Sinus Headaches - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-02-2011, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What do you guys do to treat sinus headaches when preg.? I have been getting them like crazy lately, and have been taking tylenol, but it doesn't really work that well for me, so I'm wondering if there is anything else I can try.

Also, yay I'm 14 weeks since yesterday! I just wanted to celebrate for a moment :)

#2 of 9 Old 02-02-2011, 01:27 PM

Congratulations!

Sinus headaches.. http://www.ehow.com/sinus-relief-points/

Or I take a hot bath, belly down (we must all do this while we can!!), hot washcloth to face, lean over a boiling pot of water. Anything to release the congestion.

Alternately, whine. :D I do that one often with a headache.

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#3 of 9 Old 02-02-2011, 03:03 PM

Yay for 14 weeks!  I was just thinking about you, thinking you weren't posting much and was worried.  Glad to see you!

I have been getting headaches 1-2 times a week and they srsly blow.  I take 2 tylenol, try a hot shower...and when all else fails, caffeine.  I'm not sure what mine are but they hurt and are really annoying. 

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#4 of 9 Old 02-02-2011, 03:36 PM

I agree with carrie...Tylenol and caffiene...almost like an excedrin?  sort of?

Lauren (28) married to DH (28) 11/4/2007.  Expecting our little peanut August 22, 2011!
#5 of 9 Old 02-03-2011, 09:27 AM

I drink a coke and hope the caffeine will help ( it usually doesn't, but it comforts me at least). I also try rubbing pressure points. Usually only sleep helps. They're usually weather related so hopefully they won't be bothering me for too much longer. There are things that can be prescribed if you're comfortable with that - I tend to err on the side of caution and prefer to just be miserable for a day or two.

Navy wife to my stillheart.gif since 2005, Mommy to dd L hearts.gif since 2009 and ds R babyboy.gif arrived via water birth 8/6/2011

#6 of 9 Old 02-03-2011, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the suggestions! I have one question that might sound kind of stupid, how do you position yourself in the bath belly down? Is that even possible in a regular sized tub? I don't know why I am having a hard time visualizing this, lol.

Quote:
Yay for 14 weeks!  I was just thinking about you, thinking you weren't posting much and was worried.  Glad to see you!

Carrie you are so sweet! I am good, actually have been spending less time on the computer since I am FINALLY feeling better. Starting to do stuff around the house and pick up a few more yoga classes :)

#7 of 9 Old 02-03-2011, 11:14 AM

I start out on my back and soak and then roll to a side and soak and then onto my belly - my forehead gets braced against the back of the tub and my mouth often ends up in the water. It feels good :) And then I roll to the other side. All of me won't fit underwater, so I baste :)

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#8 of 9 Old 02-06-2011, 06:52 PM

Awwwwww..... I know just how you are feeling mine usually last a day but I have now had one for 4 days.  I just tried a nap and woke up and it was worse.  I tried homeopathic sinusalia with no success. Ice packs helped a little.  I am going to email or call my midwife in the morning.  I haven't tried tylenol yet because my stomch is so sensitive. 

It is really making dealing with m/s even harder

Mamabelly.gif to DS (3 years)biggrinbounce.gifjumpers.gifflowersforyou.gifchicken3.gifbroc1.gif
#9 of 9 Old 02-07-2011, 03:12 PM

I got 5 consecutive completely uninterupted hours of sleep last night and when I woke up it was finally gone.  So maybe sleep might help you too.

Mamabelly.gif to DS (3 years)biggrinbounce.gifjumpers.gifflowersforyou.gifchicken3.gifbroc1.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page