Morning sickness WORSE at 12 weeks? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 40 Old 01-19-2011, 07:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am 12.1 weeks, and this morning I brushed my teeth and BAM...out came my breakfast.   Last time I actually vomited was around 8 weeks, and I thought things were supposed to get better.  Also for the past few evenings I have felt pretty crummy as well.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Should I be worried?

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 40 Old 01-19-2011, 07:29 AM

This has happened to me in the past few days. I have to brush my teeth really fast or I gag and my food aversions are worse. Good to hear I'm not the only one.

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#3 of 40 Old 01-19-2011, 08:21 AM

With DD I threw up once a day consistently for a month starting around week 12.  I actually felt ok most of the time - it was just that one morning event every day :)  It helped when I brushed before breakfast, so it felt even more minor.

*** DH (wed 5/03), DD (6/07), and DS (8/11)
#4 of 40 Old 01-19-2011, 09:03 AM

I'm a little over 11 weeks and have felt worse the past few days.  Well, today, I'm a little better.  I'm thinking this might be my last huge hormone rise and things should level off soon.  I have been gagging like crazy and my food aversions seem worse.  I don't know about any else, but I am SO OVER this 1st trimester!!!  Please just feel better already so I can start to enjoy this pregnancy and get my life back!!!

Kristen treehugger.gif mama to Chris(15)eat.gif, Kaitlyn(10)blahblah.gif, TJ(8)sleepytime.gif and Natalie(5)thumbsuck.gif & Emily(2)diaper.gif

#5 of 40 Old 01-19-2011, 10:10 AM

Good to know others are having a last morning sickness surge - I was starting (well - continuing redface.gif ) to worry about it. 

I had a pretty smooth week 10, but week 11's been rough so far...

#6 of 40 Old 01-19-2011, 10:27 AM

I'm so sorry you guys are still feeling so awful -- or worse!  I really really hope that things ease up soon for all of you.

I am only 9 weeks (a little behind most of you) and you are totally freaking me out.  My fingers are crossed that I don't have to join you in this thread in a couple weeks! 

Lauren (28) married to DH (28) 11/4/2007.  Expecting our little peanut August 22, 2011!
#7 of 40 Old 01-19-2011, 10:41 AM

I just read an article that said that HCG levels can peak between 9 and 12 weeks.  So, maybe you guys are late peakers?  I hope that means that in a matter of days you'll be feeling much better. 

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/duringpregnancy/hcglevels.html

Lauren (28) married to DH (28) 11/4/2007.  Expecting our little peanut August 22, 2011!
#8 of 40 Old 01-19-2011, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonadl2 View Post

I just read an article that said that HCG levels can peak between 9 and 12 weeks.  So, maybe you guys are late peakers?  I hope that means that in a matter of days you'll be feeling much better. 

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/duringpregnancy/hcglevels.html

Hm...maybe that's it!  I know that my own hormone levels are screwy (hence my IVF), and as of now, the placenta is supposed to be producing most of them.  So maybe that's it?  The placenta doing a better job than my screwy endocrine system...

Or, it's a girl!  Ha ha...I don't believe that one at all.

#9 of 40 Old 01-19-2011, 05:04 PM
pjs

Yesterday was by far the worst day yet. Nothing sounded good to eat, felt nauseous, exhausted and not even a moment of reprieve. I thought I was 10 w 4d but my u/s today showed I'm closer to 12 weeks. Today, while not completely better, was so much better than yesterday even with the constant nausea. Here's hoping we're all in the final stretch of m/s!
#10 of 40 Old 01-22-2011, 10:50 PM

I hit 12 weeks today and it has not been a very nice day!

Not sure if it's because I screwed up my food (boy, I've eaten badly today!) or if the eating was part of the drama but ugh! Ugh, I say!

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#11 of 40 Old 01-23-2011, 01:07 AM

Dislike!!! That's so not cool. I'm still holding out hope that I'll magically feel better in 2 weeks, regardless! Lol!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#12 of 40 Old 01-23-2011, 03:58 AM

My gag reflex is always off the charts during my whole pregnancy, even after most of my morning sickness is better. Brushing my teeth is an exercise in caution and I may or may not skip a few days and just use a lot of mouthwash.

Maybe something to consider?

~Rose

#13 of 40 Old 01-23-2011, 07:46 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjelika View Post

Good to know others are having a last morning sickness surge - I was starting (well - continuing redface.gif ) to worry about it. 

Ok, good to know I'm not crazy! My week 10 I felt really good, enough that I was really, intensely worried. Then week 11 I started to feel pretty gross again, and I think it's morphed into less of an all-day experience and more of an intense shorter nausea. I've had moments while teaching where I had to stop and take deep breaths and hope I didn't puke right then and there, all of a sudden. My gag reflex is definitely strong, and I've dry-heaved (sorry, tmi) while brushing my teeth several times this week. I'm wondering if this has something to do with my stomach adjusting to the shrinking space it has in my gut. Does that make sense? Anyway, my sister said she started throwing up at 12 weeks and her nausea finally went away around 14 weeks, so maybe 14 weeks is my new magic number...upsidedown.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#14 of 40 Old 01-23-2011, 09:13 AM

With my last pregnancy my morning sickness didn't go away until 14 weeks.  I'm 12 weeks today and not feeling so great.  So we'll see how the week goes.  I didn't sleep well at all last night and that usually messes me up for the whole day.  My youngest fell out of her bed last night at about 1:30am and it took me forever to fall back to sleep.  And then I kept waking up every hour or so until 7:30am, when I finally gave up.  Ugh!

Kristen treehugger.gif mama to Chris(15)eat.gif, Kaitlyn(10)blahblah.gif, TJ(8)sleepytime.gif and Natalie(5)thumbsuck.gif & Emily(2)diaper.gif

#15 of 40 Old 01-23-2011, 04:48 PM

The all day nausea has seemed to subside, but the nausea at night has gotten a lot worse in the past few days. I'll be twelve weeks tomorrow. No actual vomit yet, but boy can I dry heave.

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

#16 of 40 Old 01-23-2011, 06:03 PM
pjs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMike View Post

The all day nausea has seemed to subside, but the nausea at night has gotten a lot worse in the past few days. I'll be twelve weeks tomorrow. No actual vomit yet, but boy can I dry heave.

Exactly where I'm at!
#17 of 40 Old 01-23-2011, 06:27 PM

I've not had any issues with morning sickness with any pregnancy... until now. Last week I threw up a few times. Last night I threw up a few times. Right now I can feel it brewing in my belly. puke.gif  This sucks!

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#18 of 40 Old 01-23-2011, 09:08 PM

You guys are starting to scare me.  I suffered from hyperemesis during my other pregnancies.  This time I've had nothing more than some random, mild nausea.  I was starting to relax and think that maybe mother nature was cutting me some slack for my last pregnancy.  Now I'm nervous wondering if it just hasn't really hit yet.  I have had a few really icky moments this week.  I am 10 weeks today.

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#19 of 40 Old 01-23-2011, 09:44 PM

Hate to scare you, but good to know that others are suffering with me ;)

This is what I get for saying that everything would be better starting yesterday! Blech.

Still nauseated after eating, if not halfway through eating. Which makes it hard to eat.

Becky

Married to Dusty

#20 of 40 Old 01-23-2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjelika View Post

Ok, good to know I'm not crazy! My week 10 I felt really good, enough that I was really, intensely worried. Then week 11 I started to feel pretty gross again, and I think it's morphed into less of an all-day experience and more of an intense shorter nausea. I've had moments while teaching where I had to stop and take deep breaths and hope I didn't puke right then and there, all of a sudden. My gag reflex is definitely strong, and I've dry-heaved (sorry, tmi) while brushing my teeth several times this week. I'm wondering if this has something to do with my stomach adjusting to the shrinking space it has in my gut. Does that make sense? Anyway, my sister said she started throwing up at 12 weeks and her nausea finally went away around 14 weeks, so maybe 14 weeks is my new magic number...upsidedown.gif

Oh I'm glad to read this!  orngbiggrin.gif  I realized tonight that we didn't talk this weekend and I was thinking of you.  I'm glad you haven't puked in front of your class yet...that would put the secret out in the open, yes?  Keep that trash can nearby...  I remember that's how it was for me too--all day nausea through 12 weeks, then more puking than before, but periods of not feeling sick each day (heaven).  Finally felt better at 14 weeks as you said.  I want to see your belly...  (it's starting to feel really real for me that you are pregnant...I'm starting to count on it without being (as) scared...it's so exciting!!!)

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#21 of 40 Old 01-24-2011, 06:13 AM - Thread Starter

Can't wait for 14 weeks!

I am so grateful for the MDC forums.  Where else could I have addressed such a question to a dozen or more pregnant ladies who are due at the exact same time (and also helped lurkers who are wondering the same thing)?  Love you gals!

rocks.jpg

#22 of 40 Old 01-28-2011, 03:00 AM

week 14 was the magic week for me with DS too.  Hopefully, this only means 1 more week of yuck for me!!  DH says, when will this ever end?!?  I want my wife back! lol.

#23 of 40 Old 01-28-2011, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakemama579 View Post

DH says, when will this ever end?!?  I want my wife back! lol.

My DH says that too. I am 13.5 weeks today and still feeling icky.

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#24 of 40 Old 01-28-2011, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

Ha, ha!  My DH says the same thing!  Mostly because I gag loudly at some of the foods he makes for himself (heating up leftovers is the worst) and it sort of freaks him out.  And I've also made a rule about no drinking after dinner-time.  Even if he only has a beer I can smell it all night long!  Yuck. 

#25 of 40 Old 01-28-2011, 10:25 AM

I'm 13 weeks tomorrow and have been doing better this week. Started out rough, but now I just get random nausea. Gagged brushing my teeth for some reason this morning.

Now my main eye-rolling bit is the peeing every hour. The first half of the day I feel dehydrated, the second like I'm an overfull water bucket :P

Becky

Married to Dusty

#26 of 40 Old 01-28-2011, 10:45 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
I came home early from work today because I'm a big ol' wuss. By the way, I should preface this with the fact that I finally threw up last night. And yes, my sister was right, popcorn IS the worst food in the world to throw up. My gag reflex is SO bad now, especially in the evenings, nights, and mornings. I woke up this morning and spent the whole getting-up-process trying to decide whether or not to stay home. Then I started crying. I am SO glad to have symptoms, and I am SO glad and hopeful that our little munchkin is hopefully ok. That being said, I'm so pushed to the edge of my emotional tolerance by this gaggy pukiness. ugh....Thanks for listening. loveeyes.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#27 of 40 Old 01-28-2011, 11:06 AM

I am 12 weeks today, and I was kinda hoping some magic switch would be flipped and today would be like a whole new experience.... but as you all know... not so much.  Yesterday and today have been a little worse for me, too.  I usually have a period of heaving every morning at some point, but there's not really anything in my stomach at that point to throw up.  I think I prefer heaving that way because it seems to burn less.  This morning brushing my teeth did me in.  I've also felt icky at work today.  We have multiple restrooms in our building, and I try to find one that is most secluded.  I don't want anyone hearing me, and I haven't made the announcement at work yet.  Didn't end up heaving at work, though.  Was able to stave it off with some deep breaths and trying to get my mind on other things. I just ate lunch in my office, so I'm hoping there aren't any ill after effects from eating.

Married to DH partners.gif since 2007. Mommy to babyboy.gif 7/2011.  We bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif.

#28 of 40 Old 01-28-2011, 11:14 AM

DDC crashing from June over here.

My morning sickness didn't start to fade until 16 weeks and wasn't completely gone until 20. (first pregnancy that I've had to deal with it, too!).  Baby movement + nausea = weird.

So...hopefully yours will be gone much sooner than that, but if not, well, you're not alone!

#29 of 40 Old 01-28-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prothyraia View Post

DDC crashing from June over here.

My morning sickness didn't start to fade until 16 weeks and wasn't completely gone until 20. (first pregnancy that I've had to deal with it, too!).  Baby movement + nausea = weird.

So...hopefully yours will be gone much sooner than that, but if not, well, you're not alone!

Oh NOOOOOOOOO! LOL I reaaaaly hope mine is gone before that. DH will starve from not eating any real food for 4 months! lol.gif (though I do keep telling him he can make real food for himself if he wants... just don't show it to me cause I'll gag orngtongue.gif)

#30 of 40 Old 01-29-2011, 11:15 AM

I felt better 2 weeks ago than I do now!  I'll be 14 weeks Monday and I threw up this morning and feel terrible with gurgly stomach all day.  I don't leave the bed for long and it seems to be getting worse. Wugh. 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page