Favorite Maternity Pants? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-05-2011, 05:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am getting desperate, ladies. I am down to two pairs of pants that fit. It is not obvious to me that I am going to have to purchase some pants, but I have no idea which brand/style/etc. is best. Tell me about your favorite pair of maternity pants. smile.gif

Jen, music nerd mama to two kiddos with one more on the way in August 2011!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 02-05-2011, 06:08 AM

I have a hard time with this too.  My favorite pants (and I need to try to find more for this preg) from my first preg were a pair of jeans that had a band that went all the way over my belly.  You could wear it like that, or fold it over and it was still comfy.  I have the hardest time with drawstring pants falling down all the time.  Since we're preggers in the summer this time, I think flowy skirts and dresses are going to be the name of the game.

Good luck with your hunt!  send a link to a pair you like once you find them.

#3 of 7 Old 02-05-2011, 07:39 AM

I've gotten a few pairs from friends (A Liz Lange, and Old Navy) that have the small thick band, and it's uncomfortable to me. I went to Sears and tried on every pair they had (or so it seemed!) and fell in love with jeans that had the band go over my belly. It's so comfortable because it doesn't cut into my stomach when I sit down, and has a smooth look under clothes so I don't need to wear a tank top. It's the Two Hearts brand, and the jeans are actually cute and look normal! They were only $24 which was nice too.

#4 of 7 Old 02-05-2011, 08:45 AM

My favorites are Gap. 

I have one demi panel and two with the full panel - both panels are comfy!

#5 of 7 Old 02-06-2011, 05:49 AM

I love Ocean Lily.  There is a maternity store near my house that sells them...not sure if they are online?

They are supposed to be workout/yoga pants.  I have a pair of the yoga pants and a pair of leggings.  They are so comfy.  I live in them!!!

#6 of 7 Old 02-07-2011, 06:43 PM

My favorites are a pair from Motherhood. They are from the Heidi Klum line. They don't have a panel at all. They are so super comfy and do not fall down. I also got a pair with the really big band that goes over the belly or can be folded down. They aren't my favorite. They were super comfy in the store, but now that I've worn them they aren't that great. Bummer.

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

#7 of 7 Old 02-11-2011, 05:20 PM

I have some yoga pants that are from target, just the regular section but they work really well in pregnancy but are on $15 so they only last one pregnancy.  I put mine on and they are starting to get very thin but can't really beat the price for pants.  They have one of those fold over waist bands, though someone mentioned staying up power.  I have big hips and they stay up just fine on me, unless my 3 year old is pulling them down but I don't know if that would be the case for everyone since the band isn't maternity specifically. 

I am still on the look out for some jeans though, the ones with the think band didn't work that well for me last time around.  We are super broke so to thrift town I go.

Mamabelly.gif to DS (3 years)biggrinbounce.gifjumpers.gifflowersforyou.gifchicken3.gifbroc1.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page