How much weight have you gained? - Page 18 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#511 of 530 Old 08-03-2011, 02:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Somewhere between 30-35 lbs, maybe a tiny bit more. I started out somewhere btwn 125-130 (we didn't have a scale at the time). Now I'm jumping btwn 158-162. Surprisingly I'm okay with it. I didn't want to gain over 25 and though I would die when the scale went over 150, but I didn't. Thought I would die when it went over 160, but I didn't. I think it helps that it is somehow ALL belly, I think I may have even somehow lost weight in my legs and butt.

Mama to a adoreable August '11 baby and two great dogs
#512 of 530 Old 08-03-2011, 02:12 PM

At my last visit, I had gained 8 pounds in two weeks, but now that it's been cooling off and my ankles have re-appeared, I have lost 2 pounds in a week... even though baby feels bigger and so do I.  I swear that those pounds were just pooling in my feet/calves.

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

#513 of 530 Old 08-03-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernStormy View Post

Somewhere between 30-35 lbs, maybe a tiny bit more. I started out somewhere btwn 125-130 (we didn't have a scale at the time). Now I'm jumping btwn 158-162. Surprisingly I'm okay with it. I didn't want to gain over 25 and though I would die when the scale went over 150, but I didn't. Thought I would die when it went over 160, but I didn't. I think it helps that it is somehow ALL belly, I think I may have even somehow lost weight in my legs and butt.

I too thought I would die when I saw 186 but I didn't.  And I'm sure I won't die if/when I see 190 and above!  Just bruises the ego a bit!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#514 of 530 Old 08-03-2011, 03:12 PM

I've gained 22lbs at 39w 4d. So I'm about 254. I think that's good, I'll stick with it.

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

#515 of 530 Old 08-03-2011, 03:13 PM

I'm up 27 lb at 36 weeks (tomorrow). I wanted to stay at 25lb weight gain, but oh well. Now that it's near the end I'm not stressing about weight gain anymore. :)

(btw, I'm super envious of you who lose it all or nearly all in the first few weeks/months! My body seems to like to hold on to it...)

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    
#516 of 530 Old 08-03-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat13 View Post

At my last visit, I had gained 8 pounds in two weeks, but now that it's been cooling off and my ankles have re-appeared, I have lost 2 pounds in a week... even though baby feels bigger and so do I.  I swear that those pounds were just pooling in my feet/calves.

Oh man, I think I've gained 5 pounds in my feet this week.  I refuse to wear any shoes but Chacos now.  If only it would start cooling off here!

OB RN, partner tobikenew.gif and mama to jog.gif (2008, 31 weeker) and babygirl.gif (2011) vbac.gif femalesling.GIF   novaxnocirc.gif  cd.gif

#517 of 530 Old 08-03-2011, 04:27 PM

My hands swell so much more than my feet!!  I swear I feel like I'm wearing gloves half the time!  It's maddening.  I can't even see the bones in my hands anymore.  :-(  But my feet are fine.  Go fig.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#518 of 530 Old 08-03-2011, 04:44 PM

I'm 2 lbs over what I started at....I'm 183 lbs.  I'm good with that.  I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow.  I hope I drop a good 20 lbs in the weeks after this baby is born...that will be the lowest I've weighed in years.

#519 of 530 Old 08-03-2011, 05:09 PM

I have no idea what I gained. Last time I stepped on the scale it was over a  40 lb weight gain and that was around the 4th I think. I stepped on today a week pp and am 27 lbs above pre-pg weight. My body likes to hang on to the weight, I gained less last time and it took 12+ months of working at it to lose it. I didn't gain much with my first two and did lose it within 6 months but that is the last time that happened. I will be thrilled if it will go down to 20 lbs above pre-pg somewhat soon and then I'm sure the rest will stay for a while. 

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#520 of 530 Old 08-03-2011, 05:30 PM

I'm not sure exactly how much I weighed when I got pregnant.  I think I was between 105-110.  Now I weigh 145 and will probably get to at least 50 before I deliver this kid.  It's the most weight I have ever gained and it shocks me a little bit.  However, I also feel like I got off kind of lucky.  With my tacky diet lately, I'd deserve it if I gained much more than 40. 

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#521 of 530 Old 08-03-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony View Post

I have no idea what I gained. Last time I stepped on the scale it was over a  40 lb weight gain and that was around the 4th I think. I stepped on today a week pp and am 27 lbs above pre-pg weight. My body likes to hang on to the weight, I gained less last time and it took 12+ months of working at it to lose it. I didn't gain much with my first two and did lose it within 6 months but that is the last time that happened. I will be thrilled if it will go down to 20 lbs above pre-pg somewhat soon and then I'm sure the rest will stay for a while. 

This is so reassuring!!  Thanks!

#522 of 530 Old 08-03-2011, 11:37 PM

I've gained at least 40, but I'm just not keeping track anymore.  My midwife forgot to weigh me at my last appointment (gee darn), and my next appointment is the home visit.  We have a crappy dial scale, and DS likes to play with the dial on it.  You can either do the math, or you can set it back to zero, but I would have to bend over to do that, and it ain't happening ROTFLMAO.gif

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#523 of 530 Old 08-04-2011, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italiamom View Post

I've gained at least 40, but I'm just not keeping track anymore.  My midwife forgot to weigh me at my last appointment (gee darn), and my next appointment is the home visit.  We have a crappy dial scale, and DS likes to play with the dial on it.  You can either do the math, or you can set it back to zero, but I would have to bend over to do that, and it ain't happening ROTFLMAO.gif

Mine is the fancy kind that tells you your body fat percentage.  Ha! It doesn't take pregnancy into account at all, of course, but DH gets mad when his body fat goes above like 9%.  Hah -- at this point mine is 44%!  I think it's hilarious (b/c it's not at all accurate) and mortifying at the same time.  LOL!

#524 of 530 Old 08-04-2011, 07:44 AM

I've gained 38 lbs (including the weight I gained back after my loss in the first tri). I am alright with that. I wanted to stay as close to 30 as possible but I will lose this weight. I already have my exercise and weight loss goals planned out. I am ready to start working out again.

Wife to N for 6 years, mama to jog.gif Jude 08/11, angel.gif 03/13, angel1.gif 09/13
#525 of 530 Old 08-04-2011, 08:43 AM

So far I'm at 18lbs gained for 36 weeks pregnant. I'm really pleased, even though I'm over 200lbs because last time I gained 46lb. I know it was a lot of water weight because I lost 40lb in the first few weeks. I look like I'll be around 20lb total gain this time, and if I can loose a lot in the first few weeks again then I'll be good for getting to my before any pregnancy weight quickly. I'd really like to try and shed all the additional baby weight this time, especially before getting pregnant again next time.

I also can't wait to get back outside during the day. Its been too hot here for months and overheating gives me contractions. But I'll be 37 weeks on Tuesday so I'm heading back outside for a walk every day after that and just maybe this baby will come before I run out of month (I really don't want to still be pregnant in September!)

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#526 of 530 Old 08-04-2011, 08:59 AM

I never looked at the number throughout my prenatal appointments, but at the hospital, the anesthesiologist needed to know and I looked then. My total gain was 55 lbs which puts this baby at second place for least weight gained haha. I'll look forward to my 6 week appointment to see where I am at!

During my surgery, the doctors kept saying I was "all baby" and that the surgery would be faster if I had gained any weight and gave them something to work with. So apparently, everything I gained went straight to my butt and thighs lol.gif moon.gif

#527 of 530 Old 08-04-2011, 09:56 AM

i am at a gain of 50 pounds, more then i have ever gained in a pregnancy and at my all time high, ever. even though i started out this pregnancy at my lowest adult weight. it does appear to mostly be baby....but i know i've got some padding on my rear side and thighs. if only i could have gained some of that weight in my breasts? aww, come on lords of weight gain. put some padding in my breasts.  orngbiggrin.gif i promise i deserve it.

hang.gif  single, scholar, childbirth advocate mama goodvibes.gif + two lively, rambunctious, beautiful, insightful and whoa-spirited dds, 4.5 and 8. fencing.gif + a sweet chunky boy born august 7, 2011!  + .....our sweet old lady dog, 10 years young. love.gif   = one full cup 

#528 of 530 Old 08-04-2011, 12:21 PM

I'm at 236 pounds now, which means I've gained 33 pounds in the pregnancy, and I have not gained any weight last week. I am very happy with the weight gain because I gained about 70pounds with DS1 and when we decided to TTC again I was still working on shedding the extra weight. I'm also about 10 pounds lighter than I was with DS1 at this point where I kept getting bigger and bigger as the weeks moved on. After this birth, I will be in a great position to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight soon, and I am already looking forward to wearing my normal clothes again when winter comes around. YAY!

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#529 of 530 Old 08-05-2011, 03:39 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Mine is the fancy kind that tells you your body fat percentage.  Ha! It doesn't take pregnancy into account at all, of course, but DH gets mad when his body fat goes above like 9%.  Hah -- at this point mine is 44%!  I think it's hilarious (b/c it's not at all accurate) and mortifying at the same time.  LOL!

This is funny, and sounds like something I would do. love.gif

My total weight gain for the pregnancy was just under 40 pounds. Considering how swollen I was, that's pretty good I think. I lost about 25 pounds within a week of delivery, so I think a lot of it was water and baby. Now I'm hovering about 10-12 pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight, and my boobs are huge with milk so I'm counting that. winky.gif I feel pretty good about being able to slowly work off the rest.

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#530 of 530 Old 08-07-2011, 05:42 PM

I think I'm up about 27 lbs, which is how much I gained with my first baby. A couple of weeks ago I had lost 3 lbs in one week when it was really hot. But I've since put it back on...a good thing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page