Belly Pains - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-03-2011, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So, for the last few weeks every once in a while I get these pains behind my belly button.  It's pretty uncomfortable and only seems to happen when I'm standing/walking.  Every once in a while when I'm sitting, but usually not.  Today I was walking to my car from work and it happened.  It was more uncomfortable than ever.  I think it ended up going away when I sat down...I don't know, I got distracted by getting all gaggy and dry heaving in the parking lot.  Fun.  Anyway, I assume it's things stretching, but I don't know.  Does anyone else get this?  Is it normal?  

Lauren (28) married to DH (28) 11/4/2007.  Expecting our little peanut August 22, 2011!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2011, 09:21 PM

I am very tender through there. Your small intestines sit around there and your baby is shoving them up higher. Or at least mine are. I just press my fingers into the most tender spot (gently!) and breathe until it stops hurting and I'm good until the next time :)

Could be all sorts of things, though. Our bodies are doing very strange things right now!

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

Old 02-04-2011, 08:13 AM

I get pains in places all over my abdomen.  I see this is your first?  I think for us it's a) our bodies have never had something growing so fast from the inside and our fachia and "stuff" getting pushed around is weird and uncomfortable and b) we're super-responsive to even the slightest pain, not having experienced this before.  Of course, all moms experience pains of various kinds!  I haven't had that particular behind-the-belly-button thing, but I've had lots of other weird places (to the right of the belly button, my vagina, way up under my sternum...)

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

Old 02-05-2011, 06:31 PM

I agree with pp - it's probably just all the growing and shifting thats going on in there. But if it's really bothersome or if you are still concerned, I would ask your doctor about it. Can't hurt. Hope you feel better!

Old 02-05-2011, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone.  The morning after I posted this I woke up and suddenly nothing fit!  My belly started to "pop" a bit.  So, I think it was just things really stretching and moving in there.  But, I'll probably ask the doctor next time I'm there just to be sure.  :)

Lauren (28) married to DH (28) 11/4/2007.  Expecting our little peanut August 22, 2011!

User Tag List