How much weight have you gained? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-02-2011, 10:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I lost 2lb this last week again, so I'm going backwards.

I'm 14w and only up 2lb from before. I'm a fluffy mamma too, still carrying 10lb each from 2 previous pregnancies, so I'm not too concerned yet.

I did gain 46lb total with DS,  and was already up 15lb by this point, so I'm happy to not be gaining as much as quickly this time.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2011, 10:34 AM

I'm almost 15 weeks and up about 10.  I really need to watch it now as I'm not going to be able to exercise like I'd planned! 

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

Old 03-02-2011, 10:46 AM

At 14 weeks I've gained 14 pounds. faint.gif And...I'm not a little person to begin with. However, I walk everyday 2-10 miles (I am a writer and I have a treadmill desk AND a BIG old english sheepdog that MUST walk) I eat healthy, and not excessively. I'm just...a Rubens. Always have been. It doesn't matter what i do or eat....I'm just who i am. Big busted, wide hipped...voluptuous and sexily ample in my build. I also have big bones....not a joke. I really do. However, all that in order...I am overweight too. I just hold it well. So well, that my CNM thought her scale was BROKEN because she didn't believe the number on it. nice.

I told her that though I am over weight, I will gain about 50 pounds no matter what I do or don't do in this pregnancy. It has happened every time. All I CAN control is the fact that I eat well, and exercise, which I DO. My blood work is always great, my sugars are always in order...I'm super healthy and super in shape. I am in better shape than most of my skinnier friends....and they would attest to that. I have more endurance, more muscle, more flexibility and more oooph! I'm just fat too.

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

Old 03-02-2011, 11:57 AM

I. Was under weight at 5'5" 107lbs before i got pregnant. At my first prenatal I was 112, then 115, and 122 lbs this week. As that is more than the little chart guidlines say, my OB told me I was too fat!

What???

So yeah, gotta find a new OB at my HMO. Also, still trying to find a way to have a midwife, but we have no money. greensad.gif

Wifey (23) and Hubby (23) since 07/08.  Enjoying DS baby.gif born 8/6/11!

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif nocirc.gif femalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif !!!

Old 03-02-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerging butterfly View Post

At 14 weeks I've gained 14 pounds. faint.gif And...I'm not a little person to begin with. However, I walk everyday 2-10 miles (I am a writer and I have a treadmill desk AND a BIG old english sheepdog that MUST walk) I eat healthy, and not excessively. I'm just...a Rubens. Always have been. It doesn't matter what i do or eat....I'm just who i am. Big busted, wide hipped...voluptuous and sexily ample in my build. I also have big bones....not a joke. I really do. However, all that in order...I am overweight too. I just hold it well. So well, that my CNM thought her scale was BROKEN because she didn't believe the number on it. nice.

I told her that though I am over weight, I will gain about 50 pounds no matter what I do or don't do in this pregnancy. It has happened every time. All I CAN control is the fact that I eat well, and exercise, which I DO. My blood work is always great, my sugars are always in order...I'm super healthy and super in shape. I am in better shape than most of my skinnier friends....and they would attest to that. I have more endurance, more muscle, more flexibility and more oooph! I'm just fat too.

Butterfly, I LOVE your attitude about your body & weight! This is my first, so I don't have any other pregnancies to compare to, but I'm not going to focus on the number on the scale during this pregnancy. I am just trying to eat the right foods and get a good amount of exercise. I going to try to mimic your positivity about my own body, until hopefully it comes naturally to me!

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

Old 03-02-2011, 01:44 PM

I'm 17.5 weeks and I'm still down a pound from where I started :(  

it seems like every week I manage to gain that I have lost it by the next week...

Kateread.gif, grad student mama to O (4) and J (3)fencing.gif
Cautiously expecting a "bonus" baby in August.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:12 PM

Cat13....fake it till you make it. I have my pouty days too...but, all in all...I yam what I yam. It helps that my guy is in love with the way I look. last night, he was in the kitchen and I was standing in my pregnant glory in the doorway and he said "God Sara...I'm so in love with what your body can do, and so proud of you for being willing to Do it. I'm too vain to deal with the ups and downs in my own body (he is very trim) but I think it's super sexy that you are my big mama. You are sexier than ever."

I, being pregnant and emotional, cried.

It helps to be supported in a culture that is SO fat phobic. blowkiss.gif

Blog in profile*Sea turtle mother to 5 boysfencing.gifguitar.gifnotes.gifblueman.gif, and a beautiful rainbow girl dust.gif!!!! married to my best friendsuperhero.gif& enjoying my pup dog2.gif.Lost our little twins *Simon&Alexander* in 2009brokenheart.gif

Old 03-02-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerging butterfly View Post

Cat13....fake it till you make it. I have my pouty days too...but, all in all...I yam what I yam. It helps that my guy is in love with the way I look. last night, he was in the kitchen and I was standing in my pregnant glory in the doorway and he said "God Sara...I'm so in love with what your body can do, and so proud of you for being willing to Do it. I'm too vain to deal with the ups and downs in my own body (he is very trim) but I think it's super sexy that you are my big mama. You are sexier than ever."

I, being pregnant and emotional, cried.

It helps to be supported in a culture that is SO fat phobic. blowkiss.gif

"Fake it till I make it" has always been one of my mottos. Thanks!

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

Old 03-02-2011, 09:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'm 14 weeks and down a pound since pre-preg.  I just had my Dr. appointment today and he was pretty concerned.  I'm not.  I don't make myself go hungry and I eat a variety of healthy foods without being too strict.  I believe that if I needed to gain weight right now I would be hungry.  I'm 5'3" and 133 lbs.  It's the weight I stick to in feast or famine.  I'm sure when the baby or my body starts needing to get bigger, that will change.  My husband wants me to eat pizza and cookies to gain weight so that I look like the pregnant women at his work (he's a teacher).  Every pregnant body is different and mine is on its own perfect schedule.

Erin
Married to my best friend Enjoying being a mom to my 3 year old daughter. Waiting for #2 to arrive in April 2015.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:58 AM

I'm 17w5d and I'm up 16 lbs so far. 

I gained about 50 with my first pregnancy and it looks like I'll be on track for this one to be about the same.  I didn't start trying to lose weight soon enough post-partum after my DS was born, and I never got back down to my pre-pregnancy weight due to getting pregnant again when DS was 11mo.  That pregnancy ended in miscarriage at 14 wks, but I managed to put on about 12 lbs anyway.  So, I started this pregnancy still about 8lbs higher than my original pre-pregnancy weight before DS. 

I guess I'm just one of those women who gains a lot or pregnancy weight no matter what, but at least my OB doesn't ever scold me about it.  She made one comment when I gained several lbs really quickly in the 3rd tri with DS, but it evened out over the next couple of weeks and she never said another word.

~Erica~ Married to the love of my life ~ Mama to Nickolas jog.gif6/14/09 and Alexander 8/4/11 and Aiden brokenheart.gifgone too soon at 14 weeks~    

fly-by-nursing1.gifselectivevax.gifnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif
Old 03-03-2011, 10:18 AM

I'm up about 9-11 pounds at 17+5.  I recall from last time that at about 20 weeks I was a bit concerned that I had gained a lot more than half of what I was hoping to gain.  It all worked out in the end.  I didn't gain all that much.  Maybe 25 pounds or something.  So it clearly comes in fits and spurts.  I am an average sized person: 5'5"and about 135 normally. 

Sarah, mother to Eloïse (5/2005), Lucas (3/2008) and Ilias (7/2011), and due with #4 (March 1, 2014)

Old 03-03-2011, 04:01 PM

I am at 18weeks and up about 10lbs or so. I think at this point I might have to stop weighing myself everyday (which I always do just to make sure I am staying in a good range) because I was already dealing with some unwanted weight I put on pre-pregnancy, and now I am kind of horrified at the number on the scale. I know the number is not important, and I think I look pretty good, and I still fit into my clothes, so maybe I should just forget the scale for a while, since the number is only going to get higher from here.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:08 AM

I think I've just hit my low.  I was sitting in my ob's office crying because I just got weighed and gained 7 lbs (gasp) in the past month.  Which puts me at a total of 17lbs at 19 weeks.  My ob sorta sucks too.

Danielle (29)reading.gif married to my best friend Lou guitar.gif since 9/10/10 stillheart.gif ,mama to Ada Adelleenergy.gif since 8/5/11, and expecting a new addition around 4/19/14 stork-boy.gif
Old 03-04-2011, 10:11 AM

yell - we can be low together.  I hit 17 this morning.  yay me.  I cried and kicked the cabinets.  Each time I go in I hold my breath and hope no one says anything about the gain.  It makes it that much harder.  Yes, I know I'm gaining a lot.  No, I'm not pigging out and I eat fairly healthy.  If you say something to me, I am more than likely going to want to restrict.  IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT!!!??

Old 03-04-2011, 10:24 AM

I know, this really sucks, but I feel a TINY smidge better that someone else feels like this.  My ob told me it's about time to cut out the fruit juice and white bread/pasta.  I don't consume either of these things!! 

Danielle (29)reading.gif married to my best friend Lou guitar.gif since 9/10/10 stillheart.gif ,mama to Ada Adelleenergy.gif since 8/5/11, and expecting a new addition around 4/19/14 stork-boy.gif
Old 03-04-2011, 10:30 AM

Can I join the low point club?  I'm up 16lbs and I'm only 17+6wks.  I know that I'm just naturally an easy weight gainer, but it's still really disappointing to get on that scale and see the number get so much higher each week.  I swore to myself that I wouldn't gain as much weight with this pregnancy as I did with DS, but so far all signs point to the same of even more gain this time irked.gif  At least my OB doesn't tend to beat me up about it.

~Erica~ Married to the love of my life ~ Mama to Nickolas jog.gif6/14/09 and Alexander 8/4/11 and Aiden brokenheart.gifgone too soon at 14 weeks~    

fly-by-nursing1.gifselectivevax.gifnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif
Old 03-04-2011, 10:38 AM

I'll join the club!  I always always gain 40lbs, regardless of how I eat.  With dd1 I didn't even think about it and ate what I wanted...40.  With dd2 I ate really healthy, and still gained 40.  With dd3 I ate like CRAP...we moved twice, had some family deaths & divorces, lived in an un-insulated house in a HOT (110s) summer, and dh had a tumor on his spinal cord removed.  STILL gained 40 (although that was at 35 when she was born lol)

I've given up!  Just eating healthy, trying to eat good snacks, and reminding myself I'm not allowed to be active.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

Old 03-04-2011, 11:24 AM

I'm glad you guys can commiserate.  It sucks to feel alone in this.  Sometimes I feel like I am some sort of freak! My husband once told me that he didn't think it mattered what I did or what I weighed before, my body would just gain the same amount each time.  Seems to be true. 

Old 03-04-2011, 11:26 AM

Oh and yell, it sucks to have the OB think you are just downing juice and empty carbs, you know?  If I printed off my overall food journal, I think they'd actually be shocked at the healthy foods I eat.  Sure, I'm indulging here and there, but most of the time I'm still staying within my limits.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:46 AM

I'm joining the low point club too. This morning I'm up 3 lbs. From last WEEK. If that number is true, and I have a feeling it is, then my total is 10 lbs at 16 weeks. I feel miserable about it and ashamed. My mw won't say anything about it, I know overall I'm eating healthy with a few indulgences. But if I had to give up pasta and bread id die bc I dont eat meat. I'm sorry so many of us are feeling lousy about our weight. Ugh.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 03-04-2011, 11:48 AM

Yeah, I was like, what should I do? Starve? If I am hungry, it means I need to eat. I try to eat well, but this is how my body wants to be. I trust it more than the OB. Thank god I am getting a CNM!

Wifey (23) and Hubby (23) since 07/08.  Enjoying DS baby.gif born 8/6/11!

bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif nocirc.gif femalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif !!!

Old 03-04-2011, 12:07 PM

That's the thing.  I think if we are eating when hungry and making wise decisions, what else can we do other than GO HUNGRY.  And some days that's exactly what I feel like I should do.  Some nights I go to bed hungry, but essentially have to get up and grab a bar or something. There certainly are women who indulge and eat whatever they want regardless of their hunger cues, but we aren't "herds" and I wish more OB's would get that.  We are all so different as are our metabolisms and the way we respond to pregnancy.  I was small when I began my last pregnancy, but I still gained 50lbs.  The OB actually told me to slow down or I'd be a "chubby pregnant person".  Really - who says that?  A little overweight to begin with this time, which makes it so much harder. I do understand health risks, but at my first appointment I made it SO clear to my OB that I gain a lot of weight and it really upsets me.  I wonder if that will keep her quiet.  I won't be seeing her until 24 weeks since she has me seeing the Peri, so I have no clue what she'll say/do. 

Old 03-04-2011, 12:34 PM

I'm sorry so many of you are at your low points right now.  Please be kind to yourselves and just trust that your body knows what to do and what it needs, you just have to listen to it and ignore all the other people (even if it's your ob or mw)! 

I say this mostly to myself, because even though my brain knows this is true, sometimes my heart needs to be reminded.

And as a first time mama, thanks to all you experienced mamas out there sharing your stories with past weight gain and loss. It seems like it really is just a matter of genetics!

Old 03-04-2011, 01:46 PM

I am currently at 228 - so still down from the starting weight of 232. I'm certainly larger, though! My 42DDD (that's an F!) bras are getting snug and my belly is large! :)

Becky

Married to Dusty
Mama to Charlie - born August 15th.

Waiting on number two, due March 17!

Old 03-04-2011, 02:37 PM

I am honestly relieved to see so many people feeling the same way.  I've been moping around all day.  In fact, I took a nap -which I never do, just to stop moping around about the weight gain. 

While I'm still down, I'm also thankful to hear from you other ladies about this

Old 03-04-2011, 03:21 PM

I am also sorry so many of us are feeling down. I am no terribly down on my weight, I really must carry it well, although the booty is growing a bit. I am mostly depressed about just slowing down in general, probably more of a post for the exercise thread...

Luckily my current midwife and my last midwife are both very understanding about weight gain. They have all their clients do food journals in the beginning and hound out any issues right then and there. They address healthy eating, not weight gain. When I was seeing an OB with #1 he made a few comments about my weight gain, but over all I really like him and I knew I was following a good diet so I just nodded and smiled.

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

Old 03-04-2011, 03:49 PM

“What is evil? Killing is evil, lying is evil, slandering is evil, abuse is evil, gossip is evil: envy is evil, hatred is evil, to cling to false doctrine is evil; all these things are evil. And what is the root of evil? Desire is the root of evil, illusion is the root of evil.”
- Buddha
Old 03-04-2011, 06:40 PM

I've gained around 7 lbs so far.

I was a bit "chunky" before pregnancy (126 at 5 ft- ish), so I think 7 lbs is pretty good so far. Luckily my midwife isn't super concerned with how much, how little wait you are gaining as long as you are doing it in a healthy way.

I'm surprised I've gained that much as eating has become a HUGE chore most of the time. I fix myself a decent lunch (small chicken breast, brown rice, carrots) then can't finish half of it, its super annoying. I've started putting pure goats milk protein powder in my morning smoothies just so I can make sure I'm getting enough protein.

Mama to a adoreable August '11 baby and two great dogs
Old 03-05-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernStormy View Post

I've gained around 7 lbs so far.

I was a bit "chunky" before pregnancy (126 at 5 ft- ish), so I think 7 lbs is pretty good so far. Luckily my midwife isn't super concerned with how much, how little wait you are gaining as long as you are doing it in a healthy way.

I'm surprised I've gained that much as eating has become a HUGE chore most of the time. I fix myself a decent lunch (small chicken breast, brown rice, carrots) then can't finish half of it, its super annoying. I've started putting pure goats milk protein powder in my morning smoothies just so I can make sure I'm getting enough protein.

I think 7 is good too.  I wish so far I'd only gained 7 lbs!  mecry.gif

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 03-05-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristandthekids View Post

And in the grass is always greener news...

This thread jinxed me. I was just posting how happy I was it was easier for me to gain weight this time. Then I lost 3 lbs the next day. In a day! How does that happen?? (I didn't even have a big poo.)

So when I read of your weight gains I get jealous. I don't enjoy eating anymore. It's work now. I have to worry I'm getting enough protein and salt and calories all GDMFPMSing day long. I don't wanna end up on bed rest again. greensad.gif

I am so sorry this is such a struggle. My SIL certainly had a hard time with it also and I do not envy the situation at all.

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

User Tag List