Crafty mamas? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 32 Old 02-12-2011, 04:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Any progress on projects?  I'll probably spend tomorrow cutting out diapers since my serger should be here early next week.  I'm so excited!  I also ordered the FOE for covers, but I still need to order snaps.  I'm not going to worry about hidden snaps, so I guess it doesn't matter if I wait a while to order these. 

That black and white bamboo flannel I order from my SIL is gorgeous and so silky soft!!!  I think besides a receiving blanket I'm going to use part of it for the decorative panel of my mei tai.  Maybe a changing pad for the diaper bag, too, since my diaper bag is red and the black and white would look really nice with it.  If baby is a girl I think I'll make some pants and a fitted diaper or two out of it, too. 

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (10) and Nathaniel (9) and Olivia (3).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 32 Old 02-13-2011, 03:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've been slowly knitting some really adorable items over the past few weeks: a vest in brown superwash wool, a kimono shirt (in organic cotton, which is soft but hard on my hands to knit), and a pixie hat in orange superwash wool. I'm going to start knitting some longies for my midwife's 9 month old daughter, and after that I'll be making a few more soakers. I have about 8 right now but I need to unravel a few and re-knit them in different sizes.

As for sewing, I don't have an ironing board - which I really want - yet, so I've just been wistfully staring at my featherweight and piles of fabric. But I know that once I get the ironing board it will be time to start the quilts, kimono shirts, baby pants and probably a handful of fitted diapers as well.

I have ZERO need for more yarn, but I'm going to a yarn show next weekend with my sister in law and my step-mom in law. So excited!! We've decided we're actually not going to find out the sex beforehand (which would have been possible this week, as I'm already 16 weeks along), so I'll be looking primarily for yarn for ME!! I want to knit a Daybreak shawl for nursing, and I want to find some really pretty color-changing or varigated yarn while I'm there.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page