.

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#13 of 56 Old 01-18-2011, 04:01 AM

Quote:

~Rose

Wow! That must be symbolic on so many levels but I can't get my mushy brain around it right now.

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#14 of 56 Old 01-18-2011, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingmommyhood View Post

I've had sooooo many weird dreams but one was where I was at a food stand trying to buy a dish of softserve with Oreos in it. The woman gave me three tiny tiny cones with ice cream and whipped cream and I was like..."I don't want these!" it went on and on until finally she ended up giving me a pizza which I then dropped on the floor and asked her for a banana as a consolation to which she gave me one wet slimy peach slice and a red gummi bear. I seemed happy with that. LOL.

Mmmmmm....soft serve with Oreos....

I had a strange dream last night that they were evicting us from our house (weird because we own it, we don't rent) and they were outside with a wrecking ball about to knock it down with all our stuff and with PEOPLE in it!  I was running in and out trying to save things and no one cared.  I woke up all sweaty and panting.  Ugh.  Luckily (and surprisingly) I was able to fall back to sleep pretty quickly.

Lauren (28) married to DH (28) 11/4/2007.  Expecting our little peanut August 22, 2011!
#15 of 56 Old 01-18-2011, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, these dreams are all too great/weird for words!  Amazing!  Keep em coming.

Last night I dreamt about the apocolypse again.  I wish my dreams were a little less dramatic and depressing.  The world ended, and my family and I were walking around like vagrants through the city.  I lost my husband because he stopped to look at some old lady's box full of bunny rabbits for sale, so it was just my DS and I wandering around and there were others wandering around too but they were all theives because we were all starving for food,etc.  I don't want to dream it again!

#16 of 56 Old 01-18-2011, 06:11 PM

LOL! I'm sorry but that sounds just so funny. Of course not at the time but...well, you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonadl2 View Post

Quote:

I had a strange dream last night that they were evicting us from our house (weird because we own it, we don't rent) and they were outside with a wrecking ball about to knock it down with all our stuff and with PEOPLE in it!  I was running in and out trying to save things and no one cared.  I woke up all sweaty and panting.  Ugh.  Luckily (and surprisingly) I was able to fall back to sleep pretty quickly.

#17 of 56 Old 01-19-2011, 01:50 AM

I had a dream about my first dog, Annie, that I got when I was eight. She died last May. It was just a pleasant dream about spending time with her, petting her and brushing her. I dreamed about her very often in my first pregnancy, and she was actually a main feature of the first dream that I had before I had even tested. She's my Mother archetype figure- I saw her give birth to two litters, when I was eight and eleven, and it definitely left it's mark on me.

~Rose

#18 of 56 Old 01-19-2011, 05:39 AM

Quote:

LOL! I'm sorry but that sounds just so funny. Of course not at the time but...well, you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonadl2 View Post

Quote:

Hahaha. :)  I know!  Craziness!!!

Lauren (28) married to DH (28) 11/4/2007.  Expecting our little peanut August 22, 2011!
#19 of 56 Old 01-19-2011, 01:45 PM

Bizarro dreams....excellent way to describe them! I've had a few baby and birth dreams...very weird ones. Last night I just had annoying dream after dream after dream. My mind is really working overtime at night!

Jen - 39, happily married, mom to Amanda - 7 and expecting the next little one August 2011
#20 of 56 Old 01-19-2011, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

Weird.  Maybe you're meant to name your baby Annie if it is a girl?  Idk, maybe that's dumb, but I would think that it is significant (plus it happens to be one of my favorite names ;)

Quote:

I had a dream about my first dog, Annie, that I got when I was eight. She died last May. It was just a pleasant dream about spending time with her, petting her and brushing her. I dreamed about her very often in my first pregnancy, and she was actually a main feature of the first dream that I had before I had even tested. She's my Mother archetype figure- I saw her give birth to two litters, when I was eight and eleven, and it definitely left it's mark on me.

~Rose

#21 of 56 Old 01-19-2011, 05:11 PM

I had a dream last night (still trying to remember it clearly) that I had to transform into an octopus.  I think I was underwater.  Not sure.

My translation is that I feel like I need 8 arms lately!! DD is SO demanding and I feel like I'm getting nothing accomplished!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#22 of 56 Old 01-19-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:

This made me cry because I grew up with a dog like that. It's so amazing how much they are a part of your family and can play such an important role in your life! It's so nice that you get to see her in your dreams :)

Quote:
I had a dream last night (still trying to remember it clearly) that I had to transform into an octopus.  I think I was underwater.  Not sure.

ROTFLMAO.gifOk, THAT is funny! So did you succeed in your transformation?

I have been having really intense ocean/wave related dream since I was about 4 weeks or so. Lots of dreams where I am on the beach and there are giant waves crashing in from the ocean. Last night I had a dream that I was on a hill above the ocean watching a gigantic shark hunt fish.  I usually have weird and vivid dreams even when I'm not preggo, but these ocean dreams are definitely new. As long as I can remember, I have actually been male instead of female in about 40% of my dreams, and that has stopped since I became pregnant, lol.

#23 of 56 Old 01-19-2011, 07:14 PM

I've been having really weird, vivid dreams too. Unfortunately I can't remember them for very long after I wake up, but they're insane! nut.gif

- Rachel lady.gif

+ married to Red photosmile2.gif
+ mama to Brooklynn luxlove.gif (age 12)

+ mama to Alder femalesling.GIF born 08/10/11!

#24 of 56 Old 01-20-2011, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbouck5 View Post

Lots of dreams where I am on the beach and there are giant waves crashing in from the ocean.

Weird, I have had those sporadically my whole life. The wave is usually gigantic, like tsunami size, and I quickly realize it's going to get me and whoever else is with me (usually some of my family). We never die though, it's just scary.

#25 of 56 Old 01-20-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbouck5 View Post

Quote:

ROTFLMAO.gifOk, THAT is funny! So did you succeed in your transformation?

I did!  I vividly remember sprouting the octopus legs and being able to move them!  Isn't that freaky and weird??  lol.gif

I knew last night when I went to bed that this morning I was going to do the intelligender.  I dreamed that I was trying to do it in the garage of my parents old house and the cup it came to pee in was the size of a huge bucket, which was awesome b/c I had held my pee all night and really had to go.  So I peed and DH came into the garage and was all upset b/c I was going to do it "without him".  So i got another one and he did it too!  Then all of a sudden there was a group of us all doing the test, like in circle like a support group.  Mine came out boy and DH's came out girl - haha wonder what that means!?  LOL!  Anyway I think it's weird b/c this morning IRL the test WAS boy for me.

Silly dreams.

#26 of 56 Old 01-24-2011, 05:18 AM

I had a dream that I was a giant panda, and my two DDs were panda cubs.  

Sarah born 04/03/02dust.gif , Ashley born 03/13/04homebirth.jpg,  Rigel born 09/10/11 nocirc.gif

#27 of 56 Old 01-24-2011, 09:15 AM

I just had a horrible dream. I can remember tons of random details, but to make a long story short, my husband's ex had somehow sent me a "present" of this huge book detailing their whole relationship. She had made it all by hand, kind of like a scrapbook. She wrote stuff like "I can't wait to get him back from you" and talked about a bunch of their inside jokes and stuff. I remember being totally freaked out about it and pissed... it was a HUGE book!! hahaha.

When I woke up I told my husband I had a horrible dream and made him hold me... LOL. Super disturbing. It felt so real!  uhoh3.gif

- Rachel lady.gif

+ married to Red photosmile2.gif
+ mama to Brooklynn luxlove.gif (age 12)

+ mama to Alder femalesling.GIF born 08/10/11!

#28 of 56 Old 01-24-2011, 10:02 AM

Ive had a lot of food dreams. Last night I dreamed that my friend had a tiny juicer that could juice fruit and veggies into a cold travel mug. I wanted to buy one and she sent me to this old man. He only had one left in his shop, and it was. Used, but I took it anyway and was carrying cucumbers and apples to it to make juice. Something kept preventing me from making this juice I so wanted.

I have never made veggie juice or ever tasted cucumber and apple juice in my life, lol!

mom to three sons and one new daughter born in August 2011
#29 of 56 Old 01-24-2011, 10:49 AM

I had a really strange one last week that keeps popping into my head.

I met up with this very tall army boy that I "dated" for about a week before he went off to Afghanistan two Octobers ago. So in the dream we started as we'd left off and Dusty found out and go upset.

I was on the beach with electric bush trimmers and he came up and tried to kill me with a knife and then Peter (the army boy) came and killed him with a chain saw.

Also, oddly, all three of us had really sexy man shoulders. Yes, me too.

I had one yesterday where I knew I was pregnant and got really scared because I thought I was single and couldn't remember who the father was.

We keep trying to get him to sleep in here with me, but I still can't sleep well with him breathing when I wake up at night - I can't get back to sleep with him here. Very annoying. I think if he was here, I'd quit killing and forgetting him?

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#30 of 56 Old 02-05-2011, 06:18 PM

I finally had a bizarro dream!

I dreamed I lay down on my floor on my back, and boom - my belly started moving, and I felt movement from this LO!  I was so excited! My belly was totally moving with the baby.  I called to DH to come see, and when we looked down at my belly, we could see through my belly and saw the baby.  It was weird as all get-out.  Instead of the baby being covered in skin, it was like bits and pieces just held together with goo or like a very thin membrane.  I was like, "Wow, how does it stay together in there and not just fall apart?!? Babies are such miracles!" .

The 2nd part of my dream, though, I had to give Julianna Margulies a blow out.  LIke blow our her curls.  And the whole time I kept trying to do it, she was having some meeting with her "people" about whether or not ghosts were real and she kept getting up and walking around, and totally pissing me off.  And the ghost in question was Edward from Twilight.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page